Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Date: May 25, 2022 16:31

Hand of Fate on repeat for 2 weeks now.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 25, 2022 17:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Hand of Fate on repeat for 2 weeks now.

No wonder, as this version ranks very high in the list of the Stones' best ever live moments imo!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 25, 2022 17:23

Strake me, dahling!

Date: May 25, 2022 17:33

NashvilleBlues
The Stones were peaking all over this release. They have had other peaks, but if El Mo isn’t the epitome of rock n roll, I don’t know what is.

We need like a TU type key for IORR site. Couldn't agree more with your statement "If this isn't the epitome of rock'n roll I don't know what is". !!!

PS I do think there are overdubs on this set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 17:34 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: May 25, 2022 19:48

Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues
The Stones were peaking all over this release. They have had other peaks, but if El Mo isn’t the epitome of rock n roll, I don’t know what is.

We need like a TU type key for IORR site. Couldn't agree more with your statement "If this isn't the epitome of rock'n roll I don't know what is". !!!

There are overdubs. Check out Worried Life Blues. Likely intended for LYL.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 25, 2022 20:23

DandelionPowderman

Ah interesting theory! Though I consider it really subpar compared to the other covers of 50's (or huh... 40's) goldies.

Date: May 25, 2022 20:37

dcba
DandelionPowderman

Ah interesting theory! Though I consider it really subpar compared to the other covers of 50's (or huh... 40's) goldies.

Obviously the Stones did, too smiling smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 25, 2022 21:26

Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues

Yes, though there are overdubs on the almighty Ya Ya's as well, I believe? Takes nothing away from the greatness for me.

El Mocambo reminds me why I became a fan in the first place. I love it.

Interesting that some of the 'Love You Live' banter is now gone ("ol' bums are us Jagger 'ere" and "I wouldn't say he was open for office, up for grabs but not open for office" or something to that effect....maybe that stuff was from March 5th?) This is going to be easily my favorite archive release of the Wood era if not all-time.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 25, 2022 21:35

"open for offers"

Missing all the intros.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 25, 2022 22:57

floodonthepage
Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues

Yes, though there are overdubs on the almighty Ya Ya's as well, I believe? Takes nothing away from the greatness for me.

Interesting that some of the 'Love You Live' banter is now gone ("ol' bums are us Jagger 'ere" and "I wouldn't say he was open for office, up for grabs but not open for office" or something to that effect....maybe that stuff was from March 5th?) This is going to be easily my favorite archive release of the Wood era if not all-time.

Didn't he say, "Ron Wood's gay," on LYL? Probably why they cut it out, I'm guessing.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 23:32

NashvilleBlues
floodonthepage
Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues

Didn't he say, "Ron Wood's gay," on LYL? Probably why they cut it out, I'm guessing.
Yes, that and Bill looking at girls legs .I thought they were stupid anyway.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 23:48

Taylor1
NashvilleBlues
floodonthepage
Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues

Yes, that and Bill looking at girls legs .I thought they were stupid anyway.

The band introductions plus the Love You Live version of Little Red Rooster come from the first night, March 4th. This release is the complete March 5th concert in addition to 3 bonus tracks from the first night.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 26, 2022 00:25

Try doin' aerobics ta Dance Lil' Sister ....

watch that lower back ole boy ....HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 26, 2022 02:03

And I know it's been said already but what a testimonial to the power of Bill Wyman. Greatly missed. In all of my Stones shows (22 over 30 years) I only saw Bill once, but glad to have at least seen him once.

And of course, it goes without saying.....the almighty Charlie. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-26 02:48 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 26, 2022 02:48

Yes the absolute power of Bill Wyman - he'll always be greatly missed, and the Stones have never been quite the same without him both live and in the studio.
They could have at least included a picture of him somewhere in this release considering his essential and indispensable presence.

Date: May 26, 2022 02:58

Hairball
Yes the absolute power of Bill Wyman - he'll always be greatly missed, and the Stones have never been quite the same without him both live and in the studio.
They could have at least included a picture of him somewhere in this release considering his essential and indispensable presence.

Agree 100%

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 03:12

Hairball
If you remove his bass from these live songs when listening to them the bottom falls out and they lose that unique Stones sound

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 26, 2022 03:26

Hairball

Bill is not dumb at this age. I am sure he has his lawyers methodically out collecting wot is his. The ironic part is he can never spend this much. It all goes to worthless heirs.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 26, 2022 03:41

floodonthepage
Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues

Bum's rush.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 26, 2022 07:41

GasLightStreet
floodonthepage
Palace Revolution 2000
NashvilleBlues

Bum's rush.

BUMs R US

Date: May 26, 2022 10:00

...wanna have a go Ronnie ???? .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 12:14

Taylor1
Hairball
If you remove his bass from these live songs when listening to them the bottom falls out and they lose that unique Stones sound

AGREE 100%

Date: May 26, 2022 12:33

Its quite on the cards that Bill
no longer wants to be associated with
THEE GREATEST ROCK n ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD .... hence no photo

ROCKMAN

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: May 26, 2022 14:29

Met him at a book signing once and he refused to sign any photos, albums, etc., from his Stones era - anything later was fine.

Date: May 26, 2022 14:42

... there ya go ... speaks volumes

ROCKMAN

Date: May 26, 2022 15:07

A while back there was an excellent thread transcribing the between song chatter on LYL, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 26, 2022 16:13

Elmo Lewis
A while back there was an excellent thread transcribing the between song chatter on LYL, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 26, 2022 18:28

Does Jagger say "tout le long de la ligne" (all down the line in french) during the second verse?

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 26, 2022 19:09

hbwriter
Does Jagger say "tout le long de la ligne" (all down the line in french) during the second verse?

I hear "Yeah, hear the women sighing, singing sha la le.." which is kind of a quote from the early version of the song.

Date: May 26, 2022 20:28

z
Elmo Lewis

[iorr.org]

Thank you!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home