Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 12, 2022 04:56

HonkeyTonkFlash
JordyLicks96
IORR on Love You Live is indeed from Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto June 17, 1975. The complete concert is up on YouTube and IORR is a carbon copy of the album version.

[www.youtube.com]

Skip to 1:48:19
I always wondered why they never were honest about where the tracks came from. Was someone really that lazy that they couldn't bother to write anything more than "recorded in Paris?" Mick's line about Toronto was kind of a giveaway. And I listened to Ya Yas for years before I learned two tracks were from Baltimore. Maybe they figure most people don't care? I like details.

The back album cover says recorded in Paris and Toronto but then says 1976-1977. Didn't Mick write the liner notes? Knowing him he didn't know that IORR is from 1975. He is the one that chose to not include details in the TATTOO YOU liner notes.

But to say they're "never honest about where the tracks" are from is way over the top. Sometimes they don't include all the information - either because they don't know or they found out later - or they don't care or it simply doesn't matter, but it's not "never".

Do you feel lied to in regard to songs from STICKY through UNDERCOVER since they're not all from those album sessions, with exception to BLACK AND BLUE and SOME GIRLS?

Date: April 12, 2022 04:56

HonkeyTonkFlash
JordyLicks96
IORR on Love You Live is indeed from Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto June 17, 1975. The complete concert is up on YouTube and IORR is a carbon copy of the album version.

[www.youtube.com]

I always wondered why they never were honest about where the tracks came from. Was someone really that lazy that they couldn't bother to write anything more than "recorded in Paris?" Mick's line about Toronto was kind of a giveaway. And I listened to Ya Yas for years before I learned two tracks were from Baltimore. Maybe they figure most people don't care? I like details.

The back album cover says recorded in Paris and Toronto but then says 1976-1977. Didn't Mick write the liner notes? Knowing him he didn't know that IORR is from 1975. He is the one that chose to not include details in the TATTOO YOU liner notes.

But to say they're "never honest about where the tracks" are from is way over the top. Sometimes they don't include all the information - either because they don't know or they found out later - or they don't care or it simply doesn't matter, but it's not "never".

Do you feel lied to in regard to songs from STICKY through UNDERCOVER since they're not all from those album sessions, with exception to BLACK AND BLUE and SOME GIRLS?

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 12, 2022 05:01

GasLightStreet
HonkeyTonkFlash
JordyLicks96

[www.youtube.com]

I don't think it's worth making a big deal about; I just like to know where things come from. It's different with studio albums; maybe I'm just a nerd for Stones trivia, lol.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 12, 2022 13:22

HonkeyTonkFlash
And I listened to Ya Yas for years before I learned two tracks were from Baltimore. Maybe they figure most people don't care? I like details.

One track is from Baltimore, Love in Vain.

Mathijs

Date: April 12, 2022 14:04

GasLightStreet
HonkeyTonkFlash
JordyLicks96

[www.youtube.com]

It says 'El Mocambo', too (El Mocambo-side).

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 12, 2022 22:41

I seem to remember an interview with Mick, in which he said that LYL comes mainly from Paris and Mocambo.
He explained that they had to go through a lot of tracks to pick the best ones, so he doesn't surprise me that IORR is from Toronto. However, most of them come from Paris, in addition to the tracks recorded at Mocambo.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 12, 2022 22:59

Fingerprint File is also from Toronto. And If You Can't Rock Me/GOOC comes from the last show in London 1976. SFTD is Los Angeles 1975.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 13, 2022 09:16

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 13, 2022 11:00

Meise

Overview on LYL and recording dates/venues

Also in the links here - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 19, 2022 22:21

I just got an email from The Rolling Stones that said my slip mat CDs and LPs have been shipped today by FedEx. Anybody else get this? Seems a little early….

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 19, 2022 22:26

donvis
I just got an email from The Rolling Stones that said my slip mat CDs and LPs have been shipped today by FedEx. Anybody else get this? Seems a little early….

I haven't. Thought it was to be released May 13.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: April 19, 2022 23:58

I got a message today from Stones store that a shirt was shipped. I received it about a month ago!

Date: April 20, 2022 06:34

Jfk19562003
I got a message today from Stones store that a shirt was shipped. I received it about a month ago!

LOL one more reason why I'll never bother with their "store".

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 20, 2022 14:46

I just wonder if that rumored Paris 76 archive release is out of table.
It was obvious that El Mocambo would serve as bonus for some kind of Superdeluxe of Paris 76. Like Brussels 73 for Marquee 71 in Japan and for Goats Head Soup Superdeluxe worldwide.

Now El Mocambo is a separate (audio only) release. And no word about Paris 76 video/audio archive release yet. Just a rumor that it was almost ready.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 20, 2022 16:51

ironbelly
It was obvious that El Mocambo would serve as bonus for some kind of Superdeluxe of Paris 76. Like Brussels 73 for Marquee 71 in Japan and for Goats Head Soup Superdeluxe worldwide.

Now El Mocambo is a separate (audio only) release. And no word about Paris 76 video/audio archive release yet. Just a rumor that it was almost ready.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't that supposed to be a April fools' joke?

Posted by: Rot10Crotch ()
Date: April 21, 2022 02:33

Cristiano Radtke

I dunno. It's currently available for preorder on Amazon with a May 13, 2022 release date..................

April fool's Day has been over for a while.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 21, 2022 07:55

Rot10Crotch
Cristiano Radtke

I dunno. It's currently available for preorder on Amazon with a May 13, 2022 release date..................

Link? I can’t see it. Thanks

Rod

Date: April 21, 2022 07:59

Rot10Crotch
Cristiano Radtke

That's El Mocambo, not Paris.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 21, 2022 09:38

.......... eeerrr

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-21 09:39 by Rockman.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 21, 2022 11:07

Paris Les Abattoirs 1976 good quality audio/video:

Oh my God that's what i want the most.

(but of course I'm very happy to have El Mocambo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-21 11:28 by 1962.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 21, 2022 16:09

Cristiano Radtke
ironbelly

Wasn't APRILS FOOL the supporting Band of the Stones at El Mocambo?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 21, 2022 16:51

deardoctor
Cristiano Radtke
ironbelly

Wasn't APRILS FOOL the supporting Band of the Stones at El Mocambo?

Haha! Nice. April Wine.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 21, 2022 18:33

Hope they release another song to stream before May 13th

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 21, 2022 19:07

Agree

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 21, 2022 20:16

Rot10Crotch
Cristiano Radtke

I was talking about Paris 1976. This thread about it was started on 1st April, but there was some rumours about its release before that.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 21, 2022 21:19

Cristiano Radtke
Rot10Crotch
Cristiano Radtke

I was talking about Paris 1976. This thread about it was started on 1st April, but there was some rumours about its release before that.
Correct. That was a good joke. But the rumor about official release was here long before that joke. And I remember somebody claimed that that release is almost certain.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 22, 2022 00:19

Looking forward to this release.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 23, 2022 03:03

babyblue
Looking forward to this release.

yeah, starting to get pretty excited, only a couple more weeks!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 29, 2022 05:38

My slipmat came today!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 29, 2022 09:12

donvis
My slipmat came today!

how is it?

is it well made?

i'm thinking of ordering one myself

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home