Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Record Store Day 2022
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:14

Than it's a lot of money for some fake singles in a box.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 18, 2022 23:09

Has anyone bought anything today with RSD/
My favourite recordshop didn't get anything from what I ordered, so I stayed home and bought the Keith double cassette box on Ebay and ordered the Morricone LP "Sans Mobile Apparent" on Bol.com.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 18, 2022 23:57

I ordered the Keith double cassette at Dussmann (Germany)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2022 00:13

I lined up to get More Hot Rocks. $82.

I passed. Don't need it that bad.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 20, 2022 07:00

On the 18th I got Keith’s double cassette along with Kirk Hammett’s Portals CD and since I had my two boys with me my older was going thru the bins and found the only copy of Dio’s picture disc LP - Double Dose of Donington. Dio is his favorite vocalist and he asked me if I’d buy it for him and he’d pay me back. That was all at Newbury Comics. On the original RSD I had ordered More Hot Rocks from a shop in MN for $60. $82 is insane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-21 05:31 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 20, 2022 23:41

VoodooLounge13
On the 18th I got Keith’s double cassette along with Kirk Hammett’s Portals CD and since I had my two boys with me my older was going thru the bins and found the only copy of Dio’s picture disc LP - Double Dose of Donington. Dio is is favorite vocalist and he asked me if I’d buy it for him and he’d pay me back. That was all at Newbury Comics. On the original RSD I had ordered More Hot Rocks from a shop in MN for $60. $82 is insane.

good shopping !!

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: June 21, 2022 10:47

Has anybody else actually listened to the double-tape from Keith?
I only heard side one of the live-tape but I wonder what they (still) can produce today. The sound quality is amazing, only missing the higher frequenzies but as my hearing doesn't get better at all I'm more than satisfied.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 21, 2022 11:07

treaclefingers
I lined up to get More Hot Rocks. $82.

I passed. Don't need it that bad.

Wow, Bought it last week for 'just' €40 ($43) on a dutch webshop. 82 is insane. Buy it online, should be way cheaper.

Date: June 24, 2022 15:09

Norbert
The Rolling Stones
60th Anniversary
Event Record Store Day 2022
Release Date: 6/18/2022
Label: Philpot Recs.
Format: 5 x 7”
Quantity: 500 numbered copies

In 2022, the world celebrates 60 years of the Rolling Stones' career: the Philpot Lane label celebrates them with the release of an exclusive, elegant, limited-edition box set (only 500 hand-numbered copies) containing the extraordinary band's first five singles. The Stones' debut tracks are revived in remastered and stereo versions in a unique and absolutely collectible product dedicated to Jagger & Co. The discs contained include:
Disc 1: Side a) Come On 1:50 - Side b) I Want To Be Loved 1:51
Disc 2: Side a) Poison Ivy 2:05 - Side b) Fortune Teller 2:10
Disc 3: Side a) I Wanna Be Your Man 1:42 - Side b) Stoned 2:08
Disc 4: Side a) Baby what's wrong 3:26 - Side b) Bright Lights, Big City 2:24
Disc 5: Side a) Road Runner 3:03 - Side b) Diddley Daddy 2:38

[www.exitmusic.it]

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Does anyone know if this is an official release?

I’m curious does anyone dabble in the boot market and flip them? I’m wondering if it could generate some supplemental income…. I’d thought about buying multiple copies of the multi-colored splattered Copa Carnaby one which is official and reselling the extras for a bit more but not as bad as others were selling them. Never got to that though and didn’t even manage to get myself a copy.

Date: June 24, 2022 16:34

VoodooLounge13
Norbert
The Rolling Stones
60th Anniversary
Event Record Store Day 2022
Release Date: 6/18/2022
Label: Philpot Recs.
Format: 5 x 7”
Quantity: 500 numbered copies

In 2022, the world celebrates 60 years of the Rolling Stones' career: the Philpot Lane label celebrates them with the release of an exclusive, elegant, limited-edition box set (only 500 hand-numbered copies) containing the extraordinary band's first five singles. The Stones' debut tracks are revived in remastered and stereo versions in a unique and absolutely collectible product dedicated to Jagger & Co. The discs contained include:
Disc 1: Side a) Come On 1:50 - Side b) I Want To Be Loved 1:51
Disc 2: Side a) Poison Ivy 2:05 - Side b) Fortune Teller 2:10
Disc 3: Side a) I Wanna Be Your Man 1:42 - Side b) Stoned 2:08
Disc 4: Side a) Baby what's wrong 3:26 - Side b) Bright Lights, Big City 2:24
Disc 5: Side a) Road Runner 3:03 - Side b) Diddley Daddy 2:38

[www.exitmusic.it]

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Does anyone know if this is an official release?

I’m curious does anyone dabble in the boot market and flip them? I’m wondering if it could generate some supplemental income…. I’d thought about buying multiple copies of the multi-colored splattered Copa Carnaby one which is official and reselling the extras for a bit more but not as bad as others were selling them. Never got to that though and didn’t even manage to get myself a copy.

This is only my opinion but I think boots would be harder to go down that route on, generally. Also with boots some marketplaces aren't even available, like on DISCOGs so you're limiting your potential buyers.

I think it's hard to actually make money, particularly buying new releases as everyone and their dog is buying them and keeping them sealed. Your best bet on those is to make sure you buy on price dips as they usually happen 6-12 months after the initial release, and until the inventory sells out, then the prices slowly increases. You see that a lot with box sets.

However I think the BEST way to make money is to go to record fairs and know what to look for. Buying online you're competing against the whole world, so you get an 'accurate' market price, but little opportunity for arbitrage. But that's a lot of work.

SO...a long way to get to the conclusion, IMHO don't do it to rely on a second income, it will be spotty at best and a considerable amount of time plus you're tying up money having to keep an inventory. BUT, you can have fun doing it, and probably make money if you're patient and don't need to rely on it.

Date: June 24, 2022 19:58

Yeah that makes sense. Some say bootlegs command a bigger margin so i wasn’t sure.

Thanks Treacle.

Date: June 25, 2022 00:23

VoodooLounge13
Yeah that makes sense. Some say bootlegs command a bigger margin so i wasn’t sure.

Thanks Treacle.

Totally could be true, but I think that probably is only with a few unique releases.

Good luck with it!

Date: June 25, 2022 02:56

It’s not an area I’d really like to start getting into honestly. Too much official stuff to buy!!

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: June 25, 2022 16:25

Date: June 27, 2022 15:47

Thanks elmod. It's weird to me - since Philpot is known to be an unofficial label - that this would be listed on an official RSD website.....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2022 19:00

Hot Rocks 1964-1971 available as limited edition Gold-Vinyl exclusively at Walmart :

[Twitter.com] , [www.Walmart.com]

Date: July 8, 2022 19:05

VoodooLounge13

Thanks elmod. It's weird to me - since Philpot is known to be an unofficial label - that this would be listed on an official RSD website.....

Also listed at [www.Amazon.it] .

Date: July 9, 2022 01:38

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Also listed at [www.Amazon.it] .

Is it possible that the copyright period has past in Italy, so that any label could press it? I'd think they'd fall under general EU rules but I don't know, just speculating. 3 of the 'singles' listed were never even released as singles.

Date: July 9, 2022 06:41

Irix
Hot Rocks 1964-1971 available as limited edition Gold-Vinyl exclusively at Walmart :

Good Lord will this never end!?!?!??

Date: July 10, 2022 17:57

VoodooLounge13
Irix

Good Lord will this never end!?!?!??

yeah, pretty impossible to become a 'completist' as it were.

Date: July 10, 2022 21:54

I can't be a completist anymore with all these various vinyl releases. Hell, Licked Live is available in how many colors - 4, 5? Typically, I pick the one color that I cant to get and stick with that. There are a few exceptions - Copa is one. I have both LP colored versions, and sooooooo desperately wanted the Carnaby one, had it in my cart even, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on that price. I regret it now. Could have bought few and sold the others to make back some of the cost. I do have a few versions of Honk as well. For the modern releases, I rarely go for black vinyl unless that's all that's available like the Vault releases really, not that I have many of those. What's left on Ward is on my wishlist to buy. Even for LIAGT, I only bought the purple version, and I think it funny because now that one can't be found anywhere, but the orange is still pretty readily available. Ironically, both purple and orange are my two favorite colors. If it gets cheap enough, maybe I'll grab the orange one, too.

Date: September 14, 2022 00:26

Record Store Day - Black Friday 2022

Keith Richards Main Offender / Winos in London '92 BMG Cassette

Canadian list:
[recordstoredaycanada.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-14 00:30 by Ricky.

Date: September 14, 2022 01:36

Ricky
Record Store Day - Black Friday 2022

Canadian list:
[recordstoredaycanada.ca]

Looks like I'll be saving some money this holiday season!

Date: September 15, 2022 01:00

600 copies

An exclusive limited edition double cassette release of Keith Richards’ 2nd album, Main Offender, newly remastered under the supervision of original producer and X-Pensive Wino Steve Jordan. Also included is the Winos’ Live in London ’92 album that puts you in the front row with live versions of “Eileen,” “Hate It When you Leave,” “Happy,” and more. This live show was only previously available in the Main Offender Deluxe LP Box Set.

[recordstoreday.com]

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 15, 2022 20:32

The 2nd cassette shown is incorrect. It’s labeled as Live at the Hollywood Palladium - December 15, 1988 (Thanks Jimmy Tarquinio)

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 15, 2022 20:53

Would have been cool if they did a live EP from the Sixty Tour.

Date: September 15, 2022 21:56

frankotero
Would have been cool if they did a live EP from the Sixty Tour.

Now that I would have bought! Out of Time and a few other more rarely played tracks from various cities.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 15, 2022 22:21

Exactly!!!!

Date: November 28, 2022 12:00

Live at Checkerboard Lounge (Chicago 1981) - Opaque Red & Opaque White 2LP now € 19.99 - [www.Bravado.de] .

RS Licked Live in NYC - limited Blue Vinyl 3LP - now € 49.99 - [www.Bravado.de] .

RS Live at the El Mocambo - Neon Vinyl 4LP - now € 76.99 - [www.Bravado.de] - (4LP Black €69.99).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-28 12:10 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home