Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 10, 2022 03:18

StonedRambler
slewan
not playing 'Satisfaction' every show sounds promising (but I don't think that they have the guts to do so)

(and it's save bet to predict that they'll end up with more or less the same setlist as they always do)
Not sure if this is good or bad promo for them, considering how many people come to the show just to hear Satisfaction & co.

anyone who spends hundreds of pounds for a ticket (not to mention transport and hotels) 'just' to hear one song or to be so entitled as to think a band has to be their personal jukebox deserves to be fleeced.

and if someone doesnt hear their favourite song, what are they going to do about it? Ask for a refund? Walk out? Decide not to come back (that'll really hurt a band where the members are pushing 80 and probably wont tour Europe again..)

Worth remembering - No Security Tour 1999. By FAR their highest ever ticket prices at the time. Satisfaction dropped. Miss You dropped. Lots of deep cuts. They said in advance they'd drop a few 'classics'.

Next tour in 2002 - sell outs all round.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 03:47 by Gazza.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 10, 2022 10:14

Gazza
StonedRambler
slewan
not playing 'Satisfaction' every show sounds promising (but I don't think that they have the guts to do so)

(and it's save bet to predict that they'll end up with more or less the same setlist as they always do)
Not sure if this is good or bad promo for them, considering how many people come to the show just to hear Satisfaction & co.

anyone who spends hundreds of pounds for a ticket (not to mention transport and hotels) 'just' to hear one song or to be so entitled as to think a band has to be their personal jukebox deserves to be fleeced.

and if someone doesnt hear their favourite song, what are they going to do about it? Ask for a refund? Walk out? Decide not to come back (that'll really hurt a band where the members are pushing 80 and probably wont tour Europe again..)

Worth remembering - No Security Tour 1999. By FAR their highest ever ticket prices at the time. Satisfaction dropped. Miss You dropped. Lots of deep cuts. They said in advance they'd drop a few 'classics'.

this only true for the American part of NoSecurity. Elsewhere satisfaction was played every night.
The American part of NoSecurity was sepcial insofar as they play smaller venues than usual ('only' 15.000-20.000 capacity)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 10, 2022 10:45

slewan
Gazza
StonedRambler
slewan

this only true for the American part of NoSecurity. Elsewhere satisfaction was played every night.
The American part of NoSecurity was sepcial insofar as they play smaller venues than usual ('only' 15.000-20.000 capacity)

Sorry, but this is not right Slewan.

1. There have only been concerts in North American in the No Security Tour. The European/GB part of the tour was billed and promoted as Bridges to Babylon Tour. They even uses the B2B Stage. But they used the No Security Video Intro.

2. Satisfaction was not played on every Concert of the European/GB part. For example Stuttgart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 10:47 by hockenheim95.

Date: April 10, 2022 11:43

hockenheim95
slewan
Gazza
StonedRambler
slewan

1. There have only been concerts in North American in the No Security Tour. The European/GB part of the tour was billed and promoted as Bridges to Babylon Tour. They even uses the B2B Stage. But they used the No Security Video Intro.

2. Satisfaction was not played on every Concert of the European/GB part. For example Stuttgart.

well, my mistake – I somehow counted 1998 as part of No Security, maybe because they did some shows in Europe in 1999 (that were originally planed for 1998?

anyway: the US part of No Security was not a stadium tour

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 10, 2022 13:13

Irix
Oriongalaxy

Thanks for sharing the link. Is there any option to listen to this interview? Any mp3 shared via website that I can't find?

Just look above - [iorr.org] - "The interview will be available from 10-Apr-2022, 12 noon, on [www.SWR3.de] and all popular podcast portals".

Nit sure why but can't find it. Maybe German website is too messy to manage..Unlike Swedish where the podcast was uploaded right away after the interview.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 10, 2022 14:17

Maybe they just haven't uploaded it yet. I checked the same "Talk With Thees" podcast on Spotify and the Jagger interview is not there either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 14:21 by Topi.

Date: April 10, 2022 14:23

Topi
Maybe they just haven't uploaded it yet. I checked the same "Talk With Thees" podcast on Spotify and the Jagger interview is not there either.

Yeah...still not there. Not really reliable those Germans...winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 10, 2022 18:25

The SWR3-Podcast is now available - [www.ARDAudiothek.de] , [open.Spotify.com] , [Podcasts.Google.com] , [Podcasts.Apple.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 18:35 by Irix.

Date: April 10, 2022 20:32

Irix
The SWR3-Podcast is now available - [www.ARDAudiothek.de] , [open.Spotify.com] , [Podcasts.Google.com] , [Podcasts.Apple.com] .

Thanks. I was listening to it just a few minutes ago.

Date: April 10, 2022 21:27

slewan
Gazza
StonedRambler
slewan

the 99 European tour was ' a stadium tour that would not have taken place at all had the band not postponed all four of their UK BTB stadium shows in 1998 for tax reasons. Obviously, the setlist for a stadium tour was going to be less daring than an arena tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 21:29 by Gazza.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 10, 2022 22:33

I was there and they did not play Satisfaction there either

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 12, 2022 09:21

Gazza
the 99 European tour was ' a stadium tour that would not have taken place at all had the band not postponed all four of their UK BTB stadium shows in 1998 for tax reasons. Obviously, the setlist for a stadium tour was going to be less daring than an arena tour.
Wasn't it postponed because Keith fell off a ladder in his library?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 12, 2022 11:35

StonedRambler
Gazza

No. Keith's accident in his library delayed the start of the European tour in 1998. It was supposed to start in Berlin, end of May.
The first dozen or so shows were postponed to later that Summer, and the first show ended up being Nuremberg mid-June.

Date: April 12, 2022 12:11

erikjjf
StonedRambler
Gazza

No. Keith's accident in his library delayed the start of the European tour in 1998. It was supposed to start in Berlin, end of May.
The first dozen or so shows were postponed to later that Summer, and the first show ended up being Nuremberg mid-June.
Ah, thanks for clarifying!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 12, 2022 14:26

It seems, that there won't be a show in the north or east part of Germany.
I was hoping for something to come but it didn't. It's the first time, this happens and it's very disappointing for us in the north and east.
The first tour without me going since I started in 1982.

Date: April 12, 2022 15:37

micha063
I was hoping for something to come but it didn't. It's the first time, this happens and it's very disappointing for us in the north and east.
From the tour schedule it was clear after the announcement that Munich and Gelsenkirchen are the two shows and that there isn't any space for a third German show to be announced later.

I think we in Germany are absolutely spoiled when it comes to Stones shows since 2014. No other mainland European country gets as many different towns as Germany does.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 12, 2022 16:02

micha063

In 2014 there hasn't been a concert in the South of Germany
In 2018 there hasn't been a concert in the West of Germany
In 2022 there won't been a concert in the Nort/East of Germany

Nothing to moan about

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: April 12, 2022 16:15

micha063

Germany is a small country.
Me and many travelled moonlight miles across the planet to see them.
And you only saw them a bikeride or footwalk away since 40 years?
And you are going to miss them because you refuse to drive 5-6 hours with the car??

Date: April 12, 2022 16:42

caschimann
micha063

And you are going to miss them because you refuse to drive 5-6 hours with the car??

Germany isn't that small but railway connections are very good (in contrast to the UK as well as the US)

Date: April 12, 2022 16:59

slewan
caschimann
micha063

Germany isn't that small but railway connections are very good (in contrast to the UK as well as the US)
Small or not small is relative. Compared to how far some people from Sweden or Norway have to travel to see a concert in Stockholm or Oslo it is. Also depending where you are in Germany it's relatively easy (and often even cheaper because of the ticket prices) to just see them in the Neighbor countries. Amsterdam, Brussels, Vienna...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2022 17:29

StonedRambler
slewan
caschimann
micha063

Small or not small is relative. Compared to how far some people from Sweden or Norway have to travel to see a concert in Stockholm or Oslo it is. Also depending where you are in Germany it's relatively easy (and often even cheaper because of the ticket prices) to just see them in the Neighbor countries. Amsterdam, Brussels, Vienna...

Perhaps it's an issue of cost, so I get that, but if it isn't then travelling a bit to go to see 'your band' is a bit of the adventure. ROAD TRIP!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 12, 2022 21:46

treaclefingers
StonedRambler
slewan
caschimann
micha063

Perhaps it's an issue of cost, so I get that, but if it isn't then travelling a bit to go to see 'your band' is a bit of the adventure. ROAD TRIP!
Think of those who live in Sicily, who must go to Milan (almost 1500 km) to see them !!!smiling smiley

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 00:09

caschimann
micha063

Travel, Hotel, Time.
I don't refuse. I simply can't afford.
I used to travel to see them many times. Think before you judge.

Date: April 13, 2022 04:02

StonedRambler
erikjjf
StonedRambler
Gazza

Ah, thanks for clarifying!

That 1998 tour was bloody jinxed. Especially at the start. Keith's accident causing the first 3-4 weeks of shows to be postponed and having to be rescheduled (some of the shows were just cancelled, I think), other shows postponed/cancelled when Mick had a sore throat, the UK tour being pulled in early June for tax reasons and then poor ticket sales in France due to the World Cup being held there causing all but one of the shows there to be cancelled (I think maybe one or two were cancelled due to Mick or Keith's health problems but when it came to rescheduling, they just cancelled some of the poorer selling ones). In the end, the only French show of the six (?) that were planned was Paris - and THAT was originally supposed to be two shows with the cancelled show being scheduled for Mick's birthday. As I recall, all the tickets were valid for the show that DID take place, leading to a very crammed Stade de France!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-13 04:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2022 04:56

slewan
hockenheim95
slewan
Gazza
StonedRambler
slewan

well, my mistake – I somehow counted 1998 as part of No Security, maybe because they did some shows in Europe in 1999 (that were originally planed for 1998?

anyway: the US part of No Security was not a stadium tour

The size of the venue doesn't matter - they didn't play Satisfaction during the 1970, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1978, a few club gigs pre-1995 Euro tour, 1999 and mostly small venues but also arenas during LICKS tours.

Since 2005.. different story. But post-1969, a lot of tours with guts.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 13, 2022 12:57

So NOW you like guts, do you, GasLightStreet? When I wrote that I wanted to hear three songs from Keith´s solo albums, when he played live recently - you told me to go and follow another band. I should not complain. Shame on me.

Strange. But fine with me. So what band are you going to follow now?

Date: April 13, 2022 13:28

nobody uses guts anymore, nylon maybe but that's also going out of style

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2022 16:06

Nikkei

Well when they went with the oversized rackets, it put a lot of pressure on the supply of guts.

It's simple economics.

Date: April 13, 2022 16:19

treaclefingers
Nikkei

Well when they went with the oversized rackets, it put a lot of pressure on the supply of guts.

It's simple economics.

Well it was good for one thing, I read somewhere it's considered the most sonically satisfying sport

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 13, 2022 20:11

For people who know these stadiums and cities, if you could choose one, maybe two shows at most, which would you choose based on the stadium and city? Still trying to make at least one trip happen and personally I'm thinking Lyon cuz would love to go wine-tasting in Bordeaux, but open to your knowledgeable suggestions!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home