Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: 2022 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 4, 2022 04:50

yeah know what you mean loog. cool vid-Todd at Daryls house. Me & the cult going to see Daryl & Todd carnegie Hall NYC april 14!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 12, 2022 21:19

A good read:

The Most Progressive and Perverse of Devo, According to Mark Mothersbaugh

By Devon Ivie
April 12, 2022

Photo by Richard Creamer/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

[www.vulture.com]

Date: April 30, 2022 01:17

Dolly Parton Changes Her Mind on Rock Hall Nomination: ‘I’ll Accept Gracefully’

“It was always my belief that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame was for people in rock music,” she told NPR. “I have found out lately it’s not necessarily that”

By Andy Greene
April 29, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: April 30, 2022 05:08

Would love to see the New York Dolls get in. I was so happy when Roxy Music, Patti Smith and the Ramones got in. I think The Replacements, The B-52’s and Eurythmics are worthy of inclusion also.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 30, 2022 05:26

The Replacements-not getting in helps their cause as the underdogs. Plus, can't see Paul or Chris going to the ceremony. Tommy probably would be 50/50. I type this while wearing the Replacements Midway show T-shirt!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 30, 2022 07:15

Would like to see New Order get in

Date: April 30, 2022 15:06

Fan Vote has ended. Top five:

- Duran Duran
- Eminem
- Pat Benatar
- Eurythmics
- Dolly Parton

[www.rockhall.com]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 30, 2022 16:37

Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame ain't **** without the Monkees. It seems every other artist regardless of genre is going to get in before they do.

I'll never understand why. I've heard the arguments against them being included, and I don't agree. Every "objectionable" element about the Monkees can be found in other artists that are already in.

Posted by: moseslake ()
Date: May 2, 2022 09:38

Los Lobos?

How the F are they not inducted?

OT: 2022 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
Date: May 4, 2022 17:44

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 4, 2022 18:35

Definitely on the lame side. Lionel Ritchie rock? I mean seriously....

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 4, 2022 18:38

Dolly Parton and Eminiem WTF?????

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 4, 2022 20:05

moseslake
Los Lobos?

Explain that one ? Another glaring omission ! Shows proof right there that the Jann Wenner party is a joke , a disgrace , and past it sell by date as in irrelevant big time . EXPIRED

Date: May 4, 2022 21:03

TheGreek
moseslake
Los Lobos?

Explain that one ? Another glaring omission ! Shows proof right there that the Jann Wenner party is a joke , a disgrace , and past it sell by date as in irrelevant big time . EXPIRED

Right. Los Lobos is more rock and roll on a bad day than Eminem has ever been. When adding in the diversity element this should be a slam dunk.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2022 22:55

Not a damn one of the new inductees deserve to be in before Jethro Freakin' Tull. An actual rock and roll band. Or the MC5 as an influence. How about Gram Parsons as an influence? On the Stone no less. Or Dick Dale? And Willie Nelson is more of a rock influence than Dolly (although I love Dolly).

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 4, 2022 23:37

This is the worst list they've ever had. "Diverse list" just means "we don't want to induct Rock And Roll bands anymore". The Judas Priest being the only rock band and NOT going in in the regular category says it all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 5, 2022 01:11

Just thankful that Harry Belafonte is in at long last. Hopefully this paves the way for Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. to finally get the rich recognition they deserve. They ROCK!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 5, 2022 13:13

daspyknows
TheGreek
moseslake
Los Lobos?

Right. Los Lobos is more rock and roll on a bad day than Eminem has ever been. When adding in the diversity element this should be a slam dunk.
You hit the key right on the head about "diversity" ! Los Lobos has been around forever and paid there dues and have longevity as well . Darn shame and crime in the omission .

Date: May 5, 2022 16:41

Dolly Parton Talks Rock Hall Induction & ‘Controversy’ Around It: ‘I Never Meant to Cause Trouble’ (Exclusive)

Parton also reveals why Mick Jagger may be getting a call from her soon.

By Melinda Newman
05/4/2022

You’ve covered artists like The Beatles, Neil Young and Led Zeppelin. Who were some rock artists that influenced you?

I love The Rolling Stones. I’ve always wanted to do the song “Satisfaction.” That’s one of my husband’s favorite songs. And I may have to drag Mick’s guys up there to help me sing it. I thought about writing a song called “Rock of Ages,” where I get all the great old rock ‘n’rollers, the people that I have always admired and respected. I didn’t follow rock music that much, but my husband is a rock ‘n’ roll freak. He loves all the groups and all the great stuff. I just liked certain records. I may do up a version of something like [Lynyrd Skynyrd’s] “Free Bird” and do my own versions of some classic things that I think would make good rock ‘n’ roll songs.

You posted a great photo a few weeks ago on your Instagram of you hugging Mick Jagger from the ’70s.

Yeah, I loved him and I love “Satisfaction.” I’m hoping we’re both around long enough when I get to doing this record that he’ll come sing with me, and I may have to use The Rolling Stones to play behind me. I might do something like that — try to get some different rock bands, some of the classic bands, to back me on some of the songs I do and then do two or three or four originals. I’d like to get in with some of the great rock groups and do some things, [but] I’ve been working so hard on so many things and I’ve got to overcome this so-called controversy, which I never meant it to be that. So now I’m in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. So I’m going to have to do a rock album at some point. … Now I may have to call my album Rock Star!

Full interview > [www.billboard.com]

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 5, 2022 18:08

It is sad and stunning how the hall has shunned the pop/rock bands that brought rock and roll to the masses on TV in the mid 60's. Without Hermans Hermits, Monkees, Paul Revere/Raiders, Gerry and the Pacemakers and others, who know what rock would have looked like. Like it or not these groups and other artists brought "rock and roll" to the masses.

My belief in most of these non rock n roll entrants is just for the hall to be inclusive of folks that need not be included.

I wish they would just scrap the "hall of fame" moniker and make it something like "the rock and roll museum of music culture" Then everyone can be included and the exhibits can concerntrate on the real deals.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 5, 2022 18:14

Funny how people can still get wound up about who’s in this hall and who isn’t.

I’m all for a Parton/Jagger duet by the way.

Date: May 5, 2022 18:25

timmyj3
It is sad and stunning how the hall has shunned the pop/rock bands that brought rock and roll to the masses on TV in the mid 60's. Without Hermans Hermits, Monkees, Paul Revere/Raiders, Gerry and the Pacemakers and others, who know what rock would have looked like. Like it or not these groups and other artists brought "rock and roll" to the masses.

My belief in most of these non rock n roll entrants is just for the hall to be inclusive of folks that need not be included.

I wish they would just scrap the "hall of fame" moniker and make it something like "the rock and roll museum of music culture" Then everyone can be included and the exhibits can concerntrate on the real deals.

Just drop "Rock & Roll" entirely, and call it the "Modern Music Hall of Fame".

That way they can be inclusive for all genre's of music, and not be ridiculed for their ridiculous 'rock and roll' inclusions.

Dolly, Eminem, Harry Belafonte? All great artists, just not rock and roll.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 5, 2022 21:23

Looks like we may see Dolly and Mick singing together in Cleveland. Maybe Mick can get the "Stones" to join them also...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 5, 2022 23:56

Maindefender
Looks like we may see Dolly and Mick singing together in Cleveland. Maybe Mick can get the "Stones" to join them also...

OMG, what song would they duet on?
Somehow I can't see Dolly doing "Start Me Up" or can I? cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 6, 2022 00:57

treaclefingers
timmyj3

Just drop "Rock & Roll" entirely, and call it the "Modern Music Hall of Fame".

That way they can be inclusive for all genre's of music, and not be ridiculed for their ridiculous 'rock and roll' inclusions.

Dolly, Eminem, Harry Belafonte? All great artists, just not rock and roll.

Maybe we should blame the so-called rock artists for the term 'rock and roll' covering a whatever context. What there is rock and roll in "Yesterday", one of the most celebrated Beatles songs, an example the Beatles, a claimed rock band, being so genius, experimental musically and whatever? Or the Stones doing country or disco or reggae or whatever? Why not the other way round too?

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-06 01:16 by Doxa.

Date: May 6, 2022 06:14

angee
Maindefender

OMG, what song would they duet on?
Somehow I can't see Dolly doing "Start Me Up" or can I? cool smiley

Gimme Shelter with Mick. I'd pay to see that.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 6, 2022 07:07

To the Hall of Fame, is it not now about the ethos of Rock n’ Roll, rather than a genre of music? I think Ice T made such a point, in fact.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 6, 2022 16:01

bye bye johnny
Dolly Parton Talks Rock Hall Induction & ‘Controversy’ Around It: ‘I Never Meant to Cause Trouble’ (Exclusive)

Parton also reveals why Mick Jagger may be getting a call from her soon.

By Melinda Newman
05/4/2022

Full interview > [www.billboard.com]

Dolly is a treasure, a genius songwriter, performer, actress who has crossed multiple generations and genres. I for one admired her initial withdrawal from a "Nashville" sensibility and her seniority ... ? Isn't the RnRHOF for Chuck, Jim and Jimi etc.

Date: May 6, 2022 19:52

Big Al
To the Hall of Fame, is it not now about the ethos of Rock n’ Roll, rather than a genre of music? I think Ice T made such a point, in fact.

Well if Ice T said it then it would have to be true.

Then if not "The Modern Music Hall of Fame", at least the "Rock & Roll Ethos Hall of Fame"!

Date: May 6, 2022 23:55

Lionel Richie on His Rock Hall Induction: ‘This Is the Holy Grail’

“This is heaven,” Richie says about his long-awaited induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. “If you get to heaven, this is it”

By Andy Greene
May 6, 2022

[www.rollingstone.com]

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home