Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT: Pearl Jam US Tour 2022
Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 22, 2022 00:12

Yes there were only 2 songs on both shows!! Does anybody know a band who is doing the same? The posters of London were amazing!

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 22, 2022 00:16

RisingStone
I didn’t attend HP2. They played 22 songs both nights. And they changed whoppin’ 21 songs between two shows! Porch, the closer of the main set, was the only duplicated song.

Did anybody else here see the show(s)? yorkshirestone (and Mirko, perhaps?) posted that they would attend both. Hope to see their comments.

[www.setlist.fm]

Yes there were only 2 songs on both shows!! Does anybody know a band who is doing the same? The posters of London were amazing!Mike Mc Cready appeared on the 2nd day in front of the first row before the show and took photos of the fans.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 22, 2022 09:40

Mirko
RisingStone
I didn’t attend HP2. They played 22 songs both nights. And they changed whoppin’ 21 songs between two shows! Porch, the closer of the main set, was the only duplicated song.

Did anybody else here see the show(s)? yorkshirestone (and Mirko, perhaps?) posted that they would attend both. Hope to see their comments.

[www.setlist.fm]

Yes there were only 2 songs on both shows!! Does anybody know a band who is doing the same? The posters of London were amazing!Mike Mc Cready appeared on the 2nd day in front of the first row before the show and took photos of the fans.

Dave Matthews Band almost never play the same setlist twice. Losds of songs and maybe 1 song similar to the night before.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 22, 2022 13:48

schwonek
Mirko
RisingStone

[www.setlist.fm]

Dave Matthews Band almost never play the same setlist twice. Losds of songs and maybe 1 song similar to the night before.

But it's Dave Matthews (formerly the anti-Christ Dave)....just saying.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

OT: Pearl Jam
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 19, 2022 22:07

Couldn't find a Pearl Jam thread. So here one is:

Saw them Friday and Saturday (They also played Sunday. Three days, three shows, three states). I expected a lot, I mean a ton, and they outperformed my super-lofty hopes.

In Nashville (Bridgestone Arena, nosebleeds, $103) and Louisville (Bourbon and Beyond Fest, $129 [were $99 at first tier, I waited too long]) they played inspired song after song. High energy and intensity throughout. Setlists so varied, it's like seeing them on two different tours. Cool how they started both shows sitting down and played about 4 more laid-back songs before they stood up and launched into the unhinged rockers. McCready is as possessed as ever, spinning insane solo after solo. Eddie's voice is as intense as ever. 10/10.

Here are the setlists:
Nashville- [www.setlist.fm]

Louisville- [www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 22:08 by NashvilleBlues.

Re: OT: Pearl Jam
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2022 22:15

NashvilleBlues
Couldn't find a Pearl Jam thread.

Here you go: Pearl Jam US Tour 2022

Date: September 19, 2022 22:22

Hairball
NashvilleBlues

Thanks! I should've known. I started it! Haha! What an idiot I am!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 22:25 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: September 20, 2022 01:07

NashvilleBlues
Hairball
NashvilleBlues

Thanks! I should've known. I started it! Haha! What an idiot I am!

They're a great live band. Albums a bit hit & miss but that's ok.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: September 20, 2022 18:35

NashvilleBlues
Couldn't find a Pearl Jam thread. So here one is:

Saw them Friday and Saturday (They also played Sunday. Three days, three shows, three states). I expected a lot, I mean a ton, and they outperformed my super-lofty hopes.

In Nashville (Bridgestone Arena, nosebleeds, $103) and Louisville (Bourbon and Beyond Fest, $129 [were $99 at first tier, I waited too long]) they played inspired song after song. High energy and intensity throughout. Setlists so varied, it's like seeing them on two different tours. Cool how they started both shows sitting down and played about 4 more laid-back songs before they stood up and launched into the unhinged rockers. McCready is as possessed as ever, spinning insane solo after solo. Eddie's voice is as intense as ever. 10/10.

Here are the setlists:
Nashville- [www.setlist.fm]

Louisville- [www.setlist.fm]

Cheers for that - looks a great couple of set lists. Hoping for more euro dates before long (rumoured new album finished) but word is perhaps Eddie solo next summer on this side of the pond.

Date: September 20, 2022 19:28

For me, there's not a better live band currently on the road.

Date: September 20, 2022 20:21

NashvilleBlues

I'd have to go with NIN but that's just personal preference. The western US run they just did was spectacular. Lucky me saw 2 very different shows. RHCP were good too but that felt more like a money grab. Everything on the NIN tour was very fan friendly.

Date: September 20, 2022 20:50

crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

I'd have to go with NIN but that's just personal preference. The western US run they just did was spectacular. Lucky me saw 2 very different shows. RHCP were good too but that felt more like a money grab. Everything on the NIN tour was very fan friendly.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen NIN since the first time in 1994 (which was fantastic!). Here's the setlist:
[www.setlist.fm]

Date: September 20, 2022 22:28

NashvilleBlues
crholmstrom
NashvilleBlues

Unfortunately, I haven't seen NIN since the first time in 1994 (which was fantastic!). Here's the setlist:
[www.setlist.fm]

Ya, that's a good one. They haven't been doing huge tours lately but if you get the chance to catch a standalone show in the future do it. You won't regret it. Their festival sets are great too but tend to be more in the greatest hits vein. My festival days are over. Just too much for me to handle. Going to regular concerts is more than enough of a challenge for me. I'm hoping we get NIN in Seattle next year. They were supposed to do a 3 night theater run but it got cancelled by COVID. That would be stellar!

OT: Pearl Jam 2023 "mini-tour"
Date: April 28, 2023 18:21

Just got tickets for PJ in Indianapolis, IN. Grass tickets were $81 total each, but every non-grass seat I saw left (I got into the queue late) was over $800. Wonder what gives?

Re: OT: Pearl Jam 2023 "mini-tour"
Date: April 29, 2023 02:12

NashvilleBlues
Just got tickets for PJ in Indianapolis, IN. Grass tickets were $81 total each, but every non-grass seat I saw left (I got into the queue late) was over $800. Wonder what gives?

From pj website - looks like what’s left is the 10?

To continue to protect fans’ access to fairly priced tickets, Pearl Jam has decided to make tickets non-transferable where permitted, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through PJ Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs

Date: April 29, 2023 02:38

yorkshirestone
NashvilleBlues

To continue to protect fans’ access to fairly priced tickets, Pearl Jam has decided to make tickets non-transferable where permitted, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through PJ Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs

Makes sense. I guess I got in too late to get a non-premium seat. Glad I got an $81 grass ticket though. At noon, there were only 12 total tickets left and they all were between $900-$1000 each.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-29 02:40 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: April 29, 2023 13:36

NashvilleBlues
yorkshirestone
NashvilleBlues

Makes sense. I guess I got in too late to get a non-premium seat. Glad I got an $81 grass ticket though. At noon, there were only 12 total tickets left and they all were between $900-$1000 each.
Fingers crossed for europe next year - been an even numbered year thing for the last decade or two :-)

Btw Nashville did you pick up Give Way at record store day? Tremendous set. Also on Spotify a limited time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-29 13:41 by yorkshirestone.

Date: April 29, 2023 16:23

yorkshirestone
NashvilleBlues
yorkshirestone
NashvilleBlues

Fingers crossed for europe next year - been an even numbered year thing for the last decade or two :-)

Btw Nashville did you pick up Give Way at record store day? Tremendous set. Also on Spotify a limited time

Good luck!

No, I didn’t get it. The record store I went to barely had any RSD stuff. I think they had Mr. Big or something weak like that.

Re: OT: Pearl Jam stuff
Date: September 11, 2023 02:23

Someone in the band is ill. Got the message on my way to Indianapolis that tonight’s show is postponed. No other dates impacted as of now.

[www.spin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-11 02:26 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 11, 2023 02:40

Oh shit. Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, shit happens.
It happened to me, too. And many folks here, I’m sure.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: September 11, 2023 02:57

NashvilleBlues
Someone in the band is ill. Got the message on my way to Indianapolis that tonight’s show is postponed. No other dates impacted as of now.

[www.spin.com]

Happened to me 2020 Baltimore. Damn tough luck man, kinda sucks. I'm flying out from Boston next week for the Ft Worth shows, crossing my fingers!

Date: September 11, 2023 03:45

Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

[www.spin.com]

Happened to me 2020 Baltimore. Damn tough luck man, kinda sucks. I'm flying out from Boston next week for the Ft Worth shows, crossing my fingers!

I was only an hour into a 4 1/2 hour drive. No big loss. Plus, even though I didn’t have insurance, my hotel gave me a full refund. Hopefully they can actually reschedule this and not end-up canceling.

Date: September 11, 2023 04:30

NashvilleBlues
Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

[www.spin.com]

I was only an hour into a 4 1/2 hour drive. No big loss. Plus, even though I didn’t have insurance, my hotel gave me a full refund. Hopefully they can actually reschedule this and not end-up canceling.

thumbs up smileys with beer

Date: September 11, 2023 17:56

NashvilleBlues
Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

[www.spin.com]

Ah that’s a downer - looking like great set lists this fall. I’m hoping for europe again next year but touring schedule getting more leisurely than the stones at the mo.

Date: September 11, 2023 18:45

yorkshirestone
NashvilleBlues
Mr. Jimi
NashvilleBlues

[www.spin.com]

Ah that’s a downer - looking like great set lists this fall. I’m hoping for europe again next year but touring schedule getting more leisurely than the stones at the mo.

Always great setlists. Very unpredictable.

Date: September 12, 2023 21:05

Hey Nashvilleblues, I'm heading out on Thursday to Ft Worth, wish me luck, I will give you a review of the Friday night show. If you hear anything about any postponement, please post, but I'm sure I will hear about it. Cheers!

Date: September 12, 2023 21:23

Mr. Jimi
Hey Nashvilleblues, I'm heading out on Thursday to Ft Worth, wish me luck, I will give you a review of the Friday night show. If you hear anything about any postponement, please post, but I'm sure I will hear about it. Cheers!

Awesome! I'm jealous! Have fun! I'll update if I hear anything.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: September 13, 2023 17:49

I saw Pearl Jam's 2nd Chicago show last week. Outstanding show! I hadn't seen them since 2006. I like so much the setlist variety that I'll probably start seeing them more often.
Added bonus was Street Fighting Man played during the encore.

Date: September 13, 2023 18:09

Chitown23
I saw Pearl Jam's 2nd Chicago show last week. Outstanding show! I hadn't seen them since 2006. I like so much the setlist variety that I'll probably start seeing them more often.
Added bonus was Street Fighting Man played during the encore.

Super-elite live band. No questioning that.

Maybe some will drop their Noblesville, IN tickets if/when PJ reschedules and you can get a ticket. I'll be there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-13 18:10 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: September 14, 2023 17:27

Andrew Watt producing new Pearl Jam album...

[www.rollingstone.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home