Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2022
Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: June 4, 2022 11:13

NashvilleBlues
grzegorz67
Oriongalaxy
Thanks a lot for all answers!
I see some of you were extremely lucky many times.

On this tour they give signed envelope with your name on it and no begging is possible.
I wonder how "lucky" is our envelope winking smiley

That is a worrying development and tends to suggest it’s predetermined. Apart from at the very beginning, I don’t think it’s been completely random for years. Some people seem to get Pit every show and statistically, that can’t possibly be a coincidence.

When picking up my LD’s in Nashville last year, the guy just handed me the next unmarked envelope. Not caring to see The Ghost Hounds, I didn’t get there early. I got toward the front of a 100’s section straight back from center stage. Although they could’ve separated the PIT tickets, it looked to be pretty random from my experience. Also, everyone I personally know that got LD’s had very similar tickets to mine. No PIT.

Anyone draw PIT in Nashville last year?

I pulled Pit 1 in Nashvegas

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: June 4, 2022 16:40

What does the Lucky Dip band look like by the way?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 4, 2022 17:49

Oriongalaxy
Hi guys,

Question to those who are experienced with LD.
How often did you score PIT or at least GA and managed to be close to the stage?

Thanks.

Dipped once, Paris 2017 v2, got GA, never again ! Quality over quantity is my motto ;-)

Well it was GA with early entry since we cut the 2+ hours messy queue after picking up the envelope.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Troubadour ()
Date: June 5, 2022 14:45

Since it will be very uncomfortable in Munich tonight due to the weather:

Did you have the feeling that you have better PIT chances in the Lucky Dip raffles if you come earlier to get your tickets?

Do you think you really have to go to the stadium as soon as you have the tickets or can you go for a meal or a walk until the concert starts?

Best regards
Michael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-05 15:12 by Troubadour.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 5, 2022 23:30

Anyone else would please share their experience?
By the way...I think even having PIT you don't need to enter the venues immediately?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 6, 2022 00:47

Troubadour

Did you have the feeling that you have better PIT chances in the Lucky Dip raffles if you come earlier to get your tickets?

Do you think you really have to go to the stadium as soon as you have the tickets or can you go for a meal or a walk until the concert starts?

Best regards
Michael

Not this time! I was the very first one to pick up LD tickets. They lady at the desk picked randomly an evelelop from the box – and I lost… just a seat at the side, block M2, good view though, but not what I am more or less used to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 01:08 by slewan.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 03:34

Can someone post what the LD bands look like this year ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 6, 2022 03:39

In Munich they were sky blue. I can post a photo later.

Doesn't really matter, nobody actually checked your LD band. All they cared about was your ticket.

Date: June 6, 2022 03:41

slewan
Troubadour

Best regards
Michael

Not this time! I was the very first one to pick up LD tickets. They lady at the desk picked randomly an evelelop from the box – and I lost… just a seat at the side, block M2, good view though, but not what I am more or less used to

I thought it was you in front of the line, slewan, I remembered you from Stuttgart smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 03:48 by Topi.

Date: June 6, 2022 03:50

OK, here's what the LD wristband looked like tonight:

Date: June 6, 2022 04:25

BTW one of the contributing factors for the LD pickup chaos in Munich was that there were several people in the LD line trying just to buy tickets from the box office. That definitely played a role in the delay. I heard a lot of people standing in the line asking what LDs were and when they realized (late) that they were in the wrong line they went over to the "Abendkasse" (regular box office) line to try and buy tickets.

It was a mess, sure, but in the end I am happy with my score and I'm happy I was able to pick up both of my pairs without problems AND help two total strangers get in for free!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 04:40 by Topi.

Posted by: moseslake ()
Date: June 6, 2022 11:03

Anyone else get an email from AXS ticket for Liverpool LD. The email states the pdf is my tickets, it’s has a barcode and LUCKY in bold print. I know dips are picked up at the box office, so I’m a bit confused about this email.

Any thoughts?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 11:34

Hey topi, you might have been in line just before me as I got into the pit during tumbling dice. What a stressful time, I hated it when they started playing and we were still outside. So glad the pit made up for everything.

Date: June 6, 2022 11:41

It totally did make up for everything! I just told myself to remain calm and not stress out. It was nothing I could control anyway.

Hope the LD process is smoother the rest of the way!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 11:44 by Topi.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 6, 2022 11:43

moseslake
Anyone else get an email from AXS ticket for Liverpool LD. The email states the pdf is my tickets, it’s has a barcode and LUCKY in bold print. I know dips are picked up at the box office, so I’m a bit confused about this email.
Any thoughts?

Hi ML,

Yeah, got the same e-mither...I'll go to the LD ticket kiosk and collect my disappointment there, hah-hah!

Nah, very pleased that Topi and hopefully other IORRians got an absolute result last night in Munchen: I can only guess at the stress levels in that queue!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:48

got Block O1 row 17 last night in munich. 3/4 to the back, not bad, but not great either. ended up somewhere closer to the stage without much trouble winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 6, 2022 14:44

Topi
BTW one of the contributing factors for the LD pickup chaos in Munich was that there were several people in the LD line trying just to buy tickets from the box office. That definitely played a role in the delay. I heard a lot of people standing in the line asking what LDs were and when they realized (late) that they were in the wrong line they went over to the "Abendkasse" (regular box office) line to try and buy tickets.

It was a mess, sure, but in the end I am happy with my score and I'm happy I was able to pick up both of my pairs without problems AND help two total strangers get in for free!

Good on ya' Topi!
smileys with beer

Date: June 6, 2022 16:47

btw: the LD tickets for Munich were printed on the day before the show

Munich 2022 - worst Lucky Dip Experience ever
Posted by: SteveDMosley ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:01

Lucky Dip was a total mess yesterday. Because of these two factors:

1. Useless wristbands
each dipper got wristbands. But why? No one cared about these. To get in, you had to show your tickets only. But nevertheless you had to get a wristband when you collected your tickets. And the person at the counter put those on your arms. Therefore the waiting time at the counter was very, very long and some people had to wait for hours. We got in too late too and missed the first two songs

2. Wrong Location
Lucky dip collection was located directly next to the regular box office. so many people stood in the wrong lane and tried to buy regular tickets at the lucky dip office. this also caused enormous delays...

so if someone of the management is reading my lines:

Please unify the lucky dip process or discard this service at all.

In other countries the lucky dip counter is located separatly from normal box offices and you don't get useless wristbands at all.

In Germany it's always a mess and pure chaos. Some might remember how bad it was last time in stuttgart too....

Re: Munich 2022 - worst Lucky Dip Experience ever
Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:10

For the wristbands I guess the idea was to avoid reselling the tickets _ though if no one was checking I agree made no sense eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 13:12 by Stilllife09.

Date: June 6, 2022 13:15

Did you or anybody else ever had such bad experiences in other countries? In London it was very chilled and easy. My impression - it is only that bad in Germany...

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:17

in madrid, they gave us wristbands

but loose - to be put on ourselves

and, as you say, never checked subsequently

so it did seem completely pointless

and a lot of eventual landfill!

Date: June 6, 2022 13:20

rayrad
in madrid, they gave us wristbands

but loose - to be put on ourselves

and, as you say, never checked subsequently

so it did seem completely pointless

and a lot of eventual landfill!

Thank you.

But still I simply don't understand: why is it so hard to make collection everywhere the same?

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:23

Yes, it was a disaster. but i guess this is the problem of bands/crew staying inside a bubble and thus not being able to recognize such problems.

and it's the local promotor to blame for opening one hour late and only having one open window to pick up tickets.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:31

Not surprised . The hits keep coming .

Date: June 6, 2022 13:32

They opened another window but that only happened after 8 PM. Way too late.

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 13:49

SteveDMosley
Did you or anybody else ever had such bad experiences in other countries? In London it was very chilled and easy. My impression - it is only that bad in Germany...

Similar experience Stuttgart 2018, one small counter huge crowd in front of it. Lots of pushing around… Was a mess and there was not even the wristband issue yet.

Edinburgh just a few days before went on like a charm, so maybe really something about Germany&Lucky Dip

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 6, 2022 14:04

Stilllife09
... so maybe really something about Germany&Lucky Dip

Berlin 18, Munich 17, Düsseldorf 17 had no problems, Stuttgart 18 was a bit wild but not so bad... Problems yesterday might have been releated to the delayed opening. Wouldn't blame it to "Germany"

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 6, 2022 14:05

Well, that's Germany. They love following orders. But when you change the plan in the last minute, all that is left is confusion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-06 14:07 by falo01.

Date: June 6, 2022 14:41

The LD pick up was badly organized for sure (it was much better at the same place in 2017), but Stuttgart 2018 was really dangerous and it's still a miracle to me that no bones were broken

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home