Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 29, 2022 11:59

Nico could add "Star Star" to the 1st night.
American journalist Chet Flippo wrote in his book he managed to watch the end of the March 4 gig and he witnessed that track being played.

The lucky man saw the whole of the 5/3 concert. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 29, 2022 13:45

Cristiano Radtke

Mabru

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

From their description:

"In addition to the entire March 5 show, three bonus tracks from the March 4 show added."

It's the same description as at [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 29, 2022 14:50

Is there a DVD or only CD or LP's available? In this case (CD&LP's) is compleet superfluous for me to buy it.No, I do not buy the CD's or LP's after collecting from 1966.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 29, 2022 16:24

Stoneage
"Absent and disinterested"? Maybe he didn't like working late night, early morning, shifts (Keith time)? Keith ran the show, Jagger showed up between his solo work.
The Biff @#$%& trio ruled. Wyman wasn't part of that.
There are people who work nights for a low salary, with the money that Bill earned with the Stones should have always been there! This is just an excuse ... he liked the good life.

Date: March 29, 2022 16:34

tioms
Is there a DVD or only CD or LP's available? In this case (CD&LP's) is compleet superfluous for me to buy it.No, I do not buy the CD's or LP's after collecting from 1966.

You don't buy stuff you don't have?

I don't think this show was filmed - at least not in its entirety, unfortunately.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 29, 2022 16:55

tioms

Is there a DVD or only CD or LP's available?

There's no DVD/BR - only CD, LP, Digital Audio, Merchandise.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 17:11

it is possible that a version of carbany is published and it is not possible

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 29, 2022 18:54

Testify
Bill in the last years of his militancy in the Stones, was often absent and disinterested, so much so that very often he was replaced by Ronnie or Keith. So it wasn't Bill waiting for Keith outside the bathroom, but the other Stones waiting for Bill.

I don't know where you get that impression. Most accounts of studio time with the Stones have Bill and Charlie arriving first, and then waiting. And waiting. The only time they had to kowtow to Bill was when he told them he was leaving. He's not on two or three throw away songs on Steel Wheels, probably because he was getting married. But excepting Continental Drift, he's on all the songs that matter. Bill always made the best songs better.

Harlem Shuffle is the best thing on Dirty Work, and it's a great Bill song. Ronnie had one good bass part playing bass for the Stones, Emotional Rescue.

And he's great on El Mocambo. His playing often brings a sense of humor to songs. Try doing that with a bass.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 29, 2022 19:05

24FPS
Testify
Bill in the last years of his militancy in the Stones, was often absent and disinterested, so much so that very often he was replaced by Ronnie or Keith. So it wasn't Bill waiting for Keith outside the bathroom, but the other Stones waiting for Bill.

I don't know where you get that impression. Most accounts of studio time with the Stones have Bill and Charlie arriving first, and then waiting. And waiting. The only time they had to kowtow to Bill was when he told them he was leaving. He's not on two or three throw away songs on Steel Wheels, probably because he was getting married. But excepting Continental Drift, he's on all the songs that matter. Bill always made the best songs better.

Harlem Shuffle is the best thing on Dirty Work, and it's a great Bill song. Ronnie had one good bass part playing bass for the Stones, Emotional Rescue.

And he's great on El Mocambo. His playing often brings a sense of humor to songs. Try doing that with a bass.

The tracks without Wyman were done when he was off dealing with his future marital disaster's health issues.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 29, 2022 19:15

It'll be interesting to see if there will be a deluxe version of the El Mocambo release with extra tracks. If there are no
extra tracks, that would mean there were no tracks held back from the standard releases and we got all of the tracks
made available in all releases. We don't have to hunt for the extra tracks or buy more than one item to get everything.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 29, 2022 19:16

DandelionPowderman

I don't think this show was filmed - at least not in its entirety, unfortunately.

Filmed? That show was barely photographed!

Date: March 29, 2022 19:34

"Oklahoma looks oh so......"

Date: March 29, 2022 19:38

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 20:06

exilestones
It'll be interesting to see if there will be a deluxe version of the El Mocambo release with extra tracks. If there are no
extra tracks, that would mean there were no tracks held back from the standard releases and we got all of the tracks
made available in all releases. We don't have to hunt for the extra tracks or buy more than one item to get everything.

The forthcoming release consists of the March 5 in full. We will get a few different songs for the previous show, probably to document the diversity of the setlists. No japanese bonus tracks it seems. That being said, it doesn't mean the rest of the March 4 show is not available somewhere in the vaults... Maybe for the 50th anniversary in 2027? winking smiley

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: March 29, 2022 22:36

Testify
There are people who work nights for a low salary, with the money that Bill earned with the Stones should have always been there! This is just an excuse ... he liked the good life.

Excuse me? Surely you mean that Keith should always have been there when Bill and Charlie were there ready to work, like 24FPS said above. Instead of coming late, and pilfering Bill's riffs winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 29, 2022 23:47

GivenToFly15
We will get a few different songs for the previous show, probably to document the diversity of the setlists.

Yeah I think they decided [to include] a version of ALL the songs played during these 2 nights... even though some renditions (like WAYou) are a bit "weak" to be polite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-30 19:39 by dcba.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 30, 2022 00:09

mick64
it is possible that a version of carbany is published and it is not possible

Sure. That can happen with any title of their discography from 1971 to 2022.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 30, 2022 00:58

Credits : Ken Regan

HMN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2022 01:09

Description
The legendary event in The Rolling Stones' phenomenal 60-year history is released in its complete form for the first time.

This Japanese edition exclusively features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format.
"Live At The El Mocambo" covers the Stones' two famous secret shows at the
300-capacity Toronto club in March 1977. In addition to the entire March 5 show, three bonus tracks from the March 4 show added.

All newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Comes with a 20-page booklet.

CD JAPAN ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 30, 2022 01:19

Thanks for the pics, Honestman. The audience almost dined on stage there. I wonder what they called those tickets? Diamond Dinner Circle?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:00

Stoneage
Thanks for the pics, Honestman. The audience almost dined on stage there. I wonder what they called those tickets? Diamond Dinner Circle?

yes thanks 2 of those i don't think i've seen before

Date: March 30, 2022 06:17

yeah remember Keith mentioned
getting his legs stroked while
playing took him back to the early days .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 30, 2022 06:57

Date: March 30, 2022 07:07

Date: March 30, 2022 07:21

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: March 30, 2022 09:59

Rockman
Description
The legendary event in The Rolling Stones' phenomenal 60-year history is released in its complete form for the first time.

This Japanese edition exclusively features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format.
"Live At The El Mocambo" covers the Stones' two famous secret shows at the
300-capacity Toronto club in March 1977. In addition to the entire March 5 show, three bonus tracks from the March 4 show added.

All newly mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Comes with a 20-page booklet.

CD JAPAN ......

And? These are not japanese (extra) bonus tracks, but the "regular" three tracks available everywhere else. The only exclusive thing is the SHM-CD format.

Date: March 30, 2022 10:29

Hey thanks for that .....
Didnt cross check .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: March 30, 2022 11:26

It's called HEAVEN

Posted by: saintmick ()
Date: March 30, 2022 11:30

Stoneage

It's called HEAVEN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 30, 2022 12:32

Great pics! First time I see the 10-band EQ from MXR on top of Keith's Boogie amp.

Mathijs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home