Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 24, 2022 18:59

Irix
TheGreek

Okay, wishful thinking on my part I guess .

Better wait until it is released. At the moment it's just a preview-link.
Thanks Irix

Posted by: crlong ()
Date: March 24, 2022 19:08

Slightly off-topic but was there actually a legit 1977 vintage "cockroaches" poster that exists? Has anyone ever seen one similar to the social post today?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 24, 2022 19:13

I still can't believe that this is happening!

At this point of time I was quite sure that they either had lost or irremediably damaged the tapes, or that the performance was so rough that it would never pass the Stones quality control ...

So the question is, why the hell did they wait so long to release it?

C

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 24, 2022 19:20

Already available in Australia / New Zealand (via Proxy). It has just the Cover-Logo:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: March 24, 2022 19:50

[open.Spotify.com] , [Mora.jp] , [www.e-onkyo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 19:55 by Irix.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2022 20:02

Irix
Already available in Australia / New Zealand (via Proxy). It has just the Cover-Logo:

[www.YouTube.com]

it already dissapeared. Maybe it was uploaded a bit too early…

Date: March 24, 2022 20:15

slewan

it already dissapeared.

Still there - via Proxy from Australia. Japan works as well ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 20:25 by Irix.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 24, 2022 20:20

cant get it!!!...has Keef put 5 guitars on it or is it raw and loose?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 24, 2022 20:41

hot smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 24, 2022 20:46

liddas
I still can't believe that this is happening!

At this point of time I was quite sure that they either had lost or irremediably damaged the tapes, or that the performance was so rough that it would never pass the Stones quality control ...

So the question is, why the hell did they wait so long to release it?

C
Yes , that is the question and why not empty the vaults with audio and video and make that cash register ring . As I will surely buy all of these archive live release in both audio and video format .

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 24, 2022 20:49

Irix
[Mora.jp]

My fre VPN just offers Holland, US, Can - but the Japan link offers a very good preview. It will be a fantastic release. Can't wait. Vinyl of course.

Posted by: ronniewoody91 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 20:58

schwonek
Irix
[Mora.jp]

My fre VPN just offers Holland, US, Can - but the Japan link offers a very good preview. It will be a fantastic release. Can't wait. Vinyl of course.

The preview for that version of Rip this Joint sounds freaking amazing! Totally gonna buy that once it's available grinning smiley there is nothing on German Amazon yet...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 24, 2022 21:10

Is this going to be a limited release that will sell out quickly like the red vinyl?

Date: March 24, 2022 21:25

NashvilleBlues

Is this going to be a limited release

Digitally it's not limited - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2022 21:47

NashvilleBlues
Is this going to be a limited release that will sell out quickly like the red vinyl?

I doubt it...with the advanced hype, I think they're planning on selling a helluva lot.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:06

I nearly always go for vinyls, a combination of warmth of the sound, the good big artwork and for sentimental reasons. This time, due to the echoey mix and the very dry cover, I'll just get the CDs.
I don't want to end up like treaclefingers, and have a wrapped vinyl on my shelf. I still hope to do better than that, goddamnit!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:22

Irix
NashvilleBlues

Is this going to be a limited release

Digitally it's not limited - [iorr.org] .

Well, of course. Should've been clearer. I meant vinyl.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:33

treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues

I doubt it...with the advanced hype, I think they're planning on selling a helluva lot.

I believe this will sell less than Atlantic City

Date: March 24, 2022 22:45

Erik_Snow
I nearly always go for vinyls, a combination of warmth of the sound, the good big artwork and for sentimental reasons. This time, due to the echoey mix and the very dry cover, I'll just get the CDs.
I don't want to end up like treaclefingers, and have a wrapped vinyl on my shelf. I still hope to do better than that, goddamnit!

COME ON! What are you going to leave your heirs, and don't say money. Some things are more precious.

Actually something true and funny, I started listing my 'catalogue' on discogs just creating an inventory and it was astonishing how much the value is. The funny thing was I mentioned I might start liquidating and my teenager daughter asked me not to. I asked why and she said it'll keep going up in value and to leave it to her.

I LOVE IT! Not because she's a music enthusiast, but because she's an unabashed, unsentimental capitalist, just like her mother!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:47

hockenheim95
treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues

I believe this will sell less than Atlantic City

Aside from concert tickets, can't imagine them selling a helluva lot of anything at this point.
They could limit it to 10,000, and there would be plenty of leftovers destined for the clearance bin some day.
But no doubt 99% of the fans on this site will buy it, as well as a few thousand others around the world.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 24, 2022 22:55

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow

COME ON! What are you going to leave your heirs, and don't say money. Some things are more precious.

Actually something true and funny, I started listing my 'catalogue' on discogs just creating an inventory and it was astonishing how much the value is. The funny thing was I mentioned I might start liquidating and my teenager daughter asked me not to. I asked why and she said it'll keep going up in value and to leave it to her.

I LOVE IT! Not because she's a music enthusiast, but because she's an unabashed, unsentimental capitalist, just like her mother!

Seems like you got it made....!

I'll be leaving an heir that he/she only will be getting if he/she has the REAL spirit, as I have 12 gold teeth. Maybe I'll upgrade them to emeralds later on

But honestly, there was a while I used to purchase 2 copies of the vinyls, so I have about 40 sealed ones, but I managed to quit that habit around 2016

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-24 23:08 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 24, 2022 23:05

schwonek
Irix
[Mora.jp]

sounds too good… heavily overdubbed?

Date: March 24, 2022 23:26

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Erik_Snow

Seems like you got it made....!

I'll be leaving an heir that he/she only will be getting if he/she has the REAL spirit, as I have 12 gold teeth. Maybe I'll upgrade them to emeralds later on

But honestly, there was a while I used to purchase 2 copies of the vinyls, so I have about 40 sealed ones, but I managed to quit that habit around 2016

HA! Good for you. I keep thinking the releases will stop, but they never do. I've actually not bought the last couple of live releases, Atlantic City and The Rio release. Didn't buy the superdeluxe of Tattoo You yet either.

I just wasn't into it...maybe if they go on a screaming sale I'll consider it.

I will be getting The El though.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 24, 2022 23:27

I don‘t think it will be overdubbed. With a small stage like that you can‘t just delete a guitar track and do it over in the studio, because with all the mic bleed you‘d still hear the original guitar track and notice the overdub (like in Crackin‘ Up on LYL)

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 24, 2022 23:50

here's the single that was originally shared here a couple weeks ago for those that didn't catch it then

we

i did some minor editing first i added slight fades at the beginning and end and fixed a gap between iorr and rip this joint

Date: March 24, 2022 23:55

Credits from [www.e-onkyo.com] :

The Rolling Stones [MainArtist], The Glimmer Twins [Producer], Bob Clearmountain [StudioPersonnel], Bob Clearmountain [Mixer], Brandon Duncan [StudioPersonnel], Brandon Duncan [Assistant Mixer], Bill Wyman [AssociatedPerformer], Bill Wyman [Bass Guitar], Charlie Watts [AssociatedPerformer], Charlie Watts [Drums], Ian Stewart [AssociatedPerformer], Ian Stewart [Piano], Keith Richards [AssociatedPerformer], Keith Richards [Guitar], Keith Richards [Vocals], Keith Richards [ComposerLyricist], Mick Jagger [AssociatedPerformer], Mick Jagger [Acoustic Guitar], Mick Jagger [Harmonica], Mick Jagger [Vocals], Mick Jagger [ComposerLyricist], Ronnie Wood [AssociatedPerformer], Ronnie Wood [Background Vocalist], Ronnie Wood [Guitar], Billy Preston [AssociatedPerformer], Billy Preston [Keyboards], Ollie Brown [AssociatedPerformer], Ollie Brown [Percussion], Stephen Marcussen [StudioPersonnel], Stephen Marcussen [Mastering Engineer], Stewart Whitmore [StudioPersonnel], Stewart Whitmore [Assistant Mastering Engineer]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 24, 2022 23:59

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 00:04 by maumau.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 25, 2022 00:47

Collections are only worth what the next person will buy them for.For me it’s better to enjoy the product rather than it to be sat in plastic.No guarantee it’s gonna increase in value.

Date: March 25, 2022 01:00

YouTube- and Spotify-Links now working in Central Europe (due to 0:00am, 25-Mar-2022).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-25 08:15 by Irix.

Date: March 25, 2022 01:12

Irix
Youtube- and Spotify-Links now working in Central Europe.

That's why Erik Snow, and others, buy 2 copies. Museum copy and play copy.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home