Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Date: May 12, 2022 13:34

BlueTurns2Grey
StonedRambler
That Worried Life Blues sounds amazing, but I don't really notice a difference in mixing to what's already released. But not easy too compare since they play softer on that one.

What are your thoughts? Does the CD really sound different to the Spotify tracks?

Worried Life Blues has been released before in this version??? I never heard of it, can you tell me something about it?

He's comparing the sound on Worried About You to the four songs that have already been released.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 12, 2022 13:43

DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey
StonedRambler
That Worried Life Blues sounds amazing, but I don't really notice a difference in mixing to what's already released. But not easy too compare since they play softer on that one.

What are your thoughts? Does the CD really sound different to the Spotify tracks?

Worried Life Blues has been released before in this version??? I never heard of it, can you tell me something about it?

He's comparing the sound on Worried About You to the four songs that have already been released.

Oh thanks, I understood that totally wrong.

Date: May 12, 2022 13:56

BlueTurns2Grey
DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey
StonedRambler

Sorry, I meant Worried Life Blues smiling smiley

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:18

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
MadMetaphoricalMax
I have to agree. Bar Brussels 73, and maybe even including that, this is the best live set they'll ever release. Hard to pick a top three - a top 24 is an easier task ...

Ok ok Brussels is mythical...

Top 3 is hard to pick, but on number 1 is Dance Little Sister! Stones RnR doesn't get any better than this. Why they played this one only a few times is beyond me!

Mathijs

And we get the bridge twice!

Sensational show thumbs up

Which is different to the acetate version, where they edited out the second bridge....

Mathijs

Date: May 12, 2022 14:20

I think this is the best live release by the Stones. Better than Brussels, as the official Brussels release is inferior to the bootleg Brussels, which is mythical.

On the last three tracks of ElMo Keith's guitar sound is very much out of phase, and out of tune. I wonder if this is the issue Eddy Kramer was talking about.

Mathijs

Date: May 12, 2022 14:28

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
MadMetaphoricalMax
I have to agree. Bar Brussels 73, and maybe even including that, this is the best live set they'll ever release. Hard to pick a top three - a top 24 is an easier task ...

Top 3 is hard to pick, but on number 1 is Dance Little Sister! Stones RnR doesn't get any better than this. Why they played this one only a few times is beyond me!

Mathijs

Which is different to the acetate version, where they edited out the second bridge....

Mathijs

And to the album version.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:35

The bridge of Dance Little Sister reminds me of the Bitch chorus.
Bitch is the better song though so it's not a surprise they played it more often live.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:44

DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey
DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey
StonedRambler

Sorry, I meant Worried Life Blues smiling smiley
I'm talking bout that MP3 someone posted one or two pages back.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:53

rogerriffin
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

A minor song like "Hand of Fate" from Black and Blue crackles with energy here, as Jagger and Richards share a call-and-response near the end.

Call and response from Jagger and Richards, can't wait to hear that priceless moment...drinking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 12, 2022 14:54

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
MadMetaphoricalMax

Mathijs

My bootleg only has the (confounded)bridge once, this is a another revelation

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:01

Previews of all songs - [Music.Apple.com] .

Date: May 12, 2022 15:12

I never thought that I would write this, but Melody is one of my favourites now. And I must have another listen to LRR and compare it. Is it really from the same day as the LYL version? It sounds a bit different. What a great album!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:13

I’m sure the ultimate classic rock review is probably incorrect based on boots I have heard. It’s probably Billy Preston and not Keith going back and forth on Hand of Fate with vocals

Date: May 12, 2022 15:14

<And I must have another listen to LRR and compare it. Is it really from the same day as the LYL version?>

No.

Date: May 12, 2022 15:29

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
MadMetaphoricalMax

Mathijs

Mathijs

And to the album version.

But not to the bootlegged outtake version!

Mathijs

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:38

10/10
Perfect !

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:44

BlueTurns2Grey
I never thought that I would write this, but Melody is one of my favourites now. And I must have another listen to LRR and compare it. Is it really from the same day as the LYL version? It sounds a bit different. What a great album!

Ronnie on fire. Love his work on Brown Sugar.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 15:48 by pepganzo.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 12, 2022 15:48

Mathijs
I think this is the best live release by the Stones. Better than Brussels, as the official Brussels release is inferior to the bootleg Brussels, which is mythical.

On the last three tracks of ElMo Keith's guitar sound is very much out of phase, and out of tune. I wonder if this is the issue Eddy Kramer was talking about.

Mathijs
This

Date: May 12, 2022 16:11

Kinda jealous at the moment.

Date: May 12, 2022 16:23

Just listing to Luxury.. GOOSEBUMPS

Thank you (you know who)

Posted by: ebalm ()
Date: May 12, 2022 16:26

Truly jealous. Ordered my vinyl from UK stones store and still hasnt shipped. Ugggh! Need to hear this ASAP

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 12, 2022 16:41

Hearing the iTunes preview I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by how bad Mick's vocals are as times. I knew they would be a bit rough but objectively, if I put aside for a moment that it's my favourite band, it's really sounds like some drunk guy doing karaoke. What a bummer since I think the band was never grooving better. Not even in 1973. Yeah Mick Taylor was great but groove wise this release tops everything

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 12, 2022 16:51

StonedRambler
Hearing the iTunes preview I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by how bad Mick's vocals are as times. I knew they would be a bit rough but objectively, if I put aside for a moment that it's my favourite band, it's really sounds like some drunk guy doing karaoke. What a bummer since I think the band was never grooving better. Not even in 1973. Yeah Mick Taylor was great but groove wise this release tops everything

Yeah, with a better singer this band could have made it really big...

No, seriously, I think that the whole band is in top form here, including Mick.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:00

BlueTurns2Grey

I'm always surprised at the hate for Melody. I think it's great, even the album version! Such great moody bluesy/jazzy (or whatever you call it) piano, and love Micks vocals!!

Date: May 12, 2022 17:00

retired_dog
StonedRambler

Yeah, with a better singer this band could have made it really big...

No, seriously, I think that the whole band is in top form here, including Mick.

His singing here is lightyears better than that on the 76-tour, imo.

On a few tunes he's joking about ("She took my Sunday hash" - Melody, "Don't like the juice in your crown" - Tumbling Dice, "What a shambles!" - Luxury).

Listening to the whole thing might adjust StonedRamblers perspective on Mick's performance. On some songs I've never heard him better (Hand Of Fate, Crazy Mama).

Then again, music is subjective smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 17:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 12, 2022 17:04

pepganzo
BlueTurns2Grey

Thank you !

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:06

Just got the whole thing as mp3's - thank you, kind soul!

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:18

My order is set to arrive by 10pm tomorrow. I’m about to dig into a preview, what I have heard so far sounds perfect! Thanks to all for the great info on this wonderful release!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 17:49 by Ross.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:23

I listened to the previews and it's fantastic, rhythmic section and top guitars, Billy's keyboards, a fantastic Mick Jagger.
I can't wait for the cd.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 12, 2022 17:29

Thanks a lot!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-12 17:44 by U2Stonesfan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home