Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:32

StonedRambler
Hearing the iTunes preview I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by how bad Mick's vocals are as times. I knew they would be a bit rough but objectively, if I put aside for a moment that it's my favourite band, it's really sounds like some drunk guy doing karaoke. What a bummer since I think the band was never grooving better. Not even in 1973. Yeah Mick Taylor was great but groove wise this release tops everything
Whaou " drunk guy doing karaoké " are you serious ?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:43

5strings
StonedRambler
Hearing the iTunes preview I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by how bad Mick's vocals are as times. I knew they would be a bit rough but objectively, if I put aside for a moment that it's my favourite band, it's really sounds like some drunk guy doing karaoke. What a bummer since I think the band was never grooving better. Not even in 1973. Yeah Mick Taylor was great but groove wise this release tops everything
It's a great release , but comparing it to Brussels is like apples to oranges. I cannot say one is better than the other. Different band, different sound. El Mocambo does not have the ferocious energy of the last 4 songs of Brussels. But it is still terrific

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:43

Worried Life Blues sounds fantastic!! But am I crazy or do I hear three guitars?
The first slide solo at around 1:30 sounds different then the other two guitars to the left and right… is that an overdub by Ronnie that he might have done for LYL back in the day?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:44

I really hope we get more releases like this from the 1969-82 era. Doesn't always have to be a video release.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:46

Got it this afternoon - and have just finished first listen. My God - it is just as great as I had hoped.
Good that they finally released this Holy Grail too.

Date: May 12, 2022 17:46

MonkeyMan2000
Worried Life Blues sounds fantastic!! But am I crazy or do I hear three guitars?
The first slide solo at around 1:30 sounds different then the other two guitars to the left and right… is that an overdub by Ronnie that he might have done for LYL back in the day?

The guitar (center) is a Ronnie overdub.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 12, 2022 18:35

5strings
StonedRambler
Honestly, yes. I know it's only rock n roll and generally Mick's singing style is cool and fitting but there are moments where he is reeaally, really off pitch-wise and sounds like he's choking. At these moments it's sounds like some drunk guy doing karaoke, yes. I'm sorry, I know this is an unpopular opinion and I don't want to spoil this release for anyone. But I'm honest - vocally this really ain't a masterpiece to say the least. Groove-wise it totally is. Mick can be such an phenomenal singer and this screaming out while being drunk just doesn't do his talent justice. I am convinced Mick today would agree.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 19:03

From the tracks I’ve heard like Hot Stuff and Rip This Joint, Wood/Richards are playing like Taylor /Richards not the 2guitar , one sound.Personally I think the guitars are great.Clearmountain did a fantastic job.Please give him the Texas Philly or any show from1972 to remix.Give him Australia 1972 also.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 12, 2022 19:27

Decades of waiting and at last we got it.
Look fantastic, and I've just heard the 5 circulating tracks + the Apple preview of each other tracks. At first listen how cool is that version of Crazy Mama !!!

HMN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 12, 2022 19:34

My copy arrives Friday .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 12, 2022 19:36

StonedRambler
5strings
StonedRambler
Honestly, yes. I know it's only rock n roll and generally Mick's singing style is cool and fitting but there are moments where he is reeaally, really off pitch-wise and sounds like he's choking. At these moments it's sounds like some drunk guy doing karaoke, yes. I'm sorry, I know this is an unpopular opinion and I don't want to spoil this release for anyone. But I'm honest - vocally this really ain't a masterpiece to say the least. Groove-wise it totally is. Mick can be such an phenomenal singer and this screaming out while being drunk just doesn't do his talent justice. I am convinced Mick today would agree.
It's because he is "cola'ed out" it will do it to you.

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: May 12, 2022 20:43

i heard, man, what a show!!!!!!!

god bless the rolling stones!

i will hear again.....

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 12, 2022 20:50

This feels like Christmas Eve.

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: May 12, 2022 20:54

I love it! It's the Stones in all their beautiful ragged glory.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 12, 2022 20:58

Absolutely fantastic!! Got the discs in my Mail today and am still speechless from my first complete listen.
I have not been thrilled by a release this much since..maybe four flicks.
Highlights until now: Fool to cry, Hot stuff, Worried life blues and Worried about you.
Thanks Rolling Stonesthumbs up

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: May 12, 2022 21:19

I get it delivered tomorrow !

Will enjoy it the whole weekend

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 21:49

I'm still listening. What a great release! The first live release since a long time, which is meaning something! The sound oft the Band is great and of course it is not perfect. How could it be? It's the Stones. This treasure being opened to us makes me feel like 14 again...
But it's a long time ago and time waits for no one. This is one of the documents, that prooves that the Stones were THE Rock'n Roll Band of the time. There is not realy much more to come, which has the weight of this show.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 21:58

"Charlie is a jazz drummer. He's only doing it for the money". cool smiley

... and then the new mix of "Little Red Rooster" arrives. What a treat. Thank you Bob Clearmountain, thank you Rolling Stones.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:18

an amazing release!!!!

Enjoy it.......and don't complain.....maybe we'll get more like this.

The banter after worried life blues is hilarious....I won't spoil it though

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:18

Luxury is a masterpiece.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:34

micha063
I'm still listening. What a great release! The first live release since a long time, which is meaning something! The sound oft the Band is great and of course it is not perfect. How could it be? It's the Stones. This treasure being opened to us makes me feel like 14 again...
But it's a long time ago and time waits for no one. This is one of the documents, that prooves that the Stones were THE Rock'n Roll Band of the time. There is not realy much more to come, which has the weight of this show.

I think there must be some '72 shows in the vaults that could have the same caliber. And maybe from Europe '70.

But now is just time to enjoy El Mo in all it's ragged grace.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:38

TheGreek
StonedRambler
5strings
StonedRambler
It's because he is "cola'ed out" it will do it to you.

Possibly the reason it was so late to release...MJ didn't like his vocal? Anyway warts and all this is going to be fabulous.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:49

No Inflatable Penis, But Plenty of Blues: Rolling Stones Unleash Rare Live 1977 Club Tapes

Intimate Toronto shows offer a glimpse of the band playing with a ferocity that proves they were more than bored, disconnected rock stars.

By David Browne
May 12,2022

Helmut Newton

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:51

Bashlets
I’m sure the ultimate classic rock review is probably incorrect based on boots I have heard. It’s probably Billy Preston and not Keith going back and forth on Hand of Fate with vocals

I pulled out my bootleg this today in anticipation. I can see why Roger wrote Mick and Keith. It's either Keith or Billy doing an excellent Keith imitation, very Keithlike. Even the boot indicates a hot version!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 12, 2022 22:59

I’m happy. Live on NH/ Massachusetts state line and my Amazon says it’s coming today. Hope it’s not an error. Can’t wait to leave work.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 12, 2022 23:19

GivenToFly15
... and then the new mix of "Little Red Rooster" arrives. What a treat. Thank you Bob Clearmountain, thank you Rolling Stones.

Got the whole thing now, I couldn't wait more.
Fully agreed, when you listen to that mix of Little Red Rooster you can throw away the one from LYL.It's almost like the old version came from another show...no kidding.Great job !

HMN

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 12, 2022 23:44

Picked up my copy today and what a great release and dito audio mix from Bob Clearmountain!! I really hope we get more releases like this

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 12, 2022 23:48

Listening now. Wow, really happy I was wrong with the sound on the first 4 songs released, though they were in FLAC. This is sounding amazing. I'm overwhelmed already 5 songs into it.smileys with beer

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: May 12, 2022 23:56

I can hear Ian Stewart smiling on this one. So great to hear him again.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 13, 2022 00:12

What a excellent release!
3 listens in a row ( working on 4 now)
Luxury, Worried Life Blues and Melody!
Great stuff!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home