Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 4, 2022 21:25

Topi
slewan
my point was not that I doubt anybody's inside knowledge. I just wondered if the rumored Stones' plans about RAH might have changed

Did you read those messages by AntoineParis? Do a search - you may find the answer between the lines. winking smiley

of course I did. But waht he said concering dates doesn't go together the RAH rumors

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 4, 2022 21:31

Maybe you didn't read all that he said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-04 21:43 by Topi.

Date: April 5, 2022 06:10

When do you think rehearsals will start? My guess it will be at late April with a week off before the first show in Madrid

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: April 5, 2022 10:01

DiegoGlimmerStones
When do you think rehearsals will start? My guess it will be at late April with a week off before the first show in Madrid

Probably around 16 may or just few days before. Not in april for sure

Date: April 5, 2022 22:03

Soooooo! Is this tour sold out or are tickets available and if so where please? I can’t be arsed with joining any clubs or credit cards to get a ticket but advice on getting one somewhere other than uk welcomed. Cheers

Date: April 5, 2022 22:22

Not sold out. Just go to [rollingstones.com]

A quick glance shows only Madrid and Paris as sold out at the moment, but remember you can't sell what you don't put on sale. These are big venues, tickets will drop.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 22:30 by Topi.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 5, 2022 22:27

Madrid sold out too, only a handful of tickets left for Amsterdam.

But the others are still being sold. I gotta say tickets for this tour sell faster than the No Filter Tour tickets 2017-21.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 22:29 by Stonesfan2146.

Date: April 5, 2022 22:29

Oh sorry, I meant Madrid, but typed Milan.

Milan is not sold out. Will correct.

Date: April 5, 2022 22:32

Ticketmaster Spain shows one seat left for Madrid in section 105.

[www.ticketmaster.es]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-05 22:33 by Topi.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: April 5, 2022 22:42

If the shows were sold out this early it means the tickets were underpriced.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 6, 2022 00:28

Captain Jack Sparrow
Soooooo! Is this tour sold out or are tickets available and if so where please? I can’t be arsed with joining any clubs or credit cards to get a ticket but advice on getting one somewhere other than uk welcomed. Cheers

classic attitude i love it

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 6, 2022 22:47

Stonesfan2146

But the others are still being sold. I gotta say tickets for this tour sell faster than the No Filter Tour tickets 2017-21.

Maybe people are more concert-hungry after covid

Date: April 6, 2022 22:53

NilsHolgersson
Stonesfan2146

Maybe people are more concert-hungry after covid

I still believe that they didn't put all tickets on sale and that there will be a second wave of tickets.
For example: For the Paris show you could see how many tickets in each category were left. Shortly after tickets went on sale the number normal GA standing tickets left was a little bit below 20.000. Considering the size of the venue – just 20.000 GA tickets available seems absurd.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: April 7, 2022 03:15

If there is a surprise gig it would be useful to know if that is likely to be between the two Hyde Park shows as opposed to after...

If RAH isn't the venue then really it doesn't leave many London venues that fit the bill size wise and have availability during that period...maybe if not RAH its nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 10:50 by GJB.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 7, 2022 06:58

Why would they do a small capacity venue besides celebrating the 150th of RAH? RAH is booked between the two RAH shows. Any other small venues seems wishful thinking.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 7, 2022 15:10

The surprise gig may well be the opening gig..........

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: April 7, 2022 20:08

The Royal Albert Hall has dates free on the 27th June and a number of days from 4th July

Date: April 7, 2022 20:27

AntoineParis
DiegoGlimmerStones

Probably around 16 may or just few days before. Not in april for sure

I agree, maybe late April but more likely early May

According to Topi

In 2017 they started rehearsals on August 21, the first show was in Hamburg on September 10, 20 days out.

In 2018 they started rehearsals 17 days before the first show.

In 2019 they started rehearsals at the end of May, with the first show in Chicago on June 21. More than three weeks out.

And according to timeisonourside.com

In 2021 they started rehearsals on August 18, 5 weeks before the first show

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 7, 2022 21:10

Interview (in German): "Mick Jagger: Update zur Europa-Tour der Rolling Stones" - [www.RollingStone.de] :

Translation:

Mick Jagger: Update on the Rolling Stones' European tour

Mick Jagger talks about the Rolling Stones tour and his solo work

Yannick Levante · 07.04.2022

Mick Jagger has opened up about working on his theme song for the British series "Slow Horses", the ins and outs of working via video call and his love of novels and historical non-fiction - and the Rolling Stones' upcoming "No Filter" concerts in Europe.

Between Flow and Variety - the Art of the Setlist

First, the frontman of the British band gives insight into the process of Stones setlists. In order to generate excitement at the gigs, Mick especially focuses on the variety of the tracks. At the same time, the setlist needs a uniformity of tempo and rhythms of the tracks: "You can't constantly switch back and forth between fast and slow numbers during these two hours on stage. The whole thing has to flow," Jagger said in the SWR3 interview. It could well be that "Satisfaction", the biggest hit, would not be performed live every evening.

Collaboration for new title song took place via Zoom

Jagger also wrote the song "Strange Game" for the new series "Slow Horses" together with film composer Daniel Pemberton. For this, the two communicated via Zoom. The creation process went smoothly despite the distance: "It was really easy. He sent me the track, but it had no vocals, no melody or lyrics. Then he said, these are the chords. Play it yourself on the guitar. Then I played it on guitar and wrote the lyrics super fast."

Jagger on his enthusiasm for literature

Mick Jagger also benefited in the writing process from the fact that he had already read several parts of the accompanying book series by Mick Herron. This serves as a model for the series: "I read four. And I liked them very much. That's probably why it was so easy for me to write the lyrics so quickly. Because I knew the background and the books." Jagger also said that he reads both non-fiction and novels. Most recently, he delved into the history of the Ottoman Empire. In the interview, he recounted an atrocity of that dynasty that particularly stuck in his mind: "When the Sultan grew old and was about to die, his sons gathered in what is now Istanbul. The eldest normally became sultan and had the other brothers killed" - [www.RollingStone.de] .

Another interview with Mick Jagger by German public broadcaster SWR3 on 10-Apr-2022 - [www.SWR.de] . Excerpt:

Mick Jagger in an exclusive SWR3 interview: Concerts also possible without "Satisfaction"

SWR · 06.04.2022 · 1:40pm

Working on song selection for new European tour of the "Rolling Stones" / Jagger's series soundtrack via smartphone and video call / On 10 April on the radio and in the podcast "Promi-Talk mit Thees"

In an exclusive SWR3 interview with host Kristian Thees, Mick Jagger talks about the new European tour of the "Rolling Stones", his theme song for the British spy series "Slow Horses", working via video call and his love of novels and non-fiction.

Surprising the audience

Mick Jagger tells SWR3 that he likes to surprise the audience at the "Rolling Stones" concerts. At the moment, he is working on the set list, which is tricky: "You need as wide a selection of songs as possible during rehearsals so that you don't have to play the same songs every night. Also so that it doesn't get boring for the band. And the setlist needs a flow. You can't keep switching back and forth between fast and slow numbers during those two hours on stage. The whole thing has to flow." Especially important is the first song of the evening, which has to grab the audience right away. He doesn't yet know which song it will be in the summer. It could also be a different one every night. In general, fans are also happy about songs they wouldn't expect: "but definitely not too many of them," laughs Mick Jagger. And yes, he says when asked, there have been concerts without "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". In June, the "Rolling Stones" go on a big European tour.

Song "Strange Game" for new series "Slow Horses" was ready in a flash

Together with film composer Daniel Pemberton, world star Mick Jagger has written the theme song "Strange Game" for the British spy series "Slow Horses". Composed via Zoom, the two had never met in real life before their collaboration. "But we're going to meet in person for the first time this week," Jagger enthuses. Nevertheless, the recording of the song was apparently effortless, as he tells us: "It was really easy. He sent me the track, but this one had no vocals, no melody or lyrics. Then he said, these are the chords. Play it yourself on the guitar. Then I played it on guitar and wrote the lyrics super fast." But Pemberton also briefly played Jagger an idea for the song on guitar. Although he says he's not very good at it. When asked if Jagger felt the same way, he replied: "It was only about 30 seconds. Besides, I'm not the best guitar player myself." They disagreed on how many lyrics should be in the song. Pemberton wanted even more lyrics than Mick Jagger. The latter then explained "that it also needs some space, it can't just be words, words, words, words. It also needs space for this slightly eerie atmosphere. That's why I put some more 'Ooh Ooh's in the chorus, which is a bit more simplistic than the verses." According to Jagger, the song as a whole was also probably written very quickly: "The first line that came to my mind was 'Surrounded by losers, misfits and boozers', which is also the first line of the song." He goes on to report, "I sent the vocal to Daniel via iPhone and asked him what it was like." It was only later that Jagger went into the studio for the recording.

Jagger on his love of books

There was a reason why the song was finished so quickly: Mick Jagger knew the book series behind Mick Herron's series: "I read four. And I liked them a lot. That's probably why it was so easy for me to write the lyrics so quickly. Because I knew the background and the books." For reading, Jagger makes time: "I try to read a novel and a non-fiction book at the same time." When asked what the last non-fiction book he read was, Jagger replies, "It was about the history of the Ottoman Empire." He was interested in great empires like the Roman or Greek. One particularly horrifying thing about the Ottoman Empire, he says, "When the Sultan grew old and was about to die, his sons gathered in what is now Istanbul. The eldest usually became sultan and had the other brothers killed." A tradition that stopped sometime around 1700, as Jagger describes.

Jagger's Picasso moment

When Pemberton was asked what it was like working with Mick Jagger, he replied that it was like asking Picasso to paint his walls. Asked what Jagger's Picasso moment would be, he replied, "I'd ask Francis Bacon to paint my bedroom." This would have been quite practical had the British painter not already passed away: "He lived around the corner from me. I should have asked him, I'm sure he would have refused."

The interview will also be available from 10-Apr-2022, 12 noon, on [www.SWR3.de] and all popular podcast portals - [www.SWR.de] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 21:55 by Irix.

Date: April 7, 2022 21:20

"Upcoming 'No Filter' concerts in Europe" - the German Rolling Stone is now as stupid as the German tabloid BILD - both are released by the same publisher: Axel Springer SE - [www.AxelSpringer.com] .

Date: April 7, 2022 21:24

glimmertwinz
The Royal Albert Hall has dates free on the 27th June and a number of days from 4th July

There is no way they're playing anywhere on Monday the 27th after having played Hyde Park on Saturday.

Look how many off days there are between each scheduled show and do the math.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 21:27 by Topi.

Date: April 7, 2022 22:38

not playing 'Satisfaction' every show sounds promising (but I don't think that they have the guts to do so)

(and it's save bet to predict that they'll end up with more or less the same setlist as they always do)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 22:40 by slewan.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2022 08:24

slewan
not playing 'Satisfaction' every show sounds promising (but I don't think that they have the guts to do so)

(and it's save bet to predict that they'll end up with more or less the same setlist as they always do)
Not sure if this is good or bad promo for them, considering how many people come to the show just to hear Satisfaction & co.

Date: April 8, 2022 11:54

StonedRambler
slewan

Not sure if this is good or bad promo for them, considering how many people come to the show just to hear Satisfaction & co.

Is there anybody who takes Jagger serious on that topic?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 8, 2022 13:03

slewan
StonedRambler
slewan

Is there anybody who takes Jagger serious on that topic?
We on this forum certainly don't but anyone else might do

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: April 8, 2022 15:49

PaintMonkeyManBlack
There are still 2 gaps in the tour where one is 'usual'. I think they will do 'something'.

Maybe just a rumour or wishful thinking but it fits the gap on July 7th
the main day of this world famous San Fermin Festival, Pamplona, Spain (the running of the bulls).

[www.noticiasdenavarra.com]

3/12/22

It must be remembered that at the Culture Table, held last February, some twenty proposals for the next festivals came forward, among them, the most ambitious, and at the same time almost unfeasible, bringing music groups as legendary as The Rolling Stones or Guns N Roses.
Specifically, the proposal advocated "increasing the quality of artists, especially referring to musical groups".

This will be the "never seen" surprise that the Mayor spoke about, and for which the City Council is working.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-08 15:51 by spain73.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 9, 2022 00:37

Interview Mick Jagger - Germany - Radio SWR3 - Sunday 10. April 2022

[www.swr.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-09 14:40 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 9, 2022 16:11

satisfaction2
Interview Mick Jagger - Germany - Radio SWR3 - Sunday 10. April 2022

[www.swr.de]

Thanks for sharing the link. Is there any option to listen to this interview? Any mp3 shared via website that I can't find?

Date: April 9, 2022 16:55

Oriongalaxy

Thanks for sharing the link. Is there any option to listen to this interview? Any mp3 shared via website that I can't find?

Just look above - [iorr.org] - "The interview will be available from 10-Apr-2022, 12 noon, on [www.SWR3.de] and all popular podcast portals".

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 9, 2022 18:43

That is great! Thanks! smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2201
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home