Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 13, 2022 00:13

schwonek
I can hear Ian Stewart smiling on this one. So great to hear him again.

True! It wouldn't be the same without his great playing.
This is a fantastic record. To me, this is their best live album from the Ronnie era. I haven't had so much fun listening to an archival release from them in many years! Thank you, Rolling Stones! And many thanks to you know who for the early Christmas gift.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 00:16

Mix is terrific
Thanks Bob Clearmountain !

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 13, 2022 00:21

Luxury is one of my favorite songs, so I'm really looking forward to hearing this.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 13, 2022 00:36

On first few listens, comparing the songs to LYL, would it be correct to say that 'Rooster' is a different performance (so, the LYL version is from 4/3/77) but the other 3 songs from that album are the same?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 13, 2022 00:38

Bashlets
I’m happy. Live on NH/ Massachusetts state line and my Amazon says it’s coming today. Hope it’s not an error. Can’t wait to leave work.

Lol I live on the MA/NH state line also. Picking up at Bull Moose tomorrow. Enjoy !!

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: May 13, 2022 01:22

It's midnight.
Just out now on Spotify here in Holland.
Too impatient to wait for the vinyl arriving tomorrow.
Listening for the first time.

TEARS IN MY EYES!

What a band! You make a grown man cry...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 13, 2022 01:32

Gazza
On first few listens, comparing the songs to LYL, would it be correct to say that 'Rooster' is a different performance (so, the LYL version is from 4/3/77) but the other 3 songs from that album are the same?
True, but I love this version of LRR, great!
The whole album is great, great Stones! Killer version of JJF!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:13

Does Wood play the solos on Dance Little Sister.Didn’t Keith play the solo on the album version

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:26

I'm guessing it's 7.5 hours away for me. I just assume it will be available for downloading at midnight Pacific time in the USA.

I'm looking forward to it!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:35

Taylor1
Does Wood play the solos on Dance Little Sister.Didn’t Keith play the solo on the album version

I always assumed it was Mick Taylor on the studio version.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:36

Taylor1

Why would you think that?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:47

I've only heard the samples but I can already tell that is going to be up there with one of the greatest Stones performances they've ever given. I can't say enough how amazing they sound. By 1977, the Stones had something to prove that they weren't an outdated rock band. These two club gigs were the beginning of their emergence again with SOME GIRLS through TATTOO YOU. They sounded young, fresh, full of energy. All they needed to do was perform in front of a very lucky 300 fans to re-capture that magic they had slowly been losing through the mid-70's. This album will surely be on repeat for a long time.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 13, 2022 02:59

This album is just so damn much fun! It immediately occupies a spot in the upper tier of their live albums. The mix sounds perfect through my Sonos Play 5s. Loving this one!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 13, 2022 03:20

Is anyone else amazed and remembering that this is a band that hadn't played together for 7 months, and their chief guitarist missed rehearsals?

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 13, 2022 03:49

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: May 13, 2022 03:54

Goddam. I hadn't read any of the 49 pages of anticipation and build-up on this thread. So I just picked up my cds, brought em home, and played thru em (while enjoying a 16 oz double IPA) with no particular expectations.

And... goddam.

This feels like some kinda prize for just living thru a long pandemic.

Play This Record LOUD

and have yourself a party!

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2022 04:11

TheBluesHadaBaby
Goddam. I hadn't read any of the 49 pages of anticipation and build-up on this thread. So I just picked up my cds, brought em home, and played thru em (while enjoying a 16 oz double IPA) with no particular expectations.

And... goddam.

This feels like some kinda prize for just living thru a long pandemic.

Play This Record LOUD

and have yourself a party!

I think releasing "Licked Live NYC" on June 10th may not have been a good tactical decision on their part.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 13, 2022 04:34

My local record store was kind enough to sell me El Mocambo a day early. Just got through listening to all of it and have to ask- why did it take so long to release this show? One could certainly argue that this whole show should have been released (as a stand alone) rather than attach the 4 tracks to side 3 of Love You Live (because of that, the original album never quite flowed for me).

The playing on El Mocambo is consistently good (and oh yes, the mix and sound quality are fantastic). The "new guy" Ronnie Wood sounds awesome on these tracks. And boy, don't I miss the prior support players-Stu, Billy.

This latest IS what I would consider to be yet another of the holy grail of Stones recordings and right up there with the best of their live releases (especially given this great set-list)!

The fact that 181,000+ (and counting) views for this thread indicates to me that we as Stones fans want to continue to see more releases like this from the vaults! We need to continue to push for other treasures-whether it be MSG 69 or the 72 tour, etc.

Finally, my only gripe about this release: Like they couldn't include any Bill Wyman shots in the booklet? C'mon guys, really?....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-13 04:38 by Sighunt.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 13, 2022 04:42

Ho. Lee. Crap! I finally dipped my toe in … I’m a few songs in and am feeling decidedly ravished! This is a wild ride. Hanging a tie on the doorknob and going back in…

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: May 13, 2022 05:34

Reviews so far are 99% fantastic. My discs will arrive on Saturday. Can’t wait.

Hot Stuff (as one of the teasers released) is more than fulfilling!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 13, 2022 05:49

Sighunt
My local record store was kind enough to sell me El Mocambo a day early. Just got through listening to all of it and have to ask- why did it take so long to release this show?

I think the Stones were very business savvy from way back. I could be wrong, but I think even at that time, they - at least Mick - knew they had achieved iconic status, and that it would probably continue for years to come. They knew the day would come when the well of new original material would not be so productive so they held on to a lot of live stuff, knowing fans would salivate at the prospect of getting them released. Same applied to Some Girls Live in Texas. And now that they've finally released what is the holy grail to many of us, our response to it is exactly what they planned for. I remember reading an interview with Ian Stewart back around the 1981 tour, and he was asked something about the prospects for future releases. Don't remember what he said about studio stuff, but it intrigued me that he said something like, "...and of course, there's buckets of live stuff..." I imagined that would mean exactly what we've seen with all the vault releases, etc. and it certainly came true. Worth the wait IMO! Where I live, I have two hours to wait for this album and I've wanted it since 1977!!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 13, 2022 05:53

Bashlets
.. Amazon says it’s coming today. Hope it’s not an error. Can’t wait to leave work.

*cough, cough* ... "sorry, have to leave, I think i have covid!"

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: May 13, 2022 06:11

Listening now and it is absolutely great! The playing, setlist and whole feel of this show is outstanding. The entire band is firing on all cylinders and sound to be having a blast along with the audience. This will be remembered as a landmark release in their catalog.

I believe the Fully Finished outtakes surfaced a year ago? Thinking of those and now this killer El Mocambo release… what a time to be a Stones fan!!

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 13, 2022 07:18

I told you they're a good band.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 07:42

JMARKO
Is anyone else amazed and remembering that this is a band that hadn't played together for 7 months, and their chief guitarist missed rehearsals?

Yes, indeed. It's hard to believe but it's truth. May be, this was one reason for them trying to give their best of the best.
This performance is simply outstanding good. The best release of a live show since a very long time. Leeds 71 and Brussels 73 are in the same legue but we knew these shows before their official release. This one was unheard till now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-13 07:44 by micha063.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 13, 2022 07:45

z
I told you they're a good band.

>grinning smiley< smileys with beer

Posted by: gnillor ()
Date: May 13, 2022 07:46

Let's spend the night together is also on the bootlegs we had, so seemed to be a candidate for the love you live record and maybe was overdubbed. Isn't that mick doing some background vocals, e.g.at 0:43?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:34

Just listening to Fool to cry on Spotify,Awesome.Coloured vinyl should hit the doorstep at lunchtime.Happy Friday everyone.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:35

now it's just being released but i predict that this will end up being the most well received release from the stones on this site in a long time

just saying so far not a lotta complaints

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 13, 2022 08:37

Vibe check, Stones fans? Is this good stuff or what?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home