Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Stones Wearing Suits For 60th Anniversary Concerts
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:50

Please no suits

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 7, 2022 19:53

Nah. Not for me. Their entire touring history has been about their styling. No one does it cooler than these guys. I happened to dig mid 90’s long coats and shades the most. Though my first tour TOTA in 75 was quite cool at the time when most just were jeans and tshirts.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:51

There's too few actual Rolling Stones members left that I just don't think it would make sense. You have Mick, Ronnie and Keith. That doesn't make a band, and Ronnie's not even original. So while I get the idea, are you also then gonna have Blondie, Steve, Daryl, and the backup singers also wearing suits? I feel like it just doesn't super make sense because there isn't enough of the core band left.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:53

Rockman

good lord look at bill's hair cut. that's so rock'n'roll.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:54

Good god. How bored are we? Need some actual Stones news...........soon.

Date: March 7, 2022 23:55

jigsaw69
ProfessorWolf
Woody24
Rockman

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

This looks like some sort of circus act.

or a cultgrinning smiley

Tragic to see Rod like this.......

I think the word tragic is way overused.

But in this case, spot on.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 7, 2022 23:58

RollingFreak
There's too few actual Rolling Stones members left that I just don't think it would make sense. You have Mick, Ronnie and Keith. That doesn't make a band, and Ronnie's not even original. So while I get the idea, are you also then gonna have Blondie, Steve, Daryl, and the backup singers also wearing suits? I feel like it just doesn't super make sense because there isn't enough of the core band left.

I disagree. Rolling Stones should renew themselves as the years go by, and still be relevant; so let them all wear similiar suits, and for Pete's sake; get decent haircuts. And the girls; they should wear dresses. Look at Rod Stewart....he knows how to do it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2022 00:07

Dunno about that idea
Don’t think Bernard would
Feel comfortable in a gold lame dress

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 8, 2022 00:15

Rockman
Dunno about that idea

Not if he doesn't shave his mustache, no.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 8, 2022 00:32

Erik_Snow
Rockman
Dunno about that idea

Not if he doesn't shave his mustache, no.

Well great…now I can’t get that vision out of my head.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2022 02:31

Rockman

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Rod or what?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 8, 2022 05:28

RollingFreak

I don't get ya, what's not having most of the original members got to do with wearing a suit

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-08 05:30 by colonial.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 8, 2022 06:27

RollingFreak

Exactly. How many people are in the band now 10? 11? To have 3 guys wearing suits, kinda silly. Although they may have been able to pull it off in 2012 with Wyman on stage, but then again Ronnie never wore a suit with them,

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: March 8, 2022 06:44

Date: March 8, 2022 06:59

Mr. Jimi
RollingFreak

Exactly. How many people are in the band now 10? 11? To have 3 guys wearing suits, kindat silly. Although they may have been able to pull it off in 2012 with Wyman on stage, but then again Ronnie never wore a suit with them,

The wearing of suits includes all the others on stage as well

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 8, 2022 07:12

Oh, please, no!

Date: March 8, 2022 19:08

YES!

And really short hair cuts too!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 8, 2022 21:49

treaclefingers
YES!

This is why I never read your posts! grinning smiley

Date: March 8, 2022 23:19

What about really tight clear plastic wet suits ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2022 00:57

Rockman
What about really tight clear plastic wet suits ....

59 years too late…

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2022 01:03

SomeTorontoGirl
L’Wren did design a check jacket for Mick for the 50 anniversary tour, reminiscent of the jackets they wore early on, but I’d be surprised and saddened if they all dressed alike…they left that look behind in one of their earliest acts of rebellion.

Loved when Mick strutted out wearing this!
L'Wren nailed this one.. can't remember if this ended up in Matt's collection or not when Mick auctioned a few pieces for charity.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 9, 2022 01:35

colonial
Mr. Jimi
RollingFreak

Exactly. How many people are in the band now 10? 11? To have 3 guys wearing suits, kindat silly. Although they may have been able to pull it off in 2012 with Wyman on stage, but then again Ronnie never wore a suit with them,

Yeah but cause the others aren't technically "Rolling Stones" it just seems weird to me. 10 people or so on stage wearing matching outfits when some are official members and others are touring ones just feels like its an odd sight. Like I'm watching Mick Jagger who's then dressed the same as everyone else on stage. It doesn't really allow any of them to pop in any way.If it was 5 official members on stage, I'd kinda get it although still think it looks weird at this stage of the game. But when you get into those bands that have "regular" members and "background" members, like the Stones are, I think it would just look strange.

Date: March 9, 2022 01:54

RollingFreak
colonial
Mr. Jimi
RollingFreak

Yeah but cause the others aren't technically "Rolling Stones" it just seems weird to me. 10 people or so on stage wearing matching outfits when some are official members and others are touring ones just feels like its an odd sight. Like I'm watching Mick Jagger who's then dressed the same as everyone else on stage. It doesn't really allow any of them to pop in any way.If it was 5 official members on stage, I'd kinda get it although still think it looks weird at this stage of the game. But when you get into those bands that have "regular" members and "background" members, like the Stones are, I think it would just look strange.

The Stones in matching suits and the others on stage in suits but different to The Stones smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 9, 2022 02:15

treaclefingers
YES!

Besides, most of all, let them perform decent songs. I suggest "Love, Love Me Do", "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Yesterday".

Date: March 9, 2022 02:47

59 years too late…

Yeah dont they make them any more ?????

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2022 03:25

Rockman
59 years too late…

Yeah dont they make them any more ?????

Sadly, I’m sure they do. But they shouldn’t be worn by anyone over 20…

Date: March 9, 2022 03:29

Witness
treaclefingers
YES!

Besides, most of all, let them perform decent songs. I suggest "Love, Love Me Do", "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Yesterday".

EXCELLENT IDEA!

WAIT...I don't think they've got the breadth for that. Better stick to blues numbers.

Date: March 9, 2022 03:33

Surely The Stones will be wearing suits for their Royal Albert Hall concert with having royal family members there, you wouldn't be wearing jeans and a T-shirt

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: March 9, 2022 03:36

Only ever seen Mick wearing
actual jeans about maybe two three times ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2022 03:42

Rockman
Only ever seen Mick wearing
actual jeans about maybe two three times ....
I have "Jagger" jeans, bought them

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home