Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 83
Re: The Rolling Stones Live at El Mocambo to be released
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 21, 2022 23:51

Wow, great news! thumbs up

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 22, 2022 00:22

I've always appreciated El Mocambo, but I felt that it didn't fit on Live You Live. Being a small club show, it has it's own energy and vibe that doesn't gel with the other three sides. It really should have been released in its entirety and/or on its own. I suspect that it would have been better received as a seprate release.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 22, 2022 00:26

1975-1981was a great period..1983-1989 was one of their worst periods.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 22, 2022 01:35

Just listened to Love You Live. Yep, my original take in '77 still holds. Side 3 is great, the rest is meh. There's nothing exciting about the gigs they took the cuts from. It's where the term 'Vegas Stones' originated. Everything is there, note for note, but that's about it. Except of course for the El Mocambo side, which is a lot of fun.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 22, 2022 02:52

ELMO!!!

Posted by: yearsinthemaking ()
Date: February 22, 2022 03:42

I truly respect the author of this discussion. But where does the insider info come from that no one else seems to have in regards to a release of El Mocambo?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 22, 2022 07:24

Sighunt
I've always appreciated El Mocambo, but I felt that it didn't fit on Live You Live. Being a small club show, it has it's own energy and vibe that doesn't gel with the other three sides. It really should have been released in its entirety and/or on its own. I suspect that it would have been better received as a seprate release.

You're going by side 3. That's probably not realistic regarding the shows. Once this comes out... go from there.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 22, 2022 13:41

For me the reason why I feel this is an important release is because it takes them back to there roots of the clubs when they first started out and you get that raw and intimate vibe of what it's like playing in club and the Stones themselves certainly had a blast and that certainly comes thru on the tracks . Is it to much to hope for video ? ( I know some have said these shows were not filmed ? )

Date: February 22, 2022 13:43

dcba
TIRED

I didn't want to make the joke but since you posted some pics...
Ok let's go : grinning smiley

I hope Keith will be airbrushed from the artwork cos in 77 he looked like a walking corpse. A casual punter might be repelled by the sight of the legendary guiartist in his "March'77" (dis)incarnation.
I hear you , but what are you going to do ? Airbrush him out like they did to Bill on that one release ? That would be a glaring hole now wouldn't it ?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 22, 2022 16:05

yearsinthemaking
I truly respect the author of this discussion. But where does the insider info come from that no one else seems to have in regards to a release of El Mocambo?

thumbs up Good question.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 22, 2022 20:52

Cool setlist, I’ve always liked the song choices from the mid to late seventies era.

But can we please get a proper 1972 live release…DELUXE!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 22, 2022 22:44

TheGreek
dcba
TIRED

I didn't want to make the joke but since you posted some pics...
Ok let's go : grinning smiley

I hope Keith will be airbrushed from the artwork cos in 77 he looked like a walking corpse. A casual punter might be repelled by the sight of the legendary guiartist in his "March'77" (dis)incarnation.
I hear you , but what are you going to do ? Airbrush him out like they did to Bill on that one release ? That would be a glaring hole now wouldn't it ?

Nah, he looks fine, he's just unshaven. Regardless of whatever was going on in his life, he's always gotten himself together before going onstage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-22 22:46 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2022 23:28

I hope Keith will be airbrushed from the artwork cos in 77 he looked like a walking corpse.

Naaaaaa dont be silly ... he looks just how rocknroll should look .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 23, 2022 00:21

Last shows with Billy Preston and Ollie E.Brown.Last shows where Charlie had a crewcut.Last shows before the punk /disco craze.Last shows where Keith may have been on heroin

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 01:04

Taylor1
Last shows with Billy Preston and Ollie E.Brown.Last shows where Charlie had a crewcut.Last shows before the punk /disco craze.Last shows where Keith may have been on heroin

Umm.. While millionaire rock stars might not have noticed it, punk (Anarchy in the UK released in 26/11/76) at least was going strong by that time. Probably disco too, couldn't find a proper citation for that.
Also, I think Keith might have been on heroin in the late 90's.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 23, 2022 01:07

Taylor1

In some ways the last show of pretty much anything that had with rock'n roll to do. A milestone in stones history, and a great closure of a band heading for a new direction.

Date: February 23, 2022 01:10

S.T.P
Taylor1

In some ways the last show of pretty much anything that had with rock'n roll to do. A milestone in stones history, and a great closure of a band heading for a new direction.
Definitely.These we’re great shows

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 23, 2022 01:14

Charlie had short hair in '78 as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 01:47 by ryanpow.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 23, 2022 06:12

I surmise this show is remastered by Mick.

Date: February 23, 2022 13:16

Taylor1
Best laugh of the day award goes to this post .

Date: February 23, 2022 14:09

GhostTown2021
Taylor1

Umm.. While millionaire rock stars might not have noticed it, punk (Anarchy in the UK released in 26/11/76) at least was going strong by that time. Probably disco too, couldn't find a proper citation for that.
Also, I think Keith might have been on heroin in the late 90's.

At least he slipped a few times on the 78-tour. Not sure about 1997, though. I think Keith was just kidding in that interview when he said he 'dabbled with it'.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: February 23, 2022 14:21

Rockman
I hope Keith will be airbrushed from the artwork cos in 77 he looked like a walking corpse.

Naaaaaa dont be silly ... he looks just how rocknroll should look .....
'Elegantly wasted' I believe was the term...

Date: February 23, 2022 15:28

If the original info is correct, and if they're able to keep Mick from overdubbing, this would be a killer release.

Date: February 23, 2022 15:55

Love You Live was the first Stones album I ever heard, and the first versions of Stones songs I ever heard. My brother bought it when it came out, I think for his 21st.
Hearing the percussion, the Fanfare, that French voice the crowd, the announcer..."Le Rolleeng Stones!!!", that sort of a shuffle on the drums from Charlie and then those chords, pulling as strong as oxes, the cattle of the sun.... I'd never ever heard anything like it, ever, the power of that moment was phenomenal, and remains so. It just blew the doors right out. Those chords always will...
Side 3 is brilliant, but I've always loved side 4 - that messy, ragged It's Only Rock n Roll, the fast-as-@#$%& Brown Sugar, then the ultraviolence of Jumpin Jack Flash segueing into the incredible, violent,chaotic churning energy of LYL's Sympathy - firebombs going off, wild guitars at the maxx, a screaming Jagger, huge drums n percussion, sounds like the stage is being whipped - a cacophony of noise - it's utterly glorious. I was 14.I felt like smashing up some chairs. I was like that guy whose head explodes in Scanners.
I'd like to see that Abbatoirs film released....

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 23, 2022 17:10

MadMetaphoricalMax
Love You Live was the first Stones album I ever heard, and the first versions of Stones songs I ever heard. My brother bought it when it came out, I think for his 21st.
Hearing the percussion, the Fanfare, that French voice the crowd, the announcer..."Le Rolleeng Stones!!!", that sort of a shuffle on the drums from Charlie and then those chords, pulling as strong as oxes, the cattle of the sun.... I'd never ever heard anything like it, ever, the power of that moment was phenomenal, and remains so. It just blew the doors right out. Those chords always will...
Side 3 is brilliant, but I've always loved side 4 - that messy, ragged It's Only Rock n Roll, the fast-as-@#$%& Brown Sugar, then the ultraviolence of Jumpin Jack Flash segueing into the incredible, violent,chaotic churning energy of LYL's Sympathy - firebombs going off, wild guitars at the maxx, a screaming Jagger, huge drums n percussion, sounds like the stage is being whipped - a cacophony of noise - it's utterly glorious. I was 14.I felt like smashing up some chairs. I was like that guy whose head explodes in Scanners.
I'd like to see that Abbatoirs film released....

video: [www.youtube.com]

Brilliant analysis of LYL thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2022 17:38

I've always been a big fan of Love You Live, the only thing is that after getting my first TOTA 1975 bootlegs in the early 90s, I thought they were so much better compared to LYL. But prior to that, I listened a LOT to that double-album. Apart from the El Mocambo tracks, I think side 4 is terrific.

Date: February 23, 2022 17:42

Erik_Snow
I've always been a big fan of Love You Live, the only thing is that after getting my first TOTA 1975 bootlegs in the early 90s, I thought they were so much better compared to LYL. But prior to that, I listened a LOT to that double-album. Apart from the El Mocambo tracks, I think side 4 is terrific.

HTW, Happy, Hot Stuff and You Gotta Move are excellent, too, imo.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: February 23, 2022 18:08

MadMetaphoricalMax
Hearing the percussion, the Fanfare, that French voice the crowd, the announcer..."Le Rolleeng Stones!!!", that sort of a shuffle on the drums from Charlie and then those chords, pulling as strong as oxes, the cattle of the sun.... I'd never ever heard anything like it,the power of that moment was phenomenal, and remains so.

perfectly described, i can only second that
but don't forget the fantastic sound of that album....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 23, 2022 18:42

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow

HTW, Happy, Hot Stuff and You Gotta Move are excellent, too, imo.

They did right in leaving out Fool To Cry and Ain't Too Proud To Beg. Yes, Hot Stuff is excellent, but so was Hand Of Fate and Hey Negrita, at just about every 1976 concert.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 23, 2022 22:08

DandelionPowderman
Not sure about 1997, though. I think Keith was just kidding in that interview when he said he 'dabbled with it'.

We'll never know but the stones toured with the Blues Traveler whose bass player died of OD in 99...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 83

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home