Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

El Mocambo Revisited
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 14, 2022 17:42

I’m not sure if anyone else has seen this or has any more info - Stones cover band The Blushing Brides’ Facebook page indicates they are playing 2 shows at the ElMo on March 4/5 to commemorate the Stones’ shows there 45 years earlier. Tickets supposed to go on sale this morning on the ElMo website - no mention there (or on TicketBastards). So far, it’s pretty much as frustrating as getting tix to a real Stones gig, so hoping the verisimilitude isn’t an illusion…

Re: El Mocambo Revisited
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 14, 2022 20:48

Interesting! smileys with beer

Posted by: pichenot ()
Date: February 14, 2022 21:13

During the Dirty Work sessions in Boulogne-Billancourt, I gave a tape of the Blushing Brides to Ronnie at his home in Neuilly-sur-Seine. No feeback the following days.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 14, 2022 21:18

Saw them late 70's in Cambridge MA. good for them. Looking at their facebook Mick looks a little fuller in the face....lol

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 14, 2022 21:55

are they gonna play the same set list as 77 too?

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: February 14, 2022 23:02

Good band, saw them in Ottawa prior to a Stones show in 06.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2022 23:08

Maindefender
Saw them late 70's in Cambridge MA. good for them. Looking at their facebook Mick looks a little fuller in the face....lol

The obvious downside to playing "Mick" in a cover band for any length of time. You keep hoping Mick's gonna gain some weight so you don't have to starve yourself to stay in character!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 15, 2022 00:52

What about Elvis impersonators ....
They never go for the young slim 1950's Elvis .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 15, 2022 01:19

The Elvis impersonator at Foxwoods Holiday Legends last December was early 70’s Vegas. The self deprecating humor was a hoot. The Elton was the best, played a fine piano… Michael Jackson creeped me out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-15 01:23 by Maindefender.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: February 15, 2022 04:15

Went to see them on Cape Cod (Hyannis area) around 2000 or so. After a few songs I thought,

"This ain't a cover band, they're impersonators. It's one thing to see an Elvis impersonator, Elvis is dead, but as long as the Stones are alive and performing, I have no use for impersonators when I can see the real thing".

I left.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 15, 2022 04:34

Maindefender
The Elvis impersonator at Foxwoods Holiday Legends last December was early 70’s Vegas. The self deprecating humor was a hoot. The Elton was the best, played a fine piano… Michael Jackson creeped me out

well any half decent michael jackson impersonator should creep you out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2022 15:56

Rockman
What about Elvis impersonators ....
They never go for the young slim 1950's Elvis .....

well, if the choice is between working out or deep fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches, what are YOU going to do?

A little less conversation Rockman, a little more action please.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 15, 2022 18:49

barbequebob
Went to see them on Cape Cod (Hyannis area) around 2000 or so. After a few songs I thought,

"This ain't a cover band, they're impersonators. It's one thing to see an Elvis impersonator, Elvis is dead, but as long as the Stones are alive and performing, I have no use for impersonators when I can see the real thing".

I left.

It depends. If they play with the energy, and facility, of the young Stones, it can be enjoyable. At Hermosa Beach in Los Angeles they have a street festival every year on Memorial Day weekend to start the summer, and Labor Day weekend to end it. They always have free bands playing. I've never caught whatever Stones band they employ, but the Zeppelin band was really good. Sometimes it's good to hear your favorite songs delivered in an intimate setting, after a few beers.

Date: February 17, 2022 20:13

Ticket sales are finally up, but it’s a bit messed up - if you click on Night 1 (Friday) it opens up tickets for Saturday, and vice versa.

[elmocambo.com]

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: February 19, 2022 00:52

Just got mine for Saturday night. Should be fun really good band.

Date: February 19, 2022 01:15

masseywinos
Just got mine for Saturday night. Should be fun really good band.

Hoping a few IORRians are there!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 25, 2022 15:51

"Enter now for your chance at a pair of tickets to the 45th Anniversary of the Rolling Stones featuring the Blushing Brides at the legendary El Mocambo on March 4th or 5th!"

[www.therock.fm]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2022 22:40

Hoping a few IORRians are there!

Dont worry I'll be home with spirots ... i mean spirits ...

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1171
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home