Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: Petition to get all 3 shows from MSG 1969 released
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 11, 2022 13:30

450 !! Cmon 500 !!

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 11, 2022 16:47

Cristiano Radtke
I bumped a thread on the Steve Hoffman forums by posting this article. I signed your petition, shared with some friends, and I wish you all the best, Sighunt! smileys with beer

Fans Demand Rolling Stones Release Entire ‘Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out’ Live Recordings

By Rod Brakes 

Image credit: Walter Iooss Jr./Getty Images

An online petition calls for a box set of the band’s historic 1969 Madison Square Garden gigs in their entirety.

On November 27, 1969, the Rolling Stones played a show at New York’s Madison Square Garden, followed by two more the next day. Recordings curated from all three concerts soon made their way onto the band’s 1970 release, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert.

This classic album was the first live LP to reach the number one spot in the Stones’ native U.K. and is rumored to have been released in response to the popular Live'r Than You'll Ever Be bootleg recorded just weeks earlier in Oakland, California.

While ABKCO Records released a Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! box set containing 3 CDs and 1 DVD back in 2009, Rolling Stones fans feel that this remastered version along with five previously unreleased tracks (including footage) from the second evening concert, plus performances by opening acts simply isn’t enough.

It appears some fans just can’t get no satisfaction from this.

Consequently, super-fan Scott Sigel has organized an online petition requesting recordings from all three Madison Square Garden concerts be released.

A statement written by Sigel reads:

“We in the Stones fan-base community have longed to hear all three MSG shows (minus the excessive vocal/instrumental overdubs & extraneous editing) released in excellent quality in order to experience a true representation of being at a Rolling Stones concert in 1969!”

Meanwhile, rumors abound concerning the availability of video footage from all three concerts, with bootleg audio recordings promising distinctive performances from each.

“In conclusion,” continues Sigel, “what a better time to honor the 60th anniversary of the Rolling Stones as a working band by releasing the Madison Square Garden shows in their entirety when the band was playing at its zenith.”

If you want to jump onboard and sign the petition then simply head on over to change.org

[www.guitarplayer.com]

Just saw this article which is great publicity! Hey Sighunt have you contacted any other online mags like Louder to try to get them to do an article?

Cristiano, what thread did you bump on the Steve Hoffman forum? I asked a moderator and he advised it was bad form to create a thread to link to another forum but suggested I add a link in my signature which I did several weeks ago. My handle on the forum is "classicrocker".

The petition link is at the bottom of everyone of my posts so hopefully drove some signatures?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 16:49 by oldschool.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 11, 2022 16:51

oldschool
Cristiano Radtke
I bumped a thread on the Steve Hoffman forums by posting this article. I signed your petition, shared with some friends, and I wish you all the best, Sighunt! smileys with beer

Fans Demand Rolling Stones Release Entire ‘Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out’ Live Recordings

By Rod Brakes 

Image credit: Walter Iooss Jr./Getty Images

An online petition calls for a box set of the band’s historic 1969 Madison Square Garden gigs in their entirety.

On November 27, 1969, the Rolling Stones played a show at New York’s Madison Square Garden, followed by two more the next day. Recordings curated from all three concerts soon made their way onto the band’s 1970 release, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert.

This classic album was the first live LP to reach the number one spot in the Stones’ native U.K. and is rumored to have been released in response to the popular Live'r Than You'll Ever Be bootleg recorded just weeks earlier in Oakland, California.

While ABKCO Records released a Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! box set containing 3 CDs and 1 DVD back in 2009, Rolling Stones fans feel that this remastered version along with five previously unreleased tracks (including footage) from the second evening concert, plus performances by opening acts simply isn’t enough.

It appears some fans just can’t get no satisfaction from this.

Consequently, super-fan Scott Sigel has organized an online petition requesting recordings from all three Madison Square Garden concerts be released.

A statement written by Sigel reads:

“We in the Stones fan-base community have longed to hear all three MSG shows (minus the excessive vocal/instrumental overdubs & extraneous editing) released in excellent quality in order to experience a true representation of being at a Rolling Stones concert in 1969!”

Meanwhile, rumors abound concerning the availability of video footage from all three concerts, with bootleg audio recordings promising distinctive performances from each.

“In conclusion,” continues Sigel, “what a better time to honor the 60th anniversary of the Rolling Stones as a working band by releasing the Madison Square Garden shows in their entirety when the band was playing at its zenith.”

If you want to jump onboard and sign the petition then simply head on over to change.org

[www.guitarplayer.com]

Just saw this article which is great publicity! Hey Sighunt have you contacted any other online mags like Louder to try to get them to do an article?

Cristiano, what thread did you bump on the Steve Hoffman forum? I asked a moderator and he advised it was bad form to create a thread to link to another forum but suggested I add a link in my signature which I did several weeks ago. My handle on the forum is "classicrocker".

The petition link is at the bottom of everyone of my posts so hopefully drove some signatures?

500+ Nice....

I did contact Louder. Haven't heard back yet.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 11, 2022 17:19

oldschool
Cristiano Radtke

[www.guitarplayer.com]

It was this one.

Date: March 11, 2022 18:18

Cristiano Radtke
oldschool
Cristiano Radtke

[www.guitarplayer.com]

It was this one.

Interesting, as the moderator (Gort) I contacted advised me that this type of thread is not acceptable and advised that I add the link to my signature instead. BTW he did like the idea of the petition and said he planned to sign it so there are a large number of stones fans on the Hoffman forum who will hopefully sign off.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: March 11, 2022 22:01

Andrew Loog Oldham tweeted about this today.

Date: March 11, 2022 22:23

Nice to see someone one who was associated so closely with the Stones pitching in on his twitter!

I don't use twitter so not sure of the rules but can this be put on the official Stones twitter and ABKCO official twitter by simply responding to a tweet?

Would that get them mad if we did that and hurt the cause?

Date: March 11, 2022 23:18

oldschool
Nice to see someone one who was associated so closely with the Stones pitching in on his twitter!

I don't use twitter so not sure of the rules but can this be put on the official Stones twitter and ABKCO official twitter by simply responding to a tweet?

I would like to hold off on sending this directly to the Stones or Abkco for the time being and present it to both when there are more signatures. Right now I'm shooting for at least 1000 which I think is readily doable- maybe more. We shall see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 23:23 by Sighunt.

Date: March 12, 2022 00:34

Sighunt
oldschool

I would like to hold off on sending this directly to the Stones or Abkco for the time being and present it to both when there are more signatures. Right now I'm shooting for at least 1000 which I think is readily doable- maybe more. We shall see.

Makes sense Sig. I think as the word gets spread we will get 1000+ easily. Like any petition it just takes time.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 12, 2022 00:37

Sighunt
oldschool

Agree, and it would be fantastic to get the message through to Rolling Stone and Mojo in addition to Guitar Player.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:05

697!!!eye popping smileygrinning smiley

Date: March 12, 2022 01:13

S.T.P
Sighunt
oldschool

Agree, and it would be fantastic to get the message through to Rolling Stone and Mojo in addition to Guitar Player.

I have had a few e-mail exchanges with MOJO so far. To be continued....

Posted by: TurnerP ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:14

Shocking -

"Andrew Loog Oldham tweeted about this today"

Maybe he's insinuating if he still held power over the stones he'd help us out ha

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:32

Sighunt
S.T.P
Sighunt
oldschool

I have had a few e-mail exchanges with MOJO so far. To be continued....
Great!!

Date: March 12, 2022 01:58

TurnerP
Shocking -

Maybe he's insinuating if he still held power over the stones he'd help us out ha

maybe now we can get bill to comment?winking smiley

Date: March 12, 2022 02:11

Bwahaha! True enough who can tell now, however I'm not as hopeful on that happening we'd have to use reverse psychology or flattery perhaps.

This petition is going to take a hold - cause luckily we ain't too proud to beg tongue sticking out smiley

Date: March 12, 2022 05:36

TurnerP
Shocking -

Just having him acknowledge the effort helps the cause. The more people who tweet and retweet helps get the word out and hopefully gets us more signatures.

Date: March 12, 2022 06:08

I entirely agree. I already told Scott that's a great acknowledgement via gmail

Date: March 12, 2022 10:09

824!

we are definetly gonna reach 1000

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 13, 2022 04:06

Date: March 14, 2022 05:33

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2022 05:45

Great Keith song ...^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2022 08:12

1000!!!grinning smiley

Date: March 16, 2022 20:48

any progress to report sighunt?

Date: March 16, 2022 22:01

ProfessorWolf

Hi Professor. At the moment, we are in a holding pattern. Several of the Stones fan sites that I either belong to and/or peruse, are focusing (and understandably so) on Stones tour news...

Date: March 16, 2022 22:51

Sighunt
ProfessorWolf

Hi Professor. At the moment, we are in a holding pattern. Several of the Stones fan sites that I either belong to and/or peruse, are focusing (and understandably so) on Stones tour news...

yeah it's probably a good idea to wait till fall to start heavily promiting the project again when everyone has more attention to spare

Date: March 21, 2022 14:35

Hey Sig, I was listening to the MSG 11/27 matrix last night while barbecuing and it got me thinking about the petition again.

It is great to see we exceeded `1000 signatures but the petition seems to have stalled at less than 1100.

Can you share who else you contacted to try to get more visibility on the petition?

Any response from Louder as that would be a great forum to publicize the petition.

Any other resources you contacted?

I am happy to help but want to make sure I don't contact resources you are already working on.

Date: March 21, 2022 16:25

oldschool
Hey Sig, I was listening to the MSG 11/27 matrix last night while barbecuing and it got me thinking about the petition again.

It is great to see we exceeded `1000 signatures but the petition seems to have stalled at less than 1100.

Can you share who else you contacted to try to get more visibility on the petition?

Any response from Louder as that would be a great forum to publicize the petition.

Any other resources you contacted?

I am happy to help but want to make sure I don't contact resources you are already working on.

Hi oldschool. Glad you inquired. First thing I want to bring up is something that I discovered a few days ago that has been very troubling to me. We should have more numbers than what has been posted, and not for the reasons that you might think. It started with several local friends of mine who got back to me and reported that they signed the petition. On my account, I have access to a spreadsheet that I can download of all the people who signed. Guess what, some of my friends who I know signed it, were not listed on the spreadsheet. I went back and asked them again and they said affirmatively they signed.

What I have surmised is that if you don't fill out the petition completely, you are not tallied. I have contacted technical support (on Thursday or Friday) last week at Change.org, and as of this writing, I have gotten no response. Taken this into account, it is my feeling that our numbers could potentially be larger than what is posted on the petition site. However, it is not my intention to go back and bug people and piss them off to re-sign or make sure they re-sign. What's done is done.

Regarding your questions above, I have contacted and/or joined almost every Stones fan group on Facebook I can think of and made comments advertising the petition (the list would be too long to post here). If you want to get a hold of me privately at ssigel@ rochester.rr.com I certainly will share that info with you!

I am waiting for the following music trade mags to get back to me: Goldmine, MOJO, and Louder. A couple of these indicated they were interested in promoting or doing a story but had upcoming deadlines at the moment that they needed to attend to....

Also, I went on Reddit (rolling Stones group content) and advertised the petition on there. I even went on U Tube- where those MSG 69RSTRAX originated from- and posted the petition in the comments section on any posters still putting those MSG mono soundboards on line...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-21 17:33 by Sighunt.

Date: March 21, 2022 22:12

sounds like where waiting on one of those trade mags to promote it then we should see another surge of signatures

maybe we could use the upcoming tour of europe to help promote it

maybe have some local fans in the various countries help spread the word on the ground so to speak

or if they have pull at local tv/radio stations see if they can get them to mention it

Date: March 21, 2022 22:18

actually now that i mention it i think i'll try to contact my local classic rock stations
in seattle and castle rock, wa and see if i can convince them to mention it on air and put a link to the petition on there websites

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-21 22:25 by ProfessorWolf.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home