Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: How to get Rolling Stones concert tickets- European Tour 2022
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2022 19:02

If "Diamond" is the equivalent of Pit, then the pricing really is pretty much in line with the latest US tour pit prices. 400 GBP works out to about 520 USD.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 19:10

SonicDreamer
Wow, some info that probably should not be available today about the Stones shows at Hyde Park in London. BUT is:

I looked on the American Express BST Hyde Park site [ [www.bst-hydepark.com] ] and was redirected here after trying to find out how much The Eagles Platinum VIP tickets were for comparative purposes. [www.festicket.com]

A payment plan for VIP tickets is a really cool idea!

Cheers,
SonicD

Good detective work SD and many thanks for the heads up. Prices aren’t bad by Stones Standards. I’m minded to go for GA Primary Entry unless there are lucky dips available. Hope the bus driver on the way home doesn’t play Phil Collins this time grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 19:18 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 13, 2022 19:18

Can anyone tell me what the difference between ‘General Admission’ and ‘Primary Entry’ is? If I’m correct, could it be that the latter allows you to enter the venue at an earlier time?

Date: March 13, 2022 19:23

SomeTorontoGirl
ronniewoody91
SomeTorontoGirl
Re: Hyde Park, what’s this ‘Gold Circle East’ and ‘Gold Circle West’ nonsense…which one is Keith’s side? grinning smiley

Was wondering about this as well but considering that on a map of London/Europe/the World east is always on the right and west on the left...east should be Keith's side

…unless the stage is set up facing the other way. They drive on the wrong side there so put nothing past them. winking smiley

Hi STG. The BST festival has been running for 10+ years now and the stage faces North so It’s almost certainly West for Keith and East for Ronnie.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 13, 2022 19:25

Big Al
Can anyone tell me what the difference between ‘General Admission’ and ‘Primary Entry’ is? If I’m correct, could it be that the latter allows you to enter the venue at an earlier time?

right. maybe half an hour earlier

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 13, 2022 19:26

grzegorz67
SonicDreamer
Wow, some info that probably should not be available today about the Stones shows at Hyde Park in London. BUT is:

I looked on the American Express BST Hyde Park site [ [www.bst-hydepark.com] ] and was redirected here after trying to find out how much The Eagles Platinum VIP tickets were for comparative purposes. [www.festicket.com]

A payment plan for VIP tickets is a really cool idea!

Cheers,
SonicD

OMG, THAT bus journey.....

Good detective work SD and many thanks for the heads up. Prices aren’t bad by Stones Standards. I’m minded to go for GA Primary Entry unless there are lucky dips available. Hope the bus driver on the way home doesn’t play Phil Collins this time grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 13, 2022 19:58

grzegorz67
SomeTorontoGirl
ronniewoody91
SomeTorontoGirl
Re: Hyde Park, what’s this ‘Gold Circle East’ and ‘Gold Circle West’ nonsense…which one is Keith’s side? grinning smiley

Was wondering about this as well but considering that on a map of London/Europe/the World east is always on the right and west on the left...east should be Keith's side

…unless the stage is set up facing the other way. They drive on the wrong side there so put nothing past them. winking smiley

Hi STG. The BST festival has been running for 10+ years now and the stage faces North so It’s almost certainly West for Keith and East for Ronnie.

Thanks Gregor, nice to know! See you on the road…

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:03

slewan
Big Al

Thanks, slewan! My brother is in charge of purchasing our tickets, so will let him know not to bother!

Date: March 13, 2022 21:11

Big Al
slewan
Big Al

Thanks, slewan! My brother is in charge of purchasing our tickets, so will let him know not to bother!

well, 30 minutes can be a difference that makes a difference. If the price difference is just 10-15% I'd buy the early entry tickets because it your chance to make it to the rail get better. But I think it only makes sense for the rail between the GA and the diamond section.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:18

What is the difference between:

The Rolling Stones | General Admission Ticket | Payment Plan (Launch)

and:

The Rolling Stones | General Admission Ticket | Payment Plan (Tier 2)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:49

slewan
Big Al
slewan
Big Al

well, 30 minutes can be a difference that makes a difference. If the price difference is just 10-15% I'd buy the early entry tickets because it your chance to make it to the rail get better. But I think it only makes sense for the rail between the GA and the diamond section.

Rail between GA and gold level.

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:54

daspyknows
slewan
Big Al
slewan
Big Al

Yeah but what if you gotta use the toilet lol then your 30 minutes headstart will be all gone and for nothing xD that's why I'm thinking of normal GA or Golden Circle...

Date: March 13, 2022 22:58

Saw this map giving an idea of the general layout at Hyde Park:

[www.markbutler.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 22:59 by Topi.

Date: March 13, 2022 23:08

ronniewoody91
daspyknows
slewan
Big Al
slewan
Big Al

Yeah but what if you gotta use the toilet lol then your 30 minutes headstart will be all gone and for nothing xD that's why I'm thinking of normal GA or Golden Circle...

you'll do exactly the same things as when you have to go to the toilet while waiting for the show to begin…

Date: March 13, 2022 23:19

How far away would “gold circle” actually be if you were standing at the back? It seems a long way from the stage.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 13, 2022 23:21

Topi
Saw this map giving an idea of the general layout at Hyde Park:

[www.markbutler.co.uk]

Don't rely on this being the same.

BST Hyde Park has different configurations according to what's been agreed with the headline artist, and the layout can change daily.

When The Cure headlined a few years back, they specified GA only and there were no VIP sections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 23:21 by nobodyimportant.

Date: March 13, 2022 23:23

I know that. They can change the setups overnight. That's why I said "general". Obviously that map is not to scale either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 23:25 by Topi.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 13, 2022 23:46

no stone unturned
How far away would “gold circle” actually be if you were standing at the back? It seems a long way from the stage.

I have been to Hyde Park several times when there was a Gold Circle and Platinum View VIP section as per that map. As someone else said, the Gold Circle is quite far back and further back than it even looks on the map.

If you are fussy about the distance you are from the stage AND can afford it, I would recommend going straight for the Platinum View VIP section.

The Platinum View VIP section is actually not that small either and is similar to both sides of the Pit combined (arguably larger) but I would not say it has the intimate feeling of being in the Pit.

Cheers,
Sonic D

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 13, 2022 23:50

What about the RS app? It's s not updated. Last Euro tour was important to get tickets and all of that. A new one coming?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 13, 2022 23:54

SonicDreamer

I have been to Hyde Park several times when there was a Gold Circle and Platinum View VIP section as per that map. As someone else said, the Gold Circle is quite far back and further back than it even looks on the map.

If you are fussy about the distance you are from the stage AND can afford it, I would recommend going straight for the Platinum View VIP section.

The Platinum View VIP section is actually not that small either and is similar to both sides of the Pit combined (arguably larger) but I would not say it has the intimate feeling of being in the Pit.

Cheers,
Sonic D

That's a drag... experienced (and loved) the GC for the first time in '18 in UK.
With the "T-stage" they had there, I almost preferred it to pit-

Saw in the '13 Hyde footage they had a catwalk and small b- stage there.
Not sure if that was something the Stones added to the set stage, but hopeful they have it again.. Seems likely, but?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 13, 2022 23:58

Thanks so much Bjornulf for the info you have provided over the years, since I first came across IORR back in the 90's, and actually met you in January 2003 in New York when I had a couple of spare tix for MSG, where we met fans who were after face value tickets.
My first trip to see The Rolling Stones outside of London, and had such a great time meeting up with many fans from all over the world.
Myself and a few friends saw The Rolling Stones at the MSG first gig out of two, and will always remember seeing them getting in the limousines, as the snow was coming down after the gig.
Met up with a few other UK fans soon after in Mustang Sally's Bar 5 minute walk from MSG.
Great times, and a couple of days later met up in the same bar and got all the great info on how they performed that night.
Eventually back to our nearby New York hotel early hours of the morning, and back to London flight early evening.

Looking forward to the announcement on Monday and hoping to get to a UK gig and hopefully Europe as well. smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2022 00:18

MisterDDDD
SonicDreamer

Cheers,
Sonic D

That's a drag... experienced (and loved) the GC for the first time in '18 in UK.
With the "T-stage" they had there, I almost preferred it to pit-

Saw in the '13 Hyde footage they had a catwalk and small b- stage there.
Not sure if that was something the Stones added to the set stage, but hopeful they have it again.. Seems likely, but?

In 2013 it was the best of both worlds, Tier 1 on Keith's side of the ramp and GA on Ronnie's side, so you could either pay to get a great view or get there real early and make a mad dash to the stage. For HP1 I went for Tier 1 and for HP2 I went for GA, guess which one I remember most fondly ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 14, 2022 00:44

SomeTorontoGirl
grzegorz67
SomeTorontoGirl
ronniewoody91
SomeTorontoGirl

Thanks Gregor, nice to know! See you on the road…

Very likely smiling smiley I'll probably be doing UK shows only this time around + anything the IORR Band might get up to winking smiley

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: March 14, 2022 01:43

Here we go again!

Bjornulf, I'm guessing that when you started the IORR magazine, you probably didn't expect to be advising people on how to get tix for the 60th anniversary tour. And the road goes on!

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: March 14, 2022 02:17

bv
Tomorrow Monday March 14 The Rolling Stones are expected to announce their 60th anniversary tour 2022 in Europe, taking them to large stadium and/or field shows in Madrid, Munich, Liverpool, Amsterdam, Bern, Milan, London, Brussels, Helsinki, Lyon, Vienna, Paris, Stockholm, and probably 1-2 more cities as well.

Many ask how to get tickets. The Rolling Stones are the world's greatest rock'n'roll band, and their tickets are hot. Still, if you keep calm and read what is told here on IORR, your should be able to get great tickets at face value. There are many tickets to be sold, the shows are large, and you should not have to worry about getting tickets, if you pay attention to the sales process, and how it is working.

Be prepared! Get ready! The announcement is Monday. Then there will be pre-sales, as usual, and you will need a pre-sales code, if you want to buy tickets before the public sales are on. Log into the ticket sales systems before the time they actually go on sale. Make an account there if you do not have an account already. Get hold of the pre-sales code, by adding your e-mail address and mobile number to the Stones list they will use when sending out tour information. There may be sponsor companies in each country, supplying pre-sales codes, like large banks, supermarkets, credit card companies and so on, with separate pre-sales. Information related to ticket sales will be available on the day of the show announcement, i.e. Monday.

There is an IORR forum thread with lots of information about rumored shows, how to get tickets and so on:

Tour 2022 rumors - The Rolling Stones

The above thread will be closed Monday, as soon as the shows are announced officially. Then there will be a new sticky thread related to the new tour, with important information related to the tour and the shows. Also, there will be separate threads related to each and every city the Stones will be performing in. These "city threads" will hold information about the city, the ticket sales of the show(s) in that city, travel information, advises about hotels and so on.

Also, make sure you read the IORR News, and the "Tour 2022" list of shows, they are both linked up on the IORR Home Page. Currently the list is just "rumored" shows, but that list will be replaced by the confirmed shows as soon as such information is available.

Finally, pay attention to their official site RollingStones.com, also their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, as teasers and updates are posted there. All officially confirmed shows will be listed on their official site, including pre-sales information, and links to where tickets are sold.

Make sure you are ready on Monday, also during the following days next week, when tickets are expected to go on sale.

The Rolling Stones were great on their tour in USA last year, and their 60th anniversary tour will be another success, with many smiling faces and happy fans. Enjoy - and good luck!

Thanks Bjornulf.
IORR is by far the most professionally run fan site.
You're an invaluable Stones resource.

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: March 14, 2022 03:05

spunky
What is the difference between:

The Rolling Stones | General Admission Ticket | Payment Plan (Launch)

and:

The Rolling Stones | General Admission Ticket | Payment Plan (Tier 2)

I’m wondering the same thing.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 04:03

Sorry with the Concert layout (as per above). Why wouldn’t Lucky Dips be possible for the Hyde Park shows?

I’m really only interested in the London shows but not Liverpool, so the Dips would be the preferred choice to get tickets

Date: March 14, 2022 05:14

carlitosbaez
What about the RS app? It's s not updated. Last Euro tour was important to get tickets and all of that. A new one coming?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Forget the app. They used it in, what, 2014?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 08:27

MysteryTour84
Sorry with the Concert layout (as per above). Why wouldn’t Lucky Dips be possible for the Hyde Park shows?

I’m really only interested in the London shows but not Liverpool, so the Dips would be the preferred choice to get tickets

Lucky Dips are possible but in my opionion Not likely because this is a festival and there never ever have been Lucky Dips for festivals. Don't confuse festivals with Stones concerts at festival sites where Lucky Dips have been available!

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 14, 2022 09:33

Tour dates announced on nme.com

[www.nme.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home