Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 14, 2022 22:32

TeaAtThree
Not the Holy Grail???
We've been pissing and moaning about this for 45 years!!

T@3

LOL, eggzactly! ... this is the Holy Grail for any hardcore Stones fan that I know!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 14, 2022 22:35

LeonidP
TeaAtThree
Not the Holy Grail???
We've been pissing and moaning about this for 45 years!!

T@3

LOL, eggzactly! ... this is the Holy Grail for any hardcore Stones fan that I know!

thumbs up + 1

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: March 14, 2022 22:48

I just wonder why it is not mixed like side 3 of Love You Live.
It seems every holy grail is getting messed up.

First Steel Wheels Live Atlantic City. Someone deaf must've touched the board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 22:53 by Muddyw.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2022 23:10

StonedRambler
Mick's vocals sound really atrocious... Even worse than on the 1975 tour.

Wait till you hear "Worried About You"! >grinning smiley<
The version that circulates on fan tapes has truly dreadful MJ vocals. Hopefully Mick redid them when they overdubbed the tapes a few days after the double gig.

Enough moaning this is going to be a GREAT release. Did anyone notice it's aimed at us the IORR loonies : each track played during these 2 nights is represented on the set! Even the tentative WAY or the probably equally tentative/dodgy "Melody"! thumbs up

They could have easily put just the "strong" tracks but this is a comprehensive set. Lovely!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 20:03 by dcba.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 14, 2022 23:12

i´m exited to Carnaby will release his exclusive red edition!!!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 15, 2022 00:08

Muddyw
I just wonder why it is not mixed like side 3 of Love You Live.
It seems every holy grail is getting messed up.

First Steel Wheels Live Atlantic City. Someone deaf must've touched the board.

I agree. But I also found the Brussels Affair mix quite good compared to the bootlegs. But Atlantic City sucks. Compared to the good mix on Flashpoint.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 15, 2022 00:10

dcba
Enough moaning this is going to be a GREAT release. Did anyone notice it's aimed at us the IORR loonies : each track played during these 2 nights is represented on the set! Even the tentative WAY or the probably equally tentative/dodgy "Melody"! thumbs up

They could have easily put just the "strong" tracks but this is a comprehensive set. Lovely!

+ 1 thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 15, 2022 01:11

Looking so forward to this release...

Date: March 15, 2022 01:33

I remember reading somewhere that they played Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses live at one or two shows in 1971. I think maybe it was in one of Bill's books that I read it. It was right before the album came somewhere in the UK.

If the this is true, at least to me, this would be one of the Holy Grail concerts to release.

Let's just hope we get a decent mix of this release. I am sure there will be overdubs and more likely than not some new vocals, but I hope they leave some of it alone.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 15, 2022 02:47

georgemcdonnell314
I remember reading somewhere that they played Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses live at one or two shows in 1971. I think maybe it was in one of Bill's books that I read it. It was right before the album came somewhere in the UK.

If the this is true, at least to me, this would be one of the Holy Grail concerts to release.

Let's just hope we get a decent mix of this release. I am sure there will be overdubs and more likely than not some new vocals, but I hope they leave some of it alone.

They dont overdub archive live releases. If anything, this will be rawer than the 4 songs on LYL because they were overdubbed and edited prior to release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 02:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 15, 2022 04:14

IORR is tuned in G here not B, am I correct?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 15, 2022 04:25

This release certainly surpasses any expectations I had. I thought for sure that a full recording of either of the two shows didn't exist, otherwise they would have at least circulated at some point. Pretty amazing that we're getting this, If I do say so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 04:26 by ryanpow.

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 15, 2022 06:09

donvis

B

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 07:19

ARE we’re getting it? Wasn’t it to be announced 9 or 14/3?

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 15, 2022 09:17

georgemcdonnell314

Not that I would love to hear it (if they really played it), but if "Knocking" really went so bad as they have told us (although those descriptions and their reference have been pretty vague), I am afraid that it would be just a matter of pleasing a historical curiosity. The attraction might disappear pretty quickly.

That said, any show from 1962 to 1973 would be a blessing to me. After 1973, probably only the exceptional El Mocambo has been about the only one that's been holygrailing me (although looking forward Paris 76, and why not Knebworth too). And now we are going to get it!

- Doxa

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 15, 2022 09:45

DeeGee
AntoineParis
[we.tl]. It sounds like 75 tour. Huge Arena sound. Very weird.

If you don’t mind my asking where did you
get this from?
This is definitely the original recording
since you’re hearing Billy Preston sing and Oli Brown
on percussion.
But the sound editing between the songs
can’t be the final thing.
It’s a harsh/bloody cut between both songs
and the mix is horribly.
This can only be a non official preview.
So again - Where did you get this?

But thanks for sharing it I love the energy and the
way they played.

From facebook, i forgot which page.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 15, 2022 10:02

Doxa
georgemcdonnell314

Not that I would love to hear it (if they really played it), but if "Knocking" really went so bad as they have told us (although those descriptions and their reference have been pretty vague), I am afraid that it would be just a matter of pleasing a historical curiosity. The attraction might disappear pretty quickly.

That said, any show from 1962 to 1973 would be a blessing to me. After 1973, probably only the exceptional El Mocambo has been about the only one that's been holygrailing me (although looking forward Paris 76, and why not Knebworth too). And now we are going to get it!

- Doxa

Where did you hear we are getting Paris 76? About time if true!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 15, 2022 10:39

Paul Kersey

Nothing sure for that one (Aux Abattoirs), but it has been rumoured here for some years as an edition in FROM THE VAULTS series (and I recall the sources being rather reliable). With 'getting' I only meant El Mocambo. Sorry if I was vague.

- Doxa

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: March 15, 2022 11:19

Doxa
Paul Kersey

Nothing sure for that one (Aux Abattoirs), but it has been rumoured here for some years as an edition in FROM THE VAULTS series (and I recall the sources being rather reliable). With 'getting' I only meant El Mocambo. Sorry if I was vague.

- Doxa

Ah I see. Something from 76 is long overdue for sure!

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: March 15, 2022 12:55

Is this a RUMOUR or DEFINITE?

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 15, 2022 12:59

z
donvis

B

open G capo 4

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 15, 2022 13:00

guyrachel
Is this a RUMOUR or DEFINITE?
It is well defined rumor
[www.fnac.com]
The release is listed at FNAC but the links do not work.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 15, 2022 14:38

Great to hear the sample! I agree it has too much of an arena sound, but it's okay, still very enjoyable. I guess you'll have to imagine that you're standing in the very back of the club.

Posted by: AlohaDoug ()
Date: March 15, 2022 14:44

LieB
I guess you'll have to imagine that you're standing in the very back of the club.

I'll suffer through that. cool smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 15, 2022 18:25

georgemcdonnell314

That’s the Holy Grail, the White Whale, etc for me too. I don’t care if the performance wasn’t up to their standards, they had higher standards back then!

My hope is the Stones taped a bunch of performances and have them in the vault somewhere. I have to imagine a bootleg would have surfaced by now.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2022 20:03

TravelinMan

My hope is the Stones taped a bunch of performances and have them in the vault somewhere.

Logically if we follow the taping pattern of other tours (69 70 71 72 73) pro-tapes are made of the last gigs of a tour when the band is "hot".

An early gig should only exist as a raw "board" cassette.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2022 20:11

bitusa2012
ARE we’re getting it? Wasn’t it to be announced 9 or 14/3?

They must be busy now with the tour announcement and Keith with the Main Offender rerelease, which may explain why the release date seems to be now on mid-May (probably on 13). [iorr.org]

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 15, 2022 20:18

DandelionPowderman
Dorn

about 10 years ago some exec from the music industry told me that for some time already there was only one mastering , used for all formats, and that is mp3. even for vinyl releases

He was pulling your leg.

mine ? i was not even involved in this discussions so far

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 20:38

TravelinMan
georgemcdonnell314

That’s the Holy Grail, the White Whale, etc for me too. I don’t care if the performance wasn’t up to their standards, they had higher standards back then!

My hope is the Stones taped a bunch of performances and have them in the vault somewhere. I have to imagine a bootleg would have surfaced by now.
Other holy grails:1968 New Music Express performance of JJ Flash, a complete film of any 1972 or1973show, preferably 1972; Any additional recordings of Ry Cooder and the Stones; complete film of 1975 stadium show; any Beggars Banquet or Let it Bleed sessions with additional contributions by Brian;any recordings of Gram Parsons and Keith ;a great sounding 1972 show

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 15, 2022 20:52

Taylor1
TravelinMan
georgemcdonnell314

Other holy grails:1968 New Music Express performance of JJ Flash, a complete film of any 1972 or1973show, preferably 1972; Any additional recordings of Ry Cooder and the Stones; complete film of 1975 stadium show; any Beggars Banquet or Let it Bleed sessions with additional contributions by Brian;any recordings of Gram Parsons and Keith ;a great sounding 1972 show

Crawdaddy 1963 is on top of my list of holy grails. That recording deserves a release, regardless of how its sound quality may be.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home