Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 1, 2022 14:59

One month and the SIXTY tour starts. Looking forward to this tour!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 2, 2022 05:59

The hype for the new tour is almost zero, very few news on the media, there's no buzz, nothing new to promote, a very weird way to celebrate an iconic date.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 2, 2022 07:32

Both Mick and Keith have been a lot in German newspapers over the last few weeks with Interviews (but mainly about their solo stuff). The tour is still a month to go! There's war in Europe, Things have changed. The Stones will get their attention as soon as they are on Tour. But Don't forget that they lost their immortality last year. It's Not the first time they tour Europe without him. Maybe they don't want the very big media celebration themselves.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 2, 2022 10:39

georgelicks
The hype for the new tour is almost zero, very few news on the media, there's no buzz, nothing new to promote, a very weird way to celebrate an iconic date.
I have to say I never saw that much advertising for a Stones show here in Germany, social media advertising and TV spots.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 2, 2022 12:20

Maybe they still need to move more tickets in Germany, as compared to some other shows? winking smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 2, 2022 14:05

Many shows sold very very well, there are even some complete sellouts, like Madrid. That didn't happen in a while. No need to promote.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 2, 2022 15:15

Stonesfan2146
Many shows sold very very well, there are even some complete sellouts, like Madrid. That didn't happen in a while. No need to promote.

wait and see… I'm still not convinced they already put all tickets on sale

Date: May 2, 2022 15:22

I think for Madrid they did. Less than 4 weeks until show day.

I never understood the purpose of holding back tickets anyways, but all other concerts already had their ticket drops.

Date: May 2, 2022 15:54

Usually some drops will still happen later in the game, for example as tickets reserved for the band/promoter get released, but then again we are talking about opening night which normally tends to be a show that sells well.

Date: May 2, 2022 16:03

Stonesfan2146

I never understood the purpose of holding back tickets anyways, but all other concerts already had their ticket drops.

artificial shortage usually boosts sales. If people get the impression that tickets sell fast they are more likely to buy tickets, especially more expansive categories. If the get the impression that sales are slow they tend to wait.

Date: May 2, 2022 16:05

Slewan might be onto something here - also these days don't they say that if you sell out right away that means your prices were too cheap?

In any case, there currently are some limited-view tickets still available for Madrid on Entradas.com

Date: May 2, 2022 16:17

That's true topi, but the saying that a sell-out implies the pricing was wrong seems to apply only to artists which are very famous and pricey. For example Adele and Ed Sheeran have stadiums sold out fast, remember when Adele sold out Wembley on multiple nights and kept adding dates in the stadium?

Yeah slewan, that might be the idea behind it. But I think it bears a risk that the people (and press) get the impression that the venue is sold out and that results in the last ticket drops not selling well.

Date: May 2, 2022 17:10

Stonesfan2146
That's true topi, but the saying that a sell-out implies the pricing was wrong seems to apply only to artists which are very famous and pricey. For example Adele and Ed Sheeran have stadiums sold out fast, remember when Adele sold out Wembley on multiple nights and kept adding dates in the stadium?

Yeah slewan, that might be the idea behind it. But I think it bears a risk that the people (and press) get the impression that the venue is sold out and that results in the last ticket drops not selling well.

well, I think ticketmaster etc. know their business

for German readers: there's interesting book by Berthold Seliger called 'Vom Imperiengeschäft: Wie Großkonzerne die kulturelle Vielfalt zerstören'. Lots of insights into the concert business and especially into LiveNation, eventim and so on.

Date: May 2, 2022 19:51

Mabru
One month and the SIXTY tour starts. Looking forward to this tour!

My guess rehearsals will start at some point of next week (3 weeks of rehearsals before the first show) but we'll see. I can't wait hot smileysmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-02 19:54 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: May 2, 2022 20:04

Diego, you may be right winking smiley

Date: May 2, 2022 20:18

I hope so!! #StonesSixty cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2022 22:02

georgelicks

There definitely seems to be a lack of enthusiasm and hype compared to past tours - everything seems subdued and muted.
Thought there would be much more given it's the 60th, but so far there's just been some lame designed merchandise.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: May 3, 2022 00:14

I don't see any energy or hype for the boys to tour. Am I reading too much into this?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 3, 2022 01:37

clapton71
I don't see any energy or hype for the boys to tour. Am I reading too much into this?

Seems most tickets sold so why the need for hype in advance. They haven't cancelled any shows (due to slow sales?) like another artist just did. I think you are reading toomuch into this.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: May 3, 2022 03:13

GasLightStreet
slewan
spunky
Sixty Tour Merchandise:
[therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

very boring and uninspired design…

Yep.

YAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN.
The cap is pretty cool,

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 3, 2022 05:47

Perhaps they'll throw a good bit to the wind, as it is, and do songs like Stupid Girl, What To Do, Miss Amanda Jones, 2000 Man and Jigsaw Puzzle.

And, on that note, perhaps 100 Years Ago, Short And Curlies, Lies, Send It To Me (holy crap would that actually be sweet)... you get the point: something different here and there. Obviously not a set list full of those, just a few here and there.

At this point, 60 years, why not? Of course it's easy to think Waiting On A Friend, rightly so, would be played, but some obscure tracks? Time does not wait for everyone.

Date: May 3, 2022 09:45

GasLightStreet
Perhaps they'll throw a good bit to the wind, as it is, and do songs like Stupid Girl, What To Do, Miss Amanda Jones, 2000 Man and Jigsaw Puzzle.

And, on that note, perhaps 100 Years Ago, Short And Curlies, Lies, Send It To Me (holy crap would that actually be sweet)... you get the point: something different here and there. Obviously not a set list full of those, just a few here and there.

At this point, 60 years, why not? Of course it's easy to think Waiting On A Friend, rightly so, would be played, but some obscure tracks? Time does not wait for everyone.
why not?

Because nobody, except the 0,5% die hards, want to hear those songs.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 3, 2022 13:00

PaintMonkeyManBlack
GasLightStreet

why not?

Well Gas Light - I like the romantic the here and there idea - but isn't that's what they do already since 50 years? On every gig on every tour since 1969 you will find old pearls from the past. Even in the early days, when there was a only a little past the setlist took a look backwards with 1 or 2 songs.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 3, 2022 13:53

Stonesfan2146

tickets drops, as golden circle is available right now:

[www.entradas.com]

Date: May 3, 2022 13:54

maybe the pick out one very early song (for their 60th anniversary). Beside that it will be the usual greatest hits show with one or two not so greatest hits thrown in

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 3, 2022 16:34

PaintMonkeyManBlack
GasLightStreet

why not?

I always wondered: what if they played one stadium show, just for the sake of it, without warhorses, advertised as such, so that all ticket buyers know that they are not going to get Satisfaction and JJF.

The "no warhorses show".

Do you (they) really think it would not sell as a normal show?

I am quite sure it would sell out ...

C

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: May 3, 2022 17:05

There’s currently an extensive poster advertising campaign going on in Liverpool. Suspect sales aren’t as strong as expected for this show.

Date: May 3, 2022 17:16

liddas

I always wondered: what if they played one stadium show, just for the sake of it, without warhorses, advertised as such, so that all ticket buyers know that they are not going to get Satisfaction and JJF.

The "no warhorses show".

C
Interesting thought. Don't think the selling would be a problem, rather that a lot of fans in the stadium would not know the songs and would not show the reaction that Mick likes to get from an audience.

Also at this point of their career I think playing just one show of rarely played songs would only make a so-so performance. If they didn't have a few shows to practice them it could easily get quite rough. Often the rare songs at their shows are nice to hear but a bit rusty performance wise. On the other hand they have perfected playing Jumpin Jack Flash and Start Me Up, they rarely disappoint performance wise.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-03 17:25 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 3, 2022 18:46

StonedRambler
liddas

The "no warhorses show".

C
Interesting thought. Don't think the selling would be a problem, rather that a lot of fans in the stadium would not know the songs and would not show the reaction that Mick likes to get from an audience.

Also at this point of their career I think playing just one show of rarely played songs would only make a so-so performance. If they didn't have a few shows to practice them it could easily get quite rough. Often the rare songs at their shows are nice to hear but a bit rusty performance wise. On the other hand they have perfected playing Jumpin Jack Flash and Start Me Up, they rarely disappoint performance wise.

Fonda 2015 proofs different. A fantastic show füll of songs not played for a Long time. But this all might work better in a theatre or a small arena. Many people were waiting for rare Songs in Florida last year because of the arena size

Date: May 3, 2022 19:19

hockenheim95
StonedRambler
liddas

The "no warhorses show".

C

Fonda 2015 proofs different. A fantastic show füll of songs not played for a Long time. But this all might work better in a theatre or a small arena. Many people were waiting for rare Songs in Florida last year because of the arena size
Yes you are right and I was truly suprised about that one. They played phenomenal, not just for an opening night. At most opening nights they're not able to deliver such a good performance, let alone on rarely played songs. Still you got to consider that most Sticky Fingers songs were played quite often love in the past, Can't You Hear Me Knockin', Bitch, Sway, Wild Horses etc. were played regulary during their big world tours. Also Moonlight Mile and I Got The Blues almost every night during No Security. So although they aren't warhorses, they aren't that "rare".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home