Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT: Pearl Jam stuff
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 7, 2022 15:40

Tour has been delayed since 2020. Official announcement from the band in November said they’d start their US tour in May 2022 and they’d announce the new dates in “early 2022.” No updates yet…

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-28 21:32 by bv.

Re: OT: Pearl Jam US Tour 2022
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:54

Apparently Eddie Vedder's solo tour was a test to see how a larger scale one would go and while it happened it didn't happen swimmingly. There were a lot of issues and apparently its possibly made them gunshy to commit to the next Pearl Jam tour. I definitely don't think its gonna happen in May like they've said. I think if we're lucky we might get it in the fall. I'm desperately waiting for them to get rescheduled as well but they seem like they don't mind being the last ones back on the road.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 8, 2022 03:57

Eddie & pals may have missed the bus. It's going to be a tough year for rock stars as higher gas and food prices eat into our discretionary spending.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2022 04:03

US gas prices are such a flashpoint. A lot of people get all up about whatever.. yet still continue with what they do. Starbucks is a great example. No one bats an eye about ridiculous coffee prices until... gas goes up.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: March 8, 2022 17:35

GasLightStreet
US gas prices are such a flashpoint. A lot of people get all up about whatever.. yet still continue with what they do. Starbucks is a great example. No one bats an eye about ridiculous coffee prices until... gas goes up.
Starbucks is not coffee.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 14, 2022 20:28

Date: March 14, 2022 22:59

Guess I'll most likely be paying scalper prices for the 9/11 NY show. NY is always a tough market for them and this was already sold out.

Date: March 15, 2022 01:07

RollingFreak
Guess I'll most likely be paying scalper prices for the 9/11 NY show. NY is always a tough market for them and this was already sold out.

Aren’t they using anti-scalper methods on this tour?

Date: March 15, 2022 16:31

NashvilleBlues
RollingFreak

Didn't know that was possible. There's $1,000 tickets listed on Stubhub for the show, but if there were any band that would do anti scalpers it would be Pearl Jam. Which is nice but also kinda unfortunate because between the PJ Fan Club, the Verified Fan stuff, and NY just in general being a really tough market, they only really put like 5 tickets up for actual sale to these shows. Its so hard to get tickets for them here, and they just don't tour often enough for me to feel the fan club is worth it to join.

Date: March 15, 2022 16:51

RollingFreak
NashvilleBlues
RollingFreak

Didn't know that was possible. There's $1,000 tickets listed on Stubhub for the show, but if there were any band that would do anti scalpers it would be Pearl Jam. Which is nice but also kinda unfortunate because between the PJ Fan Club, the Verified Fan stuff, and NY just in general being a really tough market, they only really put like 5 tickets up for actual sale to these shows. Its so hard to get tickets for them here, and they just don't tour often enough for me to feel the fan club is worth it to join.

Yeah. Can’t remember how exactly they do it. Every ticket in Nashville was $103 before fees during the sale. Only 4 are listed on StubHub. All over $1400. Usually a show like that has hundreds for sale on StubHub (StubHub has 130 Bob Dylan tickets available at the small Ryman for a sold out show one week from now, for reference). I am not in their fan club, I just joined the online sale back in 2019 or 2020 or whenever the hell it was and got 4 nosebleeds. That said, you might want to check and see if Ticketmaster is selling more tickets since they officially announced the new dates. I’m sure a few people have dropped their tickets since they bought them over 2 years ago. Good luck!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 19:20 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 15, 2022 18:38

something to do with qr/barcode refreshing every 30 secs on a digital ticket i think, read something from 10 club

Date: March 15, 2022 18:56

Interesting, had no idea. Good to know, thank you!

Date: May 14, 2022 15:50

Pearl Jam Enlist Fan to Play Drums After Matt Cameron Tests Positive for Covid-19

Touring member Josh Klinghoffer and Richard Stuverud also filled in during set on Thursday

By ALTHEA LEGASPI
May 13, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]
__

"Yellow Ledbetter" with Josh Arroyo

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 14, 2022 20:22

It's the anti resale policies that drive up the prices on whatever people can get to market.

But it didn't save the Forum show. I pretty much forgot this band existed (last seen them in Oct 1991) until I was clued into the price drops and ended up getting in for $26.

It was pretty good, at least they played enough of the songs I like off the first album and the newer stuff was OK.

Not much has convinced me Eddie isn't one of the dumbest singers alive however.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 14, 2022 21:12

Whale
GasLightStreet
Starbucks is not coffee.

? overpriced, yes, but coffee beans still make coffee!

Date: May 17, 2022 17:46

High schooler Kai Neukermans sits in on drums, May 13:

--

Mill Valley teen drummer sits in with Pearl Jam at Oakland Arena show

Julie Johnson
May 14, 2022

[www.sfchronicle.com]

Date: May 19, 2022 18:56

Date: May 19, 2022 19:04

Yep. Cancelled, too, not postponed. That's unfortunate. Hopefully there will be no illnesses/snags for the September 16 and 17 shows. Get well soon boys!

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 19, 2022 19:15

I saw Pearl Jam as the warm up gig for a Winos gig New Years Eve believe it or not, was a bit wasted and can't remember much of it but think they were good. smileys with beer

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: May 19, 2022 19:19

DeanGoodman
Eddie & pals may have missed the bus. It's going to be a tough year for rock stars as higher gas and food prices eat into our discretionary spending.

I dont have a problem with Gas, a healthy colon is the key to success winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 19, 2022 21:47

Damn....deva vu with the Pearl Jam covid cancellations, along with other performances being affected such as the Eric Clapton postponements in Europe.
Cases on the rise in the US and elsewhere...hope everyone stays safe.

OT: Pearl Jam. Kings of Interesting Setlists
Date: June 8, 2022 18:48

Take a gander at what more bands should do with their setlists:

[www.setlist.fm]

Keeps the band and crowd interested. Plus, gives fans more of a reason to follow them on tour.

I know Dead and Co. do this, who else, of note, currently does this?

Why not more bands?

Re: OT: Pearl Jam. Kings of Interesting Setlists
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 8, 2022 19:51

The King of No Set-Lists: NRBQ

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 9, 2022 06:16

100%, they do it right!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: June 9, 2022 06:57

Pearl Jam are great for this, have been for years.
Im not a fan but Springsteen I believe shakes his up a lot, again not a fan but Radiohead change a lot,
Off the top of my head REM, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Iron Maiden, White Stripes all played different sets over multiple times seeing them live. I saw Frank Black solo twice in a day and he must have played 50 different songs between the afternoon and evening set..

Date: June 9, 2022 17:21

Paddy
Pearl Jam are great for this, have been for years.
Im not a fan but Springsteen I believe shakes his up a lot, again not a fan but Radiohead change a lot,
Off the top of my head REM, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Iron Maiden, White Stripes all played different sets over multiple times seeing them live. I saw Frank Black solo twice in a day and he must have played 50 different songs between the afternoon and evening set..

Dylan used to, not any more. I forgot about radiohead. Good addition.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 9, 2022 17:46

I wouldn't exactly call PJ the "Kings" they were a bit late to the party but definitely since Binuaral in 2020 they have spent the last 22 years changing up their lists nightly. However, all they did was copy the Jam Band format. The Dead, Phish, Widespread, Moe, Umphrey's McGee, Gov't Mule all did that before PJ. The Black Crowes went through a period where they switched up setlists nightly too. Soundgarden also started doing that on the King Animal tour. One big difference is, The Stones have mass appeal and play for crowds that are diverse. Where ad Jam bands and even Pearl Jam as popular as they are play for mostly a set demograph of die hard fans. There are pros and cons to both mind sets when it comes to setlists. The Stones base their setlist for people that only see them only once. If you want to see them multiple times on a tour, they don't build the setlist for you. On the Metal front AC/DC and Metallica are like the Stones playing for mass audience. Bands like Maiden play for their diehard fans.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 9, 2022 17:48

Well most of their songs are pretty interchangeable anyway so I don't think the audience cares as long as they play Alive, Even Flow and a few others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 17:51 by RaiseTheKnife.

Date: June 9, 2022 17:53

TumblinDice76
I wouldn't exactly call PJ the "Kings" they were a bit late to the party but definitely since Binuaral in 2020 they have spent the last 22 years changing up their lists nightly. However, all they did was copy the Jam Band format. The Dead, Phish, Widespread, Moe, Umphrey's McGee, Gov't Mule all did that before PJ. The Black Crowes went through a period where they switched up setlists nightly too. Soundgarden also started doing that on the King Animal tour. One big difference is, The Stones have mass appeal and play for crowds that are diverse. Where ad Jam bands and even Pearl Jam as popular as they are play for mostly a set demograph of die hard fans. There are pros and cons to both mind sets when it comes to setlists. The Stones base their setlist for people that only see them only once. If you want to see them multiple times on a tour, they don't build the setlist for you. On the Metal front AC/DC and Metallica are like the Stones playing for mass audience. Bands like Maiden play for their diehard fans.

Nah. Pearl Jam have been doing that since the early to mid 90's, before UM or Gov't Mule even existed. Check the stats. And, Binaural came out in 2000, not 2020.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-09 17:57 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 9, 2022 17:54

Yep, they are awesome. I love following them around and seeing them play gigs around the world. When the Stones stop touring Pearl Jam will be the band that I follow around.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home