Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2022
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:16

MisterDDDD
Topi
Hm, a name on the envelope? Have they done that before?

Several times at various venues... quite a bit in 2019 and in 2021, Vegas for certain.

Seems they switch things up in Europe and are back to filling holes in stadiums, upper levels etc. Same as 2018.
Where as in the US the last two legs, they had more designated sections (side stage lower/middle bowl or pit).

in 2018 they used LDs to fill up the pit and the golden circle section (at least at most of the shows I've been to)

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 2, 2022 20:35

Hello,

slewan
in 2018 they used LDs to fill up the pit and the golden circle section (at least at most of the shows I've been to)

No offence to The Stones but I sincerely wish, hope and pray that Pit and Golden Circle sales for Liverpool tank, hah-hah! #notaprayer #luckydipchancers #bleachersherewecome

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 20:40 by SimonN.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:32

I scored an Amsterdam Lucky Dip todayhot smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 2, 2022 21:33

dimrstone

On Ticketmaster NL?

Date: June 2, 2022 22:34

Topi
dimrstone

On Ticketmaster NL?

Yes

Date: June 2, 2022 22:43

Wow, not bad!

Date: June 2, 2022 22:43

Wow.. very lucky

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:03

dimrstone

Right on! That's how I scored Vienna, just clicked every day like some of you suggested

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 06:39 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2022 23:25

May the LUCK be with you. thumbs up

Date: June 2, 2022 23:30

Thank you all! See you in Amsterdamsmileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 00:44

SimonN
Hello,

slewan

No offence to The Stones but I sincerely wish, hope and pray that Pit and Golden Circle sales for Liverpool tank, hah-hah! #notaprayer #luckydipchancers #bleachersherewecome

Cheers,

Simon.

I hope for the same winking smiley I'm dipping Liverpool too. I have a spare to shift. I've dipped 12 times since the 1st 2 Paris shows in 2017, scoring 2 pits, a few GAs and some nosebleeds.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 3, 2022 01:00

grzegorz67
SimonN
Hello,

slewan

Cheers,

Simon.

I hope for the same winking smiley I'm dipping Liverpool too. I have a spare to shift. I've dipped 12 times since the 1st 2 Paris shows in 2017, scoring 2 pits, a few GAs and some nosebleeds.

Hi Gregor,

We can only keep our fingers crossed, right? Right!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:24

Hi guys,

Question to those who are experienced with LD.
How often did you score PIT or at least GA and managed to be close to the stage?

Thanks.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:40

My Stats at the Lucky Dip Counter (Not always the Position where I've been at the Concert:

Zurich Good Seats

Spielberg Seats
Zurich Golden Circle
Düsseldorf Pit

Dublin GA+Pit (2 pairs for three people)
London I GA
London II Golden Circle
Coventry Seats
Edinburgh Good Seats
Cardiff Pit
Twickenham Golden Circle
Berlin Pit
Stuttgart Pit
Warsaw GA

Denver Bad Seats
Seattle Pit
Santa Clara Pit

Atlanta Seats
Detroit Seats
Miami Awesome Seats

Madrid Good Seats

40% Seats
35% Pit
15% Golden Circle
10% GA

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 3, 2022 14:58

2014: Berlin GA seats in the upper block – still great since Waldbühne is so small

2017: Hamburg and Munich: pit; Düsseldorf GA
2018: Dublin pit, London I+II: golden circle, Berlin: pit, Stuttgart: golden circle (five meters behind the pit), Prague: GA (bad and far away from stage)

Date: June 3, 2022 15:31

Hm, I actually have to think about this... Off the top of my head (and note these do not reflect my actual positions on show day necessarily, because at times I managed to upgrade)

- Copenhagen 2017: seats all the way back
- Dublin 2018: side seats in the lower bowl
- London #1 2018: pit
- London #2 2018: golden circle
- Edinburgh 2018: seats, 6 of them, in the upper bowl (my worst draw ever)
- Stuttgart 2018: GA
- Prague 2018: Pit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 15:32 by Topi.

Date: June 3, 2022 15:52

Only 2 dips

Dusseldorf 2017: GA
Edinburgh 2018: Pit

Date: June 3, 2022 16:00

In the early days when they were introduced around 2013 (?), I was given nosebleeds for a Vegas show and an L.A. show, but of course was able to upgrade.
In the last couple of years, I had much better luck - of the two I bought in 2019 ended up in Pit for both Santa Clara and Glendale.
In 2021 Los Angeles, the first show I ended up in a nice lower bowl club/VIP section for the first show (and made it to floor by b-stage),
For the second show I ended up in the Pit Ronnie's side with Artedm, and knowing it might be my last Stones show, was almost in tears when we opened the envelope.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 3, 2022 16:31

How to change names for Milano LD's? There is a form on the website, but it asks for a "Fiscal seal or Barcode" (which is printed on the ticket..)

I did send them several email, but no succes yet...

If anyone succeeded in this, pls tell me how smiling smiley)

Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:24

I'm sorry if it's been asked before. How/who do I ask to get an upgrade at the concert? I've never done this before, so, if I end up with nosebleeds would like to know how to act. Thank you

Date: June 3, 2022 17:38

You can go to guest services and politely ask for an upgrade, you can find and politely ask an usher who might help you find empty seats,
or you can take it upon yourself and maneuver to a better location. None are guaranteed, but worth a try if you're stuck with nosebleeds and/or side view seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 17:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 3, 2022 17:38

Hutchence
I'm sorry if it's been asked before. How/who do I ask to get an upgrade at the concert? I've never done this before, so, if I end up with nosebleeds would like to know how to act. Thank you

Locate Guest Services.. they usually have a booth/table/office set up in the venue.

Generally, a good reason (can't do that many stairs, view is blocked etc) is needed.
They are sitting on tickets for these situations that would go unused otherwise, so doesn't hurt to ask.. There are other ways to get upgraded..last leg I got an upgrade checking in to get my GA floor band, but GS works well the few times I've asked.

Date: June 3, 2022 20:31

The guest service in the USA upgraded US every time we asked when we had nosebleeds but I think in Europe it will be harder to be upgraded like that. But asking costs you nothing. In Cardiff 18 it was even possible to change tickets at the Lucky Dip Counter. "Can we have Pit instead?" "Of course, here they are".

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:09

Thanks a lot for all answers!
I see some of you were extremely lucky many times.

On this tour they give signed envelope with your name on it and no begging is possible.
I wonder how "lucky" is our envelope winking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:16

Oriongalaxy

On this tour they give signed envelope with your name on it and no begging is possible.

That is a worrying development and tends to suggest it’s predetermined. Apart from at the very beginning, I don’t think it’s been completely random for years. Some people seem to get Pit every show and statistically, that can’t possibly be a coincidence.

Date: June 3, 2022 21:23

Oriongalaxy

This was the case in Madrid. Every venue handles this different. They've been predetermined before at some shows.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 3, 2022 21:30

grzegorz67
Oriongalaxy

That is a worrying development and tends to suggest it’s predetermined. Apart from at the very beginning, I don’t think it’s been completely random for years. Some people seem to get Pit every show and statistically, that can’t possibly be a coincidence.

When picking up my LD’s in Nashville last year, the guy just handed me the next unmarked envelope. Not caring to see The Ghost Hounds, I didn’t get there early. I got toward the front of a 100’s section straight back from center stage. Although they could’ve separated the PIT tickets, it looked to be pretty random from my experience. Also, everyone I personally know that got LD’s had very similar tickets to mine. No PIT.

Anyone draw PIT in Nashville last year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 21:34 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: SS ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:00

I did score Nashville pits and then gave the lady at the wristband table $20 to get 10 more for clients. It was frugal and fruitful at the same time. Things tightened up as the tour progressed. the people working the LA and Minneapolis shows couldn't be bought for any amount.

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: June 3, 2022 22:23

In Manchester during No Filter tour I lost my original Email. Had everything else including several pieces of ID. They had an envelope with my name on it but switched them round last min when I couldn’t provide the Email. Ended up in nosebleeds with a friend. My brother went up a few mins later with his Mrs and scored pits. I’m certain he got mine . My own fault - still not forgiven him ha ha!

I do think they are random even with names on the front. My fiancée has booked LD’s for Liverpool so hoping for better luck this time. It would be nice to score good ones but for the price i’m happy enough wherever we end up. I’m thankful the band have made the concert affordable enough for me to be able to go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-03 22:24 by richie26188.

Posted by: Hutchence ()
Date: June 4, 2022 09:46

Thank you all for these wonderful inputs ! Hopefully, goddess Fortuna will be on my side and I won't need to charm my way into better section. Good luck to us all smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-04 10:12 by Hutchence.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home