Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 9, 2022 16:49

schillid

The Rolling Stones live at El Mocambo ...

How long have they been living there?

... to be released

Glad that they will be released.

LOL!

I was thrilled when Keith got released!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 9, 2022 16:56

Very excited! ... but from what i can tell, just an announcement for the release is expected. It might still be months away before we have it sad smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 9, 2022 17:00

slewan
illyad1960
I am not sure why the record company and the Stones don't become more aggressive with their live and vault releases. Springsteen and the Dead offer fans downloading of audio. The Dead make everyone of their shows downloadable from a mixed soundboard source. As everyone knows from this site, video could be DL also. Stones will find out the same as the Dylan camp did with the pro shots from past tours; you sat on the chocolate too long.

a problem for the Stones is/might be that they are playing more or less the same setlist every show since I don't know when (except on the licks tours). For most (casual) fans that means: if you have one show (from each tour) you have more or less all/everything

My best guess is Mick Jagger is very particular about what is released.

I remember a story I read about how somebody (producer or engineer) felt "Fool to Cry" was fabulous at a certain point but Mick was not satisfied with the song. I guess Mick knew the song had even more potential? Compare "Static in the Attic" version to "Black and Blue."

Does anyone know about this interview. I'd like to read it again.

I find it interesting, if Mick is particular about working very hard to get the official releases to be their best that the Stones don't try to stop bootleg releases.

Thanks for allowing bootlegs, Mick. We really enjoy all of the Rolling Stones music we can get!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 9, 2022 17:08

Maindefender
georgelicks
dcba
TheGreek

This is a great point and goes with Experience Hendrix as well. Very few non-Boomers will buy these rarities physical deluxe packages, and that’s where the companies make their money. It’s like they don’t understand the market.

Exactly , as if they don't understand they are leaving $ behind !

Jagger must have come to the realisation that compared to a 5?-8? million gig it's peanuts. And it's a lot of work for him : revisiting the past - sth he never was confortable with - choosing the best outtakes, writing new lyrics, adding musical parts and... facing disappointing sales.

Nah planning a bunch of gigs is the better option.

Sadly the best times to release these outtakes or live shows from the vaults are way down the past, about 20-25 years too late,

The sales now for vintage acts are almost zero, over 60-70% of the buying public interested is dead and the tourists going to Stones shows now could care less about shows from 50 years ago or outtakes, they know a couple of warhorses and that's it.

So what’s the point of the repeated mentioning of sales this and sales that? I couldn’t care less if I’m the only one who buys the treasures that come out this year.

The Grateful Dead have a subscription for their Dave’s Picks series where they release four shows per year. I believe they cap at around 22,000 physical units per release. Plus they do one or two other releases each year. I’ve never questioned their business model for doing such decisions. It’s an absolute pleasure…..

Stones album sales were at Gold level at least, about 10x times more than any Greateful Dead album, now they are at the same sales level, 20-25k albums sold, if the band is happy with those sales good for them.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 9, 2022 17:12

LeonidP
Very excited! ... but from what i can tell, just an announcement for the release is expected. It might still be months away before we have it sad smiley

Of course, 99% of the sales from vintage acts are physicals so the announcement is always months in advance, so we're looking at late May at least if they announce it now.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 9, 2022 18:41

Is this release actually confirmed by a reliable source in any way?

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: March 9, 2022 18:46

StonedRambler
No, it has not.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2022 18:50

Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

Yes, it was.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 9, 2022 18:57

I wouldn't count on this. Paris 76 was also "confirmed" some years ago by usually reliable people on this forum. Sometimes even people with good connections catch up on rumours.

Date: March 9, 2022 18:57

Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 9, 2022 19:02

StonedRambler
I wouldn't count on this. Paris 76 was also "confirmed" some years ago by usually reliable people on this forum. Sometimes even people with good connections catch up on rumours.

Or the Stones change their plans...

Date: March 9, 2022 19:29

Cristiano Radtke
Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

Yes, it was.
I don’t believe you.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 9, 2022 19:36

georgelicks
Maindefender
georgelicks
dcba
TheGreek

This is a great point and goes with Experience Hendrix as well. Very few non-Boomers will buy these rarities physical deluxe packages, and that’s where the companies make their money. It’s like they don’t understand the market.

Jagger must have come to the realisation that compared to a 5?-8? million gig it's peanuts. And it's a lot of work for him : revisiting the past - sth he never was confortable with - choosing the best outtakes, writing new lyrics, adding musical parts and... facing disappointing sales.

Sadly the best times to release these outtakes or live shows from the vaults are way down the past, about 20-25 years too late,

The sales now for vintage acts are almost zero, over 60-70% of the buying public interested is dead and the tourists going to Stones shows now could care less about shows from 50 years ago or outtakes, they know a couple of warhorses and that's it.

So what’s the point of the repeated mentioning of sales this and sales that? I couldn’t care less if I’m the only one who buys the treasures that come out this year.

The Grateful Dead have a subscription for their Dave’s Picks series where they release four shows per year. I believe they cap at around 22,000 physical units per release. Plus they do one or two other releases each year. I’ve never questioned their business model for doing such decisions. It’s an absolute pleasure…..

Stones album sales were at Gold level at least, about 10x times more than any Greateful Dead album, now they are at the same sales level, 20-25k albums sold, if the band is happy with those sales good for them.

Agree

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 9, 2022 19:43

Jfk19562003
Cristiano Radtke
Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

Yes, it was.
I don’t believe you.

I'm just the messenger, not the source. winking smiley

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 9, 2022 20:00

DandelionPowderman
Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

?

So what exactly are we basing 10 pages of hype on? I mean, hey I'd love to see this but as I scan through this thread, nothing has really convinced me that its actually happening. Again, I hope so

Date: March 9, 2022 20:07

Mr. Jimi
DandelionPowderman
Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

?

So what exactly are we basing 10 pages of hype on? I mean, hey I'd love to see this but as I scan through this thread, nothing has really convinced me that its actually happening. Again, I hope so

When Nico says we can expect an announcement March 11, it won't be pure guesswork.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 9, 2022 20:08

also reissue Love you Live

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2022 21:40

mick64

It's not worth it. Ya Yas and Brussells are top of the heap. Even Flashpoint and Still Life are better than LYL.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 9, 2022 22:04

24FPS
mick64

It's not worth it. Ya Yas and Brussells are top of the heap. Even Flashpoint and Still Life are better than LYL.

Oh get over it. Enjoy your plashpoint.

Date: March 10, 2022 00:28

DandelionPowderman
Mr. Jimi
DandelionPowderman
Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

?

When Nico says we can expect an announcement March 11, it won't be pure guesswork.
So this person Nico is usually right? Is he a Stone?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2022 01:24

no he's fairly well built
weighs in around eleven stone ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 10, 2022 01:32

Jfk19562003
DandelionPowderman
Mr. Jimi
DandelionPowderman
Jfk19562003
StonedRambler
No, it has not.

?

So this person Nico is usually right? Is he a Stone?

yes he is (right that is not a stone)

for example

if it wasn't for his post this thread would have fizzled out weeks ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-10 01:33 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: March 10, 2022 01:52

StonedRambler

Yes it is smiling smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 06:04

Who is the reliable source?

AntoineParis
StonedRambler

Yes it is smiling smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 10, 2022 06:11

georgemcdonnell314

Margaret Trudeau

AntoineParis
StonedRambler

Yes it is smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 10, 2022 06:54

georgelicks
Maindefender
georgelicks
dcba
TheGreek

The band (Mick) probably doesn't care so much, oddly enough, in what you may be perceiving. If they did none of these releases would've happened. At least based in the antiquated mindset of sales.

Universal, on the other hand...

Date: March 10, 2022 07:25

Will the cover have a photo of Mrs. Trudeau on the whitehouse lawn?

Maindefender
georgemcdonnell314

Margaret Trudeau

AntoineParis
StonedRambler

Yes it is smiling smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 09:37

georgemcdonnell314
Will the cover have a photo of Mrs. Trudeau on the whitehouse lawn?

Maindefender
georgemcdonnell314

Margaret Trudeau

AntoineParis
StonedRambler

Yes it is smiling smiley

The White House Lawn-line was about Bianca, methinks smiling smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 10, 2022 14:17

Yes Bianca and Jack Ford,President Ford’s son.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2022 16:18

hockenheim95
StonedRambler

Or the Stones change their plans...

In similar fashion a "Philie'72" release was prepared by VideoJames and okay'ed by the band then... other things happened and the project was shelved.

(Yoda voice) ; "Patience is key!" winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home