Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28
Re: Lucky Dip 2022
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:38

Some ticket agencies accept Paypal, not all of them do though.

You can also pay with your debit card in most cases.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:56

Some LD advice based on my direct experience from the 2018 UK Tour, where they were available for all the stadium shows.

1. Buy two Lucky Dip tickets and strike a partnership with another fan from IORR who has also bought two LDs. Then agree to meet up at the venue's ticket collection point. If one get's Pit ticket upgrades, you can both go. Then you can both give away or sell your two spare non-Pit tickets to other fans.

You can even try it if you get offered Gold Circle tickets from the LDs.

They are no guarantees with this strategy, but it worked for me a few times when I got Pit upgrades.

2. At the collection point, if you are offered nosebleed tickets, say you are a massive fan, etc. and really don't want to get stuck at the back (lay it on thick). Ask the counter person to please look for another ticket envelope. They should not do that, but I did that at Twickenham and the guy looked for another envelope and I got Pit tickets.

Good luck!!

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:01

SonicDreamer
Some LD advice based on my direct experience from the 2018 UK Tour, where they were available for all the stadium shows.

1. Buy two Lucky Dip tickets and strike a partnership with another fan from IORR who has also bought two LDs. Then agree to meet up at the venue's ticket collection point. If one get's Pit ticket upgrades, you can both go. Then you can both give away or sell your two spare non-Pit tickets to other fans.

They are no guarantees with this strategy, but it worked for me a few times when I got Pit upgrades.

2. At the collection point, if you are offered nosebleed tickets, say you are a massive fan, etc. and really don't want to get stuck at the back (lay it on thick). Ask the counter person to please look for another ticket envelope. They should not do that, but I did that at Twickenham and the guy looked for another envelope and I got Pit tickets.

Good luck!!

Cheers,
SonicD

those things work in London because they released so many LD tickets. For the second show they had 1000 LD tickets instead of the usual 300-400. (I noticed that on my LD there was a number printed saying '592/1000')

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:48

slewan
SonicDreamer

Good luck!!

Cheers,
SonicD

those things work in London because they released so many LD tickets. For the second show they had 1000 LD tickets instead of the usual 300-400. (I noticed that on my LD there was a number printed saying '592/1000')

Only outcome two was in London, not option 1. And there was only one Twickers show on that tour. the other London shows were at the former Olympic Stadium at Stratford.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 14, 2022 14:26

will there be lucky dips on this tour ?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 14, 2022 14:27

will there be lucky dips on this tour for brussels ?

Date: March 14, 2022 14:28

Would seem so, yes.

Date: March 14, 2022 14:35

steffiestones
will there be lucky dips on this tour for brussels ?

it's either LD tickets for all shows (except for festivals) or no LD tickets at all

Date: March 14, 2022 15:00

We already know Ticketcorner revealed Lucky Dip availability for Bern. So yes, there will be LD's, except for Hyde Park.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 15:07

Topi
We already know Ticketcorner revealed Lucky Dip availability for Bern. So yes, there will be LD's, except for Hyde Park.

Are you pretty sure no LDs for HP Topi? They had them for Prague last time but you’re definitely right that Festivals are much less likely than Stadium shows. Fairly sure they had them in that open show in Texas last year.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: March 14, 2022 15:13

grzegorz67
Topi

Are you pretty sure no LDs for HP Topi? They had them for Prague last time but you’re definitely right that Festivals are much less likely than Stadium shows. Fairly sure they had them in that open show in Texas last year.

Will I need a ticketcorner Austria account to buy luck dips for Vienna via The Stones website?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 15:14

grzegorz67
Topi

It doesn't depend on field or Stadium but on Festival or No Festival. Hyde Park is a festival like Pinkpop/Quebec/Werchter...there have never been Lucky Dips for festivals

Date: March 14, 2022 15:14

grzegorz67
Topi

the question is not stadium or open field, but who runs the show. In case it's a Stones show there are LDs, in case it's festival that's organized by someone else there are (usually) no LDs

Date: March 14, 2022 15:22

welshphil

Will I need a ticketcorner Austria account to buy luck dips for Vienna via The Stones website?

You will need an account with the local ticket vendor, yes. The Stones website does not sell tickets, they just provide the LD links.

In Austria the vendor is Oeticket, not Ticketcorner. An Eventim subsidiary.

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: March 15, 2022 00:08

It was GREAT in Southampton last time with LD in the PIT!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 00:15 by PdeGroot.

Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2022
Posted by: dierdz ()
Date: March 15, 2022 16:19

What do you mean by limited vision tickets or nosebleed? Are they behind the PIT and the Golden Circle or could they be worse?

I was just wondering if it was worth the risk. Thanks!

Date: March 15, 2022 16:24

There is no risk associated with LDs considering the price. Yes they could be nosebleeds or side view etc., but they will still be 50% cheaper than the cheapest tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 16:25 by Topi.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 15, 2022 16:26

dierdz
What do you mean by limited vision tickets or nosebleed? Are they behind the PIT and the Golden Circle or could they be worse?

For the show in Berlin 2018 a lot of LD tickets were Pit tickets.
In London I got Golden Circle for LD - not bad for about 35 Pounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-16 01:53 by MAF.

Posted by: ThinAir ()
Date: March 15, 2022 16:33

i got into the pit in Munich in 2017 with LD tickets, but i also got crap tickets in London a year later. it's hit or miss...

Date: March 15, 2022 16:33

Topi
There is no risk associated with LDs considering the price. Yes they could be nosebleeds or side view etc., but they will still be 50% cheaper than the cheapest tickets.

Ye, I mean, how bad it could be. But a side view or a nosebleed view is not so bad. As I read "limited vision" I tough it could be behind a column or something like that. Hahaha.

MAF
dierdz

For the show in Berlin 2018 a lot of LD tickets were Pit tickets.
In London I got Golden Circle für LD - not bad for about 35 Pounds.

Great! Thank you!

Date: March 15, 2022 16:45

Topi

Sorry, me again. What about if I have 2 LD tickets? (Me and my girlfriend) We will have two possibilities or just 1 chance for both? How it works? Thank you!

Date: March 15, 2022 16:50

dierdz
Topi

Sorry, me again. What about if I have 2 LD tickets? (Me and my girlfriend) We will have two possibilities or just 1 chance for both? How it works? Thank you!

LD tickets are only sold as a pair of two tickets

Date: March 15, 2022 16:56

dierdz
Topi

You could also buy two pairs (each one of you buys a pair) to improve your chances. Still a fair price. And then just give the "worse" tickets to somebody. People do this all the time and it's not even against any rules - because the rules say 1 pair of LD per person.

Date: March 15, 2022 17:19

Topi
dierdz
Topi

You could also buy two pairs (each one of you buys a pair) to improve your chances. Still a fair price. And then just give the "worse" tickets to somebody. People do this all the time and it's not even against any rules - because the rules say 1 pair of LD per person.

well, sometimes LD tickets are less than half of the cheapest regular ticket, more times they are more. In the latter case you loose if you buy two LD tickets for each of you (in that case you can't even give your spare tickets away because nobody is going to want them.
In some places they only handed you the LD ticket when you picked them together with your 'guest'. And beside that there are usually not too many LD tickets – so they might remember your face when you show up twice. In short: it might be risky…

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 15, 2022 17:27

Topi
dierdz
Topi

Done this many times, and typically even the "worse" pair are fantastic seats.
At least the last two legs in US. Nearly all the LD's have been either Pit or lower bowl seats. Good times smileys with beer

Date: March 15, 2022 18:51

slewan
dierdz
Topi

Ohh grand! Is it the price per 2 tickets or the price each one? Ie. If the LD costs 50€, is it 50 per 2 tickets o 50 each one? Thanks!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 15, 2022 19:22

Are LDs going to be available in tomorrows presale?

Date: March 15, 2022 19:24

dierdz
slewan
dierdz
Topi

Ohh grand! Is it the price per 2 tickets or the price each one? Ie. If the LD costs 50€, is it 50 per 2 tickets o 50 each one? Thanks!
the price is for one but you have to buy them as a pair

Date: March 15, 2022 19:26

MisterDDDD
Topi
dierdz
Topi

Done this many times, and typically even the "worse" pair are fantastic seats.
At least the last two legs in US. Nearly all the LD's have been either Pit or lower bowl seats. Good times smileys with beer

it depends on how many good tickets were not sold during the regular ticket sale

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 19:28

dimrstone
Are LDs going to be available in tomorrows presale?

No. They never have been. Since 2015, always with the General Sale.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home