Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Shane Warne R.I.P. - Mick's Post
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: March 6, 2022 08:32

[twitter.com]

As many are aware Mick loves the game of Cricket and many legendary Cricketers have formed friendships with him over a mutual love of the sport. Obviously the sequence in "Being Mick" when he visits Lord's Cricket Ground to watch England v Australia in the blue riband series called "The Ashes"

Sadly Shane Warne the greatest bowler ever produced by Australia or arguably anywhere, passed away unexpectedly and suddenly aged 52. Shane was a Global Superstar by any measure, when everyone in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/New Zealand/England & Wales/South Africa/Zimbabwe and Australia (more than a Quarter of the Planet) know you as Warnie then you've made an impact.

Shane bowled Leg Spin a bamboozling form of delivery that Spun viciously off the cricket pitch and often made the greatest batsmen in the world look amateurish.

He was also a Showman of the highest order, I guess that is what attracted high profile friends like Ed Sheeran, Elton John, Chris Martin, Michael Hutchence and i'm sure Shane was as Starstruck by them as they were of him.

Mick's post was just so simple and classy.

Cricket Fans can't believe that the real "Wizard of Oz" has gone

This is footage of Shane Warne, believe you cannot see what he does until the 3rd or 4th slo-mo replay. Mostly due to too resolution but really it's because he's a Wizard.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-06 12:54 by SKILLS.

Re: OT: Shane Warne R.I.P. - Mick's Post
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 6, 2022 12:56

Never heard of him, but you live and learn.

RIP Shane Warne.

- Doxa

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 6, 2022 17:25

Short comment by Mick about the passing of Shane Warne, and his name is very well known to any cricket fan who loves the Ashes matches between Australia and England.

R.I.P. Shane Warne.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 7, 2022 11:51

A larger than life character, for sure. Typical Aussie: work hard; play hard! I’m not a fan of cricket, but have always been aware of Shane Warne’s reputation as one of the absolute greats of the sport. He drank heavily; smoked heavily; yet was somehow able to forge such a majestic career. I understand he was really getting in shape recently - he certainly looked good -, but I suppose the lifestyle caught-up. A real shame.

A belated rest in peace, Shane Warne

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: March 7, 2022 12:56

You know you've made it when The Barmy Army (dedicated England cricket fans) chant 'We wish you were English'.

A cricket genius who did a lot for under privileged children, would also ensure that he signed autographs for everyone who waited for him. He gave a lot of his time.

Very sad.

Date: March 7, 2022 13:13

Contrary to some reports, Shane was a casual drinker but a heavy smoker, 40 a day, sadly he hadn't learnt from the statistics.

But this maybe the simpliest display of his gifts, watch how he utterly destroys an opposing player, who happens to be world class, unless he's facing the Wizard

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 13:20 by SKILLS.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 7, 2022 13:56

I.DO.NOT.Understand.This.Game.....and I love and have played baseball, hockey my whole younger college life. Having said that sorry for his passing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-07 13:57 by Rip This.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 7, 2022 14:32

mattstones
You know you've made it when The Barmy Army (dedicated England cricket fans) chant 'We wish you were English'.

A cricket genius who did a lot for under privileged children, would also ensure that he signed autographs for everyone who waited for him. He gave a lot of his time.

Very sad.

Ha..very true.

Last meal was Vegemite on toast...
True sporting superstar, best of his kind.
RIP

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 10, 2022 02:49

yea Shane was a cool dude

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 03:06 by colonial.

Date: March 10, 2022 14:21

When you are awarded a State Funeral & The Great Southern Stand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (The M.C.G. or The G) as described is renamed in your Honour is within 24 hours of your passing, that states your influence

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 17:07

SKILLS
When you are awarded a State Funeral & The Great Southern Stand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (The M.C.G. or The G) as described is renamed in your Honour is within 24 hours of your passing, that states your influence

So very true. And totally and utterly deserved. A wonderful and wondrous cricketer. And a class guy.

Rod

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: March 11, 2022 14:48

Will be the best bowler I will see in my lifetime.

Thanks for the memories & RIP Shane.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home