Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 17:16

24FPS
mick64
also reissue Love you Live

It's not worth it. Ya Yas and Brussells are top of the heap. Even Flashpoint and Still Life are better than LYL.

YaYas and Brussels are indeed top of the pile. Flashpoint is sterile. Still Life is “thin” sounding.

LYL is rough, tough, shambolic, energetic pure rock and roll. WAY better than sterile and “thin”.

LYL is a great live record, though I have always thought side 3 didn’t belong. I love it. But it simply don’t belong on LYL.

I hope for the full show from the Mocambo. If it doesn’t eventuate, I’ll hunt down the original poster!! LOL.

Rod

Date: March 10, 2022 17:25

Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 10, 2022 18:34

I love Factory Girl from Flashpoint. ("Bill doesn't know.") And the 20 Flight Rock - Going to a Go Go twosome from Still Life. They beat anything on side 1, 2, and 4 of Love You Live.

Date: March 10, 2022 18:46

DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

To my ears the sound of Still Life has always been “thin”, as in, not full. It’s always sounded empty. Compared to the sound of YaYas and LYL it is completely devoid of soul. It’s empty. It’s.. thin. Plus, I HATE Jagger’s vocals on this record, in this era.

No amount of repeated listening (and I DO listen to it, well Going to a GoGo and Twenty Flight Rock and occasionally Time is on my Side) or watching that dreadful concert video/DVD improves it. It’s quite listless and easily the worst sounding official live Stones record there is, even worse that the shiny Flashpoint.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 18:47 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2022 20:43

Whats ya thoughts on Rivita Thins please Rod
Oh and please keep it to under 300 words thanks
.......hhhhaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:30

They sound different in 81, because they change their amps, Mesa boogie heads instead of Ampeg.The Ampeg sound is more warmer and it was the case in 69/72/73/75/76
Still Life sounds different but not thin they also use more reverb on the 81 tour, to make some songs more vintage.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:37

Amps may impact the way a band sounds on stage, but the way the album sounds is largely dependent upon post production. Mixing and mastering can make a fat show sound thin and a thin show sound fat! And that doesn't even take overdubs into consideration.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:41

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

To my ears the sound of Still Life has always been “thin”, as in, not full. It’s always sounded empty. Compared to the sound of YaYas and LYL it is completely devoid of soul. It’s empty. It’s.. thin. Plus, I HATE Jagger’s vocals on this record, in this era.

No amount of repeated listening (and I DO listen to it, well Going to a GoGo and Twenty Flight Rock and occasionally Time is on my Side) or watching that dreadful concert video/DVD improves it. It’s quite listless and easily the worst sounding official live Stones record there is, even worse that the shiny Flashpoint.

Love this record. Jagger fabulous. I think there's a bit of reverb, maybe that's what you mean by 'thin'?

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 22:43

Love You Live would have been better if the bulk of the songs came from the 1975 tour. The If You Can't Rock Me and YCAGWYW are the two of the worst .

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 10, 2022 23:19

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

I agree. Still Life was (and is) a disaster. I had been fan since 1974, but SL made me take a break I returned to Stones-fandom by Steel Wheels (which hasn't aged that well though). I look forward to the El Mocambo-release...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 23:20 by GetYerAngie.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 10, 2022 23:44

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

Exactly this. I was used to the Hampton sound before (complete tape & Grand Finale boot LP) and Still Life in comparison sounded exactly like you describe it. I think the life was taken out at mixing stage.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 11, 2022 02:25

5strings
They sound different in 81, because they change their amps, Mesa boogie heads instead of Ampeg.The Ampeg sound is more warmer and it was the case in 69/72/73/75/76
Still Life sounds different but not thin they also use more reverb on the 81 tour, to make some songs more vintage.

Interesting. Good information

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 11, 2022 04:35

Oops

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 11, 2022 05:35

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

Aside from some dismal performances on STILL LIFE, the sound of the album is kicking and full. But that's my ears. It's always sounded fantastic to me.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 11, 2022 07:35

GasLightStreet
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

Aside from some dismal performances on STILL LIFE, the sound of the album is kicking and full. But that's my ears. It's always sounded fantastic to me.

But there's nothing memorable on side 1, 2, and 4 of LYL. Not one standout track to be remembered. It's just..........there.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 11, 2022 07:58

This Japanese website is offering what seems to be a single taken from this release.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 11, 2022 08:09

Cristiano Radtke
This Japanese website is offering what seems to be a single taken from this release.

With release day March 11! It seems to be like this gem will indeed be announced today with a single Release! Cheers to the bar owner in Buenos Aires!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 11, 2022 08:25

Exciting. thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 11, 2022 10:24

Well, isn't this a way to tease us about a tour? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 10:25 by Topi.

Date: March 11, 2022 11:39

24FPS
GasLightStreet
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman
Thin? How?

[www.youtube.com]

But there's nothing memorable on side 1, 2, and 4 of LYL. Not one standout track to be remembered. It's just..........there.

Apart from the best HTW ever, you mean? smiling smiley

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: March 11, 2022 11:44

DandelionPowderman

And the best IORR - from Toronto btw winking smiley))
And the best Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar, and the best JJF

I just love it

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 11, 2022 11:58

DeeGee
DandelionPowderman

I just love it

thumbs up ................As a 17 year old I got sacked from a record shop I worked in...............for playing it too loud.....(and attracting the "wrong type of person",,,,,,,,,cool smiley

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:25

24FPS
I love Factory Girl from Flashpoint. ("Bill doesn't know.") And the 20 Flight Rock - Going to a Go Go twosome from Still Life. They beat anything on side 1, 2, and 4 of Love You Live.

Well, you do know what they say about opinions, right?

Date: March 11, 2022 12:28

DeeGee
DandelionPowderman

I just love it

IORR is excellent. Same with SFTD, Hot Stuff, Happy, You Gotta Move...

Posted by: MuddyJaggrich ()
Date: March 11, 2022 12:30

Hello, this is not a "still life"-thread. Any further informations about El Mocambo?

Date: March 11, 2022 12:40

Rockman

Whats ya thoughts on Rivita Thins please Rod
Oh and please keep it to under 300 words thanks
.......hhhhaaaaaaa

Just not substantive enough for me Rocky

Rod

Date: March 11, 2022 13:07

MuddyJaggrich
Hello, this is not a "still life"-thread. Any further informations about El Mocambo?

We're on Love You Live now. We're getting there... smoking smiley

You saw the single, right? IORR/Rip This Joint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 13:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: March 11, 2022 13:11

Are they really releasing it - just too good to be true.
I'd love to know Nicos source winking smiley

Anyway, I'm ready - lets do it

---
5 Strings, 2 Hands, 1 A*****e

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2022 13:23

DeeGee
Are they really releasing it - just too good to be true.
I'd love to know Nicos source winking smiley

Anyway, I'm ready - lets do it

They do a lot of nice things right now. Keef just had a great Winos gig, an upcoming tour is teased and will be announced soon, and yeah, El Mocambo.... Looks like the 60th Anniversary party has just started...

- Doxa

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 11, 2022 13:49

DeeGee
DandelionPowderman

I just love it

AMEN

IORR and Dice are FANTASTIC on LYL

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home