Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283Next
Current Page: 80 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 15, 2022 22:12

Mathijs
24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Expanding on what Doxa said, it is a pity that El Mocambo wasn't released in total, in place of Love You Live. LYL is what started the whole 'Vegas' Stones talk. It felt contrived, and lacked excitement. El Mocambo brought them back to that compressed feeling of being on a small stage. (Something they replicated with good effect with Sticky Fingers at the Fonda).

LYL was from 1975 and '76 shows. The Stones had already moved past that sound to a leaner, more muscular sound on El Mocambo. And Ronnie was totally integrated by 1977.

I've never seen/heard it that way ie Vegas. Upon a few years later, it was the 1989-90 tours that started the Vegas bit.

I first heard the Vegas Stones reference in the late 70s. And LYL is what kicked it off. SFTD and IORR are mediocre at best. We just got El Mocambo, and didn't get Live in Texas until 2011, so the general Stones public had nothing to compare it to.

The 'Vegas' reference didn't even exist in the late 1970's.

Mathijs

I certainly remember it. And thinking it when I heard a King Biscuit replay of a '78 concert.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 15, 2022 22:52

Spud
The difference between LYL and Live In Texas is essentially that they are respectively pre and post "Punk " .

The Stones "moving with the times and fashions "...which they've usualy been quite good at .
Iprefer the 1975 tour over the so called punk tour of 1978. LYL is mostly 1976. Keith was great on the 1975 tour, but on the 1976 tour he seemed really wasted.But still quite good.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 16, 2022 05:02

24FPS
Mathijs
24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Expanding on what Doxa said, it is a pity that El Mocambo wasn't released in total, in place of Love You Live. LYL is what started the whole 'Vegas' Stones talk. It felt contrived, and lacked excitement. El Mocambo brought them back to that compressed feeling of being on a small stage. (Something they replicated with good effect with Sticky Fingers at the Fonda).

LYL was from 1975 and '76 shows. The Stones had already moved past that sound to a leaner, more muscular sound on El Mocambo. And Ronnie was totally integrated by 1977.

I've never seen/heard it that way ie Vegas. Upon a few years later, it was the 1989-90 tours that started the Vegas bit.

I first heard the Vegas Stones reference in the late 70s. And LYL is what kicked it off. SFTD and IORR are mediocre at best. We just got El Mocambo, and didn't get Live in Texas until 2011, so the general Stones public had nothing to compare it to.

Mathijs

I certainly remember it. And thinking it when I heard a King Biscuit replay of a '78 concert.

So... is there a link? What you were thinking in 1978 doesn't exactly equate to the term. So if the term was used and you heard it on a King Biscuit replay of a 1978 show... please share.

There was nothing Vegas about them then. Way far away from that still.

Date: September 17, 2022 03:07

GasLightStreet
24FPS
Mathijs
24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Mathijs

So... is there a link? What you were thinking in 1978 doesn't exactly equate to the term. So if the term was used and you heard it on a King Biscuit replay of a 1978 show... please share.

It might have been a replay of '75 concert, where they indeed did not sound impressive. I don't know about Europe '76, but '75 was truly uninspired.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 17, 2022 17:09

24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Mathijs
24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Mathijs

It might have been a replay of '75 concert, where they indeed did not sound impressive. I don't know about Europe '76, but '75 was truly uninspired.

King Biscuit never had any 1975 or 1976 material.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 19, 2022 14:31

24FPS

What a load of bollocks, the 1975 tour was fantastic, truly a magnificent tour.

Mathijs

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 19, 2022 16:58

Mathijs
24FPS

Mathijs

Specialy the first 3 weeks !!

Date: September 19, 2022 17:27

AntoineParis
Mathijs
24FPS

Mathijs

Specialy the first 3 weeks !!
Keith and Ronnie were great on that tour.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 19, 2022 17:31

The band (especially with Billy Preston and Ollie Brown) was groovin' the hell out of that tour! Only Mick with his cocaine-vocals was the weak link...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-19 18:09 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: September 24, 2022 15:02

Paul Kersey
Love You Live is a great live album. Not sure why some people dislike it. Best live versions of SFTD and IORR. Just a shame Hey Negrita wasn't included.

I think it’s fantastic from beginning to end. In fact, way back in the 80’s when I was a freshman in high school, our art teacher allowed us all to bring in our favorite album to play during class. It was a really hard decision but went with LYL side 3/4. I loved all the warhorses but was also really into Crackin Uo and Around and Around. My classmates seemed a bit surprised when Mannish Boy started playing. They definitely didn’t know side 3, but I think they liked it smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2022 23:51

I do hope that Ollie's
mum chose the right gal for him .....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 24, 2022 23:55

Mathijs
24FPS

Mathijs

Really? The 1975 L.A. Forum show, the only representation we have, was lackluster at best. From '69 to '89, I'd say it was their weakest American tour.

Date: September 26, 2022 12:37

24FPS
Mathijs
24FPS

Mathijs

Really? The 1975 L.A. Forum show, the only representation we have, was lackluster at best. From '69 to '89, I'd say it was their weakest American tour.

The released LA Friday show (7/13) is superb, one of their best ever shows.

Mathijs

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 26, 2022 13:04

The 1975 tour is one of the best tours they did. Had everything I love about the Stones. I'd love an official release from the beginning of the tour.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 26, 2022 13:40

I know I state the obvious, but there is not such a thing as a bad Stones tour.

And if there ever was one, for sure that's not the 75 tour!!!

C

Date: September 26, 2022 14:24

Mathijs
24FPS
Mathijs
24FPS

Mathijs

The released LA Friday show (7/13) is superb, one of their best ever shows.

Mathijs
1975 is a fantastic tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-26 16:20 by Taylor1.

Date: September 26, 2022 15:07

<The 1975 L.A. Forum show, the only representation we have>

As you know, we got two shows on the From The Vault-release. One on the album, and another one on the DVD.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 26, 2022 15:17

DandelionPowderman

As you know, we got two shows on the From The Vault-release. One on the album, and another one on the DVD.[/quote

The japanese deluxe edition got both shows on CDs. And for the July 13 show you can even choose between a Bob Clearmountain and a Sam Wheat mix. Honestly here I prefer the Sam Wheat mix.

Date: September 26, 2022 15:41

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

As you know, we got two shows on the From The Vault-release. One on the album, and another one on the DVD.[/quote

The japanese deluxe edition got both shows on CDs. And for the July 13 show you can even choose between a Bob Clearmountain and a Sam Wheat mix. Honestly here I prefer the Sam Wheat mix.

That's a first! grinning smiley

Date: September 26, 2022 16:12

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

Is the DVD show as released on CD downloadable somewhere?

Mathijs

Date: September 26, 2022 16:14

DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

As you know, we got two shows on the From The Vault-release. One on the album, and another one on the DVD.

Actually not if you look at the old thread [iorr.org]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 26, 2022 16:16

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

Actually not if you look at the old thread [iorr.org]

Ironically Sam Wheat did some excellent mixes in the beginning, the Hyde Park one was also excellent. Then somehow he must have got deaf

Date: September 26, 2022 16:18

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman

Is the DVD show as released on CD downloadable somewhere?

Mathijs

Not official but your E-mail is hidden...

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 26, 2022 16:28

The Japanese Silver Bonus CDs

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 26, 2022 16:50

UrbanSteel

Now THAT would have been an item to have in the collection!!!! When they have their sale again this year (I'm assuming they do it annually?), I'm going to grab all the ones they still have that I'm missing still. Going to be a pretty penny, but dammit, I gotta fill in the gaps!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 26, 2022 19:21

VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel

Now THAT would have been an item to have in the collection!!!! When they have their sale again this year (I'm assuming they do it annually?), I'm going to grab all the ones they still have that I'm missing still. Going to be a pretty penny, but dammit, I gotta fill in the gaps!!! grinning smiley
Hate to tell you, but you will not be able to do that. These extra CDs were in big fancy box WRDZZ-163 which is sold out for awhile.
[wardrecords.com]
You must be extremely lucky to get one on the secondary market.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 26, 2022 21:53

Yes, I know this one is gone, but there are still several others that I don't have that I can pick up. That's what I'd meant. I've bought some from them over the years, but they get pricey fast, so I've only bought a couple at a time.

Date: September 29, 2022 16:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-01 13:52 by Mathijs.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 29, 2022 17:42

A strange message at Steve Hoffman's music forum
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
________
TributoBar posted a message claiming the release of another live show, coupled with a Love you Live image.
Time for Paris/Knebworth 76 to pair with El Mocambo?
________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-29 17:43 by ironbelly.

Date: September 29, 2022 18:22

ironbelly
A strange message at Steve Hoffman's music forum
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
________
TributoBar posted a message claiming the release of another live show, coupled with a Love you Live image.
Time for Paris/Knebworth 76 to pair with El Mocambo?
________

See Here:

[www.instagram.com]

El Mocambo was first mentioned from the 40x5 tributo bar but this time no real hint what it could be!

My bet is Wiltern 2002

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283Next
Current Page: 80 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home