Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 14, 2022 09:49

It sounds the same as the Brussels release, the same fuzzy guitars and overloaded drums. The echo seem to fade away after a minute or 2, at least to my ears.

Fantastic release, but I do hope this sound is caused by the video rip, and that the actual release sounds better.

Mathijs

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 14, 2022 10:10

Isn't there some kind of contractural thing if they want to use Bill's likeness? I was just looking at Roundhay Park and he's only included in 3 photos, all group photos, and in two of them his image is slightly cut off. And those photos are from the enclosed little booklet that came with the Blu-Ray. I'm assuming they pretty much have to show him in that respect. Almost like a sideman, instead of a full-fledged Rolling Stone, which he was. Other than that there's not one photo of him on the cover, or the back.

I know Bill gets paid for these vault series adventures he plays on. He said so himself. Maybe that's all he cares about. They can erase him, or cut of him out of all the photos, but they can't erase his bass playing, the best they'll ever have.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 14, 2022 10:19

AntoineParis
[we.tl].
It sounds like 75 tour. Huge Arena sound. Very weird.

It's (again) a problem of loud mastering. In VLC use the pre-amp tool to decrease the output level and suddenly the music sounds better.

Kramer may have messed up the taping of the 1st night but he more than made up for his mistake on the 2nd night. The sample sounds great!

And the almost sexual build-up during IORR is irresistible!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 14, 2022 11:24

DandelionPowderman
Krzysztof
Super news! Tracklisting is interesting, but 3 song (Melody, Luxury, Worried About You) maybe from 4 march. Keith mentioned that first show was worst. In article from Chet Flippo reported songs they played 5 march (from article Rolling Stone): „Honky Tonk Women” „Route 66,” „Little Red Rooster,” „Hand Of Fate,” Muddy Waters’ „Mannish Boy,” „Worried Life Blues,” „Brown Sugar,” „Dance Little Sister,” „Let’s Spend The Night Together,” „Cracking Up” (a new song with a reggae twist), „Hot Stuff,” „All Down The Line,” „Fool To Cry,” „Crazy Mama,” „Rellin’ And Rocking’,” „Tumbling Dice,” „Star Star,” „It’s Only Rock And Roll,” „Jumpin’ Jack Flash.”

Fleix Appeli reported list song from 4/5 March:
1. Route 66;
2. All Down The Line;
3. Around And Around:
4. Brown Sugar;
5. Crazy Mama;
6. Dance Little Sister;
7. Fool To Cry;
8. Hand Of Fate;
9. Honky Tonk Women;
10. Hot Stuff;
11. It’s Only Rock 'n Roll;
12. Jumpin’ Jack Flash;
13. Let’s Spend The Night Together;
14. Little Red Rooster;
15. Mannish Boy;
16. Crackin’ Up;
17. Melody;
18. Starfu*ker;
19. Luxury:
20 Tumbling Dice;
21. Worried About You.

Karnbach said in book wrote, that Stones played Route 66 as opener in 4 March. Set list from 5 March:
Honky Tonk Women, All Down The Line, Around And Around, Brown Sugar, Crazy Mama, Dance Little Sister, Fool To Cry, Hand Of Fate, Route 66, Hot Stuff, It’s Only Rock 'n’ Roll, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Let’s Spend The Night Together, Little Red Rooster, Mannish Boy, Cracking Up, Melody, Star Star, Street Fighting Man, Tumbling Dice, Worried About You.

Maybe on release Stones choose Complete 5 March show.

Rip This Joint is missing on both nights...

And then there’s Worried Life Blues….

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 11:56

Lovin the sample, although Jagger's voice sounds as if he is singing in a stadium / large arena with loads of echo/reverb

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 14, 2022 12:38

24FPS
Isn't there some kind of contractural thing if they want to use Bill's likeness? I was just looking at Roundhay Park and he's only included in 3 photos, all group photos, and in two of them his image is slightly cut off. And those photos are from the enclosed little booklet that came with the Blu-Ray. I'm assuming they pretty much have to show him in that respect. Almost like a sideman, instead of a full-fledged Rolling Stone, which he was. Other than that there's not one photo of him on the cover, or the back.

I know Bill gets paid for these vault series adventures he plays on. He said so himself. Maybe that's all he cares about. They can erase him, or cut of him out of all the photos, but they can't erase his bass playing, the best they'll ever have.

Who knows what the truth is. It is strange. The idea of them intentionally erasing him out of their history is just so absurd... Bianca once said that they are like a nazi regime, but being that Sovietica, huh... The most I think them being is like having some inner circle fun with Bill ('let' s see what our librarian - who quitted - thinks about this, hehehe). But who knows how their actual relationship businesswise is nowadays. It could be them thinking that Bill supposed to be proud if he gets his photo on the cover of their release. But Bill could be like 'I am a proud man indeed, but to put my photo there will cost you money, guys'. And then 'see ya, Bill'... (we know Mick is not easy with money, but reading Bill's books one can also see that he really is awere of his cents).

Anyway, in the case of this release, it looks like that the most natural explanation could be something like that not too much thought had put on it visually. Just a tongue on a cover plus photos of the most famous Stones members from the last 30 years or something. A pretty minimal effort. Some might call even lazy by the old standards.

But in this case, the old wisdom 'you can't judge the book by looking at its cover' really holds true...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-14 12:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: March 14, 2022 13:04

AntoineParis
[we.tl]. It sounds like 75 tour. Huge Arena sound. Very weird.

If you don’t mind my asking where did you
get this from?
This is definitely the original recording
since you’re hearing Billy Preston sing and Oli Brown
on percussion.
But the sound editing between the songs
can’t be the final thing.
It’s a harsh/bloody cut between both songs
and the mix is horribly.
This can only be a non official preview.
So again - Where did you get this?

But thanks for sharing it I love the energy and the
way they played.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: March 14, 2022 13:22

EL MOCAMBO! Holy Cow — we have wanted this since Love You Live was released — I wasn’t even 20 when that album was released — remember ?
We called side 3 of the vinyl THE EL MOCAMBO side !

Personally I couldn’t be more thrilled —The Stones giving us what you asked for—
Can’t wait to blast it through my house and let the music reignite all those memories of what my brain tells me was a simpler time — thanks Mick !!

My .02

Date: March 14, 2022 14:24

DeeGee
AntoineParis

get this from?
on percussion.
and the mix is horribly.

But thanks for sharing it I love the energy and the
way they played.

I think the mix sounds fine. Horrible? Every instrument is clear and balanced.

Clearly, this must be the IORR/Rip This Joint-single that was held back.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 14:27

DeeGee
AntoineParis

get this from?
on percussion.
and the mix is horribly.

Modern mastering eye rolling smiley No dynamic range - what a bummer! I always liked the boot and LYL side 3 and 4. Think I skip like Tatto You 40th.

Date: March 14, 2022 14:29

glimmertwin1
DeeGee
AntoineParis

get this from?
on percussion.
and the mix is horribly.

Modern mastering eye rolling smiley No dynamic range - what a bummer! I always liked the boot and LYL side 3 and 4. Think I skip like Tatto You 40th.

Depends on which medium you're buying. Remember that vinyl has a different mastering.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 14, 2022 14:41

DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1
DeeGee
AntoineParis

get this from?
on percussion.
and the mix is horribly.

Depends on which medium you're buying. Remember that vinyl has a different mastering.

I hope it ain't brickwalled on CD, that for sure would be a big let down.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: March 14, 2022 14:57

The brickwall limiter is a cheap solution

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 14, 2022 17:03

Awful artwork, but I don't mind, the music is what really counts for me. This will be a blast. Hope my neighbours will be kind.....

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 14, 2022 17:07

On the subject of brick walling and mastering I believe the CDs will as usual have this problem. The vinyl might be better, hope so. What they could do is make a uncompressed digital download version. That would be nice. Anyhow I’m looking forward to the release.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 14, 2022 17:15

Release of the year! Let the complaining begin...tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: March 14, 2022 17:18

drwatts
You are driving too fast! First we should discuss Japanese bonus track winking smiley

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: March 14, 2022 17:21

To bad there is no video of the shows also being released.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 14, 2022 18:12

Simply incredible, I was looking for that show since yeaaarssss.
Thanks to Antoine for the 2 goodies thumbs up
That version of IORR is quite unique, I didn't recall to have heard something like that.Very Good work from Ronnie on Rip this Joint too.
March, April and now May, I don't care I know I will get it.

HMN

Date: March 14, 2022 19:13

drwatts

Complaining is what holds every thread together ... !
LYL is Vegas/sloppy/soulless
The cover is bad/garish/disappointing
The mix is a crime/brickwalled to death

Now that it is finally becoming available, El Mocambo is no longer the Holy Grail it has always been for fans but one enormous disappointment on an outrageous four discs that's just another cynical ploy and can we just point out Keith's sloppy playing on .... *Name that tune*

Much more importantly, do you think the four cuts featured on LYL will be included here without the overdubs?

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 14, 2022 19:13

Date: March 14, 2022 19:40

Wow, have listened three times. Band is tight, guitars are great. Nice fills by Wood during RTJ! You know it's El Mocambo between songs, it's the same as LYL. F'n fantastic.....they are playing loose like a club, better than any '76 drinking smiley

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 14, 2022 19:50

Mick's vocals sound really atrocious... Even worse than on the 1975 tour. And the band is not tight at all. How can this be considered the "holy grail", I don't get it...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 14, 2022 20:16

I dig it. Sounds great. I have never like IORR that much as a single, or especially live. Except for this version. The band sounds much, much better than on LYL. Tighter, more into it. And different from the way they sounded in '75/76, or even how they would sound a year later on the '78 tour. Can't wait.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: March 14, 2022 20:20

DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1

about 10 years ago some exec from the music industry told me that for some time already there was only one mastering , used for all formats, and that is mp3. even for vinyl releases

Date: March 14, 2022 20:33

And I ripped the MP3 and burned it to disc, sounds frippin great can't hear any echos or reverbs. This really wasn't Jagger's best vocal period......(75-77)

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: March 14, 2022 20:46

It’s a shame they didn’t master this release like Roundhouse 1971. Those 5 tracks are sounding just perfect!

Date: March 14, 2022 21:09

Dorn
DandelionPowderman
glimmertwin1

about 10 years ago some exec from the music industry told me that for some time already there was only one mastering , used for all formats, and that is mp3. even for vinyl releases

He was pulling your leg.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 14, 2022 22:15

I’ve heard this too about one master file used for CD and Vinyl. This comes from a friend that visited a record plant in the Czech. I believe my friend but maybe that guy wasn’t honest. Anyhow that’s the extent of what I know on the subject. Getting back to uncompressed and higher dynamic range I can sense a better rounded sound that doesn’t overdrive my ear drums. And by the way I have considerable hearing loss and can still hear the difference. This subject is near and dear to me and I’m hopeful someday soon there’s a return to quality sound.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 14, 2022 22:26

Mathijs
It sounds the same as the Brussels release, the same fuzzy guitars and overloaded drums. The echo seem to fade away after a minute or 2, at least to my ears.

Fantastic release, but I do hope this sound is caused by the video rip, and that the actual release sounds better.

Mathijs

I agree, the mix sounds like Brussels.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home