Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:05

Oriongalaxy
Hi all,

Have you ever heard of the situation when The Band meets fans in front of the hotel they stay currently? I mean we had such a chance in Warsaw in 2018. Thought maybe fans in other cities are planning to gather together as well. The only thing is - does anyone know which hotel they stay?

Just curious - why would you think anyone here would know at what hotel they'll stay at for a tour that hasn't happened yet?

Tickmasters Tactics
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:24

Hi
Last time in Arnhem No filter I used the option!Take the best places for me !
Wich where bad places for 239 euros.
Later days be before the concert I saw better places showing up still free-
Is Tickmasters using tactics to sell out blocks who have to be filled in first place ?

Are there back lucky dips available just before the dates ?

Any info

Re: Tickmasters Tactics
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:48

Band/promoter holds and production holds go back in later. Also the tickets they hold back to scalp themselves might go back in a regular price. But it's not a given this will happen if it's a high demand event.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2022 09:19

Lucky Dip drops are extremely rare.

Always know what you are buying! Don't just blindly use the "best available" option. I don't know if it's tactics necessarily, but the TM algorithms may assume the "best available" ticket is a seat in the lower bowl, not a standing ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 10:13 by Topi.

Buying tickets outside the arena at cheap price
Date: March 28, 2022 07:14

Is it clever to buy outside the arena at cheap price at the latest moment when the Concert is about to start or just begun.
Some people buy more tickets to sell them at higher prices
A friend of mine got field ticks for about 25 euros in arnhem No filter
Is it worth the risk, I dont mind driven to concert
139 euro for bad place is too much

any stories or tips

Re: Buying tickets outside the arena at cheap price
Date: March 28, 2022 07:23

Note that some shows (Amsterdam, Stockholm, Brussels) are E-tickets only. PDF tickets are very easy to fake, I would not buy a piece of paper from a guy on the street.

Also, the Hyde Park shows are mobile tickets on the app with changing QR codes, damn near impossible to resell.

I would only do this if the tickets are hard tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 07:24 by Topi.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:29

steffiestones
Is it clever to buy outside the arena at cheap price at the latest moment when the Concert is about to start or just begun.
Some people buy more tickets to sell them at higher prices
A friend of mine got field ticks for about 25 euros in arnhem No filter
Is it worth the risk, I dont mind driven to concert
139 euro for bad place is too much

any stories or tips

You have to work at it, just don't stand around and wait for someone to ask you if you are looking.

At a Stones show there are always loads of ticketless, panhandlers and bargain hunters. Even more so if it's a sold out show. Sometimes it's all about being in the right place at the right time and asking the right person.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 28, 2022 07:59

If it's a stadium show there's usually plenty of good tickets from scalpers who've already made their money off the suckers. They just want to unload their tickets before they show begins and they're left holding worthless ducats. And there are usually so many tickets at a stadium show that you can often walk up to box office and get good seats at face value. This can work, but not always, at arena shows because there are less tickets.

Of course you have to be savvy, and maybe carry a map of the venue if you're outside. And check the dates on the tickets. Just like a used car, walk away if the seller doesn't come up with a reasonable price.

I never buy online. Does anybody actually wait in line anymore? I hated those days. It was rigged and the good seats were already gone, squirreled away, by the time you got to the window even if you'd stayed all night.

If the venue isn't far away, and you can pay full freight, go the to the box office itself and see what they've got before the concert, or even night of. I've gotten tickets the Stones themselves were holding aside for their needs, and then they release them right before the gig. Sat a few rows up on the side of the stage amongst some celebs that night.

Date: March 28, 2022 08:42

Topi
Note that some shows (Amsterdam, Stockholm, Brussels) are E-tickets only. PDF tickets are very easy to fake, I would not buy a piece of paper from a guy on the street.

Also, the Hyde Park shows are mobile tickets on the app with changing QR codes, damn near impossible to resell.

I would only do this if the tickets are hard tickets.

what are hard ,

Date: March 28, 2022 09:10

By "hard" tickets I mean a real paper ticket that's not a printed-out PDF. You know, the kind Eventim Germany still sends by the mail?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-28 09:15 by Topi.

Date: March 28, 2022 09:17

The box office, of course, will have legit tickets - if they have any left. Their prices will be face value, though, so chances are you won't really find any cheap deals.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 28, 2022 18:16

Topi
Lucky Dip drops are extremely rare.

Always know what you are buying! Don't just blindly use the "best available" option. I don't know if it's tactics necessarily, but the TM algorithms may assume the "best available" ticket is a seat in the lower bowl, not a standing ticket.

Best ticket available is best ticket for them to sell, not best ticket for you.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 29, 2022 17:17

From Mick's interview with Kory Grow of Rolling Stone, posted March 29:

Jagger’s other challenge of late has been prepping for the Rolling Stones’ upcoming European trek, commemorating their 60th anniversary. If the band were royalty, that milestone would call for a “diamond jubilee,” as Queen Elizabeth II celebrated a decade ago, but the singer says the group will mark it with “a light touch.” “I’m not going to push it that hard,” he says.

Jagger says former Stones bassist Bill Wyman and guitarist Mick Taylor would not be making appearances again, as they did with the band’s 50th. “We’re not going to go there, I don’t think,” he says. “The tour’s called Sixty, but apart from that we’re not going to do too much. I think that’s enough.”

Beyond that, he’s still figuring out the perfect set list after 60 years. “It’s hard,” he says. “It should be easy but it’s not as easy as all that to get ones that everyone likes and goes for. It’s the common denominator of getting 50,000 people to want to hear a song that they want. You want to be adventurous — and you can be adventurous for a minute — but you can’t be adventurous for too long, because they get bored.”

The anything-but-boring Sixty Tour kicks off June 1 in Madrid and wend across the continent, including two gigs at London’s Hyde Park, before wrapping July 31 in Stockholm. Along the way, Jagger will try to pick songs that will please both fans and himself after six decades. “You always got to do some things for yourself,” he says. “That’s one of things I’m working on.”

Full interview > [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 19:42

Those few quotes said a lot: no Bill or Mick (didn't think they'd make appearances, but nice to hear it said early on) and a good reminder of how the song choices come about.. Same story but I'm one of those who need to be reminded!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 29, 2022 19:54

What do you think the odds are the band will tack on an additional show at the end of the tour, similar to the Hollywood show at the end of the last tour?

I'm thinking a smaller venue in London.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 19:55

snoopy2
Those few quotes said a lot: no Bill or Mick (didn't think they'd make appearances, but nice to hear it said early on) and a good reminder of how the song choices come about.. Same story but I'm one of those who need to be reminded!
That's fine, but many many Stones fans would rather see Wyman or Taylor than some contemporary singer or musician like Taylor Swift or Gary Clark Jr.as a guest artist. I know Mick is not into nostalgia, thats his perogative. But when your band has not released an album of new material in 17 years and one album in 25 years, plus the bulk of the songs you are playing on this tour are 50 years old, really its just an oldies nostalgia tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-29 20:23 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2022 21:37

Taylor1
snoopy2
That's fine, but many many Stones fans would rather see Wyman or Taylor than some contemporary singer or musician like Taylor Swift or Gary Clark Jr.as a guest artist. I know Mick is not into nostalgia, thats his perogative. But when your band has not released an album of new material in 17 years and one album in 25 years, plus the bulk of the songs you are playing on this tour are 50 years old, really its just an oldies nostalgia tour.

Well said.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2022 01:54

Just for old times sake they should
bring back ALO to manage the SIXTY Tour ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 30, 2022 08:52

Rockman

And have ELO as the opening act!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 30, 2022 15:37

Topi
Rockman

And have ELO as the opening act!

Please…nobody suggest ABKCO for anything! grinning smiley

Date: March 30, 2022 16:36

How they overlooked this for the tour poster is a mystery…

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: March 30, 2022 20:43

Love that poster, STG

Date: March 30, 2022 23:58

Thanks Marmalade. Hey - your email isn’t listed. There’s something I’d like to ask you about, if you’d care to get in touch. My email isn’t hidden.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 31, 2022 00:39

That poster is a work of art STG! Whiskas must be sailing a bit close to the wind with copyright issues there - “Your old Peformer” grinning smiley . Just brilliant.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 31, 2022 01:40

Love it!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 31, 2022 07:56

Love to frame this. Thanks STG.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 31, 2022 10:57

Does anybody know which font type is used for SIXTY - STONES EUROPE 2022?

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: March 31, 2022 12:03

BBC announcing something special to do with the 60th anniversary this morning

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 12:20 by Fishstain.

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: March 31, 2022 12:09

Fishstain
BBC announcing something special to do with the 60th anniversary this morning apparently.

A series of new documentaries on tv and radio and lots of concerts being shown (all previously available I think).

[www.standard.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 12:20 by Fishstain.

Royal Albert Hall GIG
Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: March 31, 2022 17:06

Hi

Does anyone know if the rumoured Royal Albert Hall gig will go ahead?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home