Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:01

Still don't believe that all those tickets in Madrid are sold.
And sold so fast.
Its a bit strange.
Looks more like they are holding many tickets back.
For what reason whatever.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:29

Hi all,

Have you ever heard of the situation when The Band meets fans in front of the hotel they stay currently? I mean we had such a chance in Warsaw in 2018. Thought maybe fans in other cities are planning to gather together as well. The only thing is - does anyone know which hotel they stay?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:33

That's a no-no question on this forum, I'm afraid.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 25, 2022 12:41

Topi
That's a no-no question on this forum, I'm afraid.
And rightfully so. As fans who want the band members to be doing well we should respect their privacy"

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 25, 2022 13:50

What's the point of meeting them in a situation where they are in a hurry anyway? Just to be able to say you've met? Just to get the photo for social media?

I don't get it.

We should all respect their privacy.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 25, 2022 14:10

Oriongalaxy

Have you ever heard of the situation when The Band meets fans in front of the hotel they stay currently?

No fan-meeting - but they showed up shortly e.g. in Paris 2014 - [www.YouTube.com] - or Hamburg 2017 in front of the hotel - [www.YouTube.com]. In Singapore 2014 they showed up for the fans shortly at the venue - [iorr.org] . Otherwise see here - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 14:45 by Irix.

Date: March 25, 2022 14:21

In Warsaw in 2018 they did kind of make a big scene of leaving the hotel for the show.

Some lucky fans got autographs or high fives. Whether you want to call "meeting the fans" is another matter. It was more of a staged event done before the last show on that tour. (You can google "Rolling Stones 2018 Warsaw hotel" for photos and videos.) One video shot from the crowd here: [www.youtube.com]

I think in Edinburgh that same year there was a quite large crowd of fans outside the Stones' hotel, can't remember if it was the day they arrived or on show day, but I'm pretty sure the Stones posted some videos of that on their social as well.

EDIT: yup, found it. Here's Edinburgh: [twitter.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 14:30 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2022 14:38

Topi
In Warsaw in 2018 they did kind of make a big scene of leaving the hotel for the show.

Some lucky fans got autographs or high fives. Whether you want to call "meeting the fans" is another matter. It was more of a staged event done before the last show on that tour. (You can google "Rolling Stones 2018 Warsaw hotel" for photos and videos.) One video shot from the crowd here: [www.youtube.com]

I think in Edinburgh that same year there was a quite large crowd of fans outside the Stones' hotel, can't remember if it was the day they arrived or on show day, but I'm pretty sure the Stones posted some videos of that on their social as well.

Edinburgh was show day.. smileys with beer

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: March 25, 2022 16:34

Topi

Exactly Topi smiling smiley That's what I meant. Nothing related to messing with their 'privacy'. Don't you guys, think when they are on the tour, they are kinda 'at work'? ;p I mean nobody is chasing them during their private time, though some of us spotted Mick in Italy in 2020 or Keith in London.

Date: March 25, 2022 17:39

Oriongalaxy

Exactly Topi smiling smiley That's what I meant. Nothing related to messing with their 'privacy'. Don't you guys, think when they are on the tour, they are kinda 'at work'? ;p I mean nobody is chasing them during their private time, though some of us spotted Mick in Italy in 2020 or Keith in London.

But still,out of respect, the hotels where they stay at while on tour are not posted here, even though they may be posted in the media, social media, or elsewhere. (And word gets around - usually the hotel is not that hard to figure out, for example in a city like Paris.)

I think BV has stated his point of view on this matter many times. See:

[iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 17:42 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 25, 2022 17:45

Topi
Oriongalaxy

But still,out of respect, the hotels where they stay at while on tour are not posted here, even though they may be posted in the media, social media, or elsewhere. (And word gets around - usually the hotel is not that hard to figure out, for example in a city like Paris.)

[iorr.org]

personally I never understood the point in waiting hanging round at the Stones' or anybody else's hotel

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 25, 2022 18:01

slewan
Topi
Oriongalaxy

[iorr.org]

personally I never understood the point in waiting hanging round at the Stones' or anybody else's hotel

Me neither. If you happen to see a celebrity, by chance, wave or smile. Autograph seeking is seedy and celebrities often sign, only for the professional autograph seekers to sell them as a business.

Although what they do for a job is super cool, they are just people, not gods. Don't stalk people, it's weird.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 18:05 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: March 25, 2022 18:15

Not all autograph collectors are professional or do it for profit, mind you.

I'm quilty as charged of "stalking", as it may be, but I have only done it in the sole purpose of obtaining the Stones' autographs to my personal collection. I have no intention of selling them.

I must say, often times it's a lot of effort for very little or no reward at all, but in 2014 I hit the jackpot with Ronnie and Charlie in Vienna and Mick himself in Stockholm.

I don't think it's seedy at all. I take pride in my modest collection. I even rounded it out with Keith ink when I bought the signed Palladium boxset in 2020. The four of them look good on my shelf next to a few other rock'n'roll autographs and memorabilia.

As an a side I collect hockey players' autographs too. It's just a hobby, I don't take it that seriously. (Maybe as a 14-year old kid I did, writing fan mail to dozens of NHL players and freaking out whenever there was an answer in the mailbox...)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 18:55 by Topi.

Date: March 25, 2022 18:24

Topi
Not all autograph collectors are professional or do it for profit, mind you.

I'm quilty as charged to "stalking", as it may be, but I have only done it in the sole purpose of obtaining the Stones' autographs to my personal collection. I have no intention of selling them.

I must say, often times it's a lot of effort for very little or no reward at all, but in 2014 I hit the jackpot with Ronnie and Charlie in Vienna and Mick himself in Stockholm.

I don't think it's seedy at all. I take pride in my modest collection. I even rounded it out with Keith ink when I bought the signed Palladium boxset in 2020. The four of them look good on my shelf next tp a few other rock'n'roll autographs and memorabilia.

As an a side I collect hockey players' autographs too. It's just a hobby, I don't take it that seriously. (Maybe as a 14-year old kid I did, writing fan mail to dozens of NHL players...)

Fair enough. Just trying to look at it from the celebrities' POV. No disrespect intended. I'm sure you're a fine person. If someone chooses to sign, that's cool, but harassing people to the degree in the link, it is sickening. Why isn't seeing them or saying hi enough?

I saw Jack White at the Bob Dylan show two nights ago. I waved and he waved back. If I were to hound him, others may gather and create a scene. He was there to enjoy the show just like me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 18:27 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: March 25, 2022 18:48

Why isn't saying hi enough? Good question.

Why do Keith and Ronnie toss guitar picks into the crowd? Why did Charlie throw his drumsticks into the crowd at the end of each show?

Mick's been known to toss t-shirts. Why does he do that?

I guess it's called memorabilia. Plural of memorabilis, something memorable. An object treasured for its memories.

As far as when to ask for autographs, I guess there's a time and a place for that.

By the way: when Charlie did his A,B,C & D of Boogie Woogie shows he made a point of coming out to the edge of the stage after the show, gesturing a "writing" sign to fans and then spending several minutes signing stuff. At least here in Helsinki. I thought that was pretty cool and down-to-earth. It was, for obvious reasons, way different from any Stones tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 18:52 by Topi.

Date: March 25, 2022 19:03

If they volunteer, that's another story entirely. I meant to focus on autograph hounds.

Date: March 25, 2022 19:06

Yeah, point taken, all good.

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: March 25, 2022 19:19

Hi all
Anyone heard anything more on the rumoured Royal Albert Hall gig? I’m off the see The Who there tonight and it’s got me thinking….

Date: March 25, 2022 19:33

Topi
Yeah, point taken, all good.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 26, 2022 02:49

I've not got a single autograph from anyone, apart from the Birthday and Christmas Cards from Mum and Dad when I was a youngster.

Seen Mick, Bill Wyman, Ronnie and Mick Taylor a few times to give them a wave, and got a wave back from a distance, as I hadn't a clue they would be anywhere where I was at the time.
These guys need their privacy, without fans jumping out in front of them with handfuls of stuff to sign.
One exception was Chuck Leavell and his wife in Oslo 2014,when i just recognised him as strolling around in town centre and just said hello.
He was more interested in my interest in The Rolling Stones and the gigs I was going to see and had seen in the past.

A genuinely nice guy. thumbs up

Give them a break. confused smiley

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:24

glimmertwinz
Hi all
Anyone heard anything more on the rumoured Royal Albert Hall gig? I’m off the see The Who there tonight and it’s got me thinking….

I thought it was a great example of how to do something unusual and intimate (Hint Hint)
[onlyrockandroll.london]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:29

Have a great gig everyone. My last was 2003, Stockholm Sweden. Globen. But "my" Stones are 1981. My teens. And Between the buttons. And I wanted to play guitar when I saw Keith and Jerry Lee on Swedish television. 1983. So I did! Good luck!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:36

This tour looks like it won’t be as big a deal in terms of guests, like Springsteen and Beck on the 50 and Counting Tour

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 06:09

My advice to anyone near any of the venues for these gigs who are thinking of buying a ticket is don't.

Those with balls should wait till the day of the gig.

Go to the venue a few hours before The Stones take the stage.

Help yourself to great tickets for below face value.

Trust Uncle Strat72, it works every time.

Date: March 27, 2022 13:09

strat72
My advice to anyone near any of the venues for these gigs who are thinking of buying a ticket is don't.

I think that did work before Licky Dips came on. Now most of the good seats which have not been sold just go to the dippers.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 27, 2022 13:27

StonedRambler
strat72

I think that did work before Licky Dips came on. Now most of the good seats which have not been sold just go to the dippers.

amongst 50.000 there's always someone whose friend didn't come etc. and who's eager to sell a spare ticket

Date: March 27, 2022 15:19

slewan
StonedRambler
strat72

amongst 50.000 there's always someone whose friend didn't come etc. and who's eager to sell a spare ticket
Sure that works still. I think he was speaking of buying at the box office before show time which used to work quite well but since the Lucky Dips chances are lower you'll get a good seat last minute.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 27, 2022 15:34

strat72

I can attest to that. I also feel there's an advantage in being noncommittal. On the contrary whenever I got tickets far in advance, I seemed to be in for a show of the calibre Hamburg'17 or Hyde Park 1

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 20:09

Nikkei
strat72

I can attest to that. I also feel there's an advantage in being noncommittal. On the contrary whenever I got tickets far in advance, I seemed to be in for a show of the calibre Hamburg'17 or Hyde Park 1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-29 07:09 by snoopy2.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 28, 2022 02:42

Any chance for pop-up stores again?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home