Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Midnight Oil - "Resist: The Final Tour" North America/Europe 2022
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 25, 2022 21:19

Re: OT: Midnight Oil - "Resist: The Final Tour" North America/Europe 2022
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 25, 2022 22:41

Wow...I must admit I haven't followed their career closely since Burning Oil and Blue Sky Mine and seeing them in Vancouver at the Orpheum, fresh out of Univeristy in I think 1988...they were fantastic.

Could help but notice they're kicking it off in Vancouver in June.

Makes you a bit wistful to see it come to an end...but I guess that was almost 2 generations ago.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2022 22:50

Really liked these two albums too. I finally saw them in 2017, wouldn't mind going back this year especially since the new album is really good.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: February 25, 2022 23:55

Seen them live many times since the 80's, most recently in 2017. One of my all time favorite live bands, probably top 5. Happy to see them coming back to the States, likely for the last time.

Another great Aussie band Hoodoo Gurus on the road soon too I hope.

HBK

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:04

I had tickets for Hoodoo Gurus in Seattle but they cancelled. I would love to go see the Oils in Vancouver but physically I can't do the travel the way things are.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:12

Just bought a ticket for Leipzig. Hopefully the Stones won't ruin my plans.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:37

treaclefingers
Wow...I must admit I haven't followed their career closely since Burning Oil and Blue Sky Mine and seeing them in Vancouver at the Orpheum, fresh out of Univeristy in I think 1988...they were fantastic.

Makes you a bit wistful to see it come to an end...but I guess that was almost 2 generations ago.

I remember CFOX used to play them a lot back in the late 80s. They did a concert on Vancouver Island to protest the logging at Clayquot Sound back then. I never was a big fan of theirs though.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 26, 2022 00:45

Great band. Worth the price of admission for sure. Someone in the band died recently...Bones? I'd have to look it up but still should be good with Jim, Peter and Rob doing their thing.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: February 26, 2022 02:38

Sweet

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2022 02:41

DGA35
treaclefingers

I remember CFOX used to play them a lot back in the late 80s. They did a concert on Vancouver Island to protest the logging at Clayquot Sound back then. I never was a big fan of theirs though.

I think I remember that. I believe that's when I learned the singer, Peter(?), was actually a lawyer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home