Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Different Version of It's Only Rock and Roll
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 14, 2022 22:25

I recently watched the video for "It's Only Rock and Roll" on the Stones official youtube channel, and noticed that the audio is completely different from the released version. I think it's the full Stones version, right?

When did this happen, and have they replaced any other video tracks with new audio? Why?

video: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Different Version of It's Only Rock and Roll
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 14, 2022 23:33

That was always the audio track for the video.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 15, 2022 00:11

yeah! happened circa 1974!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 15, 2022 00:13

Looks like they used one of their takes that sounds more live..........

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 15, 2022 02:24

They recorded the film (video) version either during the IORR sessions in April - Keith said they did record it but it wasn't as good - or sometime after, if not, just prior to filming, in May.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 15, 2022 03:55

exilestones
That was always the audio track for the video.

Wow. I know I’ve seen the video many times over the years, but for some reason never noticed. It’s such a radically different take but never registered for some reason - that’s really weird. Thanks.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: February 15, 2022 04:03

I recall reading at some point that the audio used in the video was accidentally chosen instead of the LP version, but the band just stayed with it nonetheless....

There are a few other videos whereby Jagger sings "differently" over the otherwise LP music - Angie (both versions), Fool To Cry, Far Away Eyes and Miss You come to mind.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 15, 2022 04:09

sf37
I recall reading at some point that the audio used in the video was accidentally chosen instead of the LP version, but the band just stayed with it nonetheless....

There are a few other videos whereby Jagger sings "differently" over the otherwise LP music - Angie (both versions), Fool To Cry, Far Away Eyes and Miss You come to mind.

One of the Angie videos is of an early version with Jagger lip-synching while the other he's singing live to the track. I believe the Jumpin' Jack Flash video (one with the makeup) uses the original backing track with an early vocal take that Jagger is lip-synching too.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 15, 2022 15:43

Does Mick Taylor play on this version of IORR? And is the backing track the same as the album version

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: February 16, 2022 19:58

MAYBE mick taylor plays here, with adam bomb, the original video was taken from youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home