Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:30

Great to see new footage from the Orpheum Theater in Boston in the Tip of the Tongue Backstage bonus feature on the Bluray spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 10, 2022 22:44

spunky
Great to see new footage from the Orpheum Theater in Boston in the Tip of the Tongue Backstage bonus feature on the Bluray spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What is the other "backstage" stuff they listed as bonus features. Is there anything really new to us?

Date: June 10, 2022 23:10

Justin
spunky

What is the other "backstage" stuff they listed as bonus features. Is there anything really new to us?
Tip of the Tongue Backstage with All Down The Line from the Orpheum Theater and the 3 Amsterdam songs are new to me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 23:11 by spunky.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 10, 2022 23:11

UrbanSteel
About Licked Live In NYC, in my opinion it sounds good, I'm listening to it now on spotify and it sounds good to me. Sam did a good job here.
I would say it average at best. What bothers me is that wide separation causes tons of funny artifacts.

The most obvious is that right channel (the one with Keith's guitar) is much brighter than the left one (with Ronnie's guitar). Actually, the left channel for most of the tracks is rather dull, while the right is rather sharp and bouncy. Listen carefully to Ronnie's solo in Don't Stop, for example. I have a feeling it was done that way to remove that disturbing and unpleasant weird high pitched noise that is all over the record. They were not able to remove it but just make it less audible in the left channel.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:13

No, the cd's of the Voodoo live recording is very bad too.
The only possitive thing was that the other Voodoo live release from Japan was a little better.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 00:34

Does anyone have the bonus tracks in audio form to download?

Date: June 11, 2022 00:51

spunky
Justin
spunky

Tip of the Tongue Backstage with All Down The Line from the Orpheum Theater and the 3 Amsterdam songs are new to me

Cool thanks. Mind listing the Amsterdam songs?

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 11, 2022 01:27

spunky
Justin
spunky

It's a complete live version of All Down The Line ?? Thanks

Date: June 11, 2022 07:28

Amsterdam bonus tracks:
Star Star
I Just Want To Make Love To You
Street Fighting Man

Date: June 11, 2022 07:42

spunky
Amsterdam bonus tracks:
Star Star
I Just Want To Make Love To You
Street Fighting Man

Thanks!

Date: June 11, 2022 07:45

Listening to hi-res now.

Bass is nonexistent. You can't turn it up without killing your ears.

Not happy so far.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: June 11, 2022 09:17

Is the bonus material on DVD and Bluray the same?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 11, 2022 10:45

wiredallnight

Is the bonus material on DVD and Bluray the same?

No. BluRay only bonus: Tip Of The Tongue Documentary, Tip Of The Tongue Boston Backstage - [TheRollingStonesShop.com] . DVD contents: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: June 11, 2022 13:50

Justin
Listening to hi-res now.

Not happy so far.

Are you listening to a high-res download? I consider getting it from Qobuz, but if you say that even hi-res isn't any good, I might save the money.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: June 11, 2022 14:44

Justin
Listening to hi-res now.

Not happy so far.

Shame Chuck's piano was non existent. He ruins quite a few songs.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: June 11, 2022 14:44

Really happy with the Amsterdam bonus tracks great to have something official from a show what you have seen live

Date: June 11, 2022 17:50

Paul Kersey
Justin
Listening to hi-res now.

Not happy so far.

Shame Chuck's piano was non existent. He ruins quite a few songs.

Because we can't hear him? smiling smiley

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 11, 2022 18:08

Sorry, if it's written before. I recognised, that "Extreme Western Grip" is a lot longer, 6:43, than the Four Flicks version, which was 3.05 and edited at the end.

Posted by: Gigbag ()
Date: June 11, 2022 20:08

DELETED ***NOT APPROPRIATE***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-11 22:05 by Gigbag.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 11, 2022 20:18

Gigbag
Is it allowed to say something positive? If so, I really like the version of can’t you hear me knocking. I will delete this post if it is not appropriate
Nobody says something negative about the playing, only about the mix. What has the version to do with the bad mix? The version is great playing wise, has been out for 20 years: [youtu.be]
And in much better quality too winking smiley

Date: June 11, 2022 22:30

Papo
Justin
Listening to hi-res now.

Not happy so far.

Are you listening to a high-res download? I consider getting it from Qobuz, but if you say that even hi-res isn't any good, I might save the money.

Correct, hires via hdtracks.com

It's not fun to listen to. One of their best shows, sadly, has been marred. I'm not sure if I'll warm up to it but it's quite cold something.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 11, 2022 22:40

@justin

Can you please post the DR date?

I have El Mocambo which is decent. But this release sounds odd. I think I skip. The YT upload sounds really bad and way to loud. [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-11 22:44 by glimmertwin1.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 11, 2022 23:33

glimmertwin1
@justin

I have El Mocambo which is decent. But this release sounds odd. I think I skip. The YT upload sounds really bad and way to loud. [www.youtube.com]
It is not about DR numbers here.

Both El Mocambo and NYC share the same pattern. Kind of. They both clipped up to -0.02dB. El Mocambo has DR 7-10 with average 8. NYC has DR 6-9 with average 7. It is not critical.

The problem is with the mix. If you'll listen side by side similar tracks like Dance Little Sister vs. Don't Stop the first thing that jumps up is muffed left channel with Ronnie's guitar low and sharp loud and clear Keith's guitar far in the right channel. The same with Jumpin' Jack Flash. Keith's guitar roars in the right while Ronnie's is a kind of background in the left for NYC while balanced for El Mocambo. Overall it seems that all tracks has has more mid-range in the right channel. And as it was already mentioned - bass is buried for NYC too. El Mocambo (putting that reverb aside) sounds more neutral and natural. NYC has wide stereo stage and the sound is rather sharp.

PS. I believe it is needles to repeat about annoying whistle in the left channel that is all over the place for NYC.

Posted by: CHRISTIANF ()
Date: June 12, 2022 00:32

Can somebody extract the audio of Amsterdam. My mail is not hidden
Thanks

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 12, 2022 01:16

BlueTurns2Grey
Sorry, if it's written before. I recognised, that "Extreme Western Grip" is a lot longer, 6:43, than the Four Flicks version, which was 3.05 and edited at the end.

Interesting !!
I asked this question before but they didn't understand me... "Tip of the Tongue Backstage with All Down The Line from the Orpheum Theater": is it a full version of All Down The Line live at Orpheum Theater?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2022 05:12

Haven't read through much lately but the new YouTube of SFM reveals something interesting that is not on FOUR FLICKS (as well as "the official" until recently) - Keith botching a guitar line going into the chorus.

It was obviously fixed for the box set release.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 12, 2022 05:26

Ricky
BlueTurns2Grey

Interesting !!
I asked this question before but they didn't understand me... "Tip of the Tongue Backstage with All Down The Line from the Orpheum Theater": is it a full version of All Down The Line live at Orpheum Theater?

I bought the DVD+2CD set, so I don't have "Tip of the Tongue Backstage from the Orpheum Theater". I didn't know about this BlueRay bonus, when I ordered the DVD. Hopefully someone else will compare this.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: June 12, 2022 05:30

GasLightStreet
Haven't read through much lately but the new YouTube of SFM reveals something interesting that is not on FOUR FLICKS (as well as "the official" until recently) - Keith botching a guitar line going into the chorus.

It was obviously fixed for the box set release.

There's a few fixes like that on Four Flicks. Basically removing sloppy playing, and replacing with cleaner playing from the same song.

First chorus of Brown Sugar has some sloppy playing by Keith, but on Four Flicks they fixed it by copy pasting the first clean riff of the chorus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-12 05:30 by yeababyyea.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 12, 2022 05:36

The Orpheum footage rolls after the credits of Tip of the tongue on the Blu-ray

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 12, 2022 13:42

ironbelly
glimmertwin1
@justin

It is not about DR numbers here.

Both El Mocambo and NYC share the same pattern. Kind of. They both clipped up to -0.02dB. El Mocambo has DR 7-10 with average 8. NYC has DR 6-9 with average 7. It is not critical.

The problem is with the mix. If you'll listen side by side similar tracks like Dance Little Sister vs. Don't Stop the first thing that jumps up is muffed left channel with Ronnie's guitar low and sharp loud and clear Keith's guitar far in the right channel. The same with Jumpin' Jack Flash. Keith's guitar roars in the right while Ronnie's is a kind of background in the left for NYC while balanced for El Mocambo. Overall it seems that all tracks has has more mid-range in the right channel. And as it was already mentioned - bass is buried for NYC too. El Mocambo (putting that reverb aside) sounds more neutral and natural. NYC has wide stereo stage and the sound is rather sharp.

PS. I believe it is needles to repeat about annoying whistle in the left channel that is all over the place for NYC.

You're right but I still don' t understand what they have done to ruine most of the new releases. 2009 onwards.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home