Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith Richards interview 3/13 on CBS Sunday Morning
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 13, 2022 16:38

Keith said “Charlie got hit with a double wammy “ something like that. I wonder what that meant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 17:10 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:00

Cooltoplady
Keith said “Charlie got hot with a double wammy “ something like that. I wonder what that meant

Cancer 2x

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:03

Pretty good segment, albeit short. Keith seemed more lucid than a lot of recent interviews.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:07

Cooltoplady
Keith said “Charlie got hot with a double wammy “ something like that. I wonder what that meant

...hit with a double wammy. Which means the cancer came back. Which is always a risk if you got hit once. He survived the first, but not the second.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:20

NashvilleBlues
Keith, Mick and Steve worked on/came up with “8-9 new pieces,” the week before the interview was recorded, according to Keith.

The lone bit of breaking news.

Curious whether Steve would get credit, if something ever materializes.

He got a co-byline when Keith brought something he’d worked on with Steve to the Stones. But if Steve is “in the band”? Different story, no? Charlie never got credit, after all.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:31

Is there an online link to see the show?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:47

Here is the CBS link.
May not work outside the US?

[www.cbsnews.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 13, 2022 17:54

He talks about a new dynamics with Steve in the band, a metamorphosis. Even though it may sound a bit disrespectful towards Charlie I guess he's right. I think an old band needs an injection of youth or just another point of view somewhere down the line. Maybe Steve could work as a catalyst between Keith and Sir Michael? Without getting song writing credits of course...

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: March 13, 2022 18:00

Thanks for posting the YouTube link, Cristiano! Keith is as charming as ever smiling smiley

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 13, 2022 18:01

spikenyc
Here is the CBS link.

[www.cbsnews.com]

Thnx for sharing

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 13, 2022 18:12

“I guess I’ll find out the hard way”…

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 13, 2022 18:47

spikenyc
Here is the CBS link.

[www.cbsnews.com]

Thank you!! Keith is looking good

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 13, 2022 20:15

schillid
Cooltoplady

Cancer 2x

Yes but what's strange is that Keith said "he had a round with cancer a year or two before" which is news to me as his known round with (throat) cancer was in 2004. So that would be a "tripple whammy" :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 13, 2022 20:57

Very nice segment, Keith as cool and charming as ever.

One minor quibble - when the voice-over says "Richards has released three albums with the Winos" the screen shows us the covers of TIC, MO, and Live at the Hollywood Palladium. Either include the live album and call it four, or else show the cover of CH instead of the live album.

Drew

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:12

drewmaster

One minor quibble - when the voice-over says "Richards has released three albums with the Winos" the screen shows us the covers of TIC, MO, and Live at the Hollywood Palladium. Either include the live album and call it four, or else show the cover of CH instead of the live album.

Drew

I caught that too. I'm thinking it was an oversight by staff putting it together.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:18

drewmaster

For the purposes of promoting the MAIN OFFENDER reissue, they're saying the Winos reunited last week for the first in 30 years. Just pretend CROSSEYED HEART isn't another Keith-Steve Jordan effort featuring Waddy and Ivan on a bunch of the songs.

Date: March 13, 2022 21:19

gotdablouse
Yes but what's strange is that Keith said "he had a round with cancer a year or two before" which is news to me as his known round with (throat) cancer was in 2004. So that would be a "tripple whammy" :-(

In recent decades, they've shown a loss of time (likely deliberate to disguise age) a couple years ago now is 15 years or more to a calendar.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:24

NashvilleBlues
Keith, Mick and Steve worked on/came up with “8-9 new pieces,” the week before the interview was recorded, according to Keith.

This NEW album will be probably a triple LP Release, they have so many songs in stock now..... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-13 21:25 by mrfancyman.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 13, 2022 22:03

Rocky Dijon
gotdablouse

In recent decades, they've shown a loss of time (likely deliberate to disguise age) a couple years ago now is 15 years or more to a calendar.

I was wondering about that but "1 or 2 years ago" vs "17 years ago" seemed rather hard to be confused about !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 13, 2022 22:52

drewmaster

Drew

But CH is not a Winos album

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2022 23:58

they've shown a loss of time (likely deliberate to disguise age) a couple years ago now is 15 years

Heck yeah Rocky .... Pays ta do
things like that when ya click UP a few years ....

Always flash ya ID and pretend your now old
enough to enter club/pubs esp if theres a crowd
hangin round door....Mention things like Tik-Tok at
least twice in every sentence ... tell people youve
just had ya first shave ... Say things like who's Neil Young
and wasnt Kanya West once the President of some small country ....stuff like that

ROCKMAN

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 14, 2022 00:36

Maindefender
drewmaster

Drew

What do you mean it's not?confused smiley Here's the personnel:

Steve Jordan – drums (2–15), backup vocals (2–7, 9–15), percussion (5, 6), piano (6), congas (7), vibes (11), timpani (11), horn arrangement (15)
Waddy Wachtel – electric guitar (2, 5, 8, 10), acoustic guitar (8), backup vocals (8), slide guitar (14)
Ivan Neville – Hammond organ (6), backup vocals (6), Wurlitzer (15)
Bobby Keys – saxophone (3, 9)
Babi Floyd – backup vocals (11)
Sarah Dash – backup vocals (14)

Drew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 02:23 by drewmaster.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 14, 2022 00:40

gotdablouse
schillid
Cooltoplady

Cancer 2x

He obviously chose to keep it private - as was also the case last year until he had to pull out of the tour and again when it was apparent his illness was very serious. Until today, we didnt get confirmation of what his illness was.

Its a lot easier to keep a serious illness like that private when youre someone who avoids the public eye and during a lockdown.

The 'double whammy' reference might simply mean that the two recent bouts were related. It may have been totally unrelated to what he had in 2004.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 00:42 by Gazza.

Date: March 14, 2022 00:42

Rockman
they've shown a loss of time (likely deliberate to disguise age) a couple years ago now is 15 years

Heck yeah Rocky .... Pays ta do
things like that when ya click UP a few years ....

Always flash ya ID and pretend your now old
enough to enter club/pubs esp if theres a crowd
hangin round door....Mention things like Tik-Tok at
least twice in every sentence ... tell people youve
just had ya first shave ... Say things like who's Neil Young
and wasnt Kanya West once the President of some small country ....stuff like that

Somewhere Down Under, a wickedly funny man is busy making fun of everyone else. He does do it well, though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2022 00:57

... heck no rocky .... Im dead serious ../...

Hhhaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 14, 2022 01:30

did they say he quit smoking 2 years ago (2020) after 55 years (1965)?confused smiley

i wonder how hard it would have been to fact check that?eye rolling smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 14, 2022 01:48

He said that he stopped smoking cigarettes...
He didn't say anything about weed though.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 14, 2022 01:51

Thanks for posting Cristiano. smileys with beer

Only just seen it and Keith is looking great, loved The Wino's short gig in New York City...............and looking forward to see The Rolling Stones in England as well as Europe.

Hoping you and your great South American friends can make it over here. smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 14, 2022 03:18

MelBelli
NashvilleBlues

The lone bit of breaking news.

Curious whether Steve would get credit, if something ever materializes.

He got a co-byline when Keith brought something he’d worked on with Steve to the Stones. But if Steve is “in the band”? Different story, no? Charlie never got credit, after all.

Charlie got credit with every album: drums.

In the Stones' case, playing drums is not songwriting. In a lot of bands it isn't.

If that's what you're on about.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 03:23

drewmaster
Maindefender
drewmaster

Drew

What do you mean it's not?confused smiley Here's the personnel:

Steve Jordan – drums (2–15), backup vocals (2–7, 9–15), percussion (5, 6), piano (6), congas (7), vibes (11), timpani (11), horn arrangement (15)
Waddy Wachtel – electric guitar (2, 5, 8, 10), acoustic guitar (8), backup vocals (8), slide guitar (14)
Ivan Neville – Hammond organ (6), backup vocals (6), Wurlitzer (15)
Bobby Keys – saxophone (3, 9)
Babi Floyd – backup vocals (11)
Sarah Dash – backup vocals (14)

Drew

I look at the cover and label.

Rod

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home