Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 22, 2022 09:41

Taylor1
Melody is a lame song, written mostly by Billy Preston .I don’t hear this live version improving on that.

If anyone wanted your opinion they'd ask.

No one asked.

And your opinion is wrong.

Date: June 22, 2022 09:43

Taylor1
ryanpow
Taylor1
Melody is a lame song

On Opposite Day...
On any day.The music was written by Preston , as Bill Wyman has said.His piano and vocals dominate the live version.At least on the studio version Keith plays some nice licks. El Mocambo has some songs which are as good as anything they have done live,like Hot Stuff , Hand of Fate, Tumbling Dice.It also has lame stuff likeMelodyand Worried Life Blues. It also has a weak version of Let’s Spend the Night Together

Any live performance/recording of Heartbreaker from 1973 is awful thanks to Mick Taylor just flim flamming about.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2022 09:58

GasLightStreet
Taylor1
Melody is a lame song, written mostly by Billy Preston .I don’t hear this live version improving on that.

No one asked.

Brothers & sisters, what for are we fighting?

And you know, whatever, Melody, it was her second name, so we should just get over it. What was her first name BTW?

Date: June 22, 2022 10:13

<His piano and vocals dominate the live version>

It's a piano song, so it's gonna dominate all versions.

Mick does the lead vocals, so those are dominating, of course.

Here's the song Melody is inspired by, Do You Love Me.

Is it maybe that you don't like: that they used a Preston-tune as a template for doing their own? Personally, I find Melody an excellent jazzy blues tune.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 22, 2022 12:08

GasLightStreet
Taylor1

No one asked.

It's an opinion. How can that be wrong?

Don't like the song either by the way. Weird, jazzy demo-ish album filler if you ask me. Top 10 least favorite Stones tracks in my opinion.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 12:36

What does Mick Taylor have to do with Melody, a lame song written by Billy Preston. Ahundred years from now, people will still be listening to the best Stones music with Taylor. Yeah.

Date: June 22, 2022 12:44

Taylor1
What does Mick Taylor have to do with Melody, a lame song written by Billy Preston. A hundred years from now, people will still be listening to the best Stones music with Taylor. Yeah.

Or, perhaps more likely, they will be listening to the hits, which mainly stem from the Brian era smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 22, 2022 13:04

So a hundred years from now,
people will be listening to 100 Years Ago ..... HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: June 22, 2022 13:24

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
What does Mick Taylor have to do with Melody, a lame song written by Billy Preston. A hundred years from now, people will still be listening to the best Stones music with Taylor. Yeah.

Or, perhaps more likely, they will be listening to the hits, which mainly stem from the Brian era smiling smiley
I think Sir, they will find some time to listen to Honky Tonk Women, Live With Me,Waiting on a Friend,Sticky Fingers , Exile, Goat IORR,live shows and lots of Ron Woodera stuff as well. Why do always have to diminish the contributions of little Mick on this site.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-22 13:46 by Taylor1.

Date: June 22, 2022 13:28

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
A hundred years from now, people will still be listening to the best Stones music with Taylor. Yeah.

Most likely "I can't get no Satisfaction", "Honky Tonk Women" and "Paint it Black" only.

If there is a hundred years from now. winking smiley

Date: June 22, 2022 13:36

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1
A hundred years from now, people will still be listening to the best Stones music with Taylor. Yeah.

Most likely "I can't get no Satisfaction", "Honky Tonk Women" and "Paint it Black" only.

If there is a hundred years from now. winking smiley
That’s it in a hundred years?

Date: June 22, 2022 14:00

Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

I think Sir, they will find some time to listen to Honky Tonk Women, Live With Me,Waiting on a Friend,Sticky Fingers , Exile, Goat IORR,live shows and lots of Ron Woodera stuff as well. Why do always have to diminish the contributions of little Mick on this site.

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 22, 2022 14:25

GasLightStreet

Any live performance/recording of Heartbreaker from 1973 is awful thanks to Mick Taylor just flim flamming about.

The 1973-09-09 Wembley rendition awaits you in the listening room... cool smiley

I'll give to you that Mick's "yeah yeah" at the end of MT's soloing can be read as a "shut up you've played enough. We're not Pink Floyd!".

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: June 22, 2022 14:36

This thread should get closed.
It has turned into a field of destructive words, blaming and this useless "I know how the world is and if you don't believe me you don't deserve to talk".
I'm sorry but I find this is a reason to laugh about.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 22, 2022 17:00

micha063
It has turned into a field of destructive words, blaming and this useless "I know how the world is and if you don't believe me you don't deserve to talk".

Stop already with the squealing to shut down threads. It happens too much here. If people have a problem with a person then deal with it however it makes you happy. This is a good thread. For the record in all the years I've been here, I've NEVER reported a thread as "offensive". I don't even know how. I just leave it or say my piece. We are adults here.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 22, 2022 18:25

Rockman
So a hundred years from now,
people will be listening to 100 Years Ago ..... HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think you just broke the internet.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 28, 2022 05:29

i'm still playing this album EVERY day - but......

how
could
they
omit wyman
from
the
sleeve???

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 28, 2022 05:30

The Sicilian
micha063

Stop already with the squealing to shut down threads. It happens too much here. If people have a problem with a person then deal with it however it makes you happy. This is a good thread. For the record in all the years I've been here, I've NEVER reported a thread as "offensive". I don't even know how. I just leave it or say my piece. We are adults here.

could not agree more-

Date: June 28, 2022 06:17

ribbelchips
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

No one asked.

It's an opinion. How can that be wrong?

Opinions aren't based on fact, which is why they can be wrong just as much as they can be right, and in this instance, it is wrong.

There's no accounting for taste. Hootie And The Blowfish is a perfect example of wrong, Miss You is a perfect example of right.

Date: June 28, 2022 06:21

Taylor1
What does Mick Taylor have to do with Melody, a lame song written by Billy Preston. Ahundred years from now, people will still be listening to the best Stones music with Taylor. Yeah.

What does Taylor1 have to do with posting anything that doesn't involve Mick Taylor, who noodled incessantly in 1972-73, about a song that has nothing to do with Mick Taylor?

A hundred years from now people will still be listening to the best music with Ronnie Wood. Oh yeah.

Date: June 28, 2022 06:25

micha063

You are free to:

Not look at it

Not read it

Not be involved with it

Not express

Not respond

Go somewhere else

If you can't handle people sticking up for the 1975-onward era of The Rolling Stones, regardless of it being a great tune like Melody or anything else, well... figure it out.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 28, 2022 06:36

GasLightStreet
Taylor1

What does Taylor1 have to do with posting anything that doesn't involve Mick Taylor, who noodled incessantly in 1972-73, about a song that has nothing to do with Mick Taylor?

A hundred years from now people will still be listening to the best music with Ronnie Wood. Oh yeah.

For a guy that calls himself Taylor1 he’s pretty uneducated in Rolling Stones history. I’m serious. He posts a lot but doesnt say anything knowledgeable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-29 00:29 by Cooltoplady.

Date: June 28, 2022 09:56

Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

For a guy that calls himself Taylor1 he’s pretty uneducated in Rolling Stones history. I’m serious. He posts a lot but Durant say anything knowledgeable

He's getting there, like we all did at some point smiling smiley

Date: June 28, 2022 13:01

There are no destructive words used here. Just some hardcore fans disagreeing. No reason to shut down a solid thread. IORR can't become one of those places where all you're allowed to comment is "stunning", "Jawdropping"

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 28, 2022 15:29

Palace Revolution 2000
There are no destructive words used here. Just some hardcore fans disagreeing. No reason to shut down a solid thread. IORR can't become one of those places where all you're allowed to comment is "stunning", "Jawdropping"

"If anyone wanted your opinion they'd ask.

No one asked."

These are offensive words . I wish he would stop that.

Let´s battle without being offensive.

Personally I love MELODY. I prefer studio because of the more present guitars and the great lick of the horns.
But it´s nice to have a not messed up version (1999) now.

Date: June 29, 2022 00:12

Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

For a guy that calls himself Taylor1 he’s pretty uneducated in Rolling Stones history. I’m serious. He posts a lot but Durant say anything knowledgeable
I know more about the Stones than you ever will.Please tell me what I have stated here that is not true about their history.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 29, 2022 00:31

Taylor1
Cooltoplady
GasLightStreet
Taylor1

I know more about the Stones than you ever will.Please tell me what I have stated here that is not true about their history.

How childish. I know more than you do I know more than you do. Grow up.

Date: June 29, 2022 07:43

deardoctor
Palace Revolution 2000

"If anyone wanted your opinion they'd ask.

No one asked."

These are offensive words . I wish he would stop that.

Let´s battle without being offensive.

Personally I love MELODY. I prefer studio because of the more present guitars and the great lick of the horns.
But it´s nice to have a not messed up version (1999) now.

You're correct - Taylor1's words are offensive... in the context of Stones discussion.

But.

He's a Stones fan! So it's all good!

Date: June 30, 2022 12:50

hbwriter
i'm still playing this album EVERY day - but......

how
could
they
omit wyman
from
the
sleeve???

I'm asking myself now if it is a legal matter. They must have learned a lesson when revisiting these albums/ boots for reissues. To realize how vital Taylor, Jones and Wyman have been to their most iconic material.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2022 12:56

Starfoooker & Jumpy Jack are down right dangerous ...

Special care if driving .... these tracks cause road-rage

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home