Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 38
Re: The Rolling Stones SIXTY Tour Europe 2022
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 16, 2022 19:01

BFR
Topi

Yes. we bitch, we buy, we boast.

Should we get IORR t-shirts printed with this slogan? grinning smiley

I still have my old IORR shirt when Bjornulf made tthem!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 16, 2022 19:09

Bassbourne

Will be my first time seeing the Stones live, so I can't wait.

Welcome to the show! You will enjoy it!

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 16, 2022 19:10

MAF
Bassbourne

Will be my first time seeing the Stones live, so I can't wait.

Welcome to the show! You will enjoy it!

Sorry, but I must quote that band from Liverpool: A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 16, 2022 19:44

Topi
Presales worked like a charm again.

Got exactly what I was looking for on the day: pits for Paris, Stockholm and Hyde Park 1.

Only Munich Lucky Dips left to buy and then I'm done.

Yup, presales worked for me too, really well. Best experience ever, compared to some of the stressful and chaotic experiences of previous tours. Very slick and professional these days, "almost" a pleasure one might say !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 16, 2022 19:53

Stoneswolf
Should we keep on speculating on small show between Hydepark 1 and Hydepark 2? 2

No but RAH has open dates between HP2 and Brussels.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 16, 2022 20:10

daspyknows
Stoneswolf
Should we keep on speculating on small show between Hydepark 1 and Hydepark 2? 2

No but RAH has open dates between HP2 and Brussels.

The rumour earlier in this thread was that The Stones will be busy on 29.6. Break between HP 2 and Brussels is for leisure.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 20:14

Can someone give me a quick rundown of any venues that have seating on the field? If any?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 20:31

Will Wyman and Taylor be invited

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 16, 2022 20:31

Jeter1984

Can someone give me a quick rundown of any venues that have seating on the field?

Germany (Munich, Gelsenkirchen) has seating on the field - see the Seating Chart Booking on [www.Eventim.de] .

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:13

Taylor1
They would probably both be playing if they hadn't quit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-16 21:14 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:24

Taylor1

One can hope as it would certainly add a new dimension and raise the level of this upcoming mini-tour.
Now that Charlie is sadly gone, a link to the past when they were at their best with Bill and MT would be a welcome celebration.

Date: March 16, 2022 21:25

StonedRambler
Taylor1

But without Charlie it doesn't make much sense now if BW & MT will play. Opportunity missed at Hyde Park 2013.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:26

thumbs up

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:42

Anybody else think that it was very easy to get tickets in the presale today, compared to 2017 and 2018?
I remember having to refresh a thousand times and buy one by one Prato A for Lucca in 2017. Today, there were Golden Circle nix readily available for a few hours for Milano. The same for Paris and Lyon...
Either they put much more tickets in the pre-sale or the age factor starts to show with the people left subscribed to a fan newsletter winking smiley

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:44

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for all the amazing info and answering my questions these past few days, this is ultimately what helped my friend and I getting all the tickets we wanted for 5 shows!! Ever since 2018 when I last saw them I said I'll be blessed if I could see the guys play just one more time...then Corona hit and I almost gave up on it...when Charlie passed last year, I cried for 3 days straight, not only because dear wonderful Charlie is gone, but cause I thought it would be the end of the Stones...when they actually played the US tour last autumn, I was soo glad and amazed to just be able to follow it online by watching the YT vids you guys posted...but only towards the end of the tour, when Ronnie and Keith said they are looking forward to playing more shows, I dared to hope there would be an anniversary tour this year...and now there is...it's basically a dream come true and I couldn't be more excited for this summer! smiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:55

Irix
StonedRambler
Taylor1

But without Charlie it doesn't make much sense now if BW & MT will play. Opportunity missed at Hyde Park 2013.

I don't think Charlie's passing tips the scale in terms of it making sense for a Bill and/or Taylor appearance.

Still the same band.. minus a beloved member- yes, but the notion that you throw out the History is absurd imo.

Might as well not do a Stones SIXTY tour at all if that's the metric.
Get that there are some who agree that should be the case, but there will be hundreds of thousands of us that don't.

Seeing them without Charlie last year, was tough.. especially initially. But life, and the Stones, go on.
None of the band members, Charlie especially I believe, would want anything different smileys with beer

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 16, 2022 21:59

Anfield seats with mates tick
Hyde park july solo GA ticket tick
Just LD to try for Belgium on Friday for me and my partner :-)

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: March 16, 2022 22:03

As for Helsinki, maybe Mick was unhappy since those times they got dogs to search them with. That was a joke. I was upset that Helsinki was excluded too. It's just 4 hours ride from where I am.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 16, 2022 22:40

Hairball
Taylor1

One can hope as it would certainly add a new dimension and raise the level of this upcoming mini-tour.
Now that Charlie is sadly gone, a link to the past when they were at their best with Bill and MT would be a welcome celebration.

Mini-tour? What's mini about it?

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: March 16, 2022 23:00

I think that probably will be a new date beetween Hyde park 2 and Bruxelles. RAH? It’s a possibility because it free that week. There are also helsinki and prague (?) signed on the last trailer and not annunced. Do you expect that will be announce later or no? Stokholm is the last date of the tour?

Date: March 16, 2022 23:10

MisterDDDD

I don't think Charlie's passing tips the scale in terms of it making sense for a Bill and/or Taylor appearance.

It would have been nice if they played a few Tracks in the original line-up and from the period with BW & MT (w/o Ronnie). Pure nostalgia, but now no longer possible w/o Charlie.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2022 23:33

Irix
MisterDDDD

It would have been nice if they played a few Tracks in the original line-up and from the period with BW & MT (w/o Ronnie). Pure nostalgia, but now no longer possible w/o Charlie.

Sure..
And it was nice in 2012/13 when we got appearances by the former members.
Having Ronnie sit out who has been a *member longer than the two of them combined would be odd at this point.

Short of finding out there was an epic hoax, and Brian will be playing, there is no original lineup possibilities as we all know.
That being the case, any and all living members would be a welcome sight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-16 23:35 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 16, 2022 23:38

Some people say it can't be The Who without Keith Moon and John Entwistle, and while I would disagree, there does seem to be a parallel between the two bands.
Like Pete and Roger, Keith and Mick are only two original members left and are really the main draw anyways these days, so if they want to continue as "the Rolling Stones" can't really argue about it.
I prefer to respectfully refer to whats left of them as simply the *Stones these days, but the fact is they're still rolling (live performances anyways), and hopefully will continue to do so for a long time to come.

Date: March 16, 2022 23:45

roma1927

There are also helsinki and prague (?) signed on the last trailer and not annunced. Do you expect that will be announce later or no? Stokholm is the last date of the tour?

Or maybe a 2nd leg in 2023 with Oslo, Helsinki, Prague, Berlin, Warsaw, etc. 60th Anniversary continues in 2023: 60 years of the 1st firm line-up, 60 years of the 1st UK-Single, then Mick & Keith turning 80 years ....

Date: March 16, 2022 23:47

Topi
Hairball
Taylor1

Uhhh...only 14 shows...maybe 15? Just like the last leg of the US No Filter tour...a mini-tour. And the mini-tour before that. And the mini-tour even before that. And on and on...
In comparison to the old days when they'd tour for months on end with dozens upon dozens of shows on the itinerary, nowadays they do quick, short, and sweet mini-tours.
Nothing wrong with it, and not meant to be a critique - especially at their age - but it is what is. Another mini-tour. And hopefully they'll do another mini-tour after this upcoming mini-tour.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 17, 2022 02:48

Hairball
Topi
Hairball
Taylor1

Uhhh...only 14 shows...maybe 15? Just like the last leg of the US No Filter tour...a mini-tour. And the mini-tour before that. And the mini-tour even before that. And on and on...
In comparison to the old days when they'd tour for months on end with dozens upon dozens of shows on the itinerary, nowadays they do quick, short, and sweet mini-tours.
Nothing wrong with it, and not meant to be a critique - especially at their age - but it is what is. Another mini-tour. And hopefully they'll do another mini-tour after this upcoming mini-tour.

Ron Mael of Sparks is the same age as Keith & Sparks is out on the road doing 5 nights a week. Obviously the logistics are way different but they are doing full 2 hour shows to packed houses. At least the show I saw. & the younger Mael, Russell is 72 & has an almost operatic range with vocals. Sounds great, it was an excellent show.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2022 04:16

Hairball
Topi
Hairball
Taylor1

I think a trio quickly approaching their 80s are wisely keeping the tours shorter than before. Better to do it regroup, rest, plan the next one. Probably easier to get insurance for as well.

Date: March 17, 2022 04:17

No doubt.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 17, 2022 07:54

Congrats to all who have gotten tickets and good luck to all who will be getting tickets. It’s been a long time since I’ve missed a tour, and the 60th anniversary tour is a helluva tour to miss, but sadly, I can’t leave home for more than one or two nights, so Europe is out of my reach this summer. But I will be following the tour here on iorr and I know it will be a fantastic tour. Enjoy!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 17, 2022 08:27

Hi, Can someone share a photo of the Stones Sixty Liverpool poster. cheers

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home