Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones Licked Live In NYC
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 10, 2022 04:20

Listening to this right now on Spotify. Not as good as the Four Flicks mix, but still a great show worth revisiting!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 10, 2022 04:39

EasterMan
Listening to this right now on Spotify. Not as good as the Four Flicks mix, but still a great show worth revisiting!

Just listened to Brown Sugar, it's sounds completely overloaded and distorted compared to Live Licks. I don't know what they're are doing with these reissues but the sound is horrible.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: June 10, 2022 08:49

I hope the video is available to purchase digitally at some point.

EDIT: It is available, it just wasn't showing up in search particularly well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-10 08:50 by tommycharles.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 10, 2022 11:39

TheBlockbuster
EasterMan

Just listened to Brown Sugar, it's sounds completely overloaded and distorted compared to Live Licks. I don't know what they're are doing with these reissues but the sound is horrible.
It is typical 'modern days' production for nomad listening. As bad as all recent archive live editions.

Date: June 10, 2022 11:47

What's with the horns on Monkey Man? grinning smiley

Date: June 10, 2022 11:54

TheBlockbuster
EasterMan

If you listen to the rest, it doesn't sound like that. Seemingly, Keith started Brown Sugar with the pick up-switch in the middle position - hence the muddy sound.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 10, 2022 12:49

RaiseTheKnife
powerage78
2022 shows are far better.

Yes for sure. Keith and Ronnie just wasn't up to par in 2003, and Mick is much better today. And Steve just brings so much new energy to the band. Can't wait for the 2023 tour, it will definitely be the best so far.

I'm supposing this is tongue-in-cheek? grinning smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 10, 2022 13:02

His Satanic Sound Butcher Majesty - Sam Wheat!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 10, 2022 14:50

A very good pick. Some wild versions on this record. I like it.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 10, 2022 14:57

RobertJohnson

Sound butcher, I like the term. Just have concerns about the butchers' guild. They certainly feel rightly offended when you associate them with this depressing sound result.

Date: June 10, 2022 17:13

BlueTurns2Grey
RobertJohnson

Sound butcher, I like the term. Just have concerns about the butchers' guild. They certainly feel rightly offended when you associate them with this depressing sound result.

Yes, you are right. The sound is an insult to all butchers!

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 17:55

Landed on my doormat this lunchtime.
Naff packaging but I like the CD, nice show.
Look forward to viewing the BD.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 10, 2022 18:03

Usually I start to complain about the mix here but I started to accept that we probably won't get a good sounding mix on these releases anymore... So I'll save that energy from now on

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 10, 2022 18:18

StonedRambler
Usually I start to complain about the mix here but I started to accept that we probably won't get a good sounding mix on these releases anymore... So I'll save that energy from now on

The question is, why they contract to Bob Clearmountain to El Mocambo and not for all these re-releases...

Date: June 10, 2022 18:22

rogerriffin
StonedRambler

The question is, why they contract to Bob Clearmountain to El Mocambo and not for all these re-releases...
Money. With El Mocambo they probably thought it was worth it to invest in Clearmountain since it's such a well known, legendary concert. Still there are thousands of young sound engineering students who could do this better than Wheat and for less money...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 10, 2022 18:25

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: June 10, 2022 18:43

I’m not sure why everyone’s so down on the sound of this. I’m listening to it now, and apart from wanting a bit more bass sometimes, it’s just fine. It was a v good gig, too.

Date: June 10, 2022 19:26

StonedRambler
rogerriffin
StonedRambler

Money. With El Mocambo they probably thought it was worth it to invest in Clearmountain since it's such a well known, legendary concert. Still there are thousands of young sound engineering students who could do this better than Wheat and for less money...

Give the footage to one of us. You'll get more out of it than if Sam Wheat tries.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 10, 2022 19:35

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Is is at least better than Copacabana sound wise?

Date: June 10, 2022 19:52

RobertJohnson
StonedRambler
rogerriffin
StonedRambler

Give the footage to one of us. You'll get more out of it than if Sam Wheat tries.
True.

Date: June 10, 2022 19:54

TumblinDice76
Mine hasn't arrived yet. Is is at least better than Copacabana sound wise?
A bit better than Copacabana for sure but that doesn't mean it's good.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 10, 2022 20:05

About Licked Live In NYC, in my opinion it sounds good, I'm listening to it now on spotify and it sounds good to me. Sam did a good job here.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: June 10, 2022 20:10

UrbanSteel
About Licked Live In NYC, in my opinion it sounds good, I'm listening to it now on spotify and it sounds good to me. Sam did a good job here.

If you turns up the volume, sounds like if you put pillows on the speakers... Hope Bluray give a better experience, the setlist and performance deserves it.

Date: June 10, 2022 21:30

Thanks for the sound quality info StonedRambler.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: June 10, 2022 21:33

Listening to the white vinyl (actually CYHMK on side 4) and I'm completely satisfied with the mix.

Guys - either it's artificial excitement as soon as Sam Wheat's name is mentioned, or the CDs are as bad (like they always were) - maybe both?

Date: June 10, 2022 21:45

The only 2 I thought that were really bad were Ladies & Gentlemen and Copacabana. Everything else was fine by me.

Date: June 10, 2022 21:49

TumblinDice76
The only 2 I thought that were really bad were Ladies & Gentlemen and Copacabana. Everything else was fine by me.

Funnny - I always thought that the Voodoo one is the badest of them all - but based on vinyl again.

Date: June 10, 2022 21:53

My Voodoo is on CD. It doesn't jump out to me as badly as Copacabana does. Most bootlegs sound better than Copa IMO.

Date: June 10, 2022 21:57

TumblinDice76
My Voodoo is on CD. It doesn't jump out to me as badly as Copacabana does. Most bootlegs sound better than Copa IMO.
The most stupid thing about Copa is that the original DVD from the Biggest Bang boxset sounded absolutely amazing. So they basically paid a mixed to make it sound worse. Same with this one, the original DVD sounded just fine.

Date: June 10, 2022 21:59

I have to admit that I only listened once to Copacabana as I don't want to open the CSN9 plastic bag and had it running in the background, so I can't tell.

Anyway, for instance I'd love to have Liverpool '71 or Innsbruck '73 mixed by Sam - I wouldn't mind I tell you ;-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home