Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 21, 2022 19:40

but is there really anyone who is still interested in sales? When the Stones were noisy to sales they were accused of giving too much importance to this aspect, now that they don't it's the fans who worry, weird ... personally I don't give a damn about how much they sell

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 21, 2022 20:47

Testify
but is there really anyone who is still interested in sales? When the Stones were noisy to sales they were accused of giving too much importance to this aspect, now that they don't it's the fans who worry, weird ... personally I don't give a damn about how much they sell

It's the fans who think a bit further who worry because: No sufficient sales = no more releases from the archives - and it will be Greatest Hits compilations and endless recycling of previously released material only from now on - is that what you want?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 21, 2022 21:28

Didn’t Exile Deluxe sell well.They could have celebrated the 50th anniversary of Exile with a great sounding live album and a video of 1972 performances.That would sell okay.That was their mythical tour

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 21, 2022 22:17

Taylor1
Didn’t Exile Deluxe sell well.They could have celebrated the 50th anniversary of Exile with a great sounding live album and a video of 1972 performances.That would sell okay.That was their mythical tour

L and D has been out for a long time. 73 Brussels can’t be beat. Exile deluxe is over with. Pay attention.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 21, 2022 22:42

retired_dog
Testify

It's the fans who think a bit further who worry because: No sufficient sales = no more releases from the archives - and it will be Greatest Hits compilations and endless recycling of previously released material only from now on - is that what you want?
Even less sales and we get a mixer that's even worse than Sam Wheat.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 21, 2022 23:15

Cooltoplady
Taylor1

L and D has been out for a long time. 73 Brussels can’t be beat. Exile deluxe is over with. Pay attention.
I pay attention to the shit sound of the L&G audio release. They have never released anything with good sound quality from the fabulous 1972 tour.Plus the Texas shows were not even the best performances of the tour

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 21, 2022 23:24

I need to thank whoever made this release possible. After all it goes to show you dreams come true.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 21, 2022 23:58

It’s a great release. It’s a real pleasure to get a fresh reminder of one of their many high points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-22 00:00 by bam.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 22, 2022 01:00

Have you guys been following the discussion on the Steve Hoffman forums? Every single new release all they do is complain about compression and reverb. I’m not even saying I disagree completely but it’s just so tiresome and repetitive.

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 22, 2022 01:10

Heck !!! ... hope they dont hear about the wall of bricks ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 22, 2022 01:10

mnewman505
Have you guys been following the discussion on the Steve Hoffman forums? Every single new release all they do is complain about compression and reverb. I’m not even saying I disagree completely but it’s just so tiresome and repetitive.

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
Not more tiresome and repetitive than 'photo of Bill is missing from booklet' winking smiley.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 22, 2022 02:47

Taylor1
Cooltoplady
Taylor1

I pay attention to the shit sound of the L&G audio release. They have never released anything with good sound quality from the fabulous 1972 tour.Plus the Texas shows were not even the best performances of the tour

It would be a good time to release their proposed 1972 album, which I think was taped in Philly, NYC, and maybe a couple of other spots.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-22 02:48 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2022 03:05

TravelinMan
Taylor1
Cooltoplady
Taylor1

It would be a good time to release their proposed 1972 album, which I think was taped in Philly, NYC, and maybe a couple of other spots.

Yes, and consiidering they can't finish a new studio album due to hitting the wall, hope they keep releasing vintage live releases.
And hopefully they'll include photos of Bill in all future booklets.

Re: Stones take El Mocambo into UK Charts
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 22, 2022 06:08

SomeGuy
No 4 in The Netherlands (musta been at least seventeen people bothered to buy it winking smiley
Now, my copy still hasn't arrived (my first order was canceled over some unexplained amazon problem). I have a feeling that the album will be really good.

Unbeknownst to me, an audio rip was included with MOCAMBO. I can listen to it via Amazon Music as well as CD!

Date: May 22, 2022 06:12

Taylor1
In New York , I can download the entire El Mocambo off YouTube or internet postings for free.Does that cut into sales?

Only if you don't buy it. But you downloading it via YouTube counts as one stream per song - which is, what, 14 cents?

YouTube and YouTube Music is no place to have your own music/band period.

Date: May 22, 2022 06:13

StonedRambler
Taylor1
In New York , I can download the entire El Mocambo off YouTube or internet postings for free.Does that cut into sales?
No since I think barely one downloads these tracks from YouTube. Most people will stream it, on Spotify of YouTube and that will get them money.

Spotify and YouTube pay next to nothing. There is no money with those streaming platforms.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 22, 2022 06:59

.... yep zero $$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 22, 2022 07:06

TravelinMan
Taylor1
Cooltoplady
Taylor1

Philly, Houston & Ft. Worth as far as I can recall.

Yes, indeed, it would be a good time to have another "Holy Grail"-kind of release (how many holy grails are left in the vaults anyway after El Mocambo?)!

I understand that El Mocambo was just the first "60th Anniversary" release - so keep your fingers crossed that 1972 will be one of the next.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 22, 2022 07:20

No where near what the top ten Spotify artists but definitely not zero dollars either.

Drake made over $114 Million on Spotify last year as the #1 streaming artist, and BTS made $62+ million at #10.

How much money have the top 10 artists earned on Spotify in 2022?
[routenote.com]

Re: Stones take El Mocambo into UK Charts
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 22, 2022 08:12

GasLightStreet
SomeGuy
No 4 in The Netherlands (musta been at least seventeen people bothered to buy it winking smiley
Now, my copy still hasn't arrived (my first order was canceled over some unexplained amazon problem). I have a feeling that the album will be really good.

Unbeknownst to me, an audio rip was included with MOCAMBO. I can listen to it via Amazon Music as well as CD!

I love when Amazon does that! Was hoping that would be the case the Carla Olsen/MT greatest hits - Sway - but sadly it was not.

Date: May 22, 2022 15:14

It is #1 for the week on CDJapan's website:

=== NO.1 ===
[CD] The Rolling Stones/Live At The El Mocambo
[SHM-CD]
Release: May 13, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.2 ===
[LP] The Clash/Combat Rock
(40th Anniversary Edition Clear Vinyl) [Limited Release]
Release: May 25, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.3 ===
[CD] Iconic/Second Skin
[Japan Bonus Track]
Release: June 17, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.4 ===
[CD] Sheryl Crow/Sheryl: Music From The Feature Documentary
[SHM-CD]
Release: May 18, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.5 ===
[CD] Skagarack/Skagarack
[Limited Release]
Release: March 23, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.6 ===
[CD] China/China
[Limited Release]
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.7 ===
[CD] China/Sign In The Sky
[Limited Release]
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.8 ===
[CD] China/Go All The Way
[Limited Release]
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.9 ===
[CD] JAPAN/GENTLEMEN TAKE POLAROIDS +4
[SHM-CD] [Limited Release] [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)]
Release: June 22, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
=== NO.10 ===
[CD] Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk/Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk
Deluxe Edition [SHM-CD]
Release: May 20, 2022
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 22, 2022 15:48

Really nice to see overwhelming positive reviews of the El Mocambo shows. So far, since its release last week, these are all the reviews that have appeared on my phone (like a lot of fans, I get Rolling Stones content sent to me of some kind or another almost daily):

[americansongwriter.com]

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

[www.rollingstone.com]

[glidemagazine.com]

[variety.com]

[exclaim.ca]

[tinnitist.com]

[www.allmusic.com]

Note to Stones: Keep these vault releases coming! We like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-22 15:51 by Sighunt.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 22, 2022 16:33

I had no idea this record would affect me the way it has - I thought I'd like it ok- but I didn't expect that I'd fall in love with it as I have. The first four songs for me, are the ultimate - the tightness, swagger, confidence yet vulnerability actually brings me to tears- hearing Mick talk to Charlie, the snickers, chuckles and reactions to each other; they are human beings, friends in a band, but also desperately working to hang on and prove something - this record just brought me to my knees. Bravo, men.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 01:40 by hbwriter.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 22, 2022 20:13

mnewman505

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]
That's kinda what that whole Steve Hoffman forum is about. Complaining about the sounds of releases. The people there are mostly audiophiles that are dissatisfied with the sound of everything.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: May 22, 2022 20:32

hbwriter
I had no idea this record would affect me the way it did - I thought I'd like it ok- but I didn't expect that I'd fall in love with it I have. The first four songs for me, are the ultimate - the tightness, swagger, confidence yet vulnerability actually brings me to tears- hearing Mick talk to Charlie, the snickers, chuckles and reactions to each other; they are human beings, friends in a band, but also desperately working to hang on and prove something - this record just brought me to my knees. Bravo, men.

Very well said and observed. Same as you, I expected to enjoy this album but perhaps not spend much time with it. On the contrary, I cannot stop playing it and have completely lost my mind over it. It's a spectacular release, something that the band should be infinitely proud of.

For me, the band at their absolute peak live and the tracklist is beyond perfection. Every time I play it I find something new and unexpected to love. It's just wonderful.

Date: May 22, 2022 22:31

Excellent, most excellent release. They were on fire. Guitars, esp Keith are very good.
It showed me once again that Bill Wyman was the one loss they could never recoup. His playing on '@#$%&' alone is worth the price.
Keith does some great lead guitar on 'Worried Life Blues".
"Hot Stuff", "Luxury", 'Night" are very good.
If I was going to nitpick, I'd have to say that often Billy Preston's piano sounds awful. The actual sound, not the performance.
Would this have been a better live release instead of 'Love you Live'?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:55

Palace Revolution 2000
Excellent, most excellent release. They were on fire. Guitars, esp Keith are very good.
It showed me once again that Bill Wyman was the one loss they could never recoup. His playing on '@#$%&' alone is worth the price.
Keith does some great lead guitar on 'Worried Life Blues".
"Hot Stuff", "Luxury", 'Night" are very good.
If I was going to nitpick, I'd have to say that often Billy Preston's piano sounds awful. The actual sound, not the performance.
Would this have been a better live release instead of 'Love you Live'?

Well speaking as someone who only really actually likes side 3 of LYL, OF COURSE!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2022 23:07

I loved Love You Live in it's entirety when it was released and played all four sides to death, but I was also a bit young and naive back then.
I still like it all to this day, but no doubt El Mocambo as a complete cohesive club show would have been the better choice for a variety of reasons.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 23, 2022 00:25

Hairball
I loved Love You Live in it's entirety when it was released and played all four sides to death, but I was also a bit young and naive back then.
I still like it all to this day, but no doubt El Mocambo as a complete cohesive club show would have been the better choice for a variety of reasons.

I didn’t get Love You Live till the late 90’s, but it will always hold a special place in my heart. In 1999-2000, my junior year at The University of Tennessee, one of the two LYL discs was nearly always in my boombox-like CD player next to my bed. I can still picture the gold tin ashtray next to the CD player. What a wild year.

Date: May 23, 2022 03:48

NashvilleBlues
Hairball

I didn’t get Love You Live till the late 90’s, but it will always hold a special place in my heart. In 1999-2000, my junior year at The University of Tennessee, one of the two LYL discs was nearly always in my boombox-like CD player next to my bed. I can still picture the gold tin ashtray next to the CD player. What a wild year.

We are quite close in age. I graduated college in ‘98. Went to UT’s bitter rival, University of Connecticut. Miss those wild women’s bball games!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home