Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Petition to get all 3 shows from MSG 1969 released
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 21, 2022 22:35

ProfessorWolf
sounds like where waiting on one of those trade mags to promote it then we should see another surge of signatures

maybe we could use the upcoming tour of europe to help promote it

maybe have some local fans in the various countries help spread the word on the ground so to speak

or if they have pull at local tv/radio stations see if they can get them to mention it

Good stuff Professor!

Date: March 21, 2022 22:38

ProfessorWolf
actually now that i mention it i think i'll try to contact my local classic rock stations
in seattle and castle rock, wa and see if i can convince them to mention it on air and put a link to the petition on there websites

thumbs up

For those who might have been missing in action during all this, here is the link:

[chng.it]

Let's get these signatures to 1500!

As always, thanks for your efforts.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-21 23:00 by Sighunt.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 26, 2022 00:24

1103!

Date: April 7, 2022 06:22

Some folks have contacted me via my e-mail and asked me how the petition is going. I am in the process of finalizing an on-line ad (along with some other kinds of news stories that would publicize the petition) with Goldmine mag.

However, I could use a little direction from some folks on this site. After several weeks Change. Org finally got back to me with an answer to a question I posed to them. They informed me that the use of copyrighted material in petitions (ie copyrighted photos of the Stones) is against their Terms of Service.

My question to the group is, are there any reliable websites where I can find free Images of the Rolling Stones (circa 1969) that I could Use to advertise our petition that are in the public domain without violating copyright?

Any information would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 06:24 by Sighunt.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 8, 2022 00:27

This is the hardest question for me in the last 25 years

Date: April 8, 2022 02:48

NICOS
you have absolutely no idea the weeks that I have had in trying to resolve and find a "simple" answer to that question. To put it mildly, it has been a head splitter...

PS- I spent half of my day today speaking to a representative at Getty Images in an effort to procure a photo of the Stones in concert for the petition. There was so much red tape and cost associated to try to make this a reality that I had to go lay down to alleviate the headache I had....In the end, it was a waste.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-08 04:57 by Sighunt.

Date: April 8, 2022 18:01

perhaps a original painting or sketch depicting them on stage at msg in 69

maybe someone on here with some skill could provide that

or a image or symbol that stones fans immediately connect to the 69 tour like mick's uncle sam hat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-08 18:02 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: April 8, 2022 18:07

also

Date: April 8, 2022 19:25

ProfessorWolf
perhaps a original painting or sketch depicting them on stage at msg in 69

maybe someone on here with some skill could provide that

or a image or symbol that stones fans immediately connect to the 69 tour like mick's uncle sam hat

Professor- you and I think very much alike!

I was thinking of using the Uncle Sam hat as a tag/reference point!

Anyway, I would like to explain to everyone, and give a little backstory to my last posts. When the petition was posted on Change. Org, I went ahead and attached a picture of Mick Jagger (holding the uncle Sam hat) in concert in 1969 (the picture includes Charlie and Mick Taylor).

At the time that it was posted, I was uncertain whether I could even post that picture (in my naivete, i assumed that maybe it was ok because i wasn't making any money off my petition and it was for a legit cause), so I sent an e-mail to the legal dept at Change. org to get clarity on whether said posted picture, or any other pictures of the Stones in concert could violate copyright protections. They finally got back to me earlier this week and told me that anything copyrighted is not protected and violates Change. Org policy.

since then, any pictures of the Stones I had on the petition have been taken down. Fast forward to this week, I have contacted Washington, DC Copyright office to educate myself on the particulars of copyright law and infringement, as well as contacting both websites at Getty Images representing Michael Ochs (shot of Mick in concert) & David Bailey (specifically for a great outtake of Charlie on the donkey shot) and it has been a total headache including all the red tape in either getting permission for said shots and/or the outrageous fees that they want to charge for said shots.

I'm very fortunate that I'm older and am semi-retired and have the time to pursue these endeavors because it has been a very, very time consuming week/ week 1/2 investigating all this stuff.

The bottom line, simply finding a decent quality, safe/public domain shot of the Stones in concert in 1969 (unless you want to pay big bucks), and you don't have to worry about getting sued, is hard to find.....

PS- I am still investigating whether the legit, commercial cover of Charlie on the runway utilized for Ya Yas is acceptable....

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-10 14:18 by Sighunt.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 9, 2022 00:51

Sighunt
NICOS
you have absolutely no idea the weeks that I have had in trying to resolve and find a "simple" answer to that question. To put it mildly, it has been a head splitter...

PS- I spent half of my day today speaking to a representative at Getty Images in an effort to procure a photo of the Stones in concert for the petition. There was so much red tape and cost associated to try to make this a reality that I had to go lay down to alleviate the headache I had....In the end, it was a waste.

That's exactly what I meant just translate "Getty Images" into "Getthe Image" and make millions confused smiley

Date: April 9, 2022 03:34

NICOS
Sighunt
NICOS

That's exactly what I meant just translate "Getty Images" into "Getthe Image" and make millions confused smiley

This week has been quite the education for me! But at the same time, I'm a very tenacious, patient and persistent individual, and just like the Professor alluded to above, there are ways that you can navigate around obstacles (LOL)!cool smiley

PS- let's get this sucker to at least 1500 signatures!

[chng.it]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-09 03:45 by Sighunt.

Date: April 9, 2022 20:41

i see you went with the hat i like it

once the tour starts up i'm sure we'll get more traffic thru here and other stones sites

that might be the time to really push the petition again

then i'm sure we'll get over 1500

and for european supporters of this project going to shows this summer please try to spread the word about the petition on the ground with other fans

Date: April 10, 2022 00:07

ProfessorWolf
i see you went with the hat i like it

once the tour starts up i'm sure we'll get more traffic thru here and other stones sites

that might be the time to really push the petition again

then i'm sure we'll get over 1500

and for european supporters of this project going to shows this summer please try to spread the word about the petition on the ground with other fans

thumbs up

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: April 10, 2022 21:54

Signed and I wish that LP box (and DVD or whatever format) would be reality some day.

Date: May 4, 2022 02:46

Date: May 25, 2022 08:22

for those going to madrid spread the word

change.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 08:25 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: June 1, 2022 08:02

sorry if i'm being a pest

but for those going to the show in madrid please try to spread the word about the petition

you can go to the following link to sign

change.org

oh also up to 1241

and enjoy the showsmiling smiley

Petition to get all 3 shows from MSG 1969 released
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 1, 2022 11:23

ProfessorWolf
oh also up to 1241

1242 smoking smiley

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: June 2, 2022 00:32

While we're it....A box set of the 1970 European tour would be sweet...

Date: June 2, 2022 10:14

ThePaleRider
While we're it....A box set of the 1970 European tour would be sweet...

yeah that be great

but i'm unsure if any where properly recorded

Date: June 5, 2022 15:41

"Well all right!"

Let's get these signatures to 1500!

[chng.it]

PS- If anybody on this site is going to any of the upcoming shows, while you are sitting in your seats, waiting for the boyz to come on, direct your friends, neighbors, etc to our petition site on their phones.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-05 17:01 by Sighunt.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 16, 2022 15:39

I think the recent Charlie Is Good Tonight 11CD+1DVD bootleg box is about as good as it's going to get for this.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 17, 2022 21:35

The GR
I think the recent Charlie Is Good Tonight 11CD+1DVD bootleg box is about as good as it's going to get for this.

Yeah, I would have thought that at least 3-4000 hard core fans could have been interested in a live release from '69. But I guess the time for this is finally running out. No wonder the Stones are holding back on classic live shows. When the appeite for this kind of live performance is on a "all time low" it makes perfectly scence to keep any release from this aera away from the public. Their legacy still being based on the myths and it keeps the band relevant in rock'n roll history. I'd say -good bye to many great live adventures!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 18, 2022 00:30

We did get El Mocambo, which we never believed possible. Maybe we will get the full Ya-Ya's too.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 18, 2022 01:04

frankotero
We did get El Mocambo, which we never believed possible. Maybe we will get the full Ya-Ya's too.

We did get the "full Ya-Ya's" already - with the 40th Anniversary box set years ago...

OK, not the entire shows, but still... likely the best performances of the four shows (MSG and Baltimore) YaYa's was drawn from. Don't get me wrong, I have signed the petition, but the times when the prospect of a box set of the entire shows would have got me really, and I mean really excited are long gone. Nowadays, it would be just a curiosity item for me, listen once, but then return to the expanded YaYa's... Like Deep Purple, who once released all the shows "Made In Japan" was drawn from in their entirety - wasn't long before I recognized that they'd indeed chosen the best performances for the original album, not that the other versions were particularily bad, but simply not as good, not to speak of better. Back to the Stones - I'd rather have live material from eras that are so far not or not satisfactory covered on official releases - 1966, 1967, Europe 1970, US Tour 1972 - and if it must be 1969, I would opt for Altamont.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-18 01:07 by retired_dog.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 18, 2022 06:37

The GR

Yeah, I wonder how to find that ……

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 18, 2022 19:40

midimannz
The GR

Yeah, I wonder how to find that ……

Simply google for it if you're prepared to pay around 100 € for nothing that hasn't been available for free here in the Hot Stuff section already.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 18, 2022 20:53

Why waste your time , according to some people on this website , Mick Taylor live was a long winded masturbator on guitar

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 18, 2022 21:01

retired_dog, good point on Deep Purple Made In Japan. That's how it played out with me too. At least El Mocambo has been a pleasant surprise. I wish they would has mastered those extra tracks on the GYYYO 40th Anniversary to match the original set. I could have enjoyed it more. Satisfaction is smokin'.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 18, 2022 21:12

frankotero
...Satisfaction is smokin'.

Indeed! IMO one of the best tracks on the recordthumbs up

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home