Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2022
Posted by: MadMat ()
Date: July 28, 2022 15:34

Got Block 39 too. This block was full of LD. Sound was surprisingly much better as expected. upper blocks on west should have been worse

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 16:09

I think the LDs are fantastic. Yesterday we got probably the worst seats one could imagine - not because of the sight, but in the upper tier right under the roof there is usually a bad echo and I feared for a bad sound.
So we never took our seats and ended up in the lower tier sideways to the catwalk, taking some empty seats during Tumbling Dice.

No bad feelings about this, as we took nobody's space due to the people who had bought those tickets never showed up, so no hassle for anybody.

And even if changing seats is not possible, every LD is absolutely worth the money. You get to see the Stones for 55-65 Euros.
Well worth the gamble.

In Bruxelles we got Pit B, which was great, but you can't always get what you want.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:33

This has already been asked before. I have a pair of LD for Stockholm & I can't go. Am I stuck with them or is there anyway possible way to transfer them to some one? BTW, I live in the states & can't meet anyone in Stockholm.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:51

I got Pit A yesterday with my dips. Very happy with it and it was very cool that I could grab the enveloppe myself. So it felt like you have some influence on the tix you get. More cities should have do that! Thanks employees at the LD Gelsenkirchen stand!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 28, 2022 17:52

I got our LDs for Gelsenkirchen from some nice guy from this forum, he provided us with a Letter of intent, order confirmation, bill and a copy of his CC and his ID. Worked out fine.

I did the same for friends who went to Amsterdam when I could not go and it also worked well.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:00

So there you go, that's your LD "transfer" right there.

BTW,interesting to see if the actual transfer/forward option that seems to come with Stockholm LDs really works.

Posted by: PatrickS77 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:03

Papo
I think the LDs are fantastic.

Yes. The idea is great. They should just stick to a No exchanges policy. And not reward the complainers with better tickets. They only pay 55 - 65 € for a ticket after all.

RG
I got Pit A yesterday with my dips. Very happy with it and it was very cool that I could grab the enveloppe myself. So it felt like you have some influence on the tix you get. More cities should have do that! Thanks employees at the LD Gelsenkirchen stand!

Oh yes. That is even better. Luck of the draw. And not rewarding obnoxious people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 18:05 by PatrickS77.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:16

PatrickS77
Papo

Yes. The idea is great. They should just stick to a No exchanges policy. And not reward the complainers with better tickets. They only pay 55 - 65 € for a ticket after all.

Meh.. Why it would bother anyone else is beyond me.
Getting an upgrade is also part of the process.. regardless of what one paid.

Hate the game if you want to.. and/or don't play, but don't hate the players.

Would be like getting on a plane and complaining to the airline that the guy next to you paid less and the flight attendant upgraded their seat.

The complaint would have no merit.. as that happens often as part of the process.

Comes down to jealousy really.. and that's understandable.
But everyone could do it, to some it's not worth the uncertainty/hassle.

Date: July 28, 2022 18:44

MisterDDDD
PatrickS77
Papo

Meh.. Why it would bother anyone else is beyond me.
Getting an upgrade is also part of the process.. regardless of what one paid.

Hate the game if you want to.. and/or don't play, but don't hate the players.

Would be like getting on a plane and complaining to the airline that the guy next to you paid less and the flight attendant upgraded their seat.

The complaint would have no merit.. as that happens often as part of the process.

Comes down to jealousy really.. and that's understandable.
But everyone could do it, to some it's not worth the uncertainty/hassle.

Oooh, I hit a nerve, huh? Why does it bother you that I gave my opinion on it?? If someone randomly gets an upgrade, fine. Luck of the draw. If someone gets an upgrade, because they are obnoxious complainers (complainers who were to cheap to pay for what they want, mind you), not so fine. And it leaves the people, who accepted what they got, possibly with regret. Has nothing to do with jealousy. Just with a system that is a good idea, but ruined by every promoter handling it differently/some complainers getting rewarded with better seats. Same as the damn seat configurations that change at every concert. A concertexperience ruined by giving individual promoters free reign.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 18:46

PatrickS77
slewan
strange things happened at the LD counter. First, the opened it out of the blue around 2:20 p.m. (official opening time was 5 p.m.)
Second: At the beginning nearly everybody got block 41
Third: At some point in the afternoon new envelopes were added – and suddenly people got better tickets (pits, golden circle) (later I found out that some tickets were printed in the morning, others (the new ones) after 4 p.m.)
Fourth: some people mangaged to give their tickets back and were allowed to try again

Which shows that this LD system is inherently unfair/a gamble/random/whatever you do is wrong. Why can't it be everywhere the same? Why do annoying people, get better tickets than the ones who just accept what they got? Then again, you get what you pay for, an experience that can be awesome or madly frustrating. At first I was annoyed that I didn't get a LD ticket. Now I'm kinda glad.

well, I think that they let some people change their tickets because the chances were not fair for those who had shown up very early since the added better tickets later on

Date: July 28, 2022 18:57

PatrickS77

Oooh, I hit a nerve, huh? Why does it bother you that I gave my opinion on it?? If someone randomly gets an upgrade, fine. Luck of the draw. If someone gets an upgrade, because they are obnoxious complainers (complainers who were to cheap to pay for what they want, mind you), not so fine. And it leaves the people, who accepted what they got, possibly with regret. Has nothing to do with jealousy. Just with a system that is a good idea, but ruined by every promoter handling it differently/some complainers getting rewarded with better seats. Same as the damn seat configurations that change at every concert. A concertexperience ruined by giving individual promoters free reign.

Lol.
Not at all son.

You tipped your hand when you said you were annoyed after you failed to get Lucky Dips.

We've all been there.. sorry it didn't work out for you.
Glad so many were able to get upgraded etc though.

Good on 'em.. last tip for you though.. sometimes it also takes balls for upgrades etc.
Hope it works out better for you next time smileys with beer

Date: July 28, 2022 19:32

MisterDDDD
PatrickS77

Lol.
Not at all son.

You tipped your hand when you said you were annoyed after you failed to get Lucky Dips.

We've all been there.. sorry it didn't work out for you.
Glad so many were able to get upgraded etc though.

Good on 'em.. last tip for you though.. sometimes it also takes balls for upgrades etc.
Hope it works out better for you next time smileys with beer

You're reading way to much in it. I was annoyed that I missed the LD sales, as previously, after I attended a concert on the last tour, I thought I would try LD next time (I actually could have bought LD on the last tour, but I already had a ticket, so I didn't), even if it means, I have to buy 2 tix, even though I only need one and may end up in the rafters (so that is what my annoyance is about, that I could have bought one, when I didn't want one and couldn't buy one, when I wanted).

But reading all the different experiences, I'm not annoyed anymore and kinda glad I didn't. As I realize, it's a great idea, but in the end, deeply flawed. There is no jealousy whatsoever. I bought 2 tickets and got exactly to the spot were I wanted to be in that section (couldn't know what from one spot it was hard to see anything, but that's beside the point). I just thought that LD was a gamble and you either get something good or not and not get something better, if you're obnoxious enough and complain/happen to have LD with a promoter who rewards such behaviour.

And stop your son talk. Makes you sound like a condecending ass.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 19:44 by PatrickS77.

Date: July 28, 2022 19:42

PatrickS77

You're reading way to much in it. I was annoyed that I missed the LD sales, as previously, after the last tour, I thought I would try LD next time, even if it means, I have to buy 2 tix, even though I only need one and may end up in the rafters. But reading all the different experiences, I'm not annoyed anymore. As I realize, it's a great idea, but in the end, deeply flawed. No jealousy whatsoever. I bought 2 tickets and got exactly to the spot were I wanted to be (couldn't know what from one spot it was hard to see anything, but that's beside the point). I just though that LD was a gamble, either get something good or not and not get something better if you're obnoxious enough and complain/happen to have LD with a promoter who rewards such behaviour. And stop your son talk. Makes you sound like a condecending ass.

Sounds like it.. because I am winking smiley Son.
Calling the fans who got upgrades the various names you have in this thread makes you sound like a jealous a s s hole.

Each his/her own.. sorry you were so triggered by them, I cheer them on.

Date: July 28, 2022 19:48

MisterDDDD
PatrickS77

You're reading way to much in it. I was annoyed that I missed the LD sales, as previously, after the last tour, I thought I would try LD next time, even if it means, I have to buy 2 tix, even though I only need one and may end up in the rafters. But reading all the different experiences, I'm not annoyed anymore. As I realize, it's a great idea, but in the end, deeply flawed. No jealousy whatsoever. I bought 2 tickets and got exactly to the spot were I wanted to be (couldn't know what from one spot it was hard to see anything, but that's beside the point). I just though that LD was a gamble, either get something good or not and not get something better if you're obnoxious enough and complain/happen to have LD with a promoter who rewards such behaviour. And stop your son talk. Makes you sound like a condecending ass.

Sounds like it.. because I am winking smiley Son.
Calling the fans who got upgrades the various names you have in this thread makes you sound like a jealous a s s hole.

Each his/her own.. sorry you were so triggered by them, I cheer them on.

Oh, well then. Goal accomplished. I can tell you're an @#$%&. And what various names is it, I called them?

And again, except you, no one is triggered. I just pointed out the flaws with LD. And once again for the people in the back, no jealousy, just stating what I think is wrong with LD.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 28, 2022 22:08

hockenheim95
Christiaan
padre69
hockenheim95
My feeling was both Brussels and Paris the had 20% Pit tickets. There have been many in Brussels as well. In Milan they gave out way more pits, at least in the First 20 minutes where it was over 50%

Does it matter what time you pick up your LD seats considering what seats you get (faster the pick, better the seat) or are the seats decided beforehand?

You should ask Topi or Slewan the most experienced ones on IORR on Lucky Dip

Ohh then I think I shouldn't answer this question...

No if you know, you can answer too of course! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out my only feeling is those two guys are just very experienced in this subject.smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-28 22:10 by Christiaan.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 28, 2022 22:13

Christiaan
hockenheim95
Christiaan
padre69
hockenheim95
smiling bouncing smiley
My feeling was both Brussels and Paris the had 20% Pit tickets. There have been many in Brussels as well. In Milan they gave out way more pits, at least in the First 20 minutes where it was over 50%

Does it matter what time you pick up your LD seats considering what seats you get (faster the pick, better the seat) or are the seats decided beforehand?

You should ask Topi or Slewan the most experienced ones on IORR on Lucky Dip

Ohh then I think I shouldn't answer this question...

No if you know, you can answer too of course! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out my only feeling is those two guys are just very experienced in this subject.

I did Lucky Dip more than 30 times so I should have some experience. It all depends on local stuff. In Gelsenkirchen more Pit Tickets have been added very late so you would be better of you're later. In Berlin 2018 they handed out Pit Tickets for nearly two hours. They haven't even been in envelopes. The had a big stack of them and gave them to everyone. But these are exceptions. Usually and the way it should be is that it's completely random. And this has been the case for most shows.

Date: July 29, 2022 12:54

I did a lot of LD’s too. But the only thing I am wondering: ‘why the hell do I always get a Lucky Dip bracelet?’ It really has no added value.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-29 13:18 by RG.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 29, 2022 13:46

RG
I did a lot of LD’s too. But the only thing I am wondering: ‘why the hell do I always get a Lucky Dip bracelet?’ It really has no added value.

The ticket that you receive also mentions ‘lucky dip’. So if they scan a ‘lucky dip’ ticket and you don’t have a bracelet, they know you’re not the original buyer of the lucky dip ticket.

Date: July 29, 2022 13:46

RG

They have no use except it scares scalpers to get LD and sell them with a profit.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 29, 2022 15:11

RG

think about it as a souvenir.
There's no use for the wristband – nobody ever looks at it

Date: July 29, 2022 15:52

slewan
RG

Exactly. I always remove it immediatly. I only like the PIT-bracelet winking smiley.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 29, 2022 16:45

Btw I transferred my LD for Stockholm and it worked fine. Lets see if it also works at show day.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: July 29, 2022 18:03

When can you pick up lucky dips in sthlm?

Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: July 30, 2022 00:30

Has anybody got information, where to pick up LDs in Stockholm. I did not get any information from Ticketmaster until now.

Date: July 30, 2022 02:45

RG
slewan
RG

Exactly. I always remove it immediatly. I only like the PIT-bracelet winking smiley.

Sometimes the LD wristband is of the same color! winking smiley

Date: July 30, 2022 02:47

BowieStone
RG

The ticket that you receive also mentions ‘lucky dip’. So if they scan a ‘lucky dip’ ticket and you don’t have a bracelet, they know you’re not the original buyer of the lucky dip ticket.

They still never actually check the wristband. All they really care about is scanning your ticket. It's just some college kid at the gate doing the scanning anyway, and a lot of people to go through.

Been to countless shows on LDs where they never even gave me a LD wristband.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-30 02:49 by Topi.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: July 30, 2022 09:52

Cheltie
Has anybody got information, where to pick up LDs in Stockholm. I did not get any information from Ticketmaster until now.

When i saw Stones in Copenhagen in 2017 and in Warsaw 2018 I got an email with information about when and where to pick up the Lucky dips, i havent recived one. Has anyone got information about the lucky dips for Stockholm?

Posted by: Bushfire ()
Date: July 30, 2022 11:11

No e-mail on Lucky Dip pick-up yet. Strange...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 30, 2022 18:25

Bushfire
No e-mail on Lucky Dip pick-up yet. Strange...

Any news?

Posted by: Cheltie ()
Date: July 30, 2022 20:31

Still no information for lucky dips - strange

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home