Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2022 20:00

stanlove
GasLightStreet
stanlove
drwatts
treaclefingers
austrianstones
Mathijs
stanlove

Still Life sucked and the 1981 tour was a disaster. There is a reason they never toured without backups again. Even the astilbes knew they were not very good in 1981.

What a total load of bollocks.

Mathijs

i agree, in my youth it was my first connection into the Stones, and its still my favourite tour ! winking smiley

for the love of stanlove what is stanlove talking about?!
Who bloody well knows. But he has seen the videos...

Saw a few couple concerts on the tour, dead crowds all over the place.

Ah.

This old lot of crap pops up again.

Try again.

Fake statement.

1981 tour was huge. Your Fox News ego won't change history. Get over yourself.

Fox News? What are you even talking about.
Nobody said it wasn’t huge. It just wasn’t very good.
Second song of the concert and the crowd was acting like they we’re at a college lecture. The whole tour was like that.

[www.youtube.com]

Wow...that's a great clip, love it. Love to seem them play like that again.

Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo is released
Date: March 26, 2022 20:02

Irix
mick64

color vinyl is already sold out

Still available: [www.Bravado.de] .

This is a fabulously designed item...they put some thought into it. It'll sell like a bitch and they'll just keep printing them.

Good for them, on a very worthwhile release.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2022 20:15

Irix
mick64

Not sure where mick64 was looking, but it's till available for preorder everywhere, including udiscover and the official store.

[shop.udiscovermusic.com]

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Highly overpriced, and intended for a niche market of diehard/collectors, but more than likely there will eventually be price drops as is always the case.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 26, 2022 20:20

It is sold out at the Stones UK webshop.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 26, 2022 21:11

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 21:18 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 26, 2022 21:35

spunky

It is sold out at the Stones UK webshop.

As well as at: [Store.uDiscoverMusic.com] - (UK) , [TheSoundOfVinyl.com] - (UK) , [www.Recordstore.co.uk] . But still available at: [Platenzaak.nl] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 21:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 21:47

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 21:50 by Massimo68.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 22:26

A little off topic, but I after reading a bit about the background story of the El Mocamba club show, a question came up.

The Stones came to Toronto in February 1977 for the Toronto club show and reserved some time for rehearsals. Keith was arrested in his hotel room on February 27th, 1977, for possession of a serious amount of heroin (and intent to traffic) and some cocaine. He was released on bail (I assume the same day), so he returned to the hotel.

The El Mocambo shows where on 4th and 5th of March. So practically Keith had 4 or 5 days to sober up and do the first show. So my question is: did Keith get clean in this short period (cold turkey)? It seems unlikely to me, because I can't imagine that 'after three days of climbing walls' someone is able to stand on his feet normally, not to say perform a show. I know, we're talking about Keith Richards, not a good example what is 'normal', but anyway it's still pretty impressing.

More likely would be that he was still into heroin the week after the bust. But if that's the case, didn't he take a huge risk of getting caught again and face years and years in prison?

Really curious how he got in shape for the El Mocamba shows. Does anyone have information about his condition on stage during those shows (probably not too bad, regarding the good reviews of the two nights)?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:07

Ordered the CD set.. Price for the vinyl is too rich for my blood

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 26, 2022 23:24

jackflash27
A little off topic, but I after reading a bit about the background story of the El Mocamba club show, a question came up.

The Stones came to Toronto in February 1977 for the Toronto club show and reserved some time for rehearsals. Keith was arrested in his hotel room on February 27th, 1977, for possession of a serious amount of heroin (and intent to traffic) and some cocaine. He was released on bail (I assume the same day), so he returned to the hotel.

The El Mocambo shows where on 4th and 5th of March. So practically Keith had 4 or 5 days to sober up and do the first show. So my question is: did Keith get clean in this short period (cold turkey)? It seems unlikely to me, because I can't imagine that 'after three days of climbing walls' someone is able to stand on his feet normally, not to say perform a show. I know, we're talking about Keith Richards, not a good example what is 'normal', but anyway it's still pretty impressing.

More likely would be that he was still into heroin the week after the bust. But if that's the case, didn't he take a huge risk of getting caught again and face years and years in prison?

Really curious how he got in shape for the El Mocamba shows. Does anyone have information about his condition on stage during those shows (probably not too bad, regarding the good reviews of the two nights)?

According to Bill Wyman he went out and copped some junk for Keith. So....there's that.

Date: March 27, 2022 01:29

oldschool
Ordered the CD set.. Price for the vinyl is too rich for my blood

Well, I guess at this point at least CDs are also old school.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 07:50

Irix
mick64

Got one in the basket. But I can’t read German. No idea what to do now!!’

Rod

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 27, 2022 07:54

bitusa2012
Irix
mick64

Got one in the basket. But I can’t read German. No idea what to do now!!’

Did you try using Google Translate?

Date: March 27, 2022 07:56

Jesus. Shipped to Australia USD206 !!! Aud 275. Forget it

Rod

Date: March 27, 2022 13:25

bitusa2012

Shipped to Australia USD206 !!!

Maybe more luck with the US-Stores of [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheSoundOfVinyl.us] , the Canadian [Shop.MusicVaultz.com] , the Japanese [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] or the Dutch [Platenzaak.nl] ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 13:50 by Irix.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 27, 2022 15:32

Ordered mine at platenzaak.nl.
Really excited about this release. Curious what Clearmountain did with the mix.
The bootlegs were not very hi-fi.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 27, 2022 15:48

marcovandereijk

The bootlegs were not very hi-fi.

The acetate sounded great, warm, lively and raw.

Date: March 27, 2022 16:31

Irix
bitusa2012

Shipped to Australia USD206 !!!

Maybe more luck with the US-Stores of [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheSoundOfVinyl.us] , the Canadian [Shop.MusicVaultz.com] , the Japanese [Store.Universal-Music.co.jp] or the Dutch [Platenzaak.nl] ?

Thanks.
Canada CAD$323 = AUD$335
Planetzaak.Nl don’t deliver to Australia
Can’t READ the Japanese site nor find a way to have it in English
The US link for Sound of Vinyl sends new straight to an Australian site for them and the product is not on there.

Rod

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 27, 2022 16:34

Rip This Joint on Spotify...
waiting for the rest to show up on Spotify

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2022 16:41

It's crazy how different the two new tracks sound compared to those used for LYL!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 27, 2022 17:14

Was there a second keyboard player in Mocambo? Thanks

Date: March 27, 2022 17:18

MartinB

Was there a second keyboard player in Mocambo?

Ian Stewart & Billy Preston - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: March 27, 2022 18:32

Of the tracks now available on bootleg, which are from the 4th?

Date: March 27, 2022 18:39

DrPete
Of the tracks now available on bootleg, which are from the 4th?

Worried About You

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 27, 2022 19:27

24FPS
jackflash27

According to Bill Wyman he went out and copped some junk for Keith. So....there's that.

Actually that was according to Keith, from his book Life. Wyman may have confirmed the story later though...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 27, 2022 19:30

gotdablouse
It's crazy how different the two new tracks sound compared to those used for LYL!

Agreed! Based on this, I actually am looking forward to this release now. Rip This Joint is smoking!!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 27, 2022 19:54

RTJ is incredible. Just listened to it like 5 times straight. It got better with every listen. Very much looking forward to this release

Date: March 27, 2022 21:02

LeonidP
24FPS
jackflash27

Actually that was according to Keith, from his book Life. Wyman may have confirmed the story later though...

Actually that was first reported in Bill's book, 'Rolling With the Stones' published 2002.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 27, 2022 22:25

24FPS
LeonidP
24FPS
jackflash27

Actually that was first reported in Bill's book, 'Rolling With the Stones' published 2002.

You're probably right, I never read that one. First I ever heard that story was from the Keith book, don't recall anyone ever bringing that up before, not on this msg. board. Hence why I thought Keith was the first reveal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 22:26 by LeonidP.

Date: March 27, 2022 22:48

LeonidP
24FPS
LeonidP
24FPS
jackflash27

You're probably right, I never read that one. First I ever heard that story was from the Keith book, don't recall anyone ever bringing that up before, not on this msg. board. Hence why I thought Keith was the first reveal.

I remember reading it and feeling it was a bit of betrayal on Bill's part. Maybe that was something that should have been kept private between Bill and Keith. And I thought it could have created ill feelings between the two. It doesn't appear so, and as you noted, Keith did mention it in his later book.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home