Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Date: May 13, 2022 08:41

Hairball
Taylor1
Does Wood play the solos on Dance Little Sister.Didn’t Keith play the solo on the album version

I always assumed it was Mick Taylor on the studio version.

One must be deaf not to hear that.winking smiley

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:48

ProfessorWolf
now it's just being released but i predict that this will end up being the most well received release from the stones on this site in a long time

just saying so far not a lotta complaints

Everything alright in the critics section?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:03

keefgotsoul
I believe the Fully Finished outtakes surfaced a year ago? Thinking of those and now this killer El Mocambo release… what a time to be a Stones fan!!

With the loss of charlie in between I wouldn't praise these times that high...

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:06

hockenheim95
keefgotsoul
I believe the Fully Finished outtakes surfaced a year ago? Thinking of those and now this killer El Mocambo release… what a time to be a Stones fan!!

With the loss of charlie in between I wouldn't praise these times that high...

I understand what you mean but I was specifically referring to newly released music obviously.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:12

z
ProfessorWolf
now it's just being released but i predict that this will end up being the most well received release from the stones on this site in a long time

ha!

oh my god why didn't i think of thatgrinning smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:13

z
ProfessorWolf

This is the usual euphoria in the beginning. Then the guys with the dynamic range mesurements come ahead and from there it's downhill winking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:15

treaclefingers
TheBluesHadaBaby
Goddam. I hadn't read any of the 49 pages of anticipation and build-up on this thread. So I just picked up my cds, brought em home, and played thru em (while enjoying a 16 oz double IPA) with no particular expectations.

And... goddam.

This feels like some kinda prize for just living thru a long pandemic.

Play This Record LOUD

and have yourself a party!

I think releasing "Licked Live NYC" on June 10th may not have been a good tactical decision on their part.

oh i don't know

i think it'll sell so well that i'll be able to buy it new on vinyl for $20 by septemberwinking smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:24

Hahaha Stoned Rambler, no shit! Hilarious comment grinning smiley >grinning smiley<

This is the usual euphoria in the beginning. Then the guys with the dynamic range mesurements come ahead and from there it's downhill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-13 09:25 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:32

JMARKO
Is anyone else amazed and remembering that this is a band that hadn't played together for 7 months, and their chief guitarist missed rehearsals?

Yeah, I'm also amazed about this - and also somewhat bewildered at the same time that what we hear here - the actual (perfect) performance and the fantastic setlist - is just a snapshot of two nights only...

Date: May 13, 2022 09:39

gnillor
Let's spend the night together is also on the bootlegs we had, so seemed to be a candidate for the love you live record and maybe was overdubbed. Isn't that mick doing some background vocals, e.g.at 0:43?

It's well possible that far more songs were considered for "Love You Live" and received overdubs here and there, but the only hard fact we know is the El Mocambo acetate which has -apart from the finally released quartet- only two songs more: Route 66 and Dance Little Sister, suggesting that only these two made the final round of considerations.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 13, 2022 09:55

It is almost a shame that this was shelved for 45 years in the vaults. What a great performance and some nice live rareties. Also a big compliment to Bob Clearmountain who mixed it with an experience that the Stones almost play in your living room.
I really hope we will get more audio releases like this mixed by Clearmountain. I would say open the vaults.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 13, 2022 10:40

What A band .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: May 13, 2022 10:59

Love this release! What a fantastic setlist and the boys are in great shape. I can understand why this was held back for so long though. Mick messes up here and there (clearly has problems with the falsetto in both Fool to Cry and Worried about you for example) being the perfectionist that he is..

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 13, 2022 11:05

Fantastic. I love it. Can't wait to hold a physical release in my hands.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: May 13, 2022 12:57

I never thought we'd see this... enjoy everyone!

Date: May 13, 2022 13:07

Mabru
I really hope we will get more audio releases like this mixed by Clearmountain. I would say open the vaults.
I wish too. But Bob seems to be expensive so they take Sam Wheat instead for most releases. Bob made the sound of this recording from 1977 better than all the newer recordings mixed by Sam Wheat (VL Uncut, Copacabana, Atlantic City...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-13 13:11 by StonedRambler.

Date: May 13, 2022 13:19

Mabru
It is almost a shame that this was shelved for 45 years in the vaults. What a great performance and some nice live rareties. Also a big compliment to Bob Clearmountain who mixed it with an experience that the Stones almost play in your living room.

For this it's crucial that this release generates enough sales (either physical product or paid downloads). I know I may sound like a saint here, but it's really essential at this point. Remember the old "Home taping is killing music!"-slogan?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 13, 2022 13:46

WOW!!!! Listening to it now. It's rocking and the sound is unbelievable, better than the bootleg. Keith is super focused as is the band. That night the Stones were the best band in the world!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: May 13, 2022 14:00

peoplewitheyes
Hahaha Stoned Rambler, no shit! Hilarious comment grinning smiley >grinning smiley<

This is the usual euphoria in the beginning. Then the guys with the dynamic range mesurements come ahead and from there it's downhill
That dynamic range guy is gonna come, I garantee
("So disappointed. This release only has DR8")

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:04

On the complete recording my impression is that Mick's voice seems to be underlaid with less reverb. It sounds more like El Mocambo from 1977 on Love You Live. A fantastic performance. Astonishing that these recordings were held back for so long. This would have been a number 1 album in 1977.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:15

El Mocambo 2CD in a special firework design case - Japanese RS 60th Anniversary Edition:

UICY-16065/6 - [iorr.org] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Stones-Hanabi.com] , Large picture .

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:40

Listening now... finally.
On Spotify.
SOUNDS GREAT!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:42

Is it my imagination, or is the bass mixed higher than usual? It sounds amazing!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:50

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()

Everyone wanted a new album. This is your new album. It doesn't get any better then this. From myth to reality the El Mocambo release is sent from the heavens above.

it does sound amazing.
Bill's got such a BOUNCY style

Date: May 13, 2022 14:52

Do BOTH Billy Preston and Stu play keyboards?

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: May 13, 2022 14:57

El Mocambo is feeling like my first high school girlfriend that I was totally totally in love with.

Pureness, butterflies, goosebumps, desire, sleeplessness, energy, worshipping, loyalty, dedication, obsession. El mocambo is entering the world of (first) love.

El Mocambo is life, and beyond.

Date: May 13, 2022 15:16

GUITARISTS sound focused.
Unusually FOCUSED

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2022 15:19

ribbelchips
Love this release! What a fantastic setlist and the boys are in great shape. I can understand why this was held back for so long though. Mick messes up here and there (clearly has problems with the falsetto in both Fool to Cry and Worried about you for example) being the perfectionist that he is..

Love You Live was heavily overdubbed so it would hardly have been an issue (and there are some overdubs left in for this release).

Bizarrely, the Paris and London shows in 1976 were better performances than what is on LYL. The overdubbed singing makes it worse.

There's no reason I can think of why they couldnt have shelved the 1975-76 tapes and released the album we've got this week in 1977 instead. Its pretty much perfect.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home