Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Keith Richards at Love Rocks NYC 2022
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 12, 2022 18:40

Doxa
Bjorn
Most of you just don´t seem to care. We have been discussing the boring set list that The Stones have been playing since forever - for ever on this board. And what do Keith DO when he gets the chance to play with The Winos? He takes two of his played to death songs from The Stones - and play them with The Winos.

But you are all cheering! Whatever he does. No wonder he doesnt have a clue. Is it ok for you to be paid one dollar an hour for your daily job, have a very, very ugly and fat girlfriend, a car that doesnt start, a world full of bloody wars?

WE had the greatest, maybe last oportunity, to hear some great Winos material - but no. Keith took two of his played to death Stones songs. And I hate it. Because I care!!!

You have a point here. It looks like that Keith took a safe route there and was like minimizing the effort. He knows those two numbers by heart, so it was only "999" he needed to relearn to play or something. So this ended up like Keith's solo spot within a Stones concert with that extra tune.

But personally I don't care what songs he plays unless he plays them well. Like he did now. It's only rock and roll and I spare my anger towards more important things in the world... (or could it be like Bobby sings 'I used to care but things have changed'...)

- Doxa

I'm not familiar with the Love Rocks NYC concert, but I'm guessing it was a lot of different artists from many genres playing for some good cause. It likely wasn't a Winos crowd. But I guaranteed they knew a few Stones songs. Any smart musician plays to his crowd. He wants to make them happy. Not us folks flung around the world tying on keyboards.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 12, 2022 19:22

^ You hit it right on the head. This was a show of musicians from many genres and lots of collaborations.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: March 12, 2022 20:11

jazzbass
Doxa
Bjorn
Most of you just don´t seem to care. We have been discussing the boring set list that The Stones have been playing since forever - for ever on this board. And what do Keith DO when he gets the chance to play with The Winos? He takes two of his played to death songs from The Stones - and play them with The Winos.

But you are all cheering! Whatever he does. No wonder he doesnt have a clue. Is it ok for you to be paid one dollar an hour for your daily job, have a very, very ugly and fat girlfriend, a car that doesnt start, a world full of bloody wars?

WE had the greatest, maybe last oportunity, to hear some great Winos material - but no. Keith took two of his played to death Stones songs. And I hate it. Because I care!!!

You have a point here. It looks like that Keith took a safe route there and was like minimizing the effort. He knows those two numbers by heart, so it was only "999" he needed to relearn to play or something. So this ended up like Keith's solo spot within a Stones concert with that extra tune.

But personally I don't care what songs he plays unless he plays them well. Like he did now. It's only rock and roll and I spare my anger towards more important things in the world... (or could it be like Bobby sings 'I used to care but things have changed'...)

- Doxa

I'm not familiar with the Love Rocks NYC concert, but I'm guessing it was a lot of different artists from many genres playing for some good cause. It likely wasn't a Winos crowd. But I guaranteed they knew a few Stones songs. Any smart musician plays to his crowd. He wants to make them happy. Not us folks flung around the world tying on keyboards.

If that was the case he could have played with the house band(which was amazing). This was billed as the Wino’s for the first time in 30 years. I enjoyed it but it was a missed opportunity. Keith took the easy road once again.

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 12, 2022 22:00

Easy road?! A 78 year old guy, who's lived one hell of a life. Plays with a band he hasn't played with in 30 years, 3 songs with hardly any rehearsal and no warm up... Is everything alright in the critic section?

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: March 12, 2022 22:14

Yes easy road. Look, I enjoyed the evening. Keith was Keith, never expect much from him at this stage. All I said is it was a missed opportunity to play Wino’s songs. If you take off your rose colored glasses you can see clearer. If you want to play Stones songs that’s great, just play with the house band. No need to call it the Wino’s.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: March 12, 2022 22:25

I thought they sounded absolutely amazing!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 12, 2022 22:40

They sounded great. Keith seemed energized, playing with some different, younger sidemen. And it was free! On YouTube! In high quality video! FREE!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 12, 2022 23:07

Good to see Keith in such good spirits. It seems clear to me that he wouldn't have gotten away without doing one of his Stones songs but it would still have been nice if they had played also a song from CH. As others already have suspected, possibly due to not enough rehearsal time.

Posted by: Gram ()
Date: March 12, 2022 23:14

drwatts
Easy road?! A 78 year old guy, who's lived one hell of a life. Plays with a band he hasn't played with in 30 years, 3 songs with hardly any rehearsal and no warm up... Is everything alright in the critic section?

smiling smiley+1

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 12, 2022 23:45

i like how these guys give him a kick in the ass and he "plays" more - it was nice to hear him take the solos - especially in BTMMR and also nice not to see Jeff Beck's old bass player hamming it up on the stage -

Seeing this reminded me of how cool it was after the Dirty Work letdown when Talk Is Cheap came out - then he and the Winos went on SNL and killed it showing that there was life after Mick - of course that's when Mick realized he needed the fellas again-

I hope there will be some Winos shows now - it'll help Keith keep his chops up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 13, 2022 00:51

cowboytoast
I hope there will be some Winos shows now - it'll help Keith keep his chops up

With a Summer tour in the making I don't think he will squeeze in a Winos tour just prior to it. But of course it's a pitty he didn't tour behind Crosseyed Heart.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2022 03:28

But of course it's a pitty he didn't tour behind Crosseyed Heart.

well that was more a solo album than a Wino job ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: March 13, 2022 03:40

That was awesome. Man I enjoyed that. Thought Keef was focused and into it. That brought me pure joy that's all I can say.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: March 13, 2022 03:43

Think of how many 78 year olds are pushing a walker around. Who in their right mind would have ever predicted we'd have a Keith Richards kicking ass at 78?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2022 03:55

Yeah there's guys way way younger
whos brains are already totally bricked

Early signs are repeating the same shit over and over ........ HHHaaaaaHHHAAAA

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 13, 2022 05:08

Bjorn

The hell did you expect? You think he gets his clues from fans ONLINE? The dude doesn't even have a cell phone.

Cheering? He did great. But then you go off about jobs, girlfriends, a car, war - why you projecting so much?

How can you be surprised? He's a Rolling Stone. You CARE? That means NOTHING. He's 78 years old. What you CARE means zero.

Go find some other band to follow. Obviously the Stones - and Keith - are not suited for you.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 13, 2022 05:35

Man I'd like to see Mick Jagger sing in front of this band. Heck, bring Ronnie too (3 guitars) and tour as the new Rolling Stones! Ha

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 13, 2022 11:00

GasLightStreet:

You obviously don´t understand ONE tiny thing of what I said. I care because I want to see every living human - beeing the best version of themselves. Because they can.

And to make that clear, I talked about girlfriends and jobs. When and where do we care?

Obviously you are fine with whatever happens. And that is not such a bad thing - at times. To go with the flow.

But I couldn´t this time. I was sad. I wanted three Winos´songs.

And yes - I will follow some other band. And I do. Because bands get what they deserve. When a band does things you like - you become a fan.

Have we kicked in the open door enough now, do you think, mr Gaslight?

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: March 13, 2022 13:36

masseywinos
That was awesome. Man I enjoyed that. Thought Keef was focused and into it. That brought me pure joy that's all I can say.

Totally agree, same here. I was lucky enough to see Keith with the Winos in concert in 1992. Only one show in my country, hardcore Keith fans upfront in the queue, total mayhem, the guards at the doors were overrun when the doors opened, people knew it was probably their only chance to see a Keith solo show, one of the loudest and greatest concerts I have ever attended. And he's still out there doing it, kicking ass.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 13, 2022 15:30

999 gets better with each view…smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 14, 2022 03:35

Bjorn
GasLightStreet:

You obviously don´t understand ONE tiny thing of what I said. I care because I want to see every living human - beeing the best version of themselves. Because they can.

And to make that clear, I talked about girlfriends and jobs. When and where do we care?

Obviously you are fine with whatever happens. And that is not such a bad thing - at times. To go with the flow.

And yes - I will follow some other band. And I do. Because bands get what they deserve. When a band does things you like - you become a fan.

I don't take what the Stones do personally. Anything they do does not determine how I live my life.

Just like with any band.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2022 20:51

I would love to see this set as an official mini-release some day, and eventually a deluxe version with some of the rehearsals included....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 14, 2022 21:17

Photo by P Squared

More photos > [www.brooklynvegan.com]

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: March 14, 2022 21:36

What a great shot!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 14, 2022 21:52

Larkin Poe should have done this -
Start Me Up

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: March 15, 2022 02:20

one of the loudest and greatest concerts I have ever attended.

Keith likes to crank those Twins and it appears he doesn't use ear monitors or plugs.

I wonder if he has any hearing problems from 60 years of this, it appears he doesn't?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-15 02:21 by beachbreak.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: March 15, 2022 02:57

beachbreak

Keith likes to crank those Twins and it appears he doesn't use ear monitors or plugs.

I wonder if he has any hearing problems from 60 years of this, it appears he doesn't?

It would be shocking if *hasn’t* suffered mild to moderate hearing loss. I think it’s the reason he as tended toward more gnarly tone when he plays lead. It sounds pleasant on the spectrum of sound that he’s hearing.

Date: March 15, 2022 04:46

Bjorn
GasLightStreet:

There are much things to care about that mean something - and even with probably 99.98% of those you have no control over.

I am fine with whatever happens - because I have no control over 99.98% of it.

Unless you're strictly talking about Keith and/or the Stones. Then it's 100% zero control.

Otherwise... there's a thing on a book that reveals the title and author. It's quite slim.

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: March 15, 2022 05:28

Keith Richards was on fire. I never thought that he can pull up 999 and he did with strong vocals and guitar. I just wonder that why does not remain focus with THE ROLLING STONES, If he does 2022 will rock. However he does not. Before they make run sounds way better than THE ROLLING STONES live recent version.

Date: March 15, 2022 05:36

MelBelli
beachbreak

It would be shocking if *hasn’t* suffered mild to moderate hearing loss. I think it’s the reason he as tended toward more gnarly tone when he plays lead. It sounds pleasant on the spectrum of sound that he’s hearing.

Stand aside, not in front of, a Fender Twin. They are LOUD. They're horribly loud. Of course they've suffered hearing damage but probably not as much as people would think.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home