Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 26, 2022 04:38

austrianstones
Mathijs
stanlove

Still Life sucked and the 1981 tour was a disaster. There is a reason they never toured without backups again. Even the astilbes knew they were not very good in 1981.

What a total load of bollocks.

Mathijs

i agree, in my youth it was my first connection into the Stones, and its still my favourite tour ! winking smiley

It was rawer & real. Today is a great visual & musical show. 81 was raw & a few guitars, drums & a singer. Love both but If I want to put a live album on its 1981 still life. It what I heard as a kid.

Re: The Rolling Stones Live at the El Mocambo is released
Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: March 26, 2022 06:05

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1603902659/

Mick and Keith archive interview about The El Mocambo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 14:02 by PalaisRoyale.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 26, 2022 06:07

stanlove
StonedRambler
dcba
TheflyingDutchman
Interesting to read the different perception of various people.

And imho direct witnesses (aka "I was there dude!") are often NOT the best persons to assess a tour or a show.
If they were stoned or drunk (69 72 75) it was "best show evah". If they saw a stadium gig (81 89) in the nosebleeds they'd tend to report it was poor or boring.
I think your personal emotions play a big part in how you perceive and remember a concert. A lot of people look back to a time where they were younger and had their first Stones concerts ever so it was still something really special and exciting. I think a lot of people don't seperate these personal memories and emotions from the actual performances of the Stones. And most people also did not went sober to Stones concerts when they were young and neither did the Stones. That surely plays a part as well. At my first Stones concert I was also completely out of my mind. It surely was a trip that made the concert special and I probably will never experience a concert like this again. But not because of the Stones' performance, it has more to do with myself. But some people won't admit that...

Great post. I don’t know anyone personally who saw the Stones in 1981 and talked about how much the Stones rocked, they talk about what a great experience it was.
I had a great time at the concerts ( don’t do drugs or drink in public ) and me and friends still talk sbout what a great experience it was but nobody has ever said the Stones were good because they weren’t.

Stones are by far my favorite group ever but I went 8 years thinking they were just hype as a live band. Then I saw them in 1989 and they were amazing, I was with someone who was a massive Springsteen fan who had seen Springsteen and even he said the 89 show was the best concert he had bern to. Night and day from 81.

The crowds were actually into the music in 1989.

well i personally prefer the 81-82 tour over the 89-90 tour

and i love both tours

i also wasn't alive for any of those tours

so the idea that i'm somehow looking back on them thru some drug infused nostalgia seems unlikley

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: March 26, 2022 06:31

stanlove
GasLightStreet
stanlove
drwatts
treaclefingers
austrianstones
Mathijs
stanlove

Still Life sucked and the 1981 tour was a disaster. There is a reason they never toured without backups again. Even the astilbes knew they were not very good in 1981.

Mathijs

i agree, in my youth it was my first connection into the Stones, and its still my favourite tour ! winking smiley

for the love of stanlove what is stanlove talking about?!
Who bloody well knows. But he has seen the videos...

Saw a few couple concerts on the tour, dead crowds all over the place.

Ah.

This old lot of crap pops up again.

Try again.

Fake statement.

1981 tour was huge. Your Fox News ego won't change history. Get over yourself.

Fox News? What are you even talking about.
Nobody said it wasn’t huge. It just wasn’t very good.
Second song of the concert and the crowd was acting like they we’re at a college lecture. The whole tour was like that.

[www.youtube.com]

What a crazy take. 100% wrong!
Of course every one was different after as it was a decade later and things change...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 15:56 by chevysales.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 26, 2022 06:43

MrEcho
Hairball
ryanpow
StonedRambler
Rollin92
Bad that Bill has been airbrushed out again…
He hasn't been airbrushed, there are just only four LPs...

This reasoning is not sufficient in explaining why he's left off.

Agreed - it's insulting to both Bill and fans alike.

Bill Wyman was an integral part of the band that played at the El Mocambo club. To exclude him from the artwork is in very poor taste. It's a blemish on what seems like a truly great release.

We haven't seen the interior art if there is such. There's always a picture of Bill there if he was part of the band then. The only exception, I mean he ain't mentioned anywhere and he's on a lot of cuts, is the RARITIES CD 17 years back. I don't think they ever did that again. Which may have also been a negotiable business angle between them and Bill. They seem to get away with as little Bill as they can, but he is included.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: March 26, 2022 09:07

I didn’t see them in 81 but 82 certainly rocked. I was at Wembley June 25th and it was blistering.
I’d also like to say thank you to the Stones organisation for putting El Mocambo be out. It’s been he Holy Grail for years - and yet this thread is nothing but squabbling and moaning. I despair.

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: March 26, 2022 09:26

Why did they take so long to release it ? Nowadays' technology may be part of the answer. Maybe the tapes were really damaged, and AI or any other thing make it possible to restore them properly. Makes me think of Giles Martin stating that in a few years technology will be there to separate the Beatles' early albums tracks so he can remix them. That would be full of promises for all the not perfect soundboard we have from the early 70's.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: March 26, 2022 11:47

24FPS
MrEcho
Hairball
ryanpow
StonedRambler
Rollin92

Bill Wyman was an integral part of the band that played at the El Mocambo club. To exclude him from the artwork is in very poor taste. It's a blemish on what seems like a truly great release.

We haven't seen the interior art if there is such. There's always a picture of Bill there if he was part of the band then. The only exception, I mean he ain't mentioned anywhere and he's on a lot of cuts, is the RARITIES CD 17 years back. I don't think they ever did that again. Which may have also been a negotiable business angle between them and Bill. They seem to get away with as little Bill as they can, but he is included.

To exclude Bill from the Rarities cover (where he does not play on all of the tracks) is one thing, but to exclude him from the artwork of El Mocambo in such an obvious way is pathetic. They even made sure he can't be seen in the promo film they put up on Instagram.

Date: March 26, 2022 12:38

bakersfield
I didn’t see them in 81 but 82 certainly rocked. I was at Wembley June 25th and it was blistering.
I’d also like to say thank you to the Stones organisation for putting El Mocambo be out. It’s been he Holy Grail for years - and yet this thread is nothing but squabbling and moaning. I despair.

It gets really depressing the ludicrous amount of moaning and negativity from posters who seem to hate the band, but generally it's a few people with a lot of posts, I wish they'd give it a rest, as they never have anything to say you'd want to read.

Posted by: edwinholland ()
Date: March 26, 2022 13:27

[platenzaak.nl]

Order Lp neon vinyl and cd of this wonderful concert.

Thank you stones

And now hoping for msg 69 box

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 13:53

I take that this is just vinyl & cds?

That there is no dvds, sorry I can’t go through 28 pages. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 26, 2022 13:53

MrEcho
24FPS
MrEcho
Hairball
ryanpow
StonedRambler
Rollin92

To exclude Bill from the Rarities cover (where he does not play on all of the tracks) is one thing, but to exclude him from the artwork of El Mocambo in such an obvious way is pathetic. They even made sure he can't be seen in the promo film they put up on Instagram.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:07

^ Now that is funny!!

Date: March 26, 2022 14:09

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 14:38 by PalaisRoyale.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:20

Tumlin73

I take that this is just vinyl & cds? That there is no dvds, sorry I can’t go through 28 pages.

Have a look at the collections here: [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:21

rebelhipi
MrEcho
24FPS
MrEcho
Hairball
ryanpow
StonedRambler
Rollin92

[www.youtube.com]
14 years after El Mocambo.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:37

It's particularly wierd with Bill Wyman not being on one of the inner sleeves, since he's playing so fantastic in this El Mocambo recording, also on the 9-10 songs we previously had. Anyway, this will be the best release since....maybe LA Friday or Brussels; yet this be more exciting than even them, as we didn't have most of these tracks before.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:48

rebelhipi

[www.youtube.com]
Period. Exclamation point.

That is THE answer. Everything all the complainers need to hear.
It's like complaining that somebody isn't posting pictures with his ex.

I honestly think they never 100 percently forgave them for leaving. And it's their own decision if they do or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 14:50 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 26, 2022 14:52

StonedRambler
rebelhipi

[www.youtube.com]

I honestly think they never 100 percently forgave them for leaving. And it's their own decision if they do or not.

No. It's a document from a time when it is Bill Wyman handling the bass. Simple as that. It's not like a commercial poster for their forthcoming tour.
But, as somebody mentioned, it could be a part of the contract or how Bill wants it to be for all I know

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 26, 2022 15:51

The [platenzaak.nl] store no longer ships to the UK.
The El Mocambo coloured vinyl set is still available to order from the official USA store here:

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Tax and shipping to the UK add US Dollars 52.68 to the cost.

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 15:53 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 16:04

Irix
Tumlin73

I take that this is just vinyl & cds? That there is no dvds, sorry I can’t go through 28 pages.

Have a look at the collections here: [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Thanks, just received an email flyer.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 26, 2022 16:18

Cooltoplady
Mathijs
stanlove

Mathijs

It was awful. Worst tour ever for The Stones. Garbage 80's releases. It was an embarrassing drug infused mess. I went to 3 shows. What a joke looking back.
I agree. I have seen every US Tour since 1975. In 1981 they played every song at breakneck speed as if they just wanted to get done and get the hell out of there. Ugly day glo colored stage, shitty song selection and ridiculous costuming. I am surprised so many people liked it when compared to other tours.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 26, 2022 16:33

The brilliance of the 1981-82 tour wasn't apparent to me, initially. I didn't particular like Still Life, and the few clips I had seem didn't help. However, the Leeds and Wembley releases are genuine awakenings; especially the former; it's a monstrously good show: so raw and ragged; so ramshackle and magnificent. Keith shines throughout; the manic guitar-break on Let Me Go always raises a grin. Despite this, though: I do 'get' why some may not like the tour. Unless you caught them in '78, you were witnessing a vastly different setup, approach and sound to the 1976-76 tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 16:52

Re El-Mocambo.

I’m going to be fascinated in any audio difference/s in Mannish Boy, Crackin’ Up, Little Red Rooster and Around & Around versus those on Love You Live.

Will Bob Clearmountain’s reverb on Mick’s vocals make THEM sound too different?

Will there be overdubs over the overdubs?

Rod

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:03

PalaisRoyale

Is this the one you were trying to post? Not sure this will work any better than your efforts. smiling smiley

[www.cbc.ca]

(As a Canadian, I’m quietly mortified that they introduce Mick as being 2 years younger than Keith!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-26 17:05 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 26, 2022 17:17

StonedRambler
rebelhipi

[www.youtube.com]

It really doesn't matter. They can't airbrush his legacy, or his part in the foundation of the band's sound. Even much of Keith's bass playing is close in sound to what Bill established. Now, if new technology allowed them to remove Bill's old bass parts and replace them....that would be grounds for justifiable homicide.

Date: March 26, 2022 18:21

SomeTorontoGirl
PalaisRoyale

Is this the one you were trying to post? Not sure this will work any better than your efforts. smiling smiley

[www.cbc.ca]

Yes that is the one. From the late 70's, Mick and Keith talk about playing at the club and the infamous drug bust.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: March 26, 2022 18:45

treaclefingers
MrEcho
Hairball
ryanpow
StonedRambler
Rollin92

Maybe that's the agreement? Bill's likeness not to be used in promoting new releases.

I mean rather than get our knickers bunched up and just assume the worst.

But it's not a new release. It's from 1977!

It's an appalling piece of revisionism to exclude him - but we hope for equality in the internal artwork.

Glad they included Charlie n the promotion though.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:31

color vinyl is already sold out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 26, 2022 19:50

mick64

color vinyl is already sold out

Still available: [www.Bravado.de] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home