Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 20:18

snoopy2
For people who know these stadiums and cities, if you could choose one, maybe two shows at most, which would you choose based on the stadium and city? Still trying to make at least one trip happen and personally I'm thinking Lyon cuz would love to go wine-tasting in Bordeaux, but open to your knowledgeable suggestions!

Depends on what you're interested in. Where are you from? If you're interested in the alps you should probably go to Munich, Milan or Bern. If you like big cities London, Madrid, Paris, Milan and Amsterdam could be very interesting. I would avoid Brussels and Gelsenkirchen if I'm honest :-)

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 20:26

hockenheim95
snoopy2
For people who know these stadiums and cities, if you could choose one, maybe two shows at most, which would you choose based on the stadium and city? Still trying to make at least one trip happen and personally I'm thinking Lyon cuz would love to go wine-tasting in Bordeaux, but open to your knowledgeable suggestions!

Depends on what you're interested in. Where are you from? If you're interested in the alps you should probably go to Munich, Milan or Bern. If you like big cities London, Madrid, Paris, Milan and Amsterdam could be very interesting. I would avoid Brussels and Gelsenkirchen if I'm honest :-)

Food, cool walking streets, local culture and people! Currently live in Alabama but from Alaska so have seen plenty of mountains. Curious why not Brussels in your opinion? Thanks for the input!

Date: April 13, 2022 20:32

snoopy2
hockenheim95
snoopy2

Food, cool walking streets, local culture and people! Currently live in Alabama but from Alaska so have seen plenty of mountains. Curious why not Brussels in your opinion? Thanks for the input!

Just a personal taste...I think Amsterdam, Milan and London are the nicest cities to visit. Munich is not bad either if you're interested in good German beer and rustical food.

Amsterdam ist full of canals and very open minded regarding the amusement district and consume of Cannabis.

Milan is a cool city too. It's warm their and Italian food is great.

London is the city of our boys. I Always Love to be there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-13 20:34 by hockenheim95.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 13, 2022 22:35

snoopy2
hockenheim95
snoopy2

Munich – in late May/early June is quite often rainy in Germany, thus Munich might not be the best choice.

Amsterdam is nice but horrible when it's overcrowded. And there are the wrong tourists (people coming for drugs and cheap sex).

Paris is Paris and always worthwhile visiting (although the French tend to hate tourists)

London – seems to be the only option to catch two shows without traveling.

Gelsenkirchen – forget that place. But there's good train connection from Paris to Gelsenkichen (via Cologne) and Gelsenkirchen is just half an hour away from Düsseldorf airport – in case you think about flying to Stockholm (a real nice place to visit).

Never been to Milan, Madrid or Bern, thus I can't say anything about those places.
(But keep in mind that Switzerland is horribly expensive).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-13 22:37 by slewan.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 14, 2022 04:31

snoopy2

France's culinary capital. That would be my choice if I were doing one show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-14 04:58 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 14, 2022 06:38

snoopy2
hockenheim95
snoopy2

Brussels was great the first time I went. Belgian beer, chocolate and food is top notch. I am actually spending a lot of my trip in Belgium. Aside from the Stones, catching one day of Rock Werchter festival (Pearl Jam, First Aid Kit, War on Drugs) before heading back to London for Hyde Park 2 and one day of Cactus Festival (Ben Harper) in Bruges before the Stones in Brussels.

Date: April 14, 2022 07:22

Thanks Daspy, Dean, hocken, and slewan! .. You've all given me some stuff to ponder, def leaning towards Lyon (food!) and so I can pop over to Bordeaux after, and most likely will add another show and town to explore. Free place to stay in Wiesbaden (military friend) so may start/end trip in Frankfurt

Date: April 14, 2022 08:58

snoopy2
Thanks Daspy, Dean, hocken, and slewan! .. You've all given me some stuff to ponder, def leaning towards Lyon (food!) and so I can pop over to Bordeaux after, and most likely will add another show and town to explore. Free place to stay in Wiesbaden (military friend) so may start/end trip in Frankfurt

then suddenly Gelsenkirchen would make some sense in case of travel time smiling smiley

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 14, 2022 13:01

Yes, Frankfurt-Gelsenkirchen by train is under 2 hrs.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2022 16:29

Nikkei
treaclefingers
Nikkei
nobody uses guts anymore, nylon maybe but that's also going out of style

Well when they went with the oversized rackets, it put a lot of pressure on the supply of guts.

It's simple economics.

Well it was good for one thing, I read somewhere it's considered the most sonically satisfying sport

You make me wanna be a better tennis player.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 14, 2022 16:59

treaclefingers
Nikkei
treaclefingers
Nikkei
nobody uses guts anymore, nylon maybe but that's also going out of style

Well when they went with the oversized rackets, it put a lot of pressure on the supply of guts.

It's simple economics.

Well it was good for one thing, I read somewhere it's considered the most sonically satisfying sport

You make me wanna be a better tennis player.

You certainly seem to have the guts for it the rest is practice

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 14, 2022 19:10

snoopy2

Food??? Go to Lyon, and the city is beautiful too. The new stadium is kinda far but well deserved.

Date: April 15, 2022 03:09

leteyer
snoopy2

Food??? Go to Lyon, and the city is beautiful too. The new stadium is kinda far but well deserved.

Lyon has made the short-list for sure !

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 15, 2022 17:41

Lyon has made the short-list for sure ![/quote]

I have Lucky Dips for Lyon and (I posted on that city's page) that I have been watching videos about the city and The Food - OMG! I'm sold!
Hoping to fly from US to Paris, spend a couple nights in Paris, then train down to Lyon and eat my way through the city - all that, and the Stones!

Date: April 15, 2022 22:55

..ok, shooting for Vienna and Lyon (if I can figure out how to get from Vienna to Lyon in time for the show!). but pretty sure I've settled on these two cuz they're back to back, enticing food in Lyon and Vienna looks fun to walk around, and I can get to Paris to fly home fairly easily from Lyon

thx for all your inputs, and hope to see some of you smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-17 06:22 by snoopy2.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 19, 2022 17:01

daspyknows
snoopy2
hockenheim95
snoopy2

Brussels was great the first time I went. Belgian beer, chocolate and food is top notch. I am actually spending a lot of my trip in Belgium. Aside from the Stones, catching one day of Rock Werchter festival (Pearl Jam, First Aid Kit, War on Drugs) before heading back to London for Hyde Park 2 and one day of Cactus Festival (Ben Harper) in Bruges before the Stones in Brussels.

Daspy, have you tried the fries with the Belgian mayonaisse? Excellent, imo.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2022 22:45

angee
daspyknows
snoopy2
hockenheim95
snoopy2

Daspy, have you tried the fries with the Belgian mayonaisse? Excellent, imo.

I have. My favorite fries are from a place in Amsterdam by central station. They have all the sauces. Don't worry, I will partake in both countries.

Date: April 20, 2022 03:06

Oh, good! I haven't tried those in Amsterdam.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 20, 2022 15:28

Just looking at some seating charts.

Vienna seems to sell slow

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: April 20, 2022 18:08

Many Many years that was in the year 2007, lot of people including die fans have thought thought this is the last time. However, they came back strongly to embark 50th anniversary in 2012. And they went on. Even in the year 2015 onwards, I was wishing, that they touch the 60th anniversary. If they do, it will be a Guinness book of world record. A longest surviving band, almost longest surviving, But that thrilled vanished in 2021. Of course I will watch them live in 60th anniversary. Not much thrilled because of Mr.Watts sudden demise.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 22, 2022 00:18

Well good to hear this upcoming tour is not their last as Mick says.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 22, 2022 13:56

babyblue
Well good to hear this upcoming tour is not their last as Mick says.

Those words he never said before did he? It concerns me more….smoking smiley

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 22, 2022 16:20

Could they do more dates at the end of this year????

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: April 22, 2022 19:30

Does anyone have a phone number for Customer Service for Eurail?

I am locked out of the website and cannot get any help from them via email and FB messenger. (Yes, I have tried the "reset password" link, but it doesn't work.)

Thank you.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 22, 2022 21:35

6s7s9s

Does anyone have a phone number for Customer Service for Eurail?

TRAIN-E, the virtual assistant of Eurail says: "I am afraid we don't offer customer support over the phone".

[www.Eurail.com] - [www.Facebook.com] - customerservice@eurail.com

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2022 22:01

kkhoranstoned
Could they do more dates at the end of this year????

Absolutely.

“I am not planning it to be the last tour. I love being on tour. I don’t think I would do it if I did not enjoy it,” - Mick

Date: April 24, 2022 18:44

hockenheim95

Amsterdam is full of canals and very open minded regarding the amusement district and consume of Cannabis.

Tourists can always take a dive in the polluted Canals to find a rusty stolen bike on the bottom, or to avoid the unbearable smell of Cannabis.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 24, 2022 23:00

TheflyingDutchman
hockenheim95

Amsterdam is full of canals and very open minded regarding the amusement district and consume of Cannabis.

Tourists can always take a dive in the polluted Canals to find a rusty stolen bike on the bottom, or to avoid the unbearable smell of Cannabis.

...and while they are at it, look for my cell phone!

Date: April 25, 2022 04:12

TheFlyingDutchman,

Would that be the unbearable smell or the unavoidable smell/pervasive smell? smiling smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 25, 2022 11:55

angee
TheFlyingDutchman,

Would that be the unbearable smell or the unavoidable smell/pervasive smell? smiling smiley

In my case: both. Been there done that. grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home