Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283Next
Current Page: 81 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 29, 2022 18:43

Bring on ' em vaults! Just do not let Sam mix them....

I would love Wiltern or Double Door, or even better: Licks theatre 2003 or Paris
No Filter III. That would get me Rox off!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-29 18:43 by MadMax.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 18:47

MadMax
Bring on ' em vaults! Just do not let Sam mix them....

I would love Wiltern or Double Door, or even better: Licks theatre 2003 or Paris
No Filter III. That would get me Rox off!!

The Sam Wheat Wiltern mix is quite good!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 15, 2022 20:25

Mojo magazine, January 2023

Date: November 15, 2022 22:02

Cristiano Radtke

Mojo magazine, January 2023

I really would like to hear the 1977 shows from a Montreal club. Never heard of them.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 30, 2022 18:06

My Spotify top 100 for this year just got released...

The song I listened to the most was Hot Stuff from El Mo!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-30 18:07 by Topi.

Date: November 30, 2022 18:11

Topi
My Spotify top 100 for this year just got released...

The song I listened to the most was Hot Stuff from El Mo!

Same here! Probably because it was released before the album and it's really a fantastic version.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 30, 2022 18:22

No kidding.

But don't tell anyone that 3 of my top 5 songs this year were Beatles songs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-30 18:29 by Topi.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 30, 2022 18:54

I'm still listening to it. I'm not sure we'll ever get as amazing a release as El Mocambo for the Stones, ever. I can't even imagine what would be left of that magnitude. The Golden Era Stones, live, with something to prove. Now that I have it, I realize Love You Live was a big mistake. El Mocambo should have been the release.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 1, 2022 06:33

24FPS
I'm still listening to it. I'm not sure we'll ever get as amazing a release as El Mocambo for the Stones, ever. I can't even imagine what would be left of that magnitude. The Golden Era Stones, live, with something to prove. Now that I have it, I realize Love You Live was a big mistake. El Mocambo should have been the release.

True. But you weren't around then nor had spent the time and money recording X amount of shows from 2 tours for a live album!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 1, 2022 11:54

24FPS

I'm as keen as anybody to get a proper El Mocombo release ...but I don't think that LYL was a "mistake" .

Three sides of that album document the typical shows that most of us attended on those tours...so in that respect the release has to be valid.

[...though subject of course to our usual over critical nit picking of every live release since Got Live.... grinning smiley]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 1, 2022 12:53

Spud
24FPS

I'm as keen as anybody to get a proper El Mocombo release ...but I don't think that LYL was a "mistake" .

Three sides of that album document the typical shows that most of us attended on those tours...so in that respect the release has to be valid.

[...though subject of course to our usual over critical nit picking of every live release since Got Live.... grinning smiley]

I agree -the main issue with LYL was 'side 2', with the clinical FF, TD and the bland YGM. The other two sides with 75/76 material is excellent, and the Mocambo side is fantastic.

Mathijs

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 1, 2022 15:23

24FPS
Things must always be contextualised, in my opinion LYL was perfect in 1977, I don't know how commercially productive El Mocambo would have been.
Mind you ... I love El Mocambo, but I have always considered LYL (along with Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out) the best live ever.
It is wrong to compare LYL with El Mocambo live because they are two different albums, the first one tries to reproduce the stadium tour of those years, there is only one side of disc 2 of the concert of El Mocambo, while this live El Mocambo is the whole amazing concert.
Now I'm happy to have them both!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 1, 2022 17:10

Vinyl is at $62.00 on Amazon prime in USA. Ordered another copy for myself

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: December 1, 2022 17:15

Mathijs
Spud
24FPS

Three sides of that album document the typical shows that most of us attended on those tours...so in that respect the release has to be valid. I agree but J like tumbling dice, especially the guitars

I agree -the main issue with LYL was 'side 2', with the clinical FF, TD and the bland YGM. The other two sides with 75/76 material is excellent, and the Mocambo side is fantastic.

Mathijs

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 1, 2022 21:58

Bashlets
Vinyl is at $62.00 on Amazon prime in USA. Ordered another copy for myself

thank you very much!

now i can get my first copysmiling smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 2, 2022 02:12

Testify
24FPS
Things must always be contextualised, in my opinion LYL was perfect in 1977, I don't know how commercially productive El Mocambo would have been.
Mind you ... I love El Mocambo, but I have always considered LYL (along with Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out) the best live ever.
It is wrong to compare LYL with El Mocambo live because they are two different albums, the first one tries to reproduce the stadium tour of those years, there is only one side of disc 2 of the concert of El Mocambo, while this live El Mocambo is the whole amazing concert.

I thought LYL sucked when I bought it in 1977. Things had been going downhill since Exile and LYL just didn't cut it. The only good thing was the El Mocambo side 3 cuts. They really stuck out from the rest of the package. I went back and listened to LYL to make sure time hadn't changed my opinion. Maybe there were better shows they could have picked from. As it was, they were really weak. I was greatly relieved when Some Girls came out and resurrected the band's reputation.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 2, 2022 13:49

El Mocambo vinyl is eighty-odd quid on Amazon UK ...

....They're havin' a laugh . I simply can't afford that .sad smiley

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: December 2, 2022 14:02

Testify

+1
back than most likely we would not have appreciated the club gig as it is but now, owning tons of concerts, we do very much

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 2, 2022 18:15

Spud

Neon-Vinyl € 76.99 (~ £ 66) - [www.Bravado.de] . Black Vinyl € 69.99 (~ £ 60) - [www.Bravado.de] . There're also Neon-Bundles with T-Shirt or Slipmat for € 89.99.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-02 18:30 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 2, 2022 20:06

I love the slipmat and really wanted it, but couldn't see paying the extra for it when I don't have a record player as yet.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 2, 2022 21:10

Irix
Spud

Neon-Vinyl € 76.99 (~ £ 66) - [www.Bravado.de] . Black Vinyl € 69.99 (~ £ 60) - [www.Bravado.de] . There're also Neon-Bundles with T-Shirt or Slipmat for € 89.99.

Fantastic...BUT...they won't back out VAT which means I may pay double tax plus the shipping is 37 Euros. Yikes. Might have to see if I can get a bit better price.

Posted by: michielz ()
Date: December 3, 2022 13:15

Listened to El Mocambo in the car yesterday. Really love tracks like Hot Stuff, Worried about you and Melody. Must have been one of the grooviest rockbands on the planet at that time. Bill's bassplaying is really great on those tracks.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 3, 2022 19:21

Currently on Amazon us 4 LPs for $62

Date: December 14, 2022 21:29

well my copy arrived today and looks great and all

but every single record on both sides is covered in large visible spots of deeply imbedded fine dust

i mean it's nothing that i can't clean out with some effort but i would have excepted this being a new record and all that originally sold for like $150 it would have had more attention given to whether or not the records being shipped out where filthy with dust

anyone else have this problem?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 14, 2022 21:36

ProfessorWolf

but every single record on both sides is covered in large visible spots of deeply imbedded fine dust

i mean it's nothing that i can't clean out with some effort but i would have excepted this being a new record and all that originally sold for like $150 it would have had more attention given to whether or not the records being shipped out where filthy with dust

Mine looked fine, but I got the colored vinyl, so it would be harder to tell than if it were black vinyl.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 14, 2022 21:52

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. It landed at JFK airport on the 5th, but it doesn't seem to have moved from there since...........

Date: December 14, 2022 21:55

NashvilleBlues
ProfessorWolf

Mine looked fine, but I got the colored vinyl, so it would be harder to tell than if it were black vinyl.

yes that would make it harder to see but believe me you would definitely hear it still

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: December 14, 2022 21:56

NashvilleBlues

How does the colored vinyl sound I wonder?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 14, 2022 21:58

ProfessorWolf
NashvilleBlues
ProfessorWolf

yes that would make it harder to see but believe me you would definitely hear it still

I can't remember mine crackling and popping upon first listen.

It does seem that some of my black vinyl attracts dust more than others. Is that a thing, or am I crazy?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 14, 2022 22:26

24FPS

I couldn't imagine El Mocambo having the appreciation back in 1977 that it has now.

El Mocambo should have been side 4 as a bonus side since it didn't fit well in the missiles of an entirely different vibe.

Spud

Mathijs

Mathijs

The edited Fingerprint File I didn't care for on LYL even though I loved it on It's Only Rock and Roll. Fingerprint File was great when the LA '75 shows were released.

I remember a friend of mine being disappointed the first time we heard LYL on the radio. He was looking for YaYas #2.

I always thought Love You Love would have be very hot as a single album but I'm glad to have all of the songs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283Next
Current Page: 81 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home