Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Keith Richards at Love Rocks NYC 2022
Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:21

The BTMMR solo is the most coherent one I've heard Keith play in a while. Bravo sir! Sounded great.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:30

bye bye johnny
With Laurence Fishburne, who introduced Keith & The Winos

Fishburne tried too hard to be hip & funny, I thought.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:31

StonedRambler
LeonidP

StonedRambler
No matter how good Keith was tonight, I don't think he has the stamina anymore to do that for a whole two hour show.

based on what?
In his book Keith described how he was always totally blown out after every Winos show and how it made him appreciate Micks job and understand why he trains so much. Now Keith is a 78 year old chainsmoker and even has to sit down now and then during a Stones show (which I'm totally fine with) so I think it's obvious why he couldn't do a whole two hour show singing.

Well he did 2 hour shows as recently as last year w/ the Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2022 01:58

TheGreek
Bravo !!!!!!!!!!! Keith looked good and sounded good vocal wise and his guitar playing was par for the course and got it done . The Winos sounded great , loved Waddy's slide , and Will Lee on Bass was awesome as always as he is such a pro's pro . Very Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The band brought out the best in Keith last night, and musically speaking I'd say they're all around better sounding than the current Stones.
Keith was fully focused vs. the haphazard sloppiness with the Stones which he doesn't seem to take too seriously at all anymore.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: March 12, 2022 02:03

You are comparing a 3 song set after 6 months of rest to a tour?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 12, 2022 02:06

Who's in charge of Keiths amp here? I thought it was supposed to sound bone-dry under all circumstances

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2022 02:22

Based on the great chemistry and sheer joy they all seemed to be having together last night, I sincerely hope they will play again together some day.
And consider the short amount of time they had to rehearse - clearly they were all on the same page, and just imagine what more time playing together would do for their performances...it would be smokin' hot!
I'd really love to see a Keith/Winos mini-tour some day along with another new Keith solo album ... thumbs up

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: March 12, 2022 02:31

I listened with ear pods and the band sounded great.

999 rocked hard.

YGTS beautiful vocal by Keith he still sings good.

BTMMR the key was a bit too high for Keith to hit some of the notes but still sounded good! Maybe drop it down a half pitch?

Waddy, Ivan, Steve and Lee did a great job.

Keith looks damn good.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: March 12, 2022 02:38

So refreshing to hear Keith and Stones music without backing vocals and Chuck Leavell. thumbs up
Hoping for more X-pensive Winos.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 12, 2022 04:19

beachbreak
BTMMR the key was a bit too high for Keith to hit some of the notes but still sounded good! Maybe drop it down a half pitch?

Open G-flat ?

Re: Keith to perform at Love Rocks NYC 2022
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 12, 2022 04:51

agu82
I share

video: [youtu.be]

Thanks for posting that. I was at the show. Back row top tier. Couldn’t see much but seen it again tonight. Thanks

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: March 12, 2022 04:54

WoW!!!! Bravo, so strong!!! Very focused, what a band!!! Awesome guitar work and sound. I thought something like this was imposible!

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 12, 2022 05:08

Just got back from the show. A very enjoyable concert. Hit the Guggenheim & Met. A few beers & then the show. Tickets in the back row highest row. You get what you pay for. All performers were great. Keith & band were amazing. Felt great to be at a show & out again. All in all a great 24 hours in NYC.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 12, 2022 05:38

Nikkei
Who's in charge of Keiths amp here? I thought it was supposed to sound bone-dry under all circumstances
His tone was great for sure. It also helps with masking the bum notes.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 12, 2022 06:30

A more focused Keith than we normally get. I liked it.

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: March 12, 2022 06:53

I've lost count on how many times I've watched this since last night. Simply amazing, organic and so raw! I would much rather see the Wino's hit the road again than the Stones.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: March 12, 2022 07:37

schillid
beachbreak

Open G-flat ?

It would work. He used a tele which was tuned in open g-flat for "Doom and Gloom" when they played it live.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: March 12, 2022 10:21

No way i don,t wanna see this in stead of the Stones.Never ever.Bum notes from Keith everywhere on this show

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 12, 2022 10:26

harlem shuffle
No way i don,t wanna see this in stead of the Stones.Never ever.Bum notes from Keith everywhere on this show

if you think that's bad you should check out the show he did with the winos last year in austin

oh wait that's not the winos....

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 12, 2022 11:19

Most of you just don´t seem to care. We have been discussing the boring set list that The Stones have been playing since forever - for ever on this board. And what do Keith DO when he gets the chance to play with The Winos? He takes two of his played to death songs from The Stones - and play them with The Winos.

But you are all cheering! Whatever he does. No wonder he doesnt have a clue. Is it ok for you to be paid one dollar an hour for your daily job, have a very, very ugly and fat girlfriend, a car that doesnt start, a world full of bloody wars?

WE had the greatest, maybe last oportunity, to hear some great Winos material - but no. Keith took two of his played to death Stones songs. And I hate it. Because I care!!!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 12, 2022 11:20

Hairball
TheGreek
Bravo !!!!!!!!!!! Keith looked good and sounded good vocal wise and his guitar playing was par for the course and got it done . The Winos sounded great , loved Waddy's slide , and Will Lee on Bass was awesome as always as he is such a pro's pro . Very Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The band brought out the best in Keith last night, and musically speaking I'd say they're all around better sounding than the current Stones.
Keith was fully focused vs. the haphazard sloppiness with the Stones which he doesn't seem to take too seriously at all anymore.

Band was better in each spot. A rock and roll bass player, a much more sympatico guitarist and a piano player instead of the Leavall/Clifford wall of sound. Keith hasn’t sounded this good in a long time

Posted by: rod ()
Date: March 12, 2022 12:26

these great sounding wise is simply keith richards hate additional technology production.
x pensive winos is a NO FILTER really from ever

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 12, 2022 12:27

Nice, very nice.
999 was good but a bit empty.
You Got The Silver and BTMMR were very good.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: March 12, 2022 13:15

matxil
Nice, very nice.
999 was good but a bit empty.
You Got The Silver and BTMMR were very good.

Yes, good job from the Winos. Of the 3 tracks, I thought 999 was best. Great seeing Keith in fine shape!

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 12, 2022 14:38

Just caught the set on youtube-- Keith was awesome ! wouldnt you love to see another Winos tour !

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 12, 2022 15:28

Rock and Roll walked on stage and strapped on his guitar, then began playing ......

I think it's Keith - sloppy, rocking, joyous, etc.

Perfection? No way, but lots of soul and feel.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 12, 2022 15:55

Have the winos ever played Silver or BTMMR before? Connection was a bit of a regular I know and GS but what about these two? Great versions I thought. Happy to get different versions of these two great songs. Is this concert getting an actual release? And who normally plays bass?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 12, 2022 16:05

Bjorn
Most of you just don´t seem to care. We have been discussing the boring set list that The Stones have been playing since forever - for ever on this board. And what do Keith DO when he gets the chance to play with The Winos? He takes two of his played to death songs from The Stones - and play them with The Winos.

But you are all cheering! Whatever he does. No wonder he doesnt have a clue. Is it ok for you to be paid one dollar an hour for your daily job, have a very, very ugly and fat girlfriend, a car that doesnt start, a world full of bloody wars?

WE had the greatest, maybe last oportunity, to hear some great Winos material - but no. Keith took two of his played to death Stones songs. And I hate it. Because I care!!!

You have a point here. It looks like that Keith took a safe route there and was like minimizing the effort. He knows those two numbers by heart, so it was only "999" he needed to relearn to play or something. So this ended up like Keith's solo spot within a Stones concert with that extra tune.

But personally I don't care what songs he plays unless he plays them well. Like he did now. It's only rock and roll and I spare my anger towards more important things in the world... (or could it be like Bobby sings 'I used to care but things have changed'...)

- Doxa

Posted by: jigsaw69 ()
Date: March 12, 2022 17:05

Keef n the Winos were rockin' !!!!!

They were loose but tight, and a great sound. Only 5 on stage makes a difference as well.

Reminded me in parts, of pre-Vegas Stones - yearn for that looseness.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 12, 2022 18:38

Wow, sounds amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-12 18:39 by jazzbass.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home