Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Micks Voice...
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 1, 2022 02:44

Dan
Rockman
Its a wonder Macca doesnt get someone
like Bernard to help him out on live/studio vocals

The drummer sings on most songs. Guess Paul is too cheap is to pay for both.

He only sings on a few. His other guitarist and keyboard player sing backup.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: March 1, 2022 02:50

Dan
Rockman

I feel sorry for McCartney, even more so for his fans. There comes a time to just give it up.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 1, 2022 03:05

Angus MacBagpipe
Dan
Rockman

I feel sorry for McCartney, even more so for his fans. There comes a time to just give it up.

Fortunately for you you don't have or need to spend money on someone that you think should give it up or that you feel sorry for. Which clearly states you miss the entire point of why they're still going but whatever, happy judgement in your world. Look at McCarntey's statistics for his tours and it's clear no one feels sorry. He's not Sinatra. He can still sling it.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 1, 2022 20:45

Rockman

It's time for Kanye whatever his name is/was to join Macca on stage.
Lovely duets, to get Macca through.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 3, 2022 01:51

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-03 01:56 by angee.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 3, 2022 11:05

Mick has been babying his voice for decades, so it is still strong. He must do lots of voice exercises too.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:21

I suppose if you like a nasal, cracked voice skipping between syllables, singing as sparse as possible, his voice is very good. Perhaps better than ever? Like the setlists and their last tour.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:37

triceratops
Mick has been babying his voice for decades, so it is still strong. He must do lots of voice exercises too.

That's the trick exercise, I think it's a daily routine for him

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 3, 2022 18:40

Stoneage
I suppose if you like a nasal, cracked voice skipping between syllables, singing as sparse as possible, his voice is very good. Perhaps better than ever? Like the setlists and their last tour.

That might be an apt description if we discuss, say, the 00's Jagger (especially live the Licks and A Bigger Bang tours). But he has changed his singing technique in the last 10 years or so. Not that much nasal any longer.

- Doxa

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 3, 2022 19:58

Mick is a consummate pro who certainly knows how to care for his instrument (voice) I will also add that IMHO his voice does have highs and lows as far as qualities go (sometimes better than other times )

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 3, 2022 22:08

Keith made an interesting observation once on how Mick's singing changed once he started playing guitar more. He said his voice bounces and floats aground the melody more, like Aretha Franklin. Can't remember if it was in an interview or if it was in LIFE. I think Imagination from '81 is a good example of this.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-04 18:20 by ryanpow.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 4, 2022 13:09

ryanpow
Keith made an interesting observation once on how Mick's singing changed once he started playing guitar more. He said his voice bounced aground the melody more, like Aretha Franklin. Can't remember if it was in an interview or if it was in LIFE. I think Imagination from '81 is a good example of this.
I agree and I never thought of this before but it is true .

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 5, 2022 14:31

It is normal that Mick's voice has changed over time, but it is wrong to compare a studio recording with a live one, because in the studio Mick often records more than one voice, which are superimposed in this way it becomes much more snarling.
However Mick still has a fantastic voice and at his age it's rare.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 5, 2022 14:39

Stoneage
Believe it or not but what you call nasal is actually really good voice technique. In classical singing that is called singing "into the mask" and means using a lot of the resonance areas in your face to naturally amplify the overtones. That means your voice is louder and easier to get through the instruments without straining the vocal folds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-05 14:39 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 5, 2022 15:05

I like Mick's voice much better when he sings rather than shouts. On tapes I heard from the last tour some shows were much better than others in that regard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-05 16:42 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 5, 2022 16:41

StonedRambler
Stoneage
Believe it or not but what you call nasal is actually really good voice technique. In classical singing that is called singing "into the mask" and means using a lot of the resonance areas in your face to naturally amplify the overtones. That means your voice is louder and easier to get through the instruments without straining the vocal folds.

Sure, if you believe that. Whatever keeps your glass half full.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 5, 2022 16:49

Stoneage
StonedRambler
Stoneage

I had a lot of vocal lessons in my life to know this. Here's a video that shows it and demonstrates the effect: [youtu.be]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2022 17:00

StonedRambler
Stoneage
StonedRambler
Stoneage

I had a lot of vocal lessons in my life to know this. Here's a video that shows it and demonstrates the effect: [youtu.be]

Well, you can both be right here clearly. Mick probably used this for awhile and then adapted it. I agree when he was strictly nasal it didn't sound good but he's modified it and now whatever the hell he's doing he's singing better than any of his contemporaries.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home