Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Record Store Day 2022
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: February 16, 2022 23:38

More Hot Rocks - 50th Anniversary Limited Edition. 180g Glow-in-the-Dark vinyl. Gatefold Jacket. Includes set of Gered Mankowitz photo prints. Remastered by Bob Ludwig.

Format: 2 x LP
Quantity: 7200

[recordstoreday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-16 23:43 by Ricky.

Re: Record Store Day 2022
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: February 16, 2022 23:40

Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap

Specially created RSD exclusive double cassette release featuring Keith Richard's debut solo album, Talk Is Cheap and the live release from the Talk Is Cheap tour, Live At The Palladium

Format: 2 x Cassette
Quantity: 650

[recordstoreday.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2022 23:54

Loved More Hot Rocks. It introduced me to so many Stones songs that weren't released in the U.S., or were very hard to find.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 17, 2022 02:50

Ricky

Specially created RSD exclusive double cassette release featuring Keith Richard's debut solo album, Talk Is Cheap and the live release from the Talk Is Cheap tour, Live At The Palladium

[recordstoreday.com]

this i want

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 17, 2022 03:01

smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2022 05:49

ProfessorWolf
Ricky

[recordstoreday.com]

this i want

650 cassettes? That's it? Could it be 6500? I mean even if their cost is zero which it's not, how much money are they actually making?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-18 16:01 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 18, 2022 15:01

The problem with Record Store Day...
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 17, 2022 14:57

[www.theguardian.com]

He is right about 9 months wait to press vinyl, although two new UK plants coming on stream sounds hopeful

Re: The problem with Record Store Day...
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2022 15:19

johnnythunders
[www.theguardian.com]

He is right about 9 months wait to press vinyl, although two new UK plants coming on stream sounds hopeful

The fact that 30+ years after the "death" of vinyl we're here is amazing in and of itself.

There are probably other examples of industries that 'died' and came back, but I can't think of any. The horse and carriage?

Re: The problem with Record Store Day...
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 17, 2022 17:07

johnnythunders
[www.theguardian.com]

Let's just hope that they can press flat records with the hole in the middle ...

...something that appears to have been a challenge for pressing plants since the vinyl renaissance !

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 20, 2022 04:22

exilestones

Very VERY nice!!!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: February 20, 2022 17:01

For fans of Ronnie's work

Birds, The
The Birds Ride Again

Format 5x7"
Label: Flood Gallery

More Info

Complete collection featuring the original run of singles from Ali MacKenzie and Ronnie Wood’s seminal 1960s London R&B outfit The Birds with a bonus EP exclusive to this box featuring four rarities on vinyl for the first time. All tracks have been remastered for this release and housed inside a deluxe box alongside a 48-page booklet featuring in-depth liner notes by Andy Neill plus a gigography, stunning previously unseen rare photos, posters, flyers and ephemera. One time limited edition pressing, 5 x 7” box set.

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

Date: February 20, 2022 19:37

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Ricky

[recordstoreday.com]

this i want

650 cassettes? That's it? Could it be 6500? I mean even if their cost is zero which it's not, how much money are they actually making?

I bought 2 copies of Crosseyed Heart on cassette. One to keep and one to listen to. This one I don't think I'd even open.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: February 20, 2022 19:51

The Tangerine Dream 1975 set looks awesome too.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 20, 2022 20:00

MILKYWAY

The Tangerine Dream 1975 set looks awesome too.

TD, live at Reims Cinema Opera (23-Sep-1975), performed "Ricochet" for the first time live - [RecordStoreDay.co.uk] .

Their 2022 Studio-Album (2nd after Edgar Froese) - "Raum" - will be released on 25-Feb-2022 - [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-20 20:20 by Irix.

Date: February 20, 2022 20:12

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Ricky

[recordstoreday.com]

this i want

I bought 2 copies of Crosseyed Heart on cassette. One to keep and one to listen to. This one I don't think I'd even open.

i have that one too

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: February 21, 2022 12:01

I love More Hot Rocks. Can you pre-order these releases or is it 'first come, first serve' on that actual day?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 21, 2022 12:16

ribbelchips
I love More Hot Rocks. Can you pre-order these releases or is it 'first come, first serve' on that actual day?

guess why it is called Record Store Day

Date: February 21, 2022 12:52

smiling smiley I only wish my town had an actual record store. I am willing to travel for two hours or so, but then i want to be sure that i actually can get a copy.. I quess I'll just have to contact some nearby record stores...

Date: February 21, 2022 13:50

ribbelchips

I quess I'll just have to contact some nearby record stores...

Or have a look at eBay - there're still offers for brand-new/sealed 2LPs of Hot Rocks (Yellow Vinyl) from the RSD 2021. It should then be the same for MHR and RSD 2022.

Date: February 21, 2022 13:59

Wow, thanks! those prices are surprisingly low. Last time I checked for those Carnaby Street Red Vinyls, the original prices were tripled by scalpers.

Date: February 21, 2022 16:31

ribbelchips
smiling smiley I only wish my town had an actual record store. I am willing to travel for two hours or so, but then i want to be sure that i actually can get a copy.. I quess I'll just have to contact some nearby record stores...

Well, there's no way to be sure – some stores get some records, some stores get others and some stores sell their left-overs a few days later on their websites.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 21, 2022 16:41

slewan
ribbelchips

Well, there's no way to be sure – some stores get some records, some stores get others and some stores sell their left-overs a few days later on their websites.

That doesn't go for all stores. Several times, I've pre-ordered RSD releases from my local store that they wouldn't be getting if not for my request. Then they call me once they get it.

Date: February 21, 2022 16:57

ribbelchips

There are record stores that will let you 'pre-order' - I haven't done this in quite a few years now, but I remember dealing with a store in MN or WI, and you could send them your wishlist, and they'd set aside what you wanted for you.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: February 21, 2022 20:26

I always pre-order the records for RSD, my recordstore even send me a mail about it last week, but ofcourse they never can promise if they will get everything I want.
The Keef cassette box probably will not be there, it's not even mentioned at the Dutch record store day site, so maybe for American fans only?

Date: February 22, 2022 00:15

GJV

The Keef cassette box probably will not be there, it's not even mentioned at the Dutch record store day site, so maybe for American fans only?

It's available in UK as well - [RecordStoreDay.co.uk] - 18-Jun-2022 :

Large picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-22 00:25 by Irix.

Date: February 22, 2022 11:53

Norbert
For fans of Ronnie's work

Birds, The
The Birds Ride Again

Format 5x7"
Label: Flood Gallery

More Info

Complete collection featuring the original run of singles from Ali MacKenzie and Ronnie Wood’s seminal 1960s London R&B outfit The Birds with a bonus EP exclusive to this box featuring four rarities on vinyl for the first time. All tracks have been remastered for this release and housed inside a deluxe box alongside a 48-page booklet featuring in-depth liner notes by Andy Neill plus a gigography, stunning previously unseen rare photos, posters, flyers and ephemera. One time limited edition pressing, 5 x 7” box set.

[recordstoreday.co.uk]

love to have this too

Date: February 22, 2022 11:55

ribbelchips

i feel ya

my nearest record stores are a 85 mile drive thru the mountains

still make it once a month though

Date: March 4, 2022 19:45

Slightly off-topic: there's a 18-disc Vinyl-Box: "The Rolling Stones Singles: Volume One 1963-1966". Release-date is 10-Jun-2022, Label is Abkco (Decca / UMG) - [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-29 12:45 by Irix.

Date: March 4, 2022 20:14

Irix
Slightly off-topic: there's a 18-disc Vinyl-Box: "The Rolling Stones Singles: Volume One 1963-1966". Release-date is 27-May-2022, Label is Universal Music - [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] .

Decca's way on cash in for the 60th anniversary

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home