Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MSG '69
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 15, 2022 18:36

Found all three shows on Youtube in what sounds like soundboard. Haven't checked all songs yet, but this seems to be the same as the new years dump from ABKCO. Parts of the second show are still missing. Anyone else know what this is and if its official (see credits)?

[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-15 22:07 by S.T.P.

Re: All 3 shows, MSG '69
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 15, 2022 18:44

Dang! Does that sound good! And it suddenly appears. Hmmm. I know what I'll be listening to this weekend.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 15, 2022 19:19

smileys with beer

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: February 15, 2022 20:21

Fantastic!! The greatest rock & roll garage band in the world!

San Diego Sports Arena 1969.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 15, 2022 20:47

Are these just the ABKCO NYE dump for the 11/27/69 and 11/28/69 second shows?

There are two "No label" releases that have all three shows including the incomplete 11/28 first show which appears to be made up of official tracks

[www.dbboots.com]

Here is the first show.

[www.dbboots.com]

The times of the No Label releases are very close, with in a few seconds to these Youtube videos

times of the No Label/YouTube

11/27= 69:41/ 69.44

11/28 1st show= 38:74/ 43:16 (the Youtube has a bonus track that the "No Label" does not have which may account for the time difference

11/28 2nd show= 69:28/ 69:26

The 11/27 show tape start up sounds the same on the No Label and the Youtube video so sounds like the same tape.

MSG No Label

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-15 20:50 by oldschool.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 15, 2022 21:41

Oh how awesome. Gotdamn I do love me some JJF from 1969!

Date: February 15, 2022 21:56

oldschool

There are two "No label" releases that have all three shows including the incomplete 11/28 first show which appears to be made up of official tracks

[www.dbboots.com]

Here is the first show.

[www.dbboots.com]

The times of the No Label releases are very close, with in a few seconds to these Youtube videos

11/28 1st show= 38:74/ 43:16 (the Youtube has a bonus track that the "No Label" does not have which may account for the time difference

The 11/27 show tape start up sounds the same on the No Label and the Youtube video so sounds like the same tape.

MSG No Label

I bet your'e right oldscool. Thanksthumbs up

Date: February 15, 2022 22:25

S.T.P
oldschool

[www.dbboots.com]

Here is the first show.

[www.dbboots.com]

MSG No Label

I am a 1969 tour fanatic and have a least one copy, in many cases several versions, of every 1969 concert audio in general circulation so I was excited when I saw this topic hoping that maybe these YouTube's were new better quality sources.

The 1969 MSG Tapes have always been my holy grail so when ABKCO did the NYE dump of the 11/27 and 11/28 2nd show tapes I was stunned as I never thought I would ever see these concerts officially released complete in pro recording quality so these are the next best thing.

If the YouTube videos are indeed the ABKCO tapes they are excellent mono SB's that one of the fans, here at IORR?, cleaned up to remove an annoying tone (possibly added by ABKCO to discourage bootlegging?)

They are indeed a fantastic listen so anyone who is a 1969 tour fan should check them out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-15 22:27 by oldschool.

Date: February 15, 2022 23:24

oldschool
S.T.P
oldschool

[www.dbboots.com]

Here is the first show.

[www.dbboots.com]

MSG No Label

I am a 1969 tour fanatic and have a least one copy, in many cases several versions, of every 1969 concert audio in general circulation so I was excited when I saw this topic hoping that maybe these YouTube's were new better quality sources.

The 1969 MSG Tapes have always been my holy grail so when ABKCO did the NYE dump of the 11/27 and 11/28 2nd show tapes I was stunned as I never thought I would ever see these concerts officially released complete in pro recording quality so these are the next best thing.

If the YouTube videos are indeed the ABKCO tapes they are excellent mono SB's that one of the fans, here at IORR?, cleaned up to remove an annoying tone (possibly added by ABKCO to discourage bootlegging?)

They are indeed a fantastic listen so anyone who is a 1969 tour fan should check them out.

I didn't mean to give you false hope - I know the feeling. Love the '69 tour myself, and got quite excited when I started listening to this earlyer todaysmoking smiley It was indeed something when we got the NYE dump.

Date: February 16, 2022 00:46

No worries STP, You never know until you listen so maybe someday we will get something new from the 1969 Tour.

Amazingly there are still 50 year old uncirculated audience tapes still coming out of fans closets like the Stones Boston 1969 first show tape so miracles do happen.

Maybe even the Stones could shock us and collaborate with ABKCO and give us more 1969 pro recorded concerts and more of the Maysles concert video.

Until then I am enjoying and just happy ABKCO released those two MSG 69 concerts in mono warts and all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-16 16:31 by oldschool.

Re: MSG '69
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 16, 2022 11:10

I actually don't think these are soundboards, but audience recording taken from the PA. These recordings were made to capture the audience.

Mathijs

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: February 16, 2022 19:06

These are fantastic and new to me! Did they not play Gimme Shelter at any of the MSG shows?

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 16, 2022 21:04

timmyj3
Did they not play Gimme Shelter at any of the MSG shows?

No!

More info:

[rocksoff.org]

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: February 16, 2022 21:20

Interesting that Gimme Shelter was hit or miss on the setlist.

Date: February 16, 2022 21:31

Mathijs
I actually don't think these are soundboards, but audience recording taken from the PA. These recordings were made to capture the audience.

Mathijs

Agree. On some of the songs the instruments sounds distant. Also between songs on Ya Yas one can hear the same type of audience recording in slightly better quality. Hate it when they mix the audience recording into songs. It takes away the punch/power of the guitars -that always should be up front! grinning smiley

Date: February 17, 2022 00:52

Mathijs

Mathijs

I was listening to the 11/27 show tonight and don't think it is an audience recording in the strict sense as it is too well-balanced. Possible a stage recording?

I know the Doors did this for one of their official bootlegs and it sounded similar.

However they were recorded the ABKCO tapes sound fantastic and blow away the available audience recordings that have been around forever.

Date: February 17, 2022 11:05

oldschool
Mathijs

Mathijs

I was listening to the 11/27 show tonight and don't think it is an audience recording in the strict sense as it is too well-balanced. Possible a stage recording?

I know the Doors did this for one of their official bootlegs and it sounded similar.

However they were recorded the ABKCO tapes sound fantastic and blow away the available audience recordings that have been around forever.

In my opinion it is an audience recording recorded by the crew at the mixer desk with a stereo microphone, I guess some 40 meters from the stage. I listened to all shows again and I forgot a bit how utterly fantastic they are.

I don't remember exactly, but the 28th first show is incomplete right? Stray Cat is the official Ya-Ya's version and not the audience recording for example.

Mathijs

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 17, 2022 11:15

timmyj3

It was yet to be released. I suppose it's one-time airing - it was only performed at the Oakland show, I think - was a test; same with Brown Sugar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-17 11:17 by Big Al.

Date: February 17, 2022 13:17

Big Al
timmyj3

It was yet to be released. I suppose it's one-time airing - it was only performed at the Oakland show, I think - was a test; same with Brown Sugar.

GS was played in Fort Collins, Oakland, Phoenix and West Palm Beach.

Mathijs

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 17, 2022 13:19

Mathijs

Mathijs

Ah, okay. Thanks, Mathijs.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 17, 2022 13:22

Mathijs

Mathijs

You forgot the most famous - and also the best one, there.....

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 17, 2022 14:24

Haha..yeah...Altamont by far the best version

Date: February 17, 2022 15:45

Erik_Snow
Mathijs

Mathijs

You forgot the most famous - and also the best one, there.....

You're right -and even one of the best live version ever!

Mathijs

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 17, 2022 16:11

Great share! Many thanks. Never heard the original MSG in this clear sound. It is evident for me that no overdubbing on Ya Ya's was necessary.They edited some great moments of Mick Taylor and Keith, unfortunately.

Date: February 17, 2022 16:18

RobertJohnson
Great share! Many thanks. Never heard the original MSG in this clear sound. It is evident for me that no overdubbing on Ya Ya's was necessary.They edited some great moments of Mick Taylor and Keith, unfortunately.

Well, no not really, they didn't touch the guitars at all except for some minor rhythm guitar of Taylor during Carol.

Mathijs

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 17, 2022 16:29

...and little Queenie?

But agree - stuff-all guitar additions
Even the vocal corrections were a bit unnecessary.
Still can't believe they altered JJF.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 17, 2022 16:35

Mathijs
RobertJohnson

Well, no not really, they didn't touch the guitars at all except for some minor rhythm guitar of Taylor during Carol.

Mathijs

The guitar sound on SFTD (first show) is much richer than on Ya Ya's version. And they did use the version of the first concert for Ya Ya's, didn't they?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 17, 2022 16:36

Mathijs
RobertJohnson

Mathijs

As been stated previously on threads regarding Ya Yas, the primary overdubs were centered on the vocals, which when you hear these 69 TRAX recordings (that were dumped by Abkco in 2019), I personally think that they were unnecessary. In particular, I would argue that they ruined Jack Flash on Ya Yas. The take that you hear (on bootlegs and the 69 TRAX) with the original vocals (from 11/27 first show if my memory serves me well) sounds more raw and powerful to my ears.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-17 16:43 by Sighunt.

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: February 17, 2022 17:59

Where can I download these shows? Love the 69 Tour.

Date: February 17, 2022 18:59

Mathijs
oldschool
Mathijs

Mathijs

In my opinion it is an audience recording recorded by the crew at the mixer desk with a stereo microphone, I guess some 40 meters from the stage. I listened to all shows again and I forgot a bit how utterly fantastic they are.

I don't remember exactly, but the 28th first show is incomplete right? Stray Cat is the official Ya-Ya's version and not the audience recording for example.

Mathijs

Possibly as the vocals and drum's are back in the mix, which you get with many audience recordings, with the guitars and Bill's bass more forward.

The only thing that makes me doubt that these are audience recordings is Bill's bass overloads the tape at one point on one of the songs and then the mix is adjusted to fix this which you would not expect to hear in an audience recording and implies to me it may have been a line or board recording.

Also I believe these are mono sources and not stereo recordings.

I don't believe any tracks from the 11/28 first show were released in the ABKCO
69RSTRAX Dump. The "No Label" bootleg label seems to have cobbled together all the available tracks from the official YaYa's releases and other bootleg recordings to give us a partial concert.

To my knowledge there are no complete tapes, audience or SB, of the 11/28 1st show in general circulation.

[www.dbboots.com]

There is also the excellent FALO/ Capt. Acid matrix of the 11/27 show that combines the ABKCO tape with the VG SQ long circulating audience tape that really breathes some life into the ABKCO tape and give a nice stereo feel to the concert.

[www.dbboots.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-17 19:12 by oldschool.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home